The Razor Crest

Reaction score
The MTT was given the greenlight I think because at that time, the TPM:3D was on the radar. But it just didn't have enough guns. So it went from Turbo Tank / AT-AT territory to 'glorified troop transport'. There is no love for the MTT. I remember the next year, Marshalls has them for $40, and even then I passed on it. Just too big for something I had no desire for, even when the price is a steal.

Reaction score
Yep, I think I got my MTT for about $30. I also remember paying $50 for my AT-TE. I don’t remember the price, but it was a similar story when I got my big AT-AT.

The general attitude on these forums was “I’ll wait for clearance” and “that X-Wing is too expensive even when it’s on sale for $75”

It’s no wonder retailers became hesitant about huge vehicles and Hasbro prefers Haslab for big stuff.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I vividly recall passing on the Big AT-AT because I felt it was too expensive. But, then K-mart had it for 50% off online. I even had to keep putting in various zip codes to find a store that had it in stock and then had it shipped to me. I was super happy to have been able to find it at that price. Same thing with the BMF. I passed on it when it first came out, but then I got lucky and found one on clearance at Walmart. Even better was that Walmart was doing a 50% off clearance items, so I think I got it for $40 or something crazy like that.

Granted those years my toy budget was more limited. Over the years I've been able to be in a better place financially, so I can afford to buy stuff at MSRP if it's really something I want.

Is it possible that Hasbro just saturated the market too much with product at the time the MTT was produced that only the die hard fans of that vehicle would be willing to fork over the money for it? Meaning that people will prioritize what is most important to them when given too many choices at once.

I feel like some of that is going on right now with Haslab. I personally made a choice of backing the Skytriker over the Rancor. I wasn't going to do both. Not that I was interested in the Rancor in the first place, but if the Star Wars Haslab was something I wanted I personally would pick one over the other, but not both. There's just too many other things I want. I'm looking to get that Nerf Mando Rifle, some SH Figuarts figures, etc. etc. If it was a situation where there wasn't much else offered these days, I might even entertain getting the Rancor. But, if I had extra money to buy the Rancor I would probably just buy the Blue Leader X-wing instead.

Reaction score
Yep, I think I got my MTT for about $30. I also remember paying $50 for my AT-TE. I don’t remember the price, but it was a similar story when I got my big AT-AT.

The general attitude on these forums was “I’ll wait for clearance” and “that X-Wing is too expensive even when it’s on sale for $75”

It’s no wonder retailers became hesitant about huge vehicles and Hasbro prefers Haslab for big stuff.

Both things can be true. There are a lot of people who try to get things way cheaper than they should be AND Hasbro tends to overvalue the vehicles they release.

Reaction score
The retail landscape has changed drastically since the days of those big ticket items. I remember buying the exclusive Fambaa at FAO Schwartz when the Phantom Menace came out. A lot of the stores people have been mentioning in this thread no longer exist in the US like K-Mart and Toys R Us. Outside of the fan channel outlets like EE, DS, BBTS, etc. we pretty much have three outlets now in the US to choose from: Amazon, Walmart, and Target. While two of these are B&M, all of these have significant online operations. It used to be that departments would order product, put it out, after a certain period mark it down for clearance. They didn't care if it was a BMF or BAT-AT because they were merely looking at the toy departments overall profitability. With todays technology and less competition, shelf space is even more critical and they don't have to offer product in store when they also have an online presence. Target even has messaging in the Lego aisle stating that if you can't find it here look online for hundreds of more Lego products. From an overall risk assessment perspective, it is less risky for B&M stores to not carry big ticket items. With most products centralized through online distribution centers, it's easier for retailers to see which big ticket items are selling. In the past they might have written off 25% of their big ticket items and it didn't seem like much because it was all rolled up at the store level. They also had less insight to the overall numbers because production runs were spread across more retailers and they were oblivious to what was and wasn't selling in other stores. When they can monitor their inventory better from a centralized location, it's easier to see that 12,500 units out of 50K didn't sell at full price. Then they start reducing their order quantity accordingly and Hasbro decides that the lower quantity doesn't justify the production run anymore. Trying to use an example from about a decade ago of an unwanted MTT to justify mass marketing the Razor Crest when there is a very different, less competitive, and much more efficient retail environment is no longer making a valid point. Hasbro had to adapt to the new landscape, and I'm glad they did or else we may not have gotten the opportunity to buy these Haslab items.

