The Rochester Thread - 65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess I could but I won't. I trust the point has been made.

Dude, I get it. You want a Kotobukiya section. So do I. So does Kotobukiya. So do a lot of other people.

There are some things that need to happen first before this takes place. All I can say is that is IS being discussed, but nothing that I can share publicly.

I trust that's better?

Reaction score
SITH_BIZ said:
Safe travels Dan! If you go to Hard Rock Cafe Japan, I want a shot glass and a guitar pin!!!
LOL

Congrats Jason on the marriage...still should've asked around for advice though!
Thanks for the well wishes, Mark. I promise we'll get together eventually... Your stuff is safe and sound and I'll be sure not to put it at the bottom of a box that ends up in the back of the garage

Also, I meant to mention- thanks, Aaron, for updating me on the zombie movie mix
. I can't wait!!!

Reaction score
Well I thought I would just post to say congrats Jason and no I'm not dead, things just got crazy around here then I went on vacation. I am soooo looking forward to the clone wars stuff. Hurry up and get here already!!!

Reaction score
thanks Jason

hey Brian, are you headed out for the Midnight Madness to get your Clone Wars stuff?

Reaction score
SITH_BIZ said:
hey Brian, are you headed out for the Midnight Madness to get your Clone Wars stuff?
where? when? Perhaps, I'm still trying to get back into the swing of things here. Traveling for 2 days really messed me up.

Reaction score
7/26 at midnight, Henrietta TRU or possibly a 24-hr WM that will have it available to buy at Midnight?

Reaction score
SITH_BIZ said:
7/26 at midnight, Henrietta TRU or possibly a 24-hr WM that will have it available to buy at Midnight?
I might be doing the Henrietta TRU if I can swing it. I don't know what that day is going to be like yet. Will have to keep an eye on the date.

Reaction score
SITH_BIZ said:
To everyone that will going to the Midnight-Madness:

Seeing how we live about a mile from TRU, you guys/gals/kids are welcome to come over our house for a little ~shing-ding~ around 7pm.

Nothing too big, just ham's & hot's and XXX (beer that is).

PM if you can make it/directions.

** oh yeah, Aaron has been working on the collector room...vintage, 12", vint. puzzles, and the "peg" wall and some of the bigger stuff is now displayed....

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:
There IS a reason we don't have a dedicated Kotobukiya section in the forums, that frankly is none of your business....
Yikes!!

Who put the chopsticks up your kimono??

Have a GREAT trip!!

Reaction score
I grabbed Wave 1 of the Legacy Collection today at a local Target. Each of the eight new figures were one-per-case. The case was completed with repacks (on TLC card) of Battle-Damaged Darth Vader, Commander Gree, the Kashyyyk Trooper, and the EVO Trooper. Four of the eight figures I grabbed had the "1st Day of Issue" sticker on them. Shoot me a PM if you're interested in the location.

Reaction score
I picked up the new CW figures in 5D today. Also, I noticed a someone unloading a cart with a good number of SW action figure boxes. He opened a couple for me and I took about 5 Legacy figures. Looks like it will take 4 figures to make a droid. Also, first day stickers on some not all CW figures. Same with LC.

Question...is the Rex in this set the same as the one we mailed away for?

Reaction score
Smoba_Fett said:
I picked up the new CW figures in 5D today. Also, I noticed a someone unloading a cart with a good number of SW action figure boxes. He opened a couple for me and I took about 5 Legacy figures. Looks like it will take 4 figures to make a droid. Also, first day stickers on some not all CW figures. Same with LC.

Question...is the Rex in this set the same as the one we mailed away for?
Were they on the pegs, Frank?

Yes ... any TLC wave that is made up of eight figures will make two astromech droids. The six-figure waves make one protocol droid.

The mailaway Rex and the CW Rex are somewhat different.

Reaction score
Only the CW figures were on the pegs. Looked to be enough for 2 sets. There was at least another box of CW figures on the cart that he opened and the seemed to be the same as the first. I am not sure if I saw/picked up the battle droid?

I did not want to push it, I was expecting someone to come by and say "hey we can't sell those yet"

Reaction score
Neal said:
Sithology_101 said:
Neal.....

Now that you have all the ~new ~ stuff.....are you still coming to the Midnight Madness, so that we may all bask in your greatness??

