The Rochester Thread - 65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Neal.....

Now that you have all the ~new ~ stuff.....are you still coming to the Midnight Madness, so that we may all bask in your greatness??

Reaction score
Sithology_101 said:
Neal.....

Now that you have all the ~new ~ stuff.....are you still coming to the Midnight Madness, so that we may all bask in your greatness??
Sure. There's still plenty of items to get ... and I'll have my nephews with me. They've never experienced a Midnight Madness.

Reaction score
I thought i'd offer it up here before i make it to the trade forum.
I am selling off 3 of my MR Helmets:
212th Utapau (Orange & White like Cody) #152 -$375 shipped
501st Special Ops (Clean) (Blue & White) #145 -$375 shipped
327th Star Corp. (Bly) (Yellow & White) #150 -$375 shipped

I paid $500 each for these so its a pretty good discount.
If anyone is intrested in all 3 $1100 shipped.

I know cash is tough for all, thought i'd present them to friends before ebaying them next friday.

Reaction score
Wingnut said:

Lots of em.
And lots of CW Boxes too.
And I didnt grab any of em...I'm too damn honest.

On the brightside got the entire Bazooka/BBQ/Serpent/BAT wave tonight, even grabbed 2 BATS so I have a pair.

Picked up 2 Order 66, hit a TRU and got the Night Watch pack and grabbed all of the new vehicle packs too.

No more GIJoe..my card hurts.
Where were the SW figures? I'm not that honest.

Reaction score
Stopped by 0k today. They had a ton of Glactic Heroes in CW packaging & a bunch of others in a new design non-CW packaging.

Reaction score
macross7 said:
Stopped by 0k today. They had a ton of Glactic Heroes in CW packaging & a bunch of others in a new design non-CW packaging.
Yup ... those are also coded not to sell in the Wal-Mart computers. I haven't personally tried it with the GH sets, but I've read of others who have.

Reaction score
I love it! So much for street dates...

Man, if I wasn't leaving for Japan on Tuesday, I'd be buying up everything! Ah well, I'm sure they'll be there when I get back in August.

I can wait...

Reaction score
Baltar said:
And now they have zero

Thanks for the tip!

No problem.

Now that I've had a chance to open, assemble, and play around with the BMF, I can say without any hesitation that this is easily the best toy ever released in the Star Wars line. I know we all criticize Hasbro enough, but they really knocked it out of the park with this one.

Reaction score
The_LingSter said:
and will there be any left for me when they come out on the 26th...?
Falcons? Nope. Dave and I purchased the only two that were going to be available in the entire Rochester area.

Reaction score
Nothing today at Gates....but I did run into Frank, so that was cool!

I leave tomorrow!

Reaction score
For anyone that doesn't feel like screwing the Falcon and would like to try to get one, they have then in the back room at the Penfield Target. For anyone interested, the DPCI is:

087-06-0877

Reaction score
Also,

I was in the Wal-mart in Greece, and noticed a few GI Joe figures I was looking for. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that someone did a good job putting older figures in the package and closing it back up. I noticed the same thing a few months ago at the Wal-mart in Irondoquit, but he/she has now not gotten much better at it.

Reaction score
Neal said:
For anyone that doesn't feel like screwing the Falcon and would like to try to get one, they have then in the back room at the Penfield Target. For anyone interested, the DPCI is:

087-06-0877
I hate posting 3 times in a row, but is 149.99 the going price?

Thanks,
Frank

Reaction score
Smoba_Fett said:
Also,

I was in the Wal-mart in Greece, and noticed a few GI Joe figures I was looking for. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that someone did a good job putting older figures in the package and closing it back up. I noticed the same thing a few months ago at the Wal-mart in Irondoquit, but he/she has now not gotten much better at it.
I saw that at Hudson Wal-Mart a few weeks ago with Baroness and 1 or 2 others. WTF!

Reaction score
Smoba_Fett said:
Neal said:

087-06-0877
I hate posting 3 times in a row, but is 149.99 the going price?