Reaction score
Both things can be true. There are a lot of people who try to get things way cheaper than they should be AND Hasbro tends to overvalue the vehicles they release.

Yeah but a company like Hasbro doesn't just go randomly pick the MSRP for a product. They factor in overhead to create it and get it to market, and then have a set profit margin they need to hit, then they do the math and probably round up to something tidy.

If an item doesn't sell, they don't hit those profit margins, and they lose money. The risk is greater with big expensive items and Haslab fixes that problem for them. They hit their margins, or they simply don't make the item. This isn't about some guy in marketing or accounting going, 'I really think this X-Wing is a $100 item, muhahahhahahha..." and then all of us disagreeing.

Reaction score
but rememeber, most of the big ticketed items ended up at discount stores after they were clearnaced out at retail. retail is nothing like the animal it once was, nor will it ever rise again to that level. you will have target and wlamart. that's it. online amazon, target, and walmart. ee, big bad, etc, probably will carry very limited vehicles of any size based on sell through and profit margin. I, myself, will be getting rid of my vehicles that I have gotten from 1995 to the year the imperial shuttle came out. all are moc. not into vehicles then, just had to have everything. now, just 6 inch and tvc. plus, medical condition prohibits some activies and space.

Reaction score
The MTT came relatively late in the game, first presentation 2012, certainly not in time for TPM.
By that time, both the Republic and CIS troops had powered up with a veritable flood of vehicles, including Giant Octuptarra, Hailfire, Geonosian Starfighter, Tri-Droid, Vulture and Hyena droids, Grievous' wheel bike and starfighter (plus Magnaguard fighter which was reused as Cad Bane's ship). So, there was no lack of Separatist vehicles.
If you mean the screen era, then the Republic hadn't all that many vehicles either by then. Gunship and AT-TE came with AOTC, the Turbo Tank with ROTS (not to mention the plethora of Jedi starfighters in all colors).
Anyway, the MTT surprised me because it was not the most interesting of vehicles and didn't have the most exciting of movie roles...
(and personally I would have preferred two more podracers anyway)

That's what I'm talking about - that came out less than 10 years ago. It had full blown electronics, a motorized section, movie accurate sounds and is easily as big as the Razor Crest, if not longer. It has decent paint apps too, maybe not quite as detailed as the RC, but certainly passable and commendable. This also came with 4 figures and 16 exclusive static troopers to go in the unloading bay. It had two internal areas that were sculpted with all kinds of pipes and controls and the cockpit while nothing as grand as the RC still featured molded areas and seats for the droids. This whole package clocked in at $129.

You can't tell me that in less than 10 years that a hollow vehicle with NO ELECTRONICS or functions needs to cost $350. I still think at $250 the Crest would be massively overpriced. If the RC even had electronics and light-up engines, I think in today's market somewhere at $150-$200 is what is market value and fair to consumers. Hasbro uncharged the s*** out of this thing.

I just put $129 from 2012 in the inflation calculator and it came up with $155 for 2021. Again, think of that with a MOTOR and electronics to boot. Hasbro fleeced people on this HasLab.

Reaction score
You can't tell me that in less than 10 years that a hollow vehicle with NO ELECTRONICS or functions needs to cost $350. I still think at $250 the Crest would be massively overpriced. If the RC even had electronics and light-up engines, I think in today's market somewhere at $150-$200 is what is market value and fair to consumers. Hasbro uncharged the s*** out of this thing.

I just put $129 from 2012 in the inflation calculator and it came up with $155 for 2021. Again, think of that with a MOTOR and electronics to boot. Hasbro fleeced people on this HasLab.

Yeah, I think you can. $25 or $30 of it is inflation, the rest is rises in labor costs in the US and in China, rises in materials costs, rises in shipping costs, rises in licensing costs (Disney tax), and a more cautious approach to large vehicles because no one bought the MTT and they almost definitely lost money on it.

People seem to think inflation should be the barometer for pricing over time, but when it comes to Star Wars toys it's a very different world than it was 10 years ago. There are half a dozen major factors and probably half a dozen others (like the dramatically more complex sculpting detail and paint apps for the Razor Crest compared to the MTT) that are all adding up to them not being willing to make something like the Razor Crest for less than what they're charging.

