The Razor Crest

Reaction score
Dont make it a haslab please, that should be reserved for grail/halo products (death star, cantina, etc). Im comfortable with $250 tops on a RC in the main line, assuming its bigger than the Slave I, smaller than Falcon, comes with a figure or two, plenty of space, I'd be game.

bac

Reaction score
The history of Kenner Star Wars, and Hasbro GI Joe for that matter, has always had a range of price points. I never had the AT-AT or Imperial Shuttle as a kid because it was out of my parent's price range for a single purchase. That's why there were plenty of less expensive items to buy.

bac

Reaction score
Per the trailer will we get the Season 1 or the updated Season 2 paint job. hmmm

Reaction score
Cue the accusations of people being babies over the price?
Yeah... I would not even use the Force to touch that self-entitled mess you went through. :sick: I have my reasons why, but will not say since it resulted in me dealing with some child-like posters here. 🤮

In all cases The Mandalorian was made during the Disney era, which means that it is both too new and too profitable to become a HasLab project. My money on that project is the Mos Eisley Cantina since a 3.75" scaled version is worthy their time and money. (And I am not saying that because I used to visit the PS Home version back in the days.) But I would not be surprised if they say the MSRP is around $200 (or more) for this.

Last edited:
Reaction score
For $350 it had damn well better include the kitchen sink! 😜

IMO that still feels a bit high for the average consumer though, probably should be $250 twice the price of Slave 1 only not twice its size.
Why is it the limited budget people insist on trying to tell what Hasbro what to charge? If they make it cheap enough for you to be able to afford it we will have another U wing debacle. I rather pay more for a decent scale vehicle

Last edited:

bac

Reaction score
You can't satisfy everyone for what's become a niche product. Too cheap, too expensive. There will always be someone happy and someone not.

Changing gears, it's funny we're headed into Pulse Con and Fives hasn't been formally announced, so we know he will be. That's one.

If The Razor Crest is announced, and all signs point toward it will be, then if I'm Hasbro I'm also announcing/releasing pre-orders at least one of the rumored upcoming Mando figures.

Reaction score
Why is it the limited budget people insist on trying to tell what Hasbro what to charge? If they make it cheap enough for you to be able to afford it we will have another U wing debacle. I rather pay more for a decent scale vehicle

Again with the "limited budget" ********...

Budget has little to do with it. Space, value, perception...all more important than budget. I'm not paying $350 (even though I can afford it) because I don't place that much value on this particular character/ship. I'd personally rather pay a lower price for an item that does what I need it to do. If it ends up $350 or a $500 Haslab ship...great. More power to the people that want it. I'm not gonna get all bent out of shape and start criticizing people saying they are spending too much on it. You obviously think it very very important for this to be a monster sized $500 toy. Good for you.

Why do you automatically go straight to judging peoples bank accounts?

Reaction score
I think Hasbro should charge 1k just to weed out the riff raft.

Figure prices are too low as well. I’m starting a petition that Hasbro raise the prices to $30 each.

Well, what I like to do is pay for a $13 action figure with a $100 bill and when I get my change, I set it on fire and then throw the ashes at a random stranger. It's no less than those filthy "limited budget" people deserve.

Reaction score
I think Hasbro should charge 1k just to weed out the riff raft.

Figure prices are too low as well. I’m starting a petition that Hasbro raise the prices to $30 each.

Not sure if folks have noticed, but Amazon has increased the prices on figures, matching BBTS (i.e. Boba Fett incresed 15% to $22.99 and is currently live):
Capture.JPG

Earlier this week the new TBS Stormtrooper (Mandalorian) was live a few times, being sold by Amazon @ $22.99 instead of $19.99 as well. I've also seen TVC figures that were priced at $12.99 increase recently to $13.99 or even $14.99. Hopefully this is just a blip and not a trend.

Reaction score
Halab just announced the Razor Crest, - Its a mini rig.

I wouldn't put to much stock i changing online prices, I personally believe the crazy prices on some low cost items has more to do with driving people to the china sellers, (Not just toys) But that sounds like a conspiracy theory?

Reaction score
Not sure if folks have noticed, but Amazon has increased the prices on figures, matching BBTS (i.e. Boba Fett incresed 15% to $22.99 and is currently live):
View attachment 362779

Earlier this week the new TBS Stormtrooper (Mandalorian) was live a few times, being sold by Amazon @ $22.99 instead of $19.99 as well. I've also seen TVC figures that were priced at $12.99 increase recently to $13.99 or even $14.99. Hopefully this is just a blip and not a trend.
It’s going to be a trend. A smaller fan base means higher prices are needed to cover costs. And higher costs dissuade new collectors.

