The Rescue Set

GNT

Reaction score
In Demand Toys has posted one of the Convention Exclusives planned for this year on Facebook. The Vintage Collection The Rescue Set features the Dark Trooper, The Mandalorian, Grogu and Moff Gideon — all of which have new accessories and to differentiate them from previous releases. No price is listed yet but look for this to be available for preorder exclusively at Hasbro Pulse as part of their SDCC reveals

1657416564788.jpeg
1657416599335.jpeg
1657416614299.jpeg
1657416628504.jpeg
1657416644894.jpeg
1657416671888.jpeg

Thoughts on this pack? Will you be purchasing it?

Reaction score
Beautiful packaging. I'll try and pre-order online but if I miss out I won't sweat it.

Reaction score
Who knows, this being a con excl, there could be a basic dlx version coming too, the Mando w/accessories and the cuffed grogu

But as far as me going to get one of these sets.....

Last edited:
Reaction score
This set looks nice and has some great looking flame effects and various weapons including mandalorian spear. The soft goods are a nice touch but I think the only way I'd buy this is if the figures have the new updated hips. From the pictures, it looks like that's not the case. Looks like the older pain in the rear hips with the hinge.

Reaction score
New hips would be great especially on Gideon. Those were some of the worst from that era. The plastic cape didn't help either.

Reaction score
New hips would be great especially on Gideon. Those were some of the worst from that era. The plastic cape didn't help either.
Yes, the fabric cape is one of the highlights of this. That plastic cape was such a disappointment. If they added the new hip joint it would be spectacular. I might just bite on this.

Reaction score
I’m guessing $80. Dark trooper is almost $30 and Moff and Mando would be $15 ea. Add on packaging costs, exclusivity and extra flame effects and you have the remaining $20.

Could even be $100 and I’d bet it sells still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
The pics I saw earlier were small and on my phone. Still not too impressed the set is all repacks, but seeing the softgoods upgrades, I'll probably try for the set, depending on the price. I don't really have any interest in the Dark trooper, so I suppose I can always sell that off to help offset the cost.

Reaction score
Glad they don’t have the new hips or else I’d be tempted to get this set of mostly figures I already own. Hopefully the next single-packed mainline Mando has the new hips and is out in time for season 3.

Reaction score
It's a nice box but yeah, I'll have all these figures individually (just waiting on the Dark Trooper) and enough flame effect pieces to make my own rescue set. A cool looking collectors piece though for folks to keep mint in box

Reaction score
Great now where's the Client.
And Dr Pershing, cobb, peli, muddy mando w/ mudhorn ( hey hasbro loves repaints), blurgg, s1 greef , r6 w/ cart, female imp officer, s1 migs 'n co., young flashback Mando w/ parents and super battle droid battle pack, guild bounty hunters battle pack, Mon Cal/Quarren dockers battle pack. Morak Raiders battle pack, Morak Imp. Officer, sandcrawler accessory attachments ( well let Disney release this to complement thier sandcrawler) etc

Last edited:
Reaction score
I’m guessing $80. Dark trooper is almost $30 and Moff and Mando would be $15 ea. Add on packaging costs, exclusivity and extra flame effects and you have the remaining $20.

The deluxe Dark Trooper with the charging station is $30. I'm surprised how small the Dark Trooper looks to be honest.

Reaction score
I stated this in another thread before I saw this one -

This is an easy pass for me. I am not an opener and I won't buy figures in a box, so that makes one less competitor for those that do want this come ordering time..

Reaction score
Easy pass
Those clear packaging pieces look glued into the backdrop making them either
1: easily rip the backdrop
2: if cut out correctly still makes them useless for photos
3: it’s a con exclusive so I have no desire to waste the time it will take for 4 repacks.

Reaction score
The packaging isn't part of the set. It's par for the for course for the con exclusives to have elaborate packaging.

Reaction score

This is only worth $50. It's just three figures. They're all repacks, and the Dark Trooper doesn't even come with a charging station. Shame it's just a fancy cardboard box instead of a plastic setpiece.

Reaction score
I feel like I would probably buy this for the accessories + dark trooper + rocker ankles, but will Gideon’s darksaber be less rubbery?

Reaction score
This set looks nice and has some great looking flame effects and various weapons including mandalorian spear. The soft goods are a nice touch but I think the only way I'd buy this is if the figures have the new updated hips. From the pictures, it looks like that's not the case. Looks like the older pain in the rear hips with the hinge.
Where do you see the Beskar spear in this set?

Reaction score
On Mando's back
Ah...thanks! I thought that was his rocket pack at first, but then I realized it doesn't have a missile on it.
Debating if I want this. The figures need to be different from their carded counterparts. I can always make a Baskar spear from a silver plastic toothpick.

Reaction score
Maybe should have also had a din head or a Luke thrown in just to really top it up, or a season 2 Cara dune seeing as she probably won't ever be made otherwise

Reaction score
I'm tempted more than ever to start a Mandalorian collection with this set. It's the soft goods capes.

Better not. I wouldn't be able to stop buying them.

Reaction score
so no one is counting grogu.?? there is 4 figures. the flames look to cheesy to me. I think they could have gone in another direction. the bay of dark troopers with mando, bo, and another figure with 2-3 dark troopers in the bay. that I think would be a whole lot better. the diorama would get more use out of that one.

Reaction score
obviously they will have it on hand for display purposes. at least I'll see it in person first....

Reaction score
Maybe should have also had a din head or a Luke thrown in just to really top it up, or a season 2 Cara dune seeing as she probably won't ever be made otherwise

Better yet, a set with Luke and 2-4 dark troopers and the elevator piece and possibly R2 and Grogu for the final shot.

Reaction score
so no one is counting grogu.?? there is 4 figures. the flames look to cheesy to me. I think they could have gone in another direction. the bay of dark troopers with mando, bo, and another figure with 2-3 dark troopers in the bay. that I think would be a whole lot better. the diorama would get more use out of that one.

Grogu is an accessory most of the time. Unless he’s packed in with tons of his own accessories to make a stand alone worth it.

Reaction score
It does bring up an interesting aspect though, in terms of getting a brand new expensive figure in a box set before its single release, I honestly never thought they would do this as it does in a sense take away from that figure a bit. Granted it will possibly be a HTG Con Exclusive rather than a basic multipack or one of those Pulse 4-pks so maybe that's their way around it. Yet I've always thought Exclusives had a year of said exclusivity so it also seems odd to see the DT in this so soon to a basic release, maybe it's the "flames" that make it an exclusive version?

I might have given this set more credit had it been Luke instead of Gideon, a SG's cape just doesn't make his figure that exciting or needed. However, I get that Luke would do better in the main line as Gideon already had his due.

Reaction score
^ really no different than last year's con excl paltatine throne room set vs mass retail Palpatine released close together. Or ARC fives the year before and Pilot Luke in 2019 and Aphra in 2018. Plus tbs thrown and others

Reaction score
I suppose, all I know is I got a lot of pushback when I suggested the DT get a Pulse 4-pk release. As if it was possibly too soon for it and/or expensive of a figure. IDK