I'd love for it to have cost $200 too, but if some part of the difference is that they'd like a higher profit margin... can you blame them? They're not a charity, they're a for profit toy company and people are clearly willing to pay this price. They sold 28,000 of them and on the secondary market they're going for about $800 at the moment.

Reaction score
I think the biggest culprit is the higher Licensing fee that Disney charges, as per the the price increases since they took over upon renegotiation of the deal. Hasbro simply chose to price themselves out by also implementing so much unneeded articulation and sculpt details in a 4" figure, not that they don't look great at times. But overall it does add to the cost of making them on top of everything else, which is likely why they decided to go with 5POA for a spell.

Reaction score
Yeah, I think you can. $25 or $30 of it is inflation, the rest is rises in labor costs in the US and in China, rises in materials costs, rises in shipping costs, rises in licensing costs (Disney tax), and a more cautious approach to large vehicles because no one bought the MTT and they almost definitely lost money on it.

People seem to think inflation should be the barometer for pricing over time, but when it comes to Star Wars toys it's a very different world than it was 10 years ago. There are half a dozen major factors and probably half a dozen others (like the dramatically more complex sculpting detail and paint apps for the Razor Crest compared to the MTT) that are all adding up to them not being willing to make something like the Razor Crest for less than what they're charging.

I'd love for it to have cost $200 too, but if some part of the difference is that they'd like a higher profit margin... can you blame them? They're not a charity, they're a for profit toy company and people are clearly willing to pay this price. They sold 28,000 of them and on the secondary market they're going for about $800 at the moment.

Okay, but there are several other companies doing comparable things at better price points. The reason we get on Hasbro, especially when it comes to their pricing is they tend to just shrug and go “it is what it is”, but then companies like McFarlane and NECA and even Jazwares now show us that it’s really not.

Hasbro and toy collecting doesn’t happen in a vacuum, but they tend to try to act like it does.

Reaction score
That's what I'm talking about - that came out less than 10 years ago. It had full blown electronics, a motorized section, movie accurate sounds and is easily as big as the Razor Crest, if not longer. It has decent paint apps too, maybe not quite as detailed as the RC, but certainly passable and commendable. This also came with 4 figures and 16 exclusive static troopers to go in the unloading bay. It had two internal areas that were sculpted with all kinds of pipes and controls and the cockpit while nothing as grand as the RC still featured molded areas and seats for the droids. This whole package clocked in at $129.

I'll add to this as well with THE DISNEY SANDCRAWLER an all new item. This terrific item is huge with multiple Lights, multiple sound effects from the Movie, motorized moving parts and more. From 2 years ago. $100.00 out the door. Inflation what?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Okay, but there are several other companies doing comparable things at better price points. The reason we get on Hasbro, especially when it comes to their pricing is they tend to just shrug and go “it is what it is”, but then companies like McFarlane and NECA and even Jazwares now show us that it’s really not.

Hasbro and toy collecting doesn’t happen in a vacuum, but they tend to try to act like it does.

What kinds of Neca and Macfarlane items are you comparing to something like the Razor Crest? Are they licensed by Disney? Are they actually comparable items and also dramatically less expensive?

Because if I look at similarly scaled Neca figures in their seven inch line for example, they’re more expensive than Black Series figures.

Reaction score
I'll add to this as well with THE DISNEY SANDCRAWLER an all new item. This terrific item is huge with multiple Lights, multiple sound effects from the Movie, motorized moving parts and more. From 2 years ago. $100.00 out the door. Inflation what?

You don’t really think that sandcrawler was anywhere near as detailed and complex to sculpt and paint and create as the Razor Crest is do you? It’s a rectangle with a bare interior and splotchy paint slapped on the sides. Nice and all, but basic as hell.

Reaction score
What kinds of Neca and Macfarlane items are you comparing to something like the Razor Crest? Are they licensed by Disney? Are they actually comparable items and also dramatically less expensive?

Because if I look at similarly scaled Neca figures in their seven inch line for example, they’re more expensive than Black Series figures.