Its like the newspaper subscription problem. They keep raising prices as more people opted out of getting the newspaper...which accelerated more people dropping out.

Reaction score
Again with the "limited budget" ********...

Budget has little to do with it. Space, value, perception...all more important than budget. I'm not paying $350 (even though I can afford it) because I don't place that much value on this particular character/ship. I'd personally rather pay a lower price for an item that does what I need it to do. If it ends up $350 or a $500 Haslab ship...great. More power to the people that want it. I'm not gonna get all bent out of shape and start criticizing people saying they are spending too much on it. You obviously think it very very important for this to be a monster sized $500 toy. Good for you.

Why do you automatically go straight to judging peoples bank accounts?
Nothing wrong with not wanting to spend $350. Complaining about it being $350 because you don't want to spend $350 is the problem.

Reaction score
I’m undecided. The price of $350 isn’t an issue, it’s would I rather have something I like more for $350.

$350 is outside of impulse buy price and thus makes me think about how this thing is likely to live in a closet

Reaction score
The history of Kenner Star Wars, and Hasbro GI Joe for that matter, has always had a range of price points. I never had the AT-AT or Imperial Shuttle as a kid because it was out of my parent's price range for a single purchase. That's why there were plenty of less expensive items to buy.
I never had the ships as a kid either, which is why price comments from Donald Trump type of collectors annoy me. Last time I checked this line wasn't meant for only one person or collecting style. While it's nice to be able to afford this stuff as an adult I'm not so consumed with my own needs that people with more modest budgets should be left out. And I know we're no longer in a time where the line can support more than one class of vehicle, so an attempt should be made to meet in the middle. Even if it then has no appeal to me, I'll be upset but eventually get over it. I'm almost over the Scimitar blunder...

If it's merely about correct scale "value be damned", maybe they could just sell you the empty shell for $300 and then you'd have to buy all the needed parts to complete it via a 3rd party at $25-20 each...

Personally I'd rather they make a Star Destroyer accurate as possible over a small ship like RC, an SD would be an actual visual display price similar to the Barge. The RC isn't set up for that, not unless you want it to have removable sides like the barge. Which IMO then weakens the structural integrity and causes issues for how this type of craft should function.

Reaction score
I should clarify that my main worry about a $350 razor crest is that its going to be massive. Ive got my TVC Poe xwing sitting on the kitchen table because I'm trying to make space for it. Its the same reason I didn't order the target falcon. Ive got the black series first order tie and that thing is huge but at least I can use the space under it if its on a shelf.

bac

Reaction score
The Carbonite blocks are practically part of the ship's allure. I think there will be some kind of representation, but it might not be exactly like the show.

Reaction score
At $350, I don't see any other possible project being up to par at that price point. So It's probably going to be something simple and smallish like a Razor Crest.

Reaction score
should clarify that my main worry about a $350 razor crest is MY kid trashing the thing! Toys are meant to be played with.
I can picture it now. You end up buying one of these because it was on sale and not in a beater box, put it down on a table before deciding to get something to drink, lose sight of it for a few short seconds, and find it looking like your kid had been playing it for weeks. 😅

But in all seriousness... What @Masterfett said is correct. The Vintage Collection is meant to be a modern representation of the original Kenner era of toys, not some hobby exclusive product line. And I'll stop with that point for a number of reasons. Plus hope that by the time I have a kid there will be affordable Star Wars toys for us to buy.

Reaction score
I'd love to see all, or at least some of the bounties from episode 1 frozen in carbonite included as accessories

Indeed! I also wanted hollow block you can interchange with front sections of the victims from the carbonite freezing.

The front section could be one accessory from the "regular" bounty figures, like the fish face.

bac

Reaction score
But in all seriousness... What @Masterfett said is correct. The Vintage Collection is meant to be a modern representation of the original Kenner era of toys, not some hobby exclusive product line. And I'll stop with that point for a number of reasons. Plus hope that by the time I have a kid there will be affordable Star Wars toys for us to buy.

Sadly this is why stuff like Mission Fleet exists. Kids exit toys much earlier than back during the Kenner days so lines designed for kids aim younger.

Adults are the ones paying premiums for expensive high articulation, premium deco and detail. That's primarily how TVC 2.0 is now designed and marketed.

My kids never got into SW action figures despite my best efforts with the 2010ish Clone Wars line. If I had upcoming kids and wanted them to try to experience action figure joy while they cared, I'd probably get them beater vintage figures.

Reaction score
Sadly this is why stuff like Mission Fleet exists. Kids exit toys much earlier than back during the Kenner days so lines designed for kids aim younger.

Adults are the ones paying premiums for expensive high articulation, premium deco and detail. That's primarily how TVC 2.0 is now designed and marketed.