Sure. There's still plenty of items to get ... and I'll have my nephews with me. They've never experienced a Midnight Madness.
I'm bringing some family to... I want lots of Grievous's

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:
Sithology_101 said:
CaptainAlex said:
I'm just going to drop it. Not worth the time and effort...
One could just start a Koto Thread.....right??
Renee....do me a favor, and just stay out of it...thanks.
*This has been brought to you from Japan.

BTW, Victor and Greece have 0 Falcons. Oh well. Perhaps one of the others will still have them in stock by NEXT FRIDAY....

Reaction score
The_LingSter said:
BTW, Victor has 0 Falcons. Oh well. Perhaps one of the others will still have them in stock by NEXT FRIDAY....
you may want to check again...heard conflicting report I have.

Reaction score
SITH_BIZ said:
The_LingSter said:
BTW, Victor has 0 Falcons. Oh well. Perhaps one of the others will still have them in stock by NEXT FRIDAY....
you may want to check again...heard conflicting report I have.
Yup ... as of 11:45ish, Victor had BMFs in the back room.
Also, Wal-Marts are supposed to be getting 10 BMFs each for the initial launch. I don't think you should have a problem, John.

Reaction score
Smoba_Fett said:
Only the CW figures were on the pegs. Looked to be enough for 2 sets. There was at least another box of CW figures on the cart that he opened and the seemed to be the same as the first. I am not sure if I saw/picked up the battle droid?

I did not want to push it, I was expecting someone to come by and say "hey we can't sell those yet"
Thanks for the tip, Frank. I was able to pick up six of the eight Clone Wars figures (Yoda and Grievous were gone). They had around two each of the remaining six Clone Wars figures and remnants of Wave 1 of the Legacy Collection on the pegs. I grabbed the six Clone Wars figures when a helpful associate asked me if I needed any assistance. I asked him if they had any more figures in the back, to which he replied, "no". I left the aisle for about two minutes to check one of the scanners for a few items and when I came back to the aisle, every single figure was pulled from the pegs. Looks like I got there just in time.

Reaction score
Glad I could help.

I had a feeling something like that may happen. That is why I took the 11 figures that I wanted, and quickly departed. They had a bunch of SW boxes on the cart. But if I hung around and asked the clerk to open more, I may have attracted your helpful clerk as well, and the whole operation would have been a failure.

If I see Yoda and Grevious, I will stash for you before they get pulled.

Reaction score
Smoba_Fett said:
If I see Yoda and Grevious, I will stash for you before they get pulled.
Thanks ... I appreciate it.
Just curious ... what TLC figures did you grab for yourself?

Reaction score
Leektar & Nippet
Darth Vader
Bane Malar
Darth Vader (Battle Damage)
Commander Gree

With the repacks, I was sucked in by the shiny packages.

Reaction score
YAY!!!!! Unless I happen to fall asleep early I plan on going to the TRU Midnight Madness

Reaction score
I picked up an AT-TE tonight at the Victor Target. The same guy who grabbed the BMF for me last week was nice enough to help me again.

Reaction score
Amazing! Will there be anything you're looking for at midnight madness, or are you caught up, Neal?

How do you like the AT-TE?

Reaction score
Hedji said:
Amazing! Will there be anything you're looking for at midnight madness, or are you caught up, Neal?
Oh, there's always something else.

I still need a couple of the Clone Wars figures, the new $20 vehicles, the new Evolutions sets, the exclusive Grievous and Commander Fox, Galactic Heroes sets, etc.

Hedji said:
How do you like the AT-TE?
It's amazing. I can't decide which I like better between that and the BMF, but they're easily #1 and #1a on my "favorite vehicles" list. They're both SO much better than anything Hasbro has released before.

Reaction score
Target in Greece has reset. The SW section has moved (previously the Hulk section) and appears to be much larger. The employees seemed to know the release date, so I don't anticipate any early appearances in Greece. But you never know. They also put out the new GI Joe vehicles while I was there.

Reaction score
Speaking of Target, the Victor store had a Clone Wars Yoda and Legacy Collection Bane Mallar on the pegs today. Seeing that I needed Yoda, I grabbed it. I also picked up Malar for another Scummer.

Reaction score
Did they have a good number of figures out (or just the two that you mentioned)?

Thanks

Reaction score
Hey, Neal, I was wondering this today, so maybe you could check it out for me. Does the AT-TE fit only the new CW figures (with their narrower leg stance) or can the "original style" clones fit in there as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.