The Razor Crest

Reaction score
Bring it. Its a cool ship, lots of playability, accessories, new figure possibilities and who knows, maybe we will see Boba fett on board this coming season. Im excited!

Reaction score
I have a second Djarin for the piloting awaiting.

Reaction score
Will be pleased for all those that want it, but if it's the next HasLab then it'll be a pass for me.

Reaction score
I hope it's not too small. If it doesn't end up with space below the cockpit (having 2 levels), the figures should be able to stand up inside the cockpit and the hold. No undersized interior like the Troop Transport. (Still miffed about that.)

Reaction score
Honestly not sure about it being under $200 considering a reissued Slave 1 was $150. Razor Crest seems to be slightly larger and requires a new mold, so if it's the same exact size I would likely have to pass because there'd be no room for anything.

Reaction score
I could see a good RC coming at $250. I really think the Falcon selling for $400 is more of "because we can" rather than the product really requiring that price. I mean there's almost nothing new on the Falcon...it's largely unchanged since 2008....yet it's marked up 133% since it debuted 12 years ago.

They can't sell the Falcon for less if they want the pricing to feel consistent across the board. It would make the other overpriced ships feel like even more of a ripoff.

Reaction score
Perhaps, meaning if Hasbro is getting most of the profits here rather than Disney. That by them selling this at $400 it could potentially help pay for new vehicle molds on the front end, rather than waiting for the profits to roll in on the back end?

So if the GE Falcon does only cost them $250 to make, that's $100 to pocket while $50 goes towards whatever new ship is on the horizon.

Reaction score
Years ago, in response to collectors asking for the BMF to be re-released I seem to recall that Hasbro said it would have to be priced at $350-$400 IIRC.

Reactions: pod
Reaction score
I'd be curious to see what Hasbro would do with the Razor's Crest.. is it going to be in scale? will it have electronics? will it have play features and of course how much is it going to cost overall?

Reaction score
I'd be curious to see what Hasbro would do with the Razor's Crest.. is it going to be in scale? will it have electronics? will it have play features and of course how much is it going to cost overall?
Is it going to be in Scale? Nope! SW ships are never in scale.

Will it have Electronics? Nope! They don't put electronics in ships anymore. The GE Falcon only has electronics because they were grandfathered in.

Will it have play features? Nope! Not unless you count functioning doors or landing gear. If you're looking for gimmicky things you wont find it here. That's not how ships are made anymore.

How much will it cost? Too much....but not so much that we wont begrudgingly pay it and convince ourselves it's a good deal. Because the alternative is to not have it at all.

Reaction score
This why we can't have nice things anymore. Hopefully hasbro ignores this and gives us a worthy haslab Razor Crest.
Price and quality don't always go hand in hand at least not from the consumers perspective. You can make something really nice without charging an insane amount. Yes there are always hidden costs like licensing fees and things like that that we as a consumer aren't privy to but at the end of the day we vote with our wallets, nothing more. It's not our responsibility to rationalize why SW items are so high priced. It's up to Hasbro to produce items at a price point that's appealing enough that we feel like it's worth it.

GI Joe and Marvel Legends. Both are priced at $20. GI Joe have a better articulation scheme, more detail etc. Stand them side by side and most ML look and feel cheap by comparison. Moving forward if given the choice between only one I'm going to lean GI Joe more often than not. I'm getting a better value. It doesn't matter to me that Marvel Legends has a licensing fee. That's not my problem. The only Marvel Legends that compare to the level of quality Joe delivers are the ones priced at $25. I can also take it a step further and look at McFarlane's DC figures. They have produced some large figures that would run $30 in ML and they only cost $20. Further McFarlane produced a really nice vehicle for their 7" figures and it only cost $25. Compare that to the cheap smaller vehicles from Hasbro that range from $40 to $80. This is the reason a lot of people wait for clearance. It's because people collect multiple lines and they want to feel like they are getting a good deal. It's the difference between having one nice thing or a few nice things.

Star Wars is operating in a world by itself it seems when it comes to pricing. I don't expect the RC to come in at $200. I'm guessing $300 would be the price. But dang this line is expensive to keep up. I don't collect just this line. I'm collecting ML, GI Joe, DC Multiverse, Transformers WFC, some NECA, some Mafex.

