The Razor Crest

Reaction score
I’m definitely happy with the Crest and what I’m getting with it, but that’s not quite the same thing for me as saying I think it’s cheap. We all can agree that $350 is a lot of money. Of course I could do with more bang for less bucks!

Reaction score
I actually did want an MTT. But I wanted a premium one you could fold up battle droids and attach them to.

The one that came out had every conceivable corner cut to keep costs in check. I passed at full retail and every discount price thereafter.

I guess the issue there is not so much the MTT itself but the number of droids you'd need to buy to stack it. A rack for the foldable droids would have been possible with not much more effort - after all, the motorized rack unfolds already.

But Hasbro was aware that deploying droids is the only thing this vehicle does, so the droids are an essential part of the thing, and no way they would do 40 foldable TVC droids to include with the MTT (40 because the folded droid takes up less space than the stuff things that came with the MTT). Thus, the "little green soldier" droids were born, costing next to nothing but filling the rack. Quite understandable, and okay from a kid's play point.

I always wanted to take the rack out of the MTT, replace it with a 3D printed alternative that would hold foldable droids, and get the ultimate tricked-out MTT. But then I noticed that the majority of my battle droids are of the older kind which do not properly fold, and there is no way I'd pay next to 600€ for enough new-mold battle droids, if I would even be able to buy that many.

So, why should I expect Hasbro to put out a foldable-droid-compatible MTT if I'm not even willing to fill it with droids? It's not even a scene that is super exciting and practically begs for a diorama... money's better invested for other setups. The MTT is fine as it is. And it can always be used to run over Qui-Gon.

Reaction score
I’d love for it to have cost less, but I’ve got to disagree that it was overpriced. The Rancor stalled because people didn’t feel the value was there at $350, the general sentiment for the Crest was the exact opposite. The fact that it “Obliterated the goals” means it was appropriately priced.

Expecting new add one only works if a project isn’t getting support and they need to salvage it.

I don't think the fact that it sold through so quickly is any indication that the price was fair. Think about it - Hasbro knew they would strike gold. They actually had the relevancy of the hottest streaming show on TV and double that with the fact that this a VEHICLE, not a beast. It's also the vehicle that is now probably the next most popular transport type vehicle next to the Falcon, taking the main character everywhere in the series. The Rancor can't even compare - he was in the movie for what amounts to a minute or two of a actual screen time. The Rancor is not some staging ground or thing that can be displayed multiple ways.

The Crest can be taken apart with Jawas, landing mode, flying mode, loaded up with Carbonite blocks, etc. It has a huge amount of display value, but it doesn't have a lot of value in the price otherwise when it comes to the plastic used. It's mostly hollow inside, with good detailing, but I'll bet more plastic ironically goes into the Rancor because it's all solid - at the very least, they probably use close to the same amount of actual plastic resources. Detailed or not, it's just a static ship. We saw this same exact level of detail in smaller things like the Skiff for $40 and the ITT for $70-90 initially. I would argue the Skiff is one of the best "values" that Hasbro has produced in the last decade. Most of them are had for $30 now, but man that thing has a ton of a great paint apps and amazing details and close to perfect scale. I'm just saying I could swallow the price a little easier if this thing had actual innovative electronics like the engine running lights, light-up thrusters, cabin light, cargo area lighting and pulsating front canons that would light up sequentially to the sound effects. Now THAT would be closer to being worth $350.

Reaction score
I don't think the fact that it sold through so quickly is any indication that the price was fair. Think about it - Hasbro knew they would strike gold. They actually had the relevancy of the hottest streaming show on TV and double that with the fact that this a VEHICLE, not a beast. It's also the vehicle that is now probably the next most popular transport type vehicle next to the Falcon, taking the main character everywhere in the series. The Rancor can't even compare - he was in the movie for what amounts to a minute or two of a actual screen time. The Rancor is not some staging ground or thing that can be displayed multiple ways.

The Crest can be taken apart with Jawas, landing mode, flying mode, loaded up with Carbonite blocks, etc. It has a huge amount of display value, but it doesn't have a lot of value in the price otherwise when it comes to the plastic used. It's mostly hollow inside, with good detailing, but I'll bet more plastic ironically goes into the Rancor because it's all solid - at the very least, they probably use close to the same amount of actual plastic resources. Detailed or not, it's just a static ship. We saw this same exact level of detail in smaller things like the Skiff for $40 and the ITT for $70-90 initially. I would argue the Skiff is one of the best "values" that Hasbro has produced in the last decade. Most of them are had for $30 now, but man that thing has a ton of a great paint apps and amazing details and close to perfect scale. I'm just saying I could swallow the price a little easier if this thing had actual innovative electronics like the engine running lights, light-up thrusters, cabin light, cargo area lighting and pulsating front canons that would light up sequentially to the sound effects. Now THAT would be closer to being worth $350.
I think this is the overall concern with 3.75 collecting; these price increases have FAR outpaced normal inflation, AND we are getting less. The RC is smaller than the BMF, with no electronics. Even factoring shipping cost, the price is double.

Just look at the TFA and solo Falcons...fun, but retail prices of 130???