Thanks,
Frank
That'd be correct. My wallet is still hurting

Reaction score
Neal said:
The_LingSter said:
and will there be any left for me when they come out on the 26th...?
Falcons? Nope. Dave and I purchased the only two that were going to be available in the entire Rochester area.
So much for that...cool.

It was just a bit hard to believe that they would ship only 2 BMFs.....at that price point of $149, I think we'll see some more.

Reaction score
Speaking of the Falcon, add the Webster, Irondequoit, and Henrietta Targets as locations that have them in the back room.

Reaction score
Wingnut said:
Screw the Falcon
I want the AT-TE
Here - Here....

(of course if I do come across a BMF I will surely pick it up.....but I'm not going out of my way for it).

Reaction score
I really want an AT-TE as well ... but as of today, none of the five Targets I stopped at had any.

Reaction score
Smoba_Fett said:
I was in the Wal-mart in Greece, and noticed a few GI Joe figures I was looking for. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that someone did a good job putting older figures in the package and closing it back up.
That useless friggin blonde.
I was there Saturday night and told them about those figures. I even pulled them off the rack and showed them to a manager they called for me. She must have put them right back up after I left.

He hit Brockport WM too because I drove out there too.

Reaction score
Wingnut said:
Smoba_Fett said:
I was in the Wal-mart in Greece, and noticed a few GI Joe figures I was looking for. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that someone did a good job putting older figures in the package and closing it back up.
That useless friggin blonde.
I was there Saturday night and told them about those figures. I even pulled them off the rack and showed them to a manager they called for me. She must have put them right back up after I left.
WTF, what losers! Nice to see that they care

Reaction score
I've seen such things at Gates Wal-Mart as well. I usually get blank stares when I try to tell employees that the firgures are not correct. Both times I've been asked, "Are you sure?" when the figure inside is clearly not the one pictured on the packaging. I don't bother now. Wal-Mart is only screwing themselves- not that losing ten bucks on a toy is going to set them back much.
The ignorance shouldn't bother me, but it does.

In other news, I survived
I still have to finish packing and moving out of my apartment, which is very stressful, but I am very happy so far. It's been a long time coming.
It kills me to know that new stuff is showing up every day, but so far I wouldn't trade being married for a BMF
. I'll just have to go over to Neal's and play with his
I do have the AT-TE to look forward to, though...

Reaction score
I just laugh at the Joe repacks....I don't waste my time pointing it out to employees.

Of coruse, I am done with Joe anyway, so I don't care....

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:
I just laugh at the Joe repacks....I don't waste my time pointing it out to employees.
Of coruse, I am done with Joe anyway, so I don't care....
Heartless monster!

Have a safe trip.

Reaction score
Have a good trip Dan. Perhaps some time in Japan will give you an appreciation of Kotobukiya products and we can finally get a section for that product line.

Reaction score
Safe travels Dan! If you go to Hard Rock Cafe Japan, I want a shot glass and a guitar pin!!!
LOL

Congrats Jason on the marriage...still should've asked around for advice though!

Seriously...hope you are blissfully happy! Once you're done with packing and settled in, let me know when you're free to meet up for the HRC stuff.

Reaction score
CaptainAlex said:
Have a good trip Dan. Perhaps some time in Japan will give you an appreciation of Kotobukiya products and we can finally get a section for that product line.
The reason we don't have a Kotobukiya section is NOT because I don't dig them...in fact, most of the time I'm in Japan and San Diego, I'll be hanging with the folks at Koto, whom I've met before several times.

There IS a reason we don't have a dedicated Kotobukiya section in the forums, that frankly is none of your business. All I can say is that it's being discussed...

Reaction score
Enjoy yourself, Dan! Wish I were going too. Should be a wild time, and some of their exclusives look fantastic!

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:
There IS a reason we don't have a dedicated Kotobukiya section in the forums, that frankly is none of your business. All I can say is that it's being discussed...
Wow, thanks for putting me in my place. Could you be anymore rude?

Status
Not open for further replies.