The Rescue Set

Reaction score
Yeah kind of like how GL understood this aspect but gets lambasted by some as someone just trying to sell toys. lol

Jon Favreau was talking about this in a recent interview. He discussed how George was able to build Lucasfilm, and that both the innovations of ILM and the merchandising generated the revenue that helped to make this industry leading company. Profits from toy sales don't exist in a vacuum.

Reaction score
There is about ten other Exclusives they could do with varying degrees of retools, so yeah it's totally feasible.

Reaction score
Those clear packaging pieces look glued into the backdrop making them either
1: easily rip the backdrop
2: if cut out correctly still makes them useless for photos
Looking at the packaging, it seems to be glued to the backdrop.

Attachments

• 1E6B63DF-D5BF-4489-B0EE-ED3F86DE0EC6.png
    1E6B63DF-D5BF-4489-B0EE-ED3F86DE0EC6.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 27
Reaction score
I'm up in the air on this one. The improvements/updates on the figures,e xtra accessories, and cool backdrop are real plusses. On the other hand, I wonder what else might come out at the same time that I might want instead.

My fear is we see this same Mando w/ spear (without the flame and missile effects) in the basic line in spring 23. I'll keep mulling it over.

Reaction score
While I love this set... this should be $60 max. $15 per figure (Grogu figurine is an accessory) is being generous since these are repacks. And then $15 for the sweet accessories is reasonable, and would fit perceived value. $75 is ridiculous! With the way the real world is going, this is a must skip for me. Unfortunately. $15 cheaper, and I woulda scooped without hesitation. Like a chump 😃

Reaction score
For me it was an easy "no" before I knew it wasn't a summer exclusive that I would need to pay for now. Knowing that it's a pre-order and not due for awhile kinda changes things. However it is expensive for what it is. It would be the first of the The Mandalorian TVC stuff that I would be passing on (not counting all that carbonized nonsense) so that factors in for me also.

Also, while it really shouldn't make a difference but definitely does, the Mattel Jurassic set is just soooo much nicer for probably the same money.

bac

Reaction score
Also, while it really shouldn't make a difference but definitely does, the Mattel Jurassic set is just soooo much nicer for probably the same money.

Is there a price on that yet? I haven't see one.

But yes, if the JP set price is in the same vicinity then it's a better deal. The 1:18 T-Rex is awesome from pics. I haven't been able to secure the regular retail one so I'll be after the exclusive with Generro on crappah.

Reaction score
Is there a price on that yet? I haven't see one.

But yes, if the JP set price is in the same vicinity then it's a better deal. The 1:18 T-Rex is awesome from pics. I haven't been able to secure the regular retail one so I'll be after the exclusive with Generro on crappah.

I am just assuming it will be close given how Mattel has been pricing things

Reaction score
While I love this set... this should be $60 max. $15 per figure (Grogu figurine is an accessory) is being generous since these are repacks. And then $15 for the sweet accessories is reasonable, and would fit perceived value. $75 is ridiculous! With the way the real world is going, this is a must skip for me. Unfortunately. $15 cheaper, and I woulda scooped without hesitation. Like a chump 😃
While I get you, it is an SDCC Exclusive so that in itself carries a premium price. You might have forgotten but Exclusive repacks seem to be $2 more per figure than their basic counterpart, add that to the "limited Production Run" aspect that causes an increase. As well as the "special packaging" I'm not expecting anything less than $70 but thinking it will be $80.

Reaction score
While I get you, it is an SDCC Exclusive so that in itself carries a premium price. You might have forgotten but Exclusive repacks seem to be $2 more per figure than their basic counterpart, add that to the "limited Production Run" aspect that causes an increase. As well as the "special packaging" I'm not expecting anything less than $70 but thinking it will be $80.
It is $75. Thus my math. And yes, the $15 I list covers their usual mark-up for "exclusive repacks". And the special packaging is no different than any other multipack, they just chose to make it relevant to keep. Which is great! Except... look closely at the packaged pic - see those accessories in bubbles GLUED to the fancy packaging they are using as an excuse to jack the price up?!?! Hahaha... so unless this is some special adhesive that is strong enough to hold that bubble and the extra weight inside yet won't rip the printed image beneath when we remove it, it is trash 😉

Reaction score
I think they're doing what they did with the Favreau exclusive whenever that was... people at the con got the preorder code, then sometime later, what was left was up for preorder on Pulse.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
I think they're doing what they did with the Favreau exclusive whenever that was... people at the con got the preorder code, then sometime later, what was left was up for preorder on Pulse.
The Rescue Set was only on display at SDCC. There were no QR codes given to purchase. As others have said it will be available at a later date on Pulse. Whether or not that will be in conjunction with PulseCon at the end of September isn't known.