That potential $300 could buy all the upcoming BTTF figures from NECA (figures I've wanted since 1985) and all upcoming DC Multiverse figures. How much do I really want a RC versus the other stuff. Because not many of us can afford everything all at once.

Hasbro needs to figure out how to get prices under control to keep collectors collecting. If they don't the prices for those who stick around will keep climbing as they produce less units.

Reaction score
As far as Hasbro pricing.... this is based on my manufacturing experience & some other info none of it directly from the source.

They seem to price their retail items knowing they the retailer will discount it to get sales henceforth the real price of the $80 tank is what the market is willing to pay.

Hasbro is completely capable of making high end quality toys, but for reasons we as a consumer don’t see they need to keep within a certain spec.

Now I truly believe if there were more than 3-4 big retailers & a Dozen or so online companies, we could see the supply & demand of the 80s but unfortunately that is not the current retail economy & I am not just talking toys.

I wouldn’t expect a RC that is bigger than the clone ship. There is not the market to support it at this time. Maybe one day we will see a resurgence but I think the path of the HO train hobby is a better predictor of the future.

Reaction score
Price and quality don't always go hand in hand at least not from the consumers perspective. You can make something really nice without charging an insane amount. Yes there are always hidden costs like licensing fees and things like that that we as a consumer aren't privy to but at the end of the day we vote with our wallets, nothing more. It's not our responsibility to rationalize why SW items are so high priced. It's up to Hasbro to produce items at a price point that's appealing enough that we feel like it's worth it.

GI Joe and Marvel Legends. Both are priced at $20. GI Joe have a better articulation scheme, more detail etc. Stand them side by side and most ML look and feel cheap by comparison. Moving forward if given the choice between only one I'm going to lean GI Joe more often than not. I'm getting a better value. It doesn't matter to me that Marvel Legends has a licensing fee. That's not my problem. The only Marvel Legends that compare to the level of quality Joe delivers are the ones priced at $25. I can also take it a step further and look at McFarlane's DC figures. They have produced some large figures that would run $30 in ML and they only cost $20. Further McFarlane produced a really nice vehicle for their 7" figures and it only cost $25. Compare that to the cheap smaller vehicles from Hasbro that range from $40 to $80. This is the reason a lot of people wait for clearance. It's because people collect multiple lines and they want to feel like they are getting a good deal. It's the difference between having one nice thing or a few nice things.

Star Wars is operating in a world by itself it seems when it comes to pricing. I don't expect the RC to come in at $200. I'm guessing $300 would be the price. But dang this line is expensive to keep up. I don't collect just this line. I'm collecting ML, GI Joe, DC Multiverse, Transformers WFC, some NECA, some Mafex.

That potential $300 could buy all the upcoming BTTF figures from NECA (figures I've wanted since 1985) and all upcoming DC Multiverse figures. How much do I really want a RC versus the other stuff. Because not many of us can afford everything all at once.

Hasbro needs to figure out how to get prices under control to keep collectors collecting. If they don't the prices for those who stick around will keep climbing as they produce less units.
I go back to my original idea. A Razor Crest for haslab with all that entails size and details wise and a cheaper smaller one for the people who want a cheaper option . They should announce both at the same time so people can make a choice even if the smaller one is coming out before.

Reaction score
Splitting the market into two price points is an awful idea. There's not enough of us to risk splitting the consumer. If too many people opt for the smaller version then the Haslab one doesn't get funded. Crowdfunding thrives on people feeling like the product will actually get funded. If people that are on the fence don't think it will get funded they will opt for the cheaper one as well.

Nope, you gotta release just one RC and price it at a point that will cover the largest market. This isn't peak SW collecting. There aren't different groups collecting. It's pretty much all collector driven at this point and casual toy buyers aren't in the game anymore. So you make it detailed enough to satisfy the people with unlimited funds and you price it low enough that the people who have to budget can still get it. You need to move enough units at the end of the day or nothing gets made.

Reaction score
Is it going to be in Scale? Nope! SW ships are never in scale.

Will it have Electronics? Nope! They don't put electronics in ships anymore. The GE Falcon only has electronics because they were grandfathered in.

Will it have play features? Nope! Not unless you count functioning doors or landing gear. If you're looking for gimmicky things you wont find it here. That's not how ships are made anymore.