For vehicles, I was comparing with Jazwares. They common refrain is that they’d be “too expensive/not enough shelf space/etc”, but here’s Jazwares with several vehicles on shelf right now for both Fortnite and Halo at incredible prices. If Hasbro sold the Warthog with a Master Chief in the same exact packaging, I could see it being north of $60 instead of the incredible $30 it is, and they genuinely couldn’t have done it better than Jazwares has. Even Mattel gave us a T-Rex, Explorer and figure for $50. $50!

Neca’s line may be $30, but they’ve always been extremely detailed and I’m certain they do much smaller runs than Hasbro on any given item or line. Then there’s McFarlane lately who takes Hasbro’s “we have to reuse parts to keep costs down” and throws it right out the window. They even do “value/kids” lines that don’t look like complete trash.

I genuinely think Hasbro does incredible work most of the time, but I do feel they’ve lost a lot of goodwill especially recently with their pricing. The $30 Black Series Boba and now Cobb Vanth seems to have really ruffled feather for the 6” collectors and I don’t blame them.

I’ll probably keep collecting whatever new TVC characters they put out, and then I’ll cross my fingers that they do justice for Indiana Jones, but after that I’m probably done with them.

Reaction score
For vehicles, I was comparing with Jazwares. They common refrain is that they’d be “too expensive/not enough shelf space/etc”, but here’s Jazwares with several vehicles on shelf right now for both Fortnite and Halo at incredible prices. If Hasbro sold the Warthog with a Master Chief in the same exact packaging, I could see it being north of $60 instead of the incredible $30 it is, and they genuinely couldn’t have done it better than Jazwares has. Even Mattel gave us a T-Rex, Explorer and figure for $50. $50!

Neca’s line may be $30, but they’ve always been extremely detailed and I’m certain they do much smaller runs than Hasbro on any given item or line. Then there’s McFarlane lately who takes Hasbro’s “we have to reuse parts to keep costs down” and throws it right out the window. They even do “value/kids” lines that don’t look like complete trash.

I genuinely think Hasbro does incredible work most of the time, but I do feel they’ve lost a lot of goodwill especially recently with their pricing. The $30 Black Series Boba and now Cobb Vanth seems to have really ruffled feather for the 6” collectors and I don’t blame them.

I’ll probably keep collecting whatever new TVC characters they put out, and then I’ll cross my fingers that they do justice for Indiana Jones, but after that I’m probably done with them.
agreed the Halo line has some great sculpts lots of articulation and small and mid/semi large size vehicles. I've been collecting it as well since there's never any TVC on the pegs in my area. I picked up all of wave 1 and most of wave 2 for easily 30-50% less then what comparable sized items are in the TVC line.

To someone else's point, i think the licensing fees really cost the price to be jacked higher then it needs to be. IIRC someone found the licensing agreement from 2020 and it was like the Marvel agreement where aside from a base fee for the SW brand each individual character has a different %percent- Fee tacked on (i assume by popularity?). It may be why some years we get flooded w/Luke's and other years flooded w/version's of another character b/c of how the extra fees are budgeted for that year. I could be wrong though.

Reaction score
It is difficult to compare toy lines because for collectors, they are not competitive. If I can't get a Toyota, I can buy a Hyundai; I don't care, they do the same thing for me. If I can't get a Razor Crest however, I am not going to buy a Warthog*. I don't collect Halo or GI Joe or MotU at all. I collect Star Wars (more precisely, 3.75") and maybe buy an insignificant smidgen of other stuff on the side. Disney's licensing creates monopolies, where we either buy the stuff or don't buy at all, because there is no alternative.
Collectors of multiple lines may choose to invest their money in a different line, but it's still no competition. Breaking up the monopoly would mean we get different companies offering compatible (same-scale) Razor Crests at different price points and with different luxury configurations. But Disney would not allow that, and I believe the market is too small anyway.

* Strictly speaking I have some Pumbaa figures but that really doesn't count.

Reaction score
Interesting take on the monopoly thing. We definitely only have one option for these, so we always must be crossing our fingers that they release what we like and can afford.
1637156258803.jpeg

Reaction score
It is difficult to compare toy lines because for collectors, they are not competitive. If I can't get a Toyota, I can buy a Hyundai; I don't care, they do the same thing for me. If I can't get a Razor Crest however, I am not going to buy a Warthog*. I don't collect Halo or GI Joe or MotU at all. I collect Star Wars (more precisely, 3.75") and maybe buy an insignificant smidgen of other stuff on the side. Disney's licensing creates monopolies, where we either buy the stuff or don't buy at all, because there is no alternative.
Collectors of multiple lines may choose to invest their money in a different line, but it's still no competition. Breaking up the monopoly would mean we get different companies offering compatible (same-scale) Razor Crests at different price points and with different luxury configurations. But Disney would not allow that, and I believe the market is too small anyway.