My kids never got into SW action figures despite my best efforts with the 2010ish Clone Wars line. If I had upcoming kids and wanted them to try to experience action figure joy while they cared, I'd probably get them beater vintage figures.
It is very different now, even from 7-10 years ago. The 2010 lines, figures were in the 8 dollar range, midsize vehicles were 20. And my 2 oldest were VERY into the line, and have tons of stuff.

So now, as I ponder a 350 RC...which I'm sure we will get, I have my youngest, who is only moderately interested. And I'm figuring about 500, between the Arc trooper pack, RC, and a few figures. We paid 100 for the AT AT, 100 for the Turbo tank, 80 for the BMF (50%off at TRU) and probable 80 for the AT TE back then.

So the struggle is simply the "inflation", and the hope that the RC hits all the marks.

bac

Reaction score
So the struggle is simply the "inflation", and the hope that the RC hits all the marks.

I hear ya. And I'm sure there's all sorts of business reasons behind the inflation, including producing much lower numbers than back in 2008-2012 which drives up the cost-per-unit.

I can see a Razor Crest coming to Mission Fleet. If that happens then maybe that's the best solution for your youngest.

Reaction score
Does anyone remember how much the Royal Starship was when it came out?
I have one that I got on clearance for $25. I would imagine that that ship is close in size to the Razor Crest.

I make a decent living and I often feel disgusted by the prices of ships and figures lately. I used to buy almost everything but I can’t see people continuing to drop $400 for a Falcon, $350 for the Razor Crest, $150 for the Slave 1, or $500 for the Jabba’s sail Barge. I even passed on Luke’s X-Wing because I felt $125 was a bit crazy. Especially because most of us already have the Dagobah swamp version and/or the electric one with lights and sounds. If one person bought those 5 ships I mentioned it would cost them over $1,500 dollars!
I also don’t think it’s all inflation. I think Hasbro has come to view us collectors as people that will pay anything for whatever they put out. I feel like this is the toy equivalent to the housing bubble 15 years ago when people were paying $650,000 for a house that was really worth $400,000. The bubble always bursts. I hope it’s soon because I would’ve loved to have updated all of those ships but it’s just not worth it.

bac

Reaction score
I also don’t think it’s all inflation. I think Hasbro has come to view us collectors as people that will pay anything for whatever they put out. I feel like this is the toy equivalent to the housing bubble 15 years ago when people were paying $650,000 for a house that was really worth $400,000. The bubble always bursts. I hope it’s soon because I would’ve loved to have updated all of those ships but it’s just not worth it.

Hasbro brass could be telling the brand owners that the line needs to make X from a budget of Y or else it will be replaced with something that will. There's more risk in the ships than figures, and maybe the brand owners have to inflate the price more today to get a margin necessary that helps keep pace with making X from a budget of Y.

Reaction score
The royal Starship was $100 when it came out. I dropped the money for it I think the year after it came out. I was working part time minimum wage and was still in the collect it all phase so I had to get it to keep up. It definitely was a show stopper at the time. The biggest vehicle I believe

Reaction score

Honestly, I have to disagree.

Between The Empire Strikes Back (1980) and Return of the Jedi (1983) Kenner created an alternative to their 3.75" offerings, and they called it the "Micro Collection". I had the Snowspeeder from this line as a kid, which was a different experience than the time I owned the original diecast Millennium Falcon sometime before. It too was not a success then, with similar reasons why Mission Fleet might not become as successful today.

But like what Kenner did then is what Hasbro is doing now: Trying to maintain public interest in a franchise that can use what it can get.

Now lets talk about the other stuff you said. And I'll assume that you know the difference between MSRP and Market Premium. But for others, I will point out that an MSRP is what the manufacturer thinks the item is worth market-wise. A market premium, or just premium, is when a retailer (or seller) decides to artificially inflate the value of said item. Companies have zero control over the latter of the two. 😩

Plus according to Hasbro's online store their age category for this line is '6-9'. Both Target and Walmart have them listed as being ages 5-7. I will not go into details on why adults are the primary buyers in cases like this one.

In other words... The MSRP for these figures are $12.99. Vehicles and playsets will vary. And when it comes to ones like the Razor Crest, the $350 is based on a worst-case scenario. One that might not happen since it is more like Slave I and less like the Millennium Falcon in terms of productivity. And because their TVC line is a continuation of what they had started, I am expecting this to be closer to the $200 mark than $350.

As for the fate you have faced with your kids... I feel for ya. My plans for any future kids I have is to go series first, merchandise last. 😅

Reaction score
There is no problem except the imaginary one that if the RC is under scaled, it is the fault of low-budget penny-pinching cry babies. Carry on, folks. Carry on.