The Rise of Skywalker - The Emperor Mini Bust

Reaction score
Nice to see the movie get a little attention.

If they nail the face sculpt, I'll be interested, I loved the robe look he had after his "transformation," even if it made little sense.

Reaction score
It looks pretty cool, however not cool enough to warrant me actually buying this & replacing my episode 3 Palps bust signed by Ian Mcdiarmid, imho

Reaction score
It looks a bit stumpy to me, the height of the bust compared to the height of the base.

I like the pose but it's not for me, I'll continue my search for the ESB Emperor.

Reaction score
As I anticipated in another thread a few time ago, I was completly sure that this minibust was coming. I like the concept, but it's another Palpatine. GG it's not taking any risk in the sequels minibusts and they are choosing characters that they know will be easy sold. I would like to see more new important characters not yet done as a minibust from the sequels instead repeated characters. From the 4 minibusts announced of the ep. 9, only the sith trooper it's a new character.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I like this bust, the idea looks pretty cool but Ill wait to see the sculpt to get excited. It should come with strobe light effect from the movie. Lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I was thinking about this being a possibility yesterday not knowing anything about it... I like it and will probably buy it. Would I have liked a new, unproduced character instead? Yes, but this is cool. I’m surprised they haven’t made an ST Leia and Han bust yet, honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I'd have liked a statue oof him attached to the machine but this is still a cool bust and unbelievably I've lost the other 3 Palpatine busts.

Reaction score
There's not much (if anything) I'm interested in purchasing from the ST, but admit this did turn my head. But 5 months later not a word from Diamond (GG). I wonder if this concept quietly got shelved or they're too busy cashin' those Mando checks.

Reaction score
There's not much (if anything) I'm interested in purchasing from the ST, but admit this did turn my head. But 5 months later not a word from Diamond (GG). I wonder if this concept quietly got shelved or they're too busy cashin' those Mando checks.

I'm hopeful this is still on track as well but we still haven't seen final product photos of Dark Rey yet so it might be a while.

Reaction score
I'm hopeful this is still on track as well but we still haven't seen final product photos of Dark Rey yet so it might be a while.
It just a matter of time. I'm sure both busts will be released. For sure I will buy both and all other future busts from the sequels. I hope there will be more, there it's still missing attractive characters like Poe, Snoke, Jet troopers, Knights of Ren... that needs to be done.

Reaction score
"I might have preferred cloudy eyed, decaying hands Palps" - I strongly agree, otherwise why even do this one?

Reaction score
Preorders are live... I think it generally looks good and I love his crispy fingers, but there's something about his face... I think it's that the level of damage / wrinkling on the bottom half is so minimal compared to the top.

GycXKf3.jpg

Also, maybe it's just the lighting, but I feel like we're missing a ton of detail in the red undershirt...

YT1swX0.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
That face is way off, sorry but it looks like the bad guy from The Mask when he puts the mask on. I thought the emperor was blind in those scenes.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Nice piece but could be improved. The face ton is different from the film also the red undershirt. The face it looks like a fat man...The concept shown was better

Reaction score
Regarding likeness this is a vast improvement on previous abominations the first ROTJ Emperor looked like the witch from snow White.
Still gg not hitting the mark for me.

Reaction score
Not for me. The sleeves would be a bit of a concern for me, is it all going to sit level or will it be a bit wonky! My Amanaman doesn't sit right as the staff is too long.

Reaction score
Agreed , the face is the problem. It's too fat , not gaunt enough. The red bags under the eyes look way too big to me. Should be looking more like crusty white pancake makeup with the crazy looking eyes. And the red shirt is missing all the texture it should have.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I like it but holding out for a Dark Rey, if it happens. I only have space for a few more mini-busts and already have the Episode 3 Sidious but.