The Rochester Thread - 65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Let's try this again...

What I photographed yesterday....

Reaction score
I stashed an Artic Snake Eyes at 3G a few minutes ago. PM me if interested.

Also, if anyone sees the WWE Classic two pack with Andy Kaufman, can you please stash or let me know. (Never mind-I found it at TRU.com)

Reaction score
Wingnut said:
Baltar said:
I grabbed the new Copperhead/Shipwreck & Duke/Red Star GI Joe comic sets from 6L yesterday.

This morning 6L had a full case of the latest GI Joe basic figure wave. I grabbed Major Bludd for Rick and left the rest on the pegs. The new Firefly/StormShadow comic set also remains on the pegs.
Yeah I picked those up on Saturday.
The Firefly figure in particular was pretty nice.
Nice, good score!

I concur, the Firefly looks pretty cool. If it hadn't been for the fact that I just picked up the single carded Firefly figure last week, I would have grabbed the Firefly/StormShadow comic set too. And I may decide to grab it down the road

As for this wave, I also love the Copperhead figure!

Reaction score
SNEAK PEEK!

As promised, here are a few photos of the first Droid Factory set! (Okay, I guess technically it's the third set, but it's the first I've gotten my hands on!
)

Han Solo: I still don't like this figure, but at least the head is more accurate and includes the hood. The goggles can be plugged into the hood either over the eyes or above the brim. Neat! (and I'm a fan of the "blue coat" versions, so this is a nice touch.)
R-3PO: Call me crazy, but I really like the SAGA R-3PO figure from 2004. And this figure doesn't do much to change my mind. It's...well, it's a red C-3PO with yellow eyes and copper screws.
C-3PX: Only the leg so far, but this promises to be a sweet figure! ball-hinged joints on the knee and ankle, and the calf blaster is glued on. I've seen the finished figure up close at Toy Fair, so I already know what it's going to be like, but I think you will like it.

Keep an eye out for them, because the goggles are taped to the floor of the packaging:

Reaction score
Is that build-a-figure the battle C-3PO that was planned way back in POTF2 but Lucas said no? The R2 got modified into the POTF2 R5-D4 be I never heard what happened to the C-3PO.

Reaction score
macross7 said:
Is that build-a-figure the battle C-3PO that was planned way back in POTF2 but Lucas said no? The R2 got modified into the POTF2 R5-D4 be I never heard what happened to the C-3PO.
C-3PX is from the old Marvel Comics. It's a protocol droid that went nuts and became an assassin. it's an official part of the EU from way back when. I'm betting that wookipedia has better infomation about him.

I'm assuming that since this C-3PX is ball jointed in all the right spots, that we'll see an UNTIMATE 3P0 droid... and many others...?

Reaction score
Okay, I'm done! >Whew!<

The first (for me, anyway) DROID FACTORY set is now added to our Photo Archive!

Although there are elements of the TAC packaging design here, I opted to keep this set in The Legacy Collection, since it's been billed as a "preview wave"...so a "wave 0" if you will...and it's part of the Droid Factory theme, so I think it's okay to include here.

Always hard to say where these transitional waves should go, but it's kind of neat that the first TLC PA page is from the OT, right?

Anyway, enjoy the photos! LMK if you spot any errors, as I did this one really fast.

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:
R-3PO: Call me crazy, but I really like the SAGA R-3PO figure from 2004. And this figure doesn't do much to change my mind. It's...well, it's a red C-3PO with yellow eyes and copper screws.
You're not crazy, Dan. I liked the original Saga R-3PO a lot, too. This one looks too shiny.

Reaction score
Saw the Shadow Stormtrooper yesterday at 4A along with his shadow clone buddy, Zev & some of the Clone commanders from that wave.

Reaction score
you joking right?

August: Knights of the Old Republic set. (mandos.. mandos mandos...)

November: Clone Wars set. (Mando clones who are not really mandos, but cheap knock-offs of mandos)

None of these are going to be "huge"

Reaction score
Hey Scott, did you ever get a full set o Alliance and Empire together?

If between you and John, you have a full set, LMK. Thanks!

Reaction score
The_LingSter said:
August: Knights of the Old Republic set. (mandos.. mandos mandos...)
November: Clone Wars set. (Mando clones who are not really mandos, but cheap knock-offs of mandos)
Great.
These Mandos better be good.

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:
Hey Scott, did you ever get a full set o Alliance and Empire together?

If between you and John, you have a full set, LMK. Thanks!
He doesn't have it anymore. I'm still down 4 figures. Don't quite have the cash to get them. can't fide the Luke's Landspeeder figure yet.

Reaction score
the 4 I need are these:

Luke's Landspeeder
Aurra Sing, Jedi Hunter
Obi-Wan Spirit
Biggs Darklighter

Reaction score
This one's for Rick...or anyone else that likes DC figures:

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:

Nice! Being in the 3 & 3/4 scale, I'll definitely be getting some of these. Man, I'm going to be [censored] broke!

Reaction score
If anyone is still looking for the Target exclusive GI Joe vehicles, a few are still out there & now marked down to $6.98. I grabbed a Cobra HISS this morning.

Reaction score
Baltar said:
Mr Curto said:

Nice! Being in the 3 & 3/4 scale, I'll definitely be getting some of these. Man, I'm going to be [censored] broke!
Not sure if I'll be getting these, I don't think they look all that great.

Reaction score
I picked up the Mygeeto BP at Penfield Target last night thanks to Neal's stashing and Dave's PM. Thanks, guys! I also grabbed the Shipwreck and Firefly comics packs (the firefly one I got 2 nights ago). Still can't find Bludd (grr).

only 5 more weeks until Doomsday (when my collecting effectively ends for a while)!! I am definitely looking forward to Alaska, though!!

Has anybody seen the Hoth Speeder Bike BP yet? Isn't that due out about now?

Reaction score
I spotted 2 Major Bludd figures at 1A today. Left them both behind.

The Hoth Speeder Bike set was pushed back to the fall TLC assortment.

Reaction score
82jp said:
I picked up the Mygeeto BP at Penfield Target last night thanks to Neal's stashing and Dave's PM. Thanks, guys! I also grabbed the Shipwreck and Firefly comics packs (the firefly one I got 2 nights ago). Still can't find Bludd (grr).
No problem, and good scores!

If you're not able to grab Bludd from 1A, I'll keep an eye out for it.

Reaction score
A certain Target had two each of the HISS Tank and AWE Striker marked down to $6.98 tonight. They also had the four new Mighty Muggs. If anyone is interested in the location, shoot me a PM.

Reaction score
82jp said:
only 5 more weeks until Doomsday (when my collecting effectively ends for a while)!!
That will be a week or two before the HUGE July 26th release. What an awful time to get married.

Reaction score
This morning:
6O: Various assortment of TAC & Saga Legends including TFU Rahm, BD Vader, Jump Trooper, Evo Trooper Maris, Shadow Stormie.
3Q: 3 Jump Troopers, Neyo, latest GI Joe wave minus Bludd

Reaction score
jediblood said:
Baltar said:
Mr Curto said:

Not sure if I'll be getting these, I don't think they look all that great.
I was thinking the same thing about their looks. They look like they're more geared to kids, if they knew who the initially released characters were!

Reaction score
Saw the next wave of Iron Man figures. Iron Monger w/opening cockpit & Titanium Man today in Albion. Picked up the new GIJoe comic packs & Major Bludd.

SW titaniums are $5 there. They had the Hot Rod Jedi Fighter, the Tie Interceptor w/ red stripes & Battlestar's President's ship. That thing is 2 years old and still rotting on the pegs.

On the way back, I picked up Transformers Animated at Brockport!!! Cleaned them out (of course they only had one of each). Got Bumblebee, Prowl, Ratchet, Black Arachnia & Lockdown.

Reaction score
macross7 said:
On the way back, I picked up Transformers Animated at Brockport!!! Cleaned them out (of course they only had one of each). Got Bumblebee, Prowl, Ratchet, Black Arachnia & Lockdown.
Saw these today at Hudson Ave as well. They had multiples of each deluxe figure and two each of the Voyager-class Grimlock and Lugnut.

Reaction score
I personally don't like the new animated transformers series. they just look stupid.

Reaction score
Has anyone seen anymore of the recent Target exclusive 2 packs? I'm thinking these are all long gone. I need all of them since I never got around to getting them.

Florida was hot as hell and a bit too crowded but we had a blast anyway. I picked up an extra Goofy as Darth Vader, Goofy as Jar Jar and Donald as Darth Maul if anyone is interested. They were $10.70 w/ tax.

Status
Not open for further replies.