Reaction score
Jon Favreau was talking about this in a recent interview. He discussed how George was able to build Lucasfilm, and that both the innovations of ILM and the merchandising generated the revenue that helped to make this industry leading company. Profits from toy sales don't exist in a vacuum.

The Making of Empire Strikes Back Book from the 2010 anniversary put a new spin on the merchandise. The Empire Strikes Back went way over schedule and hopelessly over budget. LucasFilm accountants told George Lucas they’d be out of money before filming was completed. They couldn’t secure anymore loans. In about a month the only option they’d have would be to accept financing from 20th Century Fox to finish the movie in exchange for the ownership rights to Star Wars. LucasFilm would essential be ruined. George Lucas’s dream of independence ended.

Then LucasFilm made unanticipated profits and was looking at 6 to 8 weeks before it was out of money. And before Empire finished shooting LucasFilm was making more money than it was spending. A lot more.

It was the profits from merchandise. There wasnt a lot of Star Wars items to buy in 1977. Action figures didn’t come out until 1978. It wasn’t until 1979 that the wave of money from licensees flooded in. It save LucasFilm and rescued George Lucas from losing Star Wars.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Rescue Set was only on display at SDCC. There were no QR codes given to purchase. As others have said it will be available at a later date on Pulse. Whether or not that will be in conjunction with PulseCon at the end of September isn't known.
You're doing damage control for me all over these boards!

I must've been confused about the coded because I saw a video of some code being passed out Friday afternoon and assumed it was that.

Reaction score
I must've been confused about the coded because I saw a video of some code being passed out Friday afternoon and assumed it was that.
That was the QR code to purchase the Black Series Boba Fett (In Disguise) SDCC exclusive on Pulse's website. Turns out it wasn't even needed since anyone with the URL could purchase it when they put quantities up. 😏

Reaction score
Available on Robot Kingdom.

Reaction score
Available on Robot Kingdom.

Yeah, but $46-$57 for shipping!

Reaction score
Somehow I think I can wait for the free shipping from Hasbro Pulse when this goes up for preorder within the next couple of weeks.
But free shipping, remember, is only for premium members now.

Reaction score
I want this set and am definitely not ordering it from RK. I know there were some here that ordered Merrick’s X-wing and paid that much for shipping. Crazy.

Reaction score
I want this set and am definitely not ordering it from RK. I know there were some here that ordered Merrick’s X-wing and paid that much for shipping. Crazy.

Lol those same Merrick sets that piled up here...

Reaction score
Necessary for the flamethrower attachment, but it's not a big deal. The whistling birds accessory is a real winner though.

Imo they should’ve reversed the design, & had that silver block that the flame plugs into on the gauntlet as a painted piece of silver at the tip of the flame with a peg on it that can plug into a hole on the gauntlet so at least it’s still streamlined when not in use.

The problem ofc is that Hasbro uses chewing gum for their accessories these days...remember that flame missile accessory from Saga Arena Jango back in the day? Now, that thing had some mass & velocity :p

I am also a much bigger fan of what they were able to do with the whistling birds, & the battle damage/flames on the Darktrooper.

Still waiting to see some early reviews of this set; if they’ve upgraded the hips on Din & Gideon to be the newer style as seen on most of the latest TVC Mandalorian variants + Solo Lando/Lobot, Bo Katan etc, I’ll be snagging immediately.

Reaction score
I had to LOL at this Ebay description:

The set will include the following variant repacks:
*Din Djarin with a soft goods cape, beskar spear, and flame/whistling bird effects.
*Moff Gideon with a soft goods cape, Darksaber, and a boatload of weapons.
*Grogu with child-sized handcuffs.
*A way-too-small Dark Trooper with flame effects and a gun.

Reaction score
Some in-hand loose images courtesy zeph1912 on Discord.

VC-The-Rescue-Set-TM-Convention-Exclusive-In-Hand-Loose-1.jpg

VC-The-Rescue-Set-TM-Convention-Exclusive-In-Hand-Loose-2.jpg

VC-The-Rescue-Set-TM-Convention-Exclusive-In-Hand-Loose-3.jpg

VC-The-Rescue-Set-TM-Convention-Exclusive-In-Hand-Loose-4.jpg

VC-The-Rescue-Set-TM-Convention-Exclusive-In-Hand-Loose-5.jpg

VC-The-Rescue-Set-TM-Convention-Exclusive-In-Hand-Loose-6.jpg

VC-The-Rescue-Set-TM-Convention-Exclusive-In-Hand-Loose-7.jpg