* Strictly speaking I have some Pumbaa figures but that really doesn't count.

That’s all well and good, but I was was talking about the process. As in, the cost of the process which figures into the cost of the items. I’m not discounting the licensing fee and it’s probably partially true for Hasbro, but it just blows my mind that they seem to have agreed to such a raw deal when almost any other company with the license doesn’t seem to have that problem. I even looked up the Star Wars monopoly posted above and it costs $20 (it’s on sale at Walmart for less right now) which is the same as any other basic Monopoly without some sort of electronic or exclusive. Either Milton Bradley doesn’t have to pay the “Star Wars tax” or they don’t pass it on to the consumer. I don’t know, it’s just weird.

I think Disney/Marvel/Lucasfilm and Hasbro need each other. I don’t think Disney wants to lose the history and the quality Hasbro provides and I’m sure Hasbro doesn’t want to lose such huge licenses. I’m surprised a better deal can’t be worked out if the current one is so detrimental to Hasbro.

Reaction score

Fair enough! I'm not familiar at all with Jazwares, so I can't offer much of a reply there. My general take is just that while Hasbro is marking up for profits to some extent, it's probably not nearly as extreme as a lot of people think.

Reaction score
Hasbro as a company, tends to price high, knowing that actual sales will come when the retailers, put the product on sale "aka the real price"

A lot of what we are talking about has been talks ad nauseam, but if Hasbro had a facility to product large products domestically (defined as other than China/overseas.) We would see lower costs & more variety of products.

A lot of the smaller companies, do a lot of in house production which allows companies like Funko to pump out new product quickly.

Now a lot of what I am referring to is more of a general manufacturing issue, as production overseas vs domestic & why we can't have both is a much bigger topic than I am willing to go into here.

Reaction score
Hasbro as a company, tends to price high, knowing that actual sales will come when the retailers, put the product on sale "aka the real price"

A lot of what we are talking about has been talks ad nauseam, but if Hasbro had a facility to product large products domestically (defined as other than China/overseas.) We would see lower costs & more variety of products.

A lot of the smaller companies, do a lot of in house production which allows companies like Funko to pump out new product quickly.

Now a lot of what I am referring to is more of a general manufacturing issue, as production overseas vs domestic & why we can't have both is a much bigger topic than I am willing to go into here.
Oh, come on, delve in! We have extra time to discuss now that the RC is delayed until next year.

Reaction score

All these companies make their stuff in China because it costs less... you're going to have to explain to us how having a domestic factory to produce this stuff would drive prices down.

Reaction score
It wouldn't because it appears that no one would be working in a US factory anyways.

But there is a rather large place south of us that could have been much closer and about the same cost in labor, yet companies sought to send it all overseas. Granted they possibly didn't want any hassles with cartels and such, but I'm not sure how it would have been any different from the current situation. Last time I checked it didn't seem like Mexico wanted to topple a superpower and replace them at the top of the chain and with their ideology.

Reaction score
I would have backed the Razor Crest if it was $200. But because it was $350, I did not.

But...that this HasLab project went so well basically sends the message to Hasbro that it was under-priced relative to market demand. I compare it to how Disney operates its theme parks and attractions. The strong trend lately is that Disney is charging you more while giving you less. The outrageous prices for the Galactic Starcruiser comes to mind. And you know what? The first three months' worth of reservations on the Starcruiser are sold out. Disney's interpretation of that fact is that the prices it's charging are too low.

The unanswerable question I have is, would Hasbro have made a greater overall profit by pricing this exact same vehicle at $200 and offering it as a wide retail release? Like, if I could go on Amazon right now, pluck down $199.99 for this and it arrives when it arrives, I'd do it right this second. I don't give a rip about any of the attached stretch goals either. How many more "of me" are out there? And how many more total units could Hasbro have moved?

Interesting stuff to ponder.

Reaction score
I would have backed the Razor Crest if it was $200. But because it was $350, I did not.