How much will it cost? Too much....but not so much that we wont begrudgingly pay it and convince ourselves it's a good deal. Because the alternative is to not have it at all.
It really sounds like you trying to talk me out of wanting this...

Reaction score
Crowdfunding thrives on people feeling like the product will actually get funded. If people that are on the fence don't think it will get funded they will opt for the cheaper one as well.
I actually saw this happen with a friend on the barge. He did not want to fund the project unless it was going to 100% be successful. I've seen the same mentality in voting. People want to be on the winning side of stuff like this or not participate. Its like they feel like they personally lose or something. I don't understand how this makes folks tick but its a real thing. And for the record, I hope they go all out with all the bells and whistles on this Razorcrest haslab or not, getting the barge was just an incredible experience overall. I'd like it to happen again!

Reaction score
I go back to my original idea. A Razor Crest for haslab with all that entails size and details wise and a cheaper smaller one for the people who want a cheaper option . They should announce both at the same time so people can make a choice even if the smaller one is coming out before.
Yes because splitting the market is a great idea...

If it's HasLab I'm out. Not because I'm cheap. Not because I'm broke. But because I don't think it warrants HasLab.

But if it is HasLab I hope it's stuffed with lights and sounds and electronics 😂

Reaction score

If it's HasLab I'm out. Not because I'm cheap. Not because I'm broke. But because I don't think it warrants HasLab.

But if it is HasLab I hope it's stuffed with lights and sounds and electronics 😂
And the level up will be a 12 pack of firing foam missiles, in assorted colors of course.

Reaction score

This is exactly the childish entitled spoiled brat behavior i am talking about. If hasbro says ok if we only offer a $500 masive Razor Crest there will be "grown" men crying that its too expensive and take up space so let's offer a second less expensive and space consuming option. You can see a what will happen when hasbro gives you a choice. People like you will throw a hissy fit because they didn't give you the $500 Razor Crest for $150 rather than buying what you can afford. You don't want a large and expensive Razor Crest but at the same time you don't want anyone else to have it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
What's more childish behavior? Rationalizing that the price doesn't need to be barge levels to deliver us a quality RC? Or calling other members spoiled brats just because they aren't willing to fork over $500 so that YOU can't get the RC of YOUR dreams?

I just don't care enough about the RC.

The Sail Barge is something I've wanted since I was 8. Me and my friend gathered all our vintage SW figures, set up a makeshift Sarlaac, used his mini rig skiff because who had the vintage one and recreated that battle as we watched ROTJ. The coffee table stood in for the sail barge.

The RC is a ship that's been featured in one season of a TV show I liked. This isn't the Falcon in terms of history. This isn't anything from the OT. It's not a must have for me. It's a kind of want and thus I value it accordingly. There are some things I'll pay the price for without question, there are some where I'll ask myself how much I really want this and do I want something else more. I backed the barge. I backed the Sentinel. Had the Sentinel been priced $500 I would have passed. As it is, the Sentinel felt a little overpriced compared to previous releases and it's size. It's definitely worth more, but is it worth $200 more? Probably not, but it was within that range of me pulling the trigger. Had the Sentinel cost $500 or $1000 and been the same product I definitely would have passed. It's just not worth it. But I guess some people don't take price relative to the value they get in their purchasing decisions. I suppose that makes me childish.

Last edited:
Reaction score
What's more childish behavior? Rationalizing that the price doesn't need to be barge levels to deliver us a quality RC? Or calling other members spoiled brats just because they aren't willing to fork over $500 so that YOU can't get the RC of YOUR dreams?

I just don't care enough about the RC.

The Sail Barge is something I've wanted since I was 8. Me and my friend gathered all our vintage SW figures, set up a makeshift Sarlaac, used his mini rig skiff because who had the vintage one and recreated that battle as we watched ROTJ. The coffee table stood in for the sail barge.

The RC is a ship that's been featured in one season of a TV show I liked. This isn't the Falcon in terms of history. This isn't anything from the OT. It's not a must have for me. It's a kind of want and thus I value it accordingly. There are some things I'll pay the price for without question, there are some where I'll ask myself how much I really want this and do I want something else more. I backed the barge. I backed the Sentinel. Had the Sentinel been priced $500 I would have passed. As it is, the Sentinel felt a little overpriced compared to previous releases and it's size. It's definitely worth more, but is it worth $200 more? Probably not, but it was within that range of me pulling the trigger. Had the Sentinel cost $500 or $1000 and been the same product I definitely would have passed. It's just not worth it. But I guess some people don't take price relative to the value they get in their purchasing decisions. I suppose that makes me childish.
You are proving my point. You don't think they should make a $500 Razor Crest because you don't want one. Basically everyone that wants one should be denied because you don't want one. You putting up a wall of text doesn't change that fact. You don't want them to give you a cheaper option while giving others a more expensive option because like a child you will look at the people with the more expensive version and throw your toys out the pram.

Reaction score
You are proving my point. You don't think they should make a $500 Razor Crest because you don't want one. Basically everyone that wants one should be denied because you don't want one. You putting up a wall of text doesn't change that fact. You don't want them to give you a cheaper option while giving others a more expensive option because like a child you will look at the people with the more expensive version and throw your toys out the pram.
What are you even talking about? Where on earth did that come from? Is that what I said I was going to do? Did I really give the impression I was going to throw my toys in a fit? Why do you insist on calling other collectors children? Does name calling work for you when making an argument?

I think you need to take a step back and stop calling collectors "children" "spoiled brats" etc.

I'm curious though, what's everyone's ideal price point for the RC assuming it's made to relative SW vehicle scale (proportional to what we have grown accustomed to...Falcon, BAT-AT, Barge etc)?

For me, I'd say my upper limit is $350. Sized just below the Falcon. Preferred in the $250-300 range.

Reaction score
Wasnt the last B Wing vehicle it started out as "expensive" at Kmart stores a few years back but then the price got marked down pretty cheap to 30 bucks or a little less?

I wouldnt be surprised if Hasbro did the same thing with the Razor Crest to have it more affordable for people to buy

Reaction score
Honestly let them do a HasLab RC and when/if it fails then we have our answer. I don't think it needs HasLab for the simple fact the show is popular and likely will gain more followers in Season 2 and 3. Thus having enough presence to warrant a ship at normal retail channels. While I may feel like it won't receive quite the budget it could that way versus HasLab, we'll just have to wait and see. Regardless of how it is released we simply need to speak with our wallets once again.

I actually saw this happen with a friend on the barge. He did not want to fund the project unless it was going to 100% be successful. I've seen the same mentality in voting. People want to be on the winning side of stuff like this or not participate. Its like they feel like they personally lose or something. I don't understand how this makes folks tick but its a real thing. And for the record, I hope they go all out with all the bells and whistles on this Razorcrest haslab or not, getting the barge was just an incredible experience overall. I'd like it to happen again!
Yeah this would make no sense to me, if it fails you're not out anything except the 5 minute it took you to sign up. If it succeeds you wind a great prize!
It's this kind of mentality that is likely the cause for failed items, and why the Barge took so long to get funded.

Reaction score
This is exactly the childish entitled spoiled brat behavior i am talking about. If hasbro says ok if we only offer a $500 masive Razor Crest there will be "grown" men crying that its too expensive and take up space so let's offer a second less expensive and space consuming option. You can see a what will happen when hasbro gives you a choice. People like you will throw a hissy fit because they didn't give you the $500 Razor Crest for $150 rather than buying what you can afford. You don't want a large and expensive Razor Crest but at the same time you don't want anyone else to have it.
Wait...what? The only person here throwing a hissy fit is you because you may not get the RC of your dreams. The only "grown" man crying here...you. The only one being a childish entitled spoiled brat...again you.

At this point it's clear you are a troll because there is no way you are this dense.

Reaction score
Honestly let them do a HasLab RC and when/if it fails then we have our answer. I don't think it needs HasLab for the simple fact the show is popular and likely will gain more followers in Season 2 and 3. Thus having enough presence to warrant a ship at normal retail channels. While I may feel like it won't receive quite the budget it could that way versus HasLab, we'll just have to wait and see. Regardless of how it is released we simply need to speak with our wallets once again.
I totally agree and this is why i've wondered why was the GE Falcon retailed at a whopping $400, to help budget another item. Yes, Hasbro said a few years back a BMF rerelease would be +/- $500, but they may even back then knew a new larger item could be possible in future given the upcoming media at that time. Such larger item may need a symbiote to get production going and what better symbiote than a long asked for TVC BMF priced at point that the market would accept. Same can be said of a $150 Slave1. RC could easily be haslab, no argument here, but it seems like a risky choice because kids are fickle, they want what they want now and parents aren't going to buy an item today only to wait 12 months or more for delivery because kids are not as patient as collectors. That's assuming RC remains the same from S1 through S3 when this haslab reaches homes most likely, otherwise collectors would likely want the most up to date version

Reaction score
True, he very well crash halfway through season 2 or at the end, thus creating the need for new ship or slight alteration. If the hints are accurate and we are getting the RC, it tells me that the RC indeed survives past season 2 or they likely wouldn't release it.

I have a feeling the RC will be around a while same way the Falcon was.

Reaction score
Hasbro needs to put a reasonable affordable price on the retail Razor Crest like they did with the Vintage Collection B Wing a few years back and then have Walmart and Target, Best Buy put the Razor Crest on sale like at least 25 bucks where people can afford to buy it

Reaction score
Wait...what? The only person here throwing a hissy fit is you because you may not get the RC of your dreams. The only "grown" man crying here...you. The only one being a childish entitled spoiled brat...again you.

At this point it's clear you are a troll because there is no way you are this dense.
You are so dishonest its pointless talking to you. You are completely ignoring all of the childish entitled behavior I pointed out. Me pointing out such bad attitude means I am crying? You are just upset because certain behavior is getting called out

Reaction score
I can relate to the frustration. This is a relatively new hobby for me and from an "outsider" perspective (by the way, everybody has been friendly and welcoming here so we're not as snarky as you might imagine) what would be helpful for the long term viability of our hobby is to add new blood (like me!).

Star Wars serves as a cultural icon so you'll be hard pressed to find folks who aren't aware of its existence, yet it is no secret that the market isn't what it has been in the past. Eventually there will be nothing left to collect and nobody left to collect it. To put it another way, without new Star Wars IP like the Mandalorian (along with a corresponding boost in new items and new buyers) it is less likely that we will see a Death Star or Tantive IV in Haslab format.

We can lament that there are less waves and figures available, but to get back to the glory days you gotta have the scale and volume first. At the end the end of the day we may like to debate our different opinions, but we're all on the same team. I'll buy 2 of everything that I like and if I'm on the fence I'll go ahead and buy a single figure anyway to support the hobby in general.

Reaction score
I can relate to the frustration. This is a relatively new hobby for me and from an "outsider" perspective (by the way, everybody has been friendly and welcoming here so we're not as snarky as you might imagine) what would be helpful for the long term viability of our hobby is to add new blood (like me!).

Star Wars serves as a cultural icon so you'll be hard pressed to find folks who aren't aware of its existence, yet it is no secret that the market isn't what it has been in the past. Eventually there will be nothing left to collect and nobody left to collect it. To put it another way, without new Star Wars IP like the Mandalorian (along with a corresponding boost in new items and new buyers) it is less likely that we will see a Death Star or Tantive IV in Haslab format.

We can lament that there are less waves and figures available, but to get back to the glory days you gotta have the scale and volume first. At the end the end of the day we may like to debate our different opinions, but we're all on the same team. I'll buy 2 of everything that I like and if I'm on the fence I'll go ahead and buy a single figure anyway to support the hobby in general.
How new are you to the hobby and what's your focus/goals in collecting this line?

Reaction score
How new are you to the hobby and what's your focus/goals in collecting this line?
Thanks for asking. I started collecting December of last year (so just about 9 months). I was child of the 80's (born in the 70's) and owned a few Kenner figures and saw ROTJ in the theaters (too young for ANH and ESB).

I debated TVC vs TBS for a bit, but my focus is on anything The Mandalorian (which was my point about new blood). That forced my hand back at the end of last year as the only choice was TBS. So I'm collecting both, but TBS is more casual and for display (open all packages). TVC items I'll buy two of everything (one to open) and enjoy the vehicles and diorama creation much much more.

Reaction score
Two quick shots of the LEGO Razor Crest next to the TVC Mando and Cara. Clearly TVC Razor Crest needs to be at least twice, if not three times, as large (LEGO version is about 1 foot x 1.5 feet).
IMG_E6445.JPGIMG_E6446.JPG

Last edited: