The Razor Crest

Reaction score
For me personally as long as a the potential/hypothetical RC captures the spirit of the on screen vehicle I'll be happy. I don't need multiple floors etc etc. As long as the silhouette is there, it's a decent size and offers a decent amount of "play" features I'll buy it without question. We aren't talking about an iconic vehicle like the Falcon or even AT-AT. This thing has existed for 12 months and been featured in one (albeit extremely popular) show.

Doesn't warrant a $500 price point and need to be locked behind a Haslab pay wall.

For all you scale nazis...not even Haslab vehicles or the BMF are in scale. Oversized? Sure.

Reaction score
For me personally as long as a the potential/hypothetical RC captures the spirit of the on screen vehicle I'll be happy. I don't need multiple floors etc etc. As long as the silhouette is there, it's a decent size and offers a decent amount of "play" features I'll buy it without question. We aren't talking about an iconic vehicle like the Falcon or even AT-AT. This thing has existed for 12 months and been featured in one (albeit extremely popular) show.

Doesn't warrant a $500 price point and need to be locked behind a Haslab pay wall.

For all you scale nazis...not even Haslab vehicles or the BMF are in scale. Oversized? Sure.
People will never agree on this. It does need two floors. There is no way just "capturing the spirit " will be ok to anyone but the budget collectors. The solution is a haslab version this year and a budget one next year. The way things are we have people who would not buy a under scaled (yeah we all know all hasbro vehicles are under scaled to an extent so save it) version and we have people who are very vocal about not buying a properly sized one. That means whatever Hasbro does some people won't buy unless they make two versions and capture everyone . Now you will have the people who will cry and say they aren't buying anything because they only want a small one but will angrily refuse to buy it because a bigger version exists. Those people can't be helped.

Last edited:
Reaction score
But does this $500 version convert to the flaming wrecked version we will see in season 2?
I mentioned the possibility of the ship being destroyed in season as a reason for the Razor Crest not being a haslab item but people disagreed with me on that being reason enough.

Reaction score
Well....let's see what us select few actually want in a RC.

A true scale RC would come in at about 52" in length and 36" wide.

The Sail Barge clocks in at 49.35" length and 14.64" wide.

Legacy Falcon 32" and 23"

BAT-AT 28" long, 24" tall, 12" wide.

Slave 1 is 19" long.

X-Wing 17.9 x 13.9

True scale would be 2" longer and be wider by about 22" than the barge. 20" longer than the Falcon and 13" wider. So let's put the true scale RC talk to rest. No one is buying true scale and frankly it would look out of place with the rest of the collection. It would be like mixing a Black Series Chewie with your 3.75" figures and trying to convince people it was from the same line.

So what scaling of the RC is appropriate? For this I think the Falcon is the most appropriate comparable. It's a ship that had an interior featured (a necessity when bringing this ship to live imo) and cuts corners in a way that still works.

The Falcon's actual length is 114' which when scaled should come to about a 71" ship true scale for 3.75" figures. So 71" true length versus the 32" actual length of the Legacy mold. So the Legacy Falcon is a little less than half the size it should be.

True scale RC should be 52"...if we do our rough descaling and call the toy scale half we end up with 26" length RC and 18" wide. So about 6" shorter and 5" narrower than the Legacy Falcon.

What are everyone's thoughts on a RC that's 26" long and 18" wide?

And what price point do you think that should be. The most recent price for the Falcon was $400 and Slave 1 was $150. I propose you can make the ship I dimensioned at somewhere around $250-300.

Thoughts?

Reaction score
It would be like mixing a Black Series Chewie with your 3.75" figures and trying to convince people it was from the same line.

I dunno why, but this made me laugh pretty hard. Great post and everything you say seems sound. Even comparing the BMF to a relatively in scale version. They are actually surprisingly similar in size (two screenshots below with a model comparison and a LEGO comparison). However, at 26" long it will be difficult to fit more than a single figure into that cockpit. We should know in two weeks...

Miniatures.jpgLEGO.jpg

Reaction score
Bring it on! However, I would like a general release and not a hyper-priced version. I'll wait for a sale before I buy it...still waiting for the troop transport to go down however. Patience, I need patience.

Reaction score
Nah, I think you'll still be able to fit multiple people in the cockpit no problem. Slave 1 fits 3 and it's 19" in length. The Falcon cockpit fits four...and it's cramped but it still does it. The toy versions are always slightly chunkier. Even the Legacy Falcon has a bit of chunk to it in parts. It just does a better job of hiding it than the older Falcon molds.

Even if the RC cheated the half scale and creeped up a little bit in length I don't think it really needs to be longer than the Falcon to achieve the look.

Reaction score
The interior of big AT-AT body is 2 levels, correct? It look like 1-1/2 levels, but it's actually 2 due to the sunken floor. Seems like that might make a good starting point for an adjusted Razor Crest size. If you merged the head (cockpit) and body of the big AT-AT (eliminating the neck), would that be a good approximation of the interior of toyified Razor Crest? The boxy, narrow and tall interior shape is similar. The speeder bike launch area could house a blurg. In fact, the front third of the AT-AT body is unusable space since it houses the neck control mechanism, so that could be open play space as well. The cockpit then would also allow for figures to stand. The overall area inside might have to be narrower due to the Razor Crest shape and proportions, but the AT-AT seems like a good example with similar interior play needs.

It's funny since It's likely I won't buy a Razor Crest due to funds and space, but it's really fun to theorize about what it could be.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Slave 1 is 19" long.

X-Wing 17.9 x 13.9

True scale would be 2" longer and be wider by about 22" than the barge. 20" longer than the Falcon and 13" wider. So let's put the true scale RC talk to rest. No one is buying true scale and frankly it would look out of place with the rest of the collection. It would be like mixing a Black Series Chewie with your 3.75" figures and trying to convince people it was from the same line.

So what scaling of the RC is appropriate? For this I think the Falcon is the most appropriate comparable. It's a ship that had an interior featured (a necessity when bringing this ship to live imo) and cuts corners in a way that still works.

The Falcon's actual length is 114' which when scaled should come to about a 71" ship true scale for 3.75" figures. So 71" true length versus the 32" actual length of the Legacy mold. So the Legacy Falcon is a little less than half the size it should be.

True scale RC should be 52"...if we do our rough descaling and call the toy scale half we end up with 26" length RC and 18" wide. So about 6" shorter and 5" narrower than the Legacy Falcon.

And what price point do you think that should be. The most recent price for the Falcon was $400 and Slave 1 was $150. I propose you can make the ship I dimensioned at somewhere around $250-300.

Thoughts?

Don't forget the BMF and BAT-AT had previously established scales that Hasbro moved on from, so if they wanted to brake away from the current accepted scales they could if they wanted to. I don't think they would do that for the RC, but just saying.

On the price, wasn't the last all new vehicle at the higher end of the price scale the AT-ACT at $300 and that didn't do too well from what I remember? And that was at a time when the retail landscape was different with TRU was still around. To be worthwhile in terms of scale and detail, I think the price has to be around $300 at minimum, maybe $350, but who exactly is going to carry that. I'm not sure fan channels are the right venue for what is supposed to be a mass market product if we are talking about a "retail" release.

Reaction score
I really think a body around the size of the updated slave 1 would work, maybe slightly larger. That cockpit is enough for 2 wide, and the interior is enough to stand a few figures. RCs body is basically a shoebox. Carbon freeze + weapon closet, leave some open space. That would keep it in line with the "scale" of other releases and would hit all the high points for kids and collectors.

Seems like if they can accomplish that, they can keep it as a retail release, simply based on show popularity.

Any more/bigger than that probably would mean haslab... which I am ok with.

Reaction score
I'd be fine with being about 26" long, and being slightly larger than Slave 1. IMO the cockpit doesn't need to utilize a whole floor height as he's just sitting there most of the time, so that part could be scaled down a bit or sunken in etc. The most important part I think is where the weapons locker is, significant action takes place there with several people across several episodes.

Reaction score
I really think a body around the size of the updated slave 1 would work, maybe slightly larger. That cockpit is enough for 2 wide, and the interior is enough to stand a few figures. RCs body is basically a shoebox. Carbon freeze + weapon closet, leave some open space. That would keep it in line with the "scale" of other releases and would hit all the high points for kids and collectors.

Seems like if they can accomplish that, they can keep it as a retail release, simply based on show popularity.

Any more/bigger than that probably would mean haslab... which I am ok with.

Slave 1 is 19" which shows what you can do with a 19" ship. This is where I look at the RC and think you can make it 26" and it will work. I also think the overall bulk of the ship pushes it to the $300 price point.

To the earlier point of the AT-ACT....I think that one didn't do so well because the market for it was essentially split. It's not so different from the BAT-AT.....and that's the Target market. The collector. But when you look at the AT-ACT it's just a lesser version of the AT-AT. It's smaller and more expensive...and the people who would be buying it already had the BAT-AT and probably questioned how badly they really need a similar vehicle that wasn't as well made. It was just a weird vehicle.

The RC has the advantage of not having a comparable ship that's been sold before.

Reaction score

Slave 1 is 19" long.

X-Wing 17.9 x 13.9

Thoughts?

26" would work great for me, that's comparable to the AT-AT analogy I made minus the neck. I'd be more inclined to pick on up at that size.

Reaction score
Bring it on! However, I would like a general release and not a hyper-priced version. I'll wait for a sale before I buy it...still waiting for the troop transport to go down however. Patience, I need patience.
I suspect a lot of people arguing for a retail version are exactly like you. Hoping to wait and pick it up cheaply later.

Reaction score
A 19-26" version will do me nicely, I may be slightly biased as Haslab projects ( except the Sentinel) are not available in the UK, so on behalf of the rest of the world, I vote for a retail RC.

Reaction score
I suspect you hope a lot of us are like that so you can insult us for doing so. Is "wallet shaming" a thing?
Actually getting angry at hasbro for making something thru haslab because it means you can't wait and get it on discount at retail is deserving of criticism.

Reaction score
I'll agree with you on the point that vehicles should be made with less risk like past releases that go to deep discount, only for those who scooped them up to flip them for 4-5 times what the paid. So maybe that's really what some people are most against, making a dime of Hasbro rather than Hasbro making a dime off us?

Reaction score
I suspect you hope a lot of us are like that so you can insult us for doing so. Is "wallet shaming" a thing?
It is now. Lol. In my 30 plus years of collecting, I have come across that issue more than I care to mention. I hate when people think they have to break the bank to collect. I have been carefully collecting what I can afford to. If that means waiting for a sale, knowing that's the only way I can get it, so be it. Appreciate what you have and more so appreciate the fact that you are fortunate enough to be able to afford it. That is why I support the cheaper retail releases like the Slave 1 and the 2 versions of the falcon. If it will sell....make it. Not every person can afford the BMF, but it does not mean they don't deserve a Falcon they can afford...

Last edited:
Reaction score
I hope the RC is in a good scale when compared to the Slave 1 or the BMF, price might be around the 200 to 350.00, and that would be ok too, however very doubtful the RC will see general release at a Walmart or Target, since the recent beginning of the Vintage Collection no ship or big vehicle have been sold at brick and mortar stores, my thinking is that Hasbro don't want to produced a high value vehicle to have to put it on sale later for half the price, also Walmart and Target don't want to loose money, and have to dedicate shelf space for something big like that and have to reduced price later. is not happening, Walmart and Target are not dedicating a lot of space for a lot of lines, maybe during Christmas season that might change, but I'm very doubtful we will ever see any big ship or vehicle with a price tag like that on the shelfs. Target is selling the BMF because is partnering with Disney Galaxy edge, and Disney is the one who upfront pay for the allocations of the vehicle, and will not be on shelfs, is online only, however you might see it at stores if someone returned from the online purchase, very doubtful will be on clearance since is not a Target allocations but Disney.

Reaction score
Honestly, it doesn't have to be full scale for me to be satisfied. A cockpit that seats 2 and a decent sized cargo bay that can fit hanging Carbonite blocks would be fine for me. Like the BMF, is perfect in my opinion. It's REALLY underscaled, but it gets the point across. Maybe a couple inches longer and wider than the Republic shuttle. It'll still be expensive as hell, but that's pretty much the state of the line at this point.

I don't care about electronics, or sounds or any of that, (My only disappointment with the BMF is the amount of space they took up for the electronics) but if they included it, that's cool. There could be enough space above the cargo area to stash the necessary equipment for light and sounds.

Reaction score
it's not the electronics themselves that take up space, but rather the batteries as most items require 2-3 AA or AAA. The components needed for sound can actually be very tiny, regardless if the ship/vehicle is designed efficiently that space can be utilized more properly and placed in out of the way areas.

Reaction score
Honestly, it doesn't have to be full scale for me to be satisfied. A cockpit that seats 2 and a decent sized cargo bay that can fit hanging Carbonite blocks would be fine for me. Like the BMF, is perfect in my opinion. It's REALLY underscaled, but it gets the point across. Maybe a couple inches longer and wider than the Republic shuttle. It'll still be expensive as hell, but that's pretty much the state of the line at this point.

I don't care about electronics, or sounds or any of that, (My only disappointment with the BMF is the amount of space they took up for the electronics) but if they included it, that's cool. There could be enough space above the cargo area to stash the necessary equipment for light and sounds.
The Falcon is retail. A haslab version of any ship should be made to a bigger scale. Hopefully they avoid electronics.

Reaction score
the Crest would have to be approximately 1/32nd scale to grab all the play features you would need to make it successful.
a 1/32 scale crest would be the length of the BMF but wider at the wings. The BMF is approximately 1/45ish scale.

Reaction score
If it were a choice of an even bigger HasLab Falcon or a RC I'd take the Falcon any day of the week.

Reaction score
it's not the electronics themselves that take up space, but rather the batteries as most items require 2-3 AA or AAA. The components needed for sound can actually be very tiny, regardless if the ship/vehicle is designed efficiently that space can be utilized more properly and placed in out of the way areas.
I include the batteries as being "electronics", but I know what you mean.

Reaction score
Thing is we're no longer in the 80's or 90's, so we shouldn't be needing traditional batteries for this stuff anymore. Look at how thin a cell phone battery is and all that a cell phone does. And that's just the technology that we have access to...

There's no reason that in 2020 and beyond for minor sounds to require such archaic technology.

Reaction score
Thing is we're no longer in the 80's or 90's, so we shouldn't be needing traditional batteries for this stuff anymore. Look at how thin a cell phone battery is and all that a cell phone does. And that's just the technology that we have access to...

There's no reason that in 2020 and beyond for minor sounds to require such archaic technology.
so, hasbro is trying to perfect this technology (as well as marketing/distribution) and SW collectors have been the guinea pigs
00 south park.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
They were close with Force Link, but it still required an ancillary device which they tried to turn it into role play gimmick.

Reaction score
Sounds like online exclusive, rumored price point of $350. Which sounds right. You don’t need a $500 price point to do the ship properly. Not every haslab needs to be $500. Just a price and size that is too unwieldy for retail.

As of now, I’m still only mildly interested. I’m not sure how many more ships I actually want in my collection at this point.

Reaction score
For me it depends greatly on what they made, I'd still buy a few EU ships such as Starkiller's, White Witch etc. just because. Then there's the Ghost,
Also not every ship needs to be BIG, there's a lot of the smaller ships I'd like too that are pretty cool looking.

bac

Reaction score
As of now, I’m still only mildly interested. I’m not sure how many more ships I actually want in my collection at this point.

Ships tend to have a large footprint for display. You could hang them from the ceiling, but that look is not for me.

I want the Razor Crest, yet honestly right now have no idea where I'd set it up without booting something else or kicking my kids out and taking over their space.

Reaction score
Ships tend to have a large footprint for display. You could hang them from the ceiling, but that look is not for me.

I want the Razor Crest, yet honestly right now have no idea where I'd set it up without booting something else or kicking my kids out and taking over their space.

Ask your kids if camping sounds fun! Then ask them if camping forever sounds even more fun!

Reaction score
I read a post early today, also from Yakface speculating a price ~$350.

I believe we'll get a vehicle similar to the Slave 1, at leasrt regarding the features: cockpit for 2 or 3 figures, a cargo hold for some carbonite blocks or a Blurgg if the ship is based on Season 1. But we can always wait for surprises if the ship brings new from S2.

Reaction score
For $350 it had damn well better include the kitchen sink! 😜

IMO that still feels a bit high for the average consumer though, probably should be $250 twice the price of Slave 1 only not twice its size.

Reaction score
Eh $350 will probably price me out because at that price point I'm assuming it will be on the larger size where I have little no space for it currently. Looking forward to seeing and I'm hopeful it hits enough of the sweet spots for me to drop damn near $400 on it.