The Phantom

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing...I don't know how the MTT or this last Big Falcon was released, while the Sith Infiltrator, Sail Barge, and Ghost haven't been.
The Sith Infiltrator had less than ten seconds of screen time and literally did nothing. No mystery there.

It DID get a release - albeit in puny, underscaled form.

Sail Barge might have made a nice big vehicle/playset once upon a time, but I think those days have long passed.

Reaction score
2) TPM was the only film without a BM release; 3) It was the 3D year; 4) Hasbro's other BM-TPM choice would have been a ship (RoyaL Naboo) that was cleared out in the Great Clearance of 2000.
You've contradicted yourself. TPM DID have a big vehicle release, the Royal Starship, which was a bust. The 3D re-releases of the films were also a bust and they stopped doing them.

Why they thought anyone would care about the MTT so long after TPM (when the vehicle was barely seen and had no direct interaction with the heroes anyway) is, as you said, a head-scratcher. Or just a really stupid thing to do.

I hope it isn't the last we see of large scale vehicles, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was....

Reaction score
Hasbro would have done better marketing the MTT for the Clone Wars with the blue color scheme and packing in a CW Anakin/Obi-Wan. It would have done far better and made more sense.

You've contradicted yourself. TPM DID have a big vehicle release, the Royal Starship, which was a bust. The 3D re-releases of the films were also a bust and they stopped doing them.

Why they thought anyone would care about the MTT so long after TPM (when the vehicle was barely seen and had no direct interaction with the heroes anyway) is, as you said, a head-scratcher. Or just a really stupid thing to do.

I hope it isn't the last we see of large scale vehicles, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was....

Reaction score
The Sith Infiltrator had less than ten seconds of screen time and literally did nothing. No mystery there.

It DID get a release - albeit in puny, underscaled form.

Sail Barge might have made a nice big vehicle/playset once upon a time, but I think those days have long passed.
Well this last BMF literally does nothing, so I guess the Infiltrator would have been a good option after all.

Reaction score
Well this last BMF literally does nothing, so I guess the Infiltrator would have been a good option after all.
While I hate the big empty shell toys that are out now, the Infiltrator had ten seconds of meaningless screen time, whereas the Falcon was the most iconic hero vehicle of the OT. There's no comparison.

Reaction score
While I hate the big empty shell toys that are out now, the Infiltrator had ten seconds of meaningless screen time, whereas the Falcon was the most iconic hero vehicle of the OT. There's no comparison.
Yes, and I'm afraid the days of getting ANYTHING from TPM released other than Darth Maul are far behind us.

Reaction score
It's just too bad they didn't do the Infiltrator justice, when they had their chance! As for more Iconic, sure for some it is. But there are people who aren't solely interested in just mainstream overproduced crap.
They could have saved themselves on tooling cost, if they just reused the TVC BMF. Only w/o all the extras. It has to cost more to make a whole new toy (that most may not even buy), than it would to modify the old vessel.

As for the Phantom, I wonder if they'll forward think it. And make it compatible with the Ghost, if ever made?

Reaction score
As for the Phantom, I wonder if they'll forward think it. And make it compatible with the Ghost, if ever made?
One thing I'll give hasbro credit for is their attention to detail. I'm sure the Phantom will be compatible with a Ghost (if they make one.)

I remember years ago, the Royal Starship interiors had stickers with lots of controls and do-dads. one of the stickers showed a little droid socket. And the R2 figure with a removable droid "plug" - which had come out years before and was the only version to ever feature this - lined up absolutely perfectly with the socket sticker, just for the extremely small number of people who would ever try to do that.

The Starspeeder vehicle that was released only a few years ago is also compatible with the original Rex droid figure which was also released years earlier, long before anyone planned that there would ever be a vehicle to go with it.

So here's hoping!

Reaction score

I wouldn't call the 1999 release in any way a BMF-class ship. It was somewhat big compared to a fighter, sure, but so were the vintage/POTF2 versions of the Falcon and the AT-AT and the vintage/Saga Imperial shuttle. If, just for debate's sake, we were to see something in BMF scale for the Royal Naboo ship, you would need at a minimum, a minimum two-seat cockpit (probably more than that), a much larger "throne room" than the original release, a larger "stay in here and keep out of trouble" room (room for at least six characters at a time, if I recall the scenes correctly) with an elevator to the upper hull, an engine room and a boarding ramp. Such a beast would easily be the same bow-to-stern length as the BM Falcon, in toy form.

Reaction score
I haven't opened my Phantom yet, but the YouTube review posted somewhere in this thread does reveal it does have docking slots to a bigger ship :)

Reaction score
Don't know if this has been addressed yet, but does the Phantom fit into the docking bay of the BMF?

Reaction score
Don't know if this has been addressed yet, but does the Phantom fit into the docking bay of the BMF?
I haven't tried it, but I doubt it. The Phantom is much larger than the escape pod that came with the BMF, and the escape pod was a tight fit. It may fit in between the front mandibles though.

Reaction score
The FLER. I don't think it was ever produced. I wouldn't mind Hasbro making one now to fit the Big Millennium Falcon.

Reaction score
Yeah I remember seeing that along with some other unproduced vintage vehicle back when Topps had thier Star Wars galaxy magazine.very cool publication.

Reaction score
Did I see somewhere that this ship has been put on clearance at the Disney stores? That's not a good sign.
I think I want to get this, so probably time to stop procrastinating.

Reaction score
Its an awesome little ship. Being able to carry 2 plus a droid makes it very play worthy. It can also pass as the poor mans Imperial Shuttle.

Reaction score
Why is the Phantom suddenly insanely expensive on the secondary market? They couldn't give this thing away last year at my local stores...

Sigh.

Reaction score
sadly mine is packed away in storage... but if it did fit into the Falcon's front mandibles that would be a cool tie in to the OT/EU/Kenner days

Reaction score
Why is the Phantom suddenly insanely expensive on the secondary market? They couldn't give this thing away last year at my local stores...

Sigh.
Combo,of people not wanting to pay full price, & then rumors start about maybe making the big ship it attaches to which means people now need it, because even though Hasbro won't make said big ship, looks at AT-AT driver/commander with Hasbro saying they were not making an ATAT, 1 year later they make a big ATAT, with no commander/driver now available.

Reaction score
That would be funny, if they make the Ghost with a big empty hole in the rear! I hope that it at least has a hollow cover for those who did not buy the Phantom.
Not that it will ever get made mind you. I think the interest is there though, just not sure which scale they'll make. BMF style or th hollowed out Hero version.
Especially once we learn that Han used to fly this before the Falcon, and that he sold it to Hera after he won the Falcon. :sneaky:

TBH, the Ghost is probably one of the very few ships that I'd still buy. Nothing else they've come up with has interested me.

Reaction score
sadly mine is packed away in storage... but if it did fit into the Falcon's front mandibles that would be a cool tie in to the OT/EU/Kenner days
I just tried it with mine. No go. It's about a quarter inch too wide to fit...