Reaction score
I think this is the overall concern with 3.75 collecting; these price increases have FAR outpaced normal inflation, AND we are getting less. The RC is smaller than the BMF, with no electronics. Even factoring shipping cost, the price is double.

Just look at the TFA and solo Falcons...fun, but retail prices of 130???
I was hoping for a 40" RC but I will take what we get.....

Reaction score
I'm still psyched to get my Jawa Elder and then get my money back on this venture.

It's definitely pricey though but a very nice model. However as Saber points, the Skiff has definitely been the best buy and one of the most display worthy vehicles in TVC.

But you could maybe measure Crest as a purchase against say 3 Merrick X-Wings @ 105 retail for 315 total. I don't think that is getting more for your value necessarily but about equal values to me in terms of both cost and what you are getting.

Reaction score
But you could maybe measure Crest as a purchase against say 3 Merrick X-Wings @ 105 retail for 315 total. I don't think that is getting more for your value necessarily but about equal values to me in terms of both cost and what you are getting.
You're just comparing one over priced item with another over priced item!

Reaction score
I’m definitely happy with the Crest and what I’m getting with it, but that’s not quite the same thing for me as saying I think it’s cheap. We all can agree that $350 is a lot of money. Of course I could do with more bang for less bucks!

You guys are lucky... for me and my friends far away in Asia, we also need to deal with tax, shipping and middle-man's fee o_O

bac

Reaction score
I can't believe we're still crapping on the price. Guess it's better than silence.

I've been slowly clearing space for my incoming Crest. Getting close but not there yet. The Offworld Jawa army is ready though.

Reaction score
The price is the price. It's been a done deal for over a year. As for the secondary market price? Well, that's another story entirely. Sometimes people do not have the means to back a campaign when it happens. And plenty of people jumped on the Sail Barge after the fact.

My own criticisms of Hasbro center on the fact that the delivery date on the Razor Crest got pushed back as far as it has been. That, along with launching another Star Wars Haslab campaign before they delivered the previous Star Wars Haslab item.

Beyond that? I want more figures that will interact with the Razor Crest. It sounded like Hasbro was prepared to offer up every character that had interacted with the Razor Crest. Well, there's a list:

-Greef Karga (season 1 - "The Sin")
-Peli Motto and Pit Droids
-Burg
-Mayfeld
-Xi'an
-Q9-0
-Qin
-Blurgg
-Frog lady with eggs & Q9-0 wreckage

I don't know how feasible it is to expect all of these.

Reaction score
Probably not feasible at all to expect all of them but surely Mayfield as he seems to be a recurring character. S1 Greef is hard to say as it's in the past and we're currently going on to new shows so there may not be time nor the budget to allocate to it. I mean in the old days we probably would have but they don't treat the line that way anymore. So unless those characters pop up again it's not likely, and being Q-9 is destroyed the chances don't seem good.

Peli Motto w/Pit Droids seems the most plausible and easiest if they truly are into using their imagination with reuse, as has been discussed before reuse Rose body with new head sculpt and they should have plenty of Pit Droid molds available. She too seems like a character that could pop up now and then. The rest I just don't see it, maybe a Blurgg if they can figure out the release/budget dynamic.

Frankly that's a small group who's interacted with the Crest, as there have been more although not directly. The Mon Cal dockworker could be considered interacting with the crest via the scene with Din and the crane. IMO the sad fact of the matter is the line just isn't big enough to handle all the characters that we all want made. Heck I'm still waiting on the Covert Mando from S1, the one that IMO has the coolest paint deco. Oh and not to mention that Big Paz still hasn't been made for TVC.

bac

Reaction score
Patrick got a little over-exuberant when he declared all the figures that interact with the Crest are coming. He since corrected that to all main character figures, which we're pretty much getting with the arrival of Bo-Katan and Kuiil.

Of the list above I agree that Mayfeld and Peli Motto seem the mostly likely. I don't see Frog Lady happening unless she comes out around the same time as the Ice Spiders.

Reaction score
You're just comparing one over priced item with another over priced item!

Fair, but I was responding to concept that we are getting less value in the RC specifically than any other recent TVC vehicle. I'd rather be paying less sure but the price didn't seem absurd in compared to what else is out there and what it costs as of late.

Reaction score
Or maybe none of these characters will ever return, as the series is veering off towards Mandalore, and a new secondary character cast (with the exception of already-introduced Mandos) will take over.

I really wish they'd do more aliens. Frog Lady is sorely missing (no matter how insignificant the character is in the long run). I already feel my interest waning if they are going to do only human mains.

Reaction score
Patrick got a little over-exuberant when he declared all the figures that interact with the Crest are coming. He since corrected that to all main character figures, which we're pretty much getting with the arrival of Bo-Katan and Kuiil.

Of the list above I agree that Mayfeld and Peli Motto seem the mostly likely. I don't see Frog Lady happening unless she comes out around the same time as the Ice Spiders.
I really just want Mayfield's crew prioritized now, I'm sure Zero is a sure thing but I'd love the tweek and demon

Reaction score
Or maybe none of these characters will ever return, as the series is veering off towards Mandalore, and a new secondary character cast (with the exception of already-introduced Mandos) will take over.
I just hope they don't veer too far away from the core theme. I recently heard that with the cancelation of Rangers show that Kathy suggested those stories could fold into the Mandalorian, which I was too thrilled with hearing that.
I really wish they'd do more aliens. Frog Lady is sorely missing (no matter how insignificant the character is in the long run). I already feel my interest waning if they are going to do only human mains.
Agreed, that's all Hasbro seems to want to do these days is Humans.

bac

Reaction score
Humans and clones. Print those dollars.

Remember that Patrick said "we hear you about aliens" when Frigin D'an was announced. Him, plus Bib, Kuiil and the Ice Spider, represent a sliver of hope that we'll get at least a few aliens over the course a year.

I join the battle cry for Frog Lady and her canister. She's essential to Mando's story and we've already got Icy Mando and Spiders coming. Finish the deal.

Reaction score
I doubt that Hasbro will produce her, but that is more a sign of the lean times. I remember a time when Hasbro did an Ice Cream Maker Guy. A Gragra. One-second aliens (some of which were hidden in shadows; others shown only partly so Hasbro had to invent the other half).

In those times, Frog Lady and Sweater Mon Cal would have been guaranteed.

Reaction score
Yeah, that was around 2008 - 2010. It must have been dirt cheap for them to create and produce figures back then as new stuff was flying out to the pegs. It was great except I was going broke buying up all those $7 figures. I remember thinking my wife's going to be mad when I spent over $40 on 5 figures. Ha! After taxes that is the price for only about two figures today. (not quite, but in the same ball park).

Then in 2012 it all changed, the new figures dried up, It actually started in 2011 when lines began to shrink in new figures.

Reaction score
Unless they could utilize reuse then I don't see it happening, those who wanted Mythrol are probably lucky. Or Hasbro possibly got word he would be popping up often and decided he was worth it as they could reissue him again. So far Frog Lady seems to be a one and done. I could see them going reduced articulation route to save costs but it would only upset all those who want split torso, rocker ankles and overengineered hips. Especially if she can't bust a move and leap like she did in the afore mentioned episode. Not to mention would the figure then still be worth $14 with only 5-8 POA?

Maybe she would do better in the new deluxe line and then they could also include the incubator.

Reaction score
It'd be nice if Hasbro still made battlepacks or special action figure sets. Or had any sort of broader vision, I guess.

Imagine an ultimate Trask 9 figure pack of 3 special action figure sets.

Set 1: Koska Reeves, Axe Woves, Imperial Captain
Set 2: Grogu, Frog Lady, Frog Husband
Set 3: Din Djarin, Mon Calamari Dock Worker, Quarren Sailor

A mix of new figures, repacks, repaints, and partial retools with exiting parts so I think it'd be feasible.

Even some people that aren't dedicated to 3.75" SA would've bought it for the attractive figures, nice presentation, and packaging.

Reaction score
Mythrol, played by Horatio Sanz, probably negotiated in his contract to get an action figure, a so called perk of the job. plus the licensing of said character gives him a cut or percentage of moneys...???? actors loved action figures of themselves.

bac

Reaction score
I hate when scenes are incomplete.

For example we'll have snowy Grogu, snowy Mando and Ice Spiders with the Razor Crest. But no Frog Lady or Zero. Fail!

We have umpteen scenes missing a Blurrg. Fail!

We have Bo-Katan but no Koska Reeves or Ax Wolves. Fail again!

Reaction score
We have Bo-Katan but no Koska Reeves or Ax Wolves. Fail again!
Exactly, considering they're both just essentially repaints of existing figures with new head sculpts. If they can afford to put four unique heads in that Rebel Trooper set they can surely afford two new head sculpts for two Mando figures. I mean I can understand why we hadn't gotten Ahsoka or Kuill yet due to needing all new molds that are costly, but as much as they like repaints especially carbonized you can't tell me they couldn't have made these two by now. Or at least Axe as EP1 Din figure has been around a while.

Whoever is making these decisions is making rather peculiar choices.

Reaction score
I would imagine if they tooled up Frog Lady, they’ll use at least the head sculpt for Frog Man as well. That’s a no brainer, so it means they’ll never do it.

Reaction score
I would imagine if they tooled up Frog Lady, they’ll use at least the head sculpt for Frog Man as well. That’s a no brainer, so it means they’ll never do it.
No lie. lol Although if they were to do the same for them as they did with the new Bib who's rockin Lando's legs covered by SG's, they could in reality get creative and reuse something in the library and just sculpt a new head, hands and feet because of her robe everything else would be covered. I'm just using this as a visual reference but take Wioslea for example and using her as a base you pop a new frog head, hands and feet onto that body with obviously shorter legs, add the appropriate SG's and bam! Of course Wioslea is TLC figure which means her mold is MIA, but you can catch my drift of how it could work without needing an all new mold.

I don't know of any other figure from more recent lines with available molds that they could reuse for this character, though I guess it really wouldn't matter if she's 80% covered with SG's