But...that this HasLab project went so well basically sends the message to Hasbro that it was under-priced relative to market demand. I compare it to how Disney operates its theme parks and attractions. The strong trend lately is that Disney is charging you more while giving you less. The outrageous prices for the Galactic Starcruiser comes to mind. And you know what? The first three months' worth of reservations on the Starcruiser are sold out. Disney's interpretation of that fact is that the prices it's charging are too low.

The unanswerable question I have is, would Hasbro have made a greater overall profit by pricing this exact same vehicle at $200 and offering it as a wide retail release? Like, if I could go on Amazon right now, pluck down $199.99 for this and it arrives when it arrives, I'd do it right this second. I don't give a rip about any of the attached stretch goals either. How many more "of me" are out there? And how many more total units could Hasbro have moved?

It seems there are so many thought processes of fans with these HasLab campaigns. It's hard to lump everyone into 2 or 3 categories. Take the Rancor right now it's struggling because there's a lot of people upset that it doesn't come with the $25 bonus figure of their liking. In the end there's going to be four bonuses which will probably equate to $100 of retail products. The Crest reached goals easily. Personally, I don't let the bonuses sway me and damn sure not over a $25 figure (or $14 for a VTC figure). I had my mind made up on Crest when it was revealed, before the goals.

I just don't see the Crest being made and sold for as low $200 retail. Maybe if it was smaller scale, low budget designed, basically cockpit opens and one door in rear that has enough storage space for a pram and a carbonite block, similar to Slave I. I don't have any BS items but I'm pondering backing the Rancor because I think it's better scaled for 3.75, I could care less about the bonuses.

Reaction score
All these companies make their stuff in China because it costs less... you're going to have to explain to us how having a domestic factory to produce this stuff would drive prices down.
Yes, historically, it's always been the price of labor that is the defining factor of whether it's better to make something overseas than in the US. But, these days it also comes down to cost of shipping (aka fuel costs) and sometimes even lead time (time to get product to market) that might actor in as well. Usually, the only way I've seen it work is when a production process is highly automated and/or the product is so large and heavy that it is cost prohibitive to build and ship it to the US.

In the case of action figures and vehicles they are very labor intensive as there is a lot of hand assembly and paint that goes on. Hence why they are usually made overseas.

Reaction score

I completely agree with the first part - except this: a HasLab is NOT the market. In the know collectors hardly present "the market" fairly - here you have collectors of a scale starved for product AND especially vehicles and they dangle it out there from a brand new property that SHOULD have been in stores. It was the most predatory HasLab yet - I'm honestly still pissed at myself for giving in to it. I paid up hoping they'd actually be responsible and add electronics and real value and bells and whistles to make the ship fun and like an actual toy, but no - it's pretty plastic model. That's it...

The market is all the possible consumers out there at retail - the kids, the parents, the random purchaser, the impulse buyer and yes of course, the fans of Hasbro Star Wars. When you ONLY sell to the latter, you're not getting any reality of a market whatsoever. All they learned is that if they make things that Hasbro Star Wars fans will dig, then they will pretty much pay anything for it = also an awful yet believable conclusion.

Reaction score

Hey, have you seen the shipping prices? I really have no skin in this game so this is all speculation anyhow, but I can imagine that these days it may be ironically cheaper to make things domestically to avoid the huge overseas freight charges that have spurned many companies since COVID hit. They'd at bare minimum be saving in that regard, not sure if that would even it out or not.

Reaction score
Hey, have you seen the shipping prices? I really have no skin in this game so this is all speculation anyhow, but I can imagine that these days it may be ironically cheaper to make things domestically to avoid the huge overseas freight charges that have spurned many companies since COVID hit. They'd at bare minimum be saving in that regard, not sure if that would even it out or not.

If it really is, and it stays that way for any meaningful period of time, companies will move manufacturing back. I haven't heard or seen anything to indicate that that's happening or on the horizon.

Reaction score
True also companies would need to go through Mexico or south america to ship via ground and not because of most North American labor costs. But rather the EPA forbids the types of plastics and manufacturing techniques used to create most action figures in the US (iirc Canada has something similar). Bossfight spoke on that back in like 2016/2017 on a FullForce podcast when they talked about trying to find a domestic manufacturing company when setting up their company iirc.

Reaction score
It seems there are so many thought processes of fans with these HasLab campaigns. It's hard to lump everyone into 2 or 3 categories. Take the Rancor right now it's struggling because there's a lot of people upset that it doesn't come with the $25 bonus figure of their liking. In the end there's going to be four bonuses which will probably equate to $100 of retail products. The Crest reached goals easily. Personally, I don't let the bonuses sway me and damn sure not over a $25 figure (or $14 for a VTC figure). I had my mind made up on Crest when it was revealed, before the goals.

I just don't see the Crest being made and sold for as low $200 retail. Maybe if it was smaller scale, low budget designed, basically cockpit opens and one door in rear that has enough storage space for a pram and a carbonite block, similar to Slave I. I don't have any BS items but I'm pondering backing the Rancor because I think it's better scaled for 3.75, I could care less about the bonuses.

Can I have your bonus cardboard Piece and bones when you get them. I'm working on a little project.

20120824_130854.jpg

Reaction score

To be Honest it's up to Hasbro to make and market an item people want. Not what they think we want. (Rancor-Haslab-looking at you) No one wanted a MTT period. No one was asking, especially 13 years after the movie came out. Adding that many didn't especially like Star Wars EP1 in 1999, maybe making a Large MTT isn't/wasn't a good idea in 2012 or any other time. And to boot it's not exactly a fun toy in anyway. And we all know that allot of money isn't made on large vehicles anyway and it isn't always the goal of the company. The Goal in most circumstances for a big item is to be a Catalyst to sell millions of figures that can go with it ( and reissue figures that's easy money for them) and in my opinion that is exactly what these vehicles (large and small) do and have done for years and years.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The MTT came out because it was already in the parking lot of projects with whatever r&d it had invested in it & Hasbro wanted to get its money back. It probably was designed in the ep1 days.

when talking about production, some products can be made in 1 place in the world. (Toys) However products like medicines & other necessities need to have multiple locations or else supply can easily be cut off.

Reaction score
Another benefit of haslab is we don't have to read posts from cheapskates "explaining " why hasbro charging a certain price for whatever large they release is too much and how they will wait for clearance. Haslab has caused those posts to be minimized.

Reaction score
Another benefit of haslab is we don't have to read posts from cheapskates "explaining " why hasbro charging a certain price for whatever large they release is too much and how they will wait for clearance. Haslab has caused those posts to be minimized.
Great stance and shows exactly why America is so deep in debt...

Reaction score
so the Rancor just had an added Malakili figure (bagged, not carded) in the regular release if initial funding is met. Considering how overpriced this Razor Crest is and how it absolutely OBLITERATED the goals, I think it's fair to demand that Hasbro include the lights and sounds that should have come with it the entire time. They had to have had plans for them - the engines themselves have transparent red inserts, as if they were going to be back lit by an LED And little red nubs on each outer engine for running lights. Obviously, it's more important to them to add something to an item that is NOT funding rather than one that blew past its goals, but I think the point remains the same. Reward your customers for knocking it out of the park and making it truckloads of money off an overpriced mid-sized ship.

Reaction score
so the Rancor just had an added Malakili figure (bagged, not carded) in the regular release if initial funding is met. Considering how overpriced this Razor Crest is and how it absolutely OBLITERATED the goals, I think it's fair to demand that Hasbro include the lights and sounds that should have come with it the entire time. They had to have had plans for them - the engines themselves have transparent red inserts, as if they were going to be back lit by an LED And little red nubs on each outer engine for running lights. Obviously, it's more important to them to add something to an item that is NOT funding rather than one that blew past its goals, but I think the point remains the same. Reward your customers for knocking it out of the park and making it truckloads of money off an overpriced mid-sized ship.
How do we know it doesn't? Hasbro could just be wanting to surprise us

bac

Reaction score
I actually did want an MTT. But I wanted a premium one you could fold up battle droids and attach them to.

The one that came out had every conceivable corner cut to keep costs in check. I passed at full retail and every discount price thereafter.

Reaction score

I’d love for it to have cost less, but I’ve got to disagree that it was overpriced. The Rancor stalled because people didn’t feel the value was there at $350, the general sentiment for the Crest was the exact opposite. The fact that it “Obliterated the goals” means it was appropriately priced.

Expecting new add one only works if a project isn’t getting support and they need to salvage it.

Last edited: