The Phantom

Reaction score
That thing just look to "boxy" to me. Hopefully some cooler design pop up on the show.

Reaction score
Going on three weeks with no posts in this thread, so I suspect this may be the dud of Rebels ships. Has anyone who picked up this full-priced mini-rig attempted to fit it in any previously released ships or vehicles, such as the BMFs?

Reaction score
I haven't been able to find this yet. The stores that have them here use the Target TBS figure Distribution Approach (random figures in a box shipped to each store).
One store had the AT-DP and the TIE, but no Phantom (and no space either because of the jedi starfighters in vader packaging). The other store had 2 AT-DPs (as well as the shelf blocking jedi stafighters).

Reaction score
I watched this review, then picked up the ship. According to the YouTube review, there are slots on it so it can be added to another ship, meaning they will be making a Ghost, which is what I really want. It was the last one at a local TRU, previous TRU only had Inquisitor TIE and AT-DP which I passed on.

Reaction score
I never realized there were Slots on the ship for it to be docked to another one. I'll have to go and check that out.

Reaction score
I know I'm in the minority here, but it just looks so generic. A terribly uninspired design, in my opinion. I'll pick one up for my nephews for Christmas, but I can't imagine adding it to my own collection.

Reaction score
I don't want the Phantom until they announce the Ghost.

I don't expect the Ghost to be full size, but I want to see what it features first.

Reaction score
I can't believe that they wouldn't do the Ghost, the show is a look for how many seasons? It is after all their main ship, nothing like the 5 episodes the Twilight was in.
If they can do secondary ships like the the AT-DP, Phantom, TIE, and Troop Transport. Surely the Ghost isn't far behind. Though I guess there are repack/repaint possibilities with the others, whereas the Ghost not so much.

I'm not that interested, not big fan of the outward design. But I could be tempted to buy it, if the inside was done right. On par with the BMF. Where the cockpit is accurate/ly scaled, and it had a couple corridors and other rooms. Possibly a working loading dock with included Speeder Bike of some kind. Maybe Dooku's Separatist Speeder, or Castas.
I haven't really seen much of the inside, but it would be nice if it mirrored the BMF. Rather than what they did with Darth Maul's Ship!

I'd also like to see some older TCW ships show up in this line, such as Anakin's Recon Fighter.
Some of these older Republic vehicles would be right up the Rebels alley.

Reaction score
Yeah, the decision-making is curious. The featured ship of the series is not at retail. Given the size of it, it would presumably be at least BMFish, which would dictate Christmas availability. Four weeks out from Black Friday, it seems unlikely to be a Xmas 2014 surprise. If EVII is truly still on track for Christmas 2015, then the absence of the Ghost from shelves this season is a head scratcher.
Of course, we got heavy doses of Twilight the first season of Clone Wars, then that ship went away quick.

Reaction score
So the Phantom takes the starring ship role in episode 4. I'm glad I picked it up before the episode aired as it was the only one on the shelf last week. Once it's on TV, the toy is in demand!

Reaction score
I don't know why the Walmart Falcon was produced when the Ghost could have been made just as easy. Even if it only had an opening cockpit, rotating turrets, and a place for the Phantom to dock it would have been a MUCH better choice than a second large scale static Falcon.

Reaction score
I don't know why the Walmart Falcon was produced when the Ghost could have been made just as easy. Even if it only had an opening cockpit, rotating turrets, and a place for the Phantom to dock it would have been a MUCH better choice than a second large scale static Falcon.
Don't write off Ghost production just yet. I think the series needs to pick up an audience before going for the larger ships. It's only 4 episodes in ;)

The AT-TE was out early for the Clone Wars line, but it already had a large audience from Attack of the Clones and a predecessor (movie and toy wise) with the AT-AT.

If Rebels succeeds on air, then we'll get the Ghost sometime down the road.

Reaction score
It reminds me of the Twilight from clone Wars. It was in every episode but Hasbro peed in their pants if they made it. The Ghost seems like a no brainer seeing the Phantom shuttle is suppose to connect with it.

Reaction score
Im sure we will see a GHOST ship, just not this year, more than likely 2015, not sure if SW REBELS secured a second season already. They have Kanan, Ezra and Zeb and Chopper ( not to mention the Inquisitor and Kallus/stormtroopers ) out now, even holographic OWK if you count him as a figure. Hera and Sabine are coming. That's pretty good getting the whole crew out there. The size of the ship will be interesting. Someone had mentioned 49 inches. After watching a papercraft model of the GHOST come together, I can see the wedges being removeable and leaving a middle fuselage to have the wedges and docking corridors added on after purchase. Squeezing that new XP-14 FIGHTER into that small box was pretty amazing, Im sure HASBRO will have the GHOST out by FALL of 2015. I find it odd that they aren't capitalizing on it right now but whatever, that is their call. Its funny how they are harkening back to the days of the KENNER lines with ship designs being more McQuarrie-esque AND simple figures to go with them.

To give you an idea of how big the GHOST could be .....

user74636_pic60826_1414638086 - Rebelscum Photo Hosting

user74636_pic60840_1414869508 - Rebelscum Photo Hosting

user74636_pic60839_1414869508 - Rebelscum Photo Hosting

Its off in certain places but Ive wanted to build it ever since I saw it. The Phantom Shuttle sits in the back and to me it just works. I have a lot more to do but I figured some eye candy is always fun to have.

Reaction score
I'm not saying the Ghost is not coming - I hope it is, *but* I don't see it releasing in fall of '15. That will all be about Episode VII. If they want the Ghost out there, they will have to release it earlier in the year. Normally, I would say that's a long shot, but with how high the Star Wars hype will be next year, I'd say it's a possibility. Then again, I imagine Hasbro will be watching the show's ratings (which are only ok at this point - good for XD, not so great overall) and sales numbers for the existing toys over the holidays.

Reaction score
If the new Star Wars movie fails to sell its figure line, plus on how well those figures are made, it could be a long while before we see a Ghost.

Reaction score
It reminds me of the Twilight from clone Wars. It was in every episode but Hasbro peed in their pants if they made it.
I must have bad eyes, or a bad memory. Because I don't recall seeing it in every episode. Still, it seemed like an obvious ship to make. Considering the number of times it did show up, and was Piloted by the show's Hero.

Reaction score
I must have bad eyes, or a bad memory. Because I don't recall seeing it in every episode. Still, it seemed like an obvious ship to make. Considering the number of times it did show up, and was Piloted by the show's Hero.
But it was one of the worst if not THE worst designs in the entire Star Wars universe.

Reaction score
But it was one of the worst if not THE worst designs in the entire Star Wars universe.
QFT! I absolutely agree.

Granted - the Twilight had her fanbase - but in all honesty, she held no appeal for me whatsoever.
Not even an interesting design (in SW-terms or outside of SW either - IMO).

The CW series had a vast plethora of other, more 'Star-Warsy' starship designs, that would make more sense to produce - but IMO, the Twilight was not one of them.

Reaction score
QFT! I absolutely agree.

Granted - the Twilight had her fanbase - but in all honesty, she held no appeal for me whatsoever.
Not even an interesting design (in SW-terms or outside of SW either - IMO).

The CW series had a vast plethora of other, more 'Star-Warsy' starship designs, that would make more sense to produce - but IMO, the Twilight was not one of them.
I agree with both Saddestmoon and ThorOakenfelder. The Twilight was one ugly ship, and I never had any interest in it as a toy, either. Looks like Hasbro agrees with these sentiments as well. It was a barely serviceable ship they just found on the show, wasn't it?

The Ghost has some style and will have some play value. You really can't compare it to the Twilight in design or screentime, as The Ghost wins on both.

Reaction score
I know I'm in the minority here, but it just looks so generic. A terribly uninspired design, in my opinion. I'll pick one up for my nephews for Christmas, but I can't imagine adding it to my own collection.
Picked this one up today.

I like the fact that it's generic. Its colour scheme suggests it wouldn't look out of place leading a squad of Hasbro's existing Y-wing fighters.
I'm also wondering just how many gunners/passengers.droids are supposed to fit in the back.

If a Ghost comes along later, well and good (but what space could I find for it?).

Reaction score
Found this at a Target in Ontario, along with the Inquisitor's TIE fighter. I'm loving the look of them, but they're very lonely since I put the rest of my collection in storage.

Reaction score
Picked this one up today.

I like the fact that it's generic. Its colour scheme suggests it wouldn't look out of place leading a squad of Hasbro's existing Y-wing fighters.
I'm also wondering just how many gunners/passengers.droids are supposed to fit in the back.

If a Ghost comes along later, well and good (but what space could I find for it?).
I agree. The generic look makes it easier to use it for just about any kind of ship you want, smuggler, Trader, shuttle, Transport ship.

Reaction score
Update: According to Wookieepedia, it carries *one* passenger.
So the Hasbro version is pretty generous, space-wise. :)

Reaction score
Update: According to Wookieepedia, it carries *one* passenger.
So the Hasbro version is pretty generous, space-wise. :)
But in the show, it carried the whole Ghost crew. Looks like Wookieepedia is going the way of Wikipedia for accuracy ;)

Reaction score
If the new Star Wars movie fails to sell its figure line, plus on how well those figures are made, it could be a long while before we see a Ghost.
Seeing loads of the Hero Series Falcon in Walmart tonight really had me wondering why they didn't just do a big cheap Ghost instead and just do a Falcon next fall/winter with it being in EP7.

Reaction score
Because it's Hasbro! ^
They're either too late or early, depending on your POV. Or their just flat out bassackwards.

Reaction score
Found this at a Target in Ontario, along with the Inquisitor's TIE fighter. I'm loving the look of them, but they're very lonely since I put the rest of my collection in storage.
Well, my fellow Ontarian, the solution is obvious: time to dig out some gear from the cases so your new additions won't be lonely.

I picked up the same two at Target today. Couldn't resist.

Reaction score
I love this little ship. On the show I've noticed a couple things about it. It docks both front ways and back ways, with the hatch on the bottom. If docked backwards, the front guns can be used as rear guns for the Ghost, as demonstrated by Chopper in the Empire Day episode.

I hope we get a Ghost that interacts with this ship, but the window is so small for it (Now until, say, June), that I am seriously doubting it.

Reaction score
I love this little ship. On the show I've noticed a couple things about it. It docks both front ways and back ways, with the hatch on the bottom. If docked backwards, the front guns can be used as rear guns for the Ghost, as demonstrated by Chopper in the Empire Day episode.

I hope we get a Ghost that interacts with this ship, but the window is so small for it (Now until, say, June), that I am seriously doubting it.
While I think the chance of a Ghost is slim, I don't think the time window is the problem.

The show's already been picked up for Season 2. How long was it before we got the "Attack Shuttle" from "Clone Wars"? Years into the show's run.

Hasbro even (stupidly, if you ask me) made that ridiculous MTT what, 12 or 13 years after Phantom Menace??

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing...I don't know how the MTT or this last Big Falcon was released, while the Sith Infiltrator, Sail Barge, and Ghost haven't been.

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing...I don't know how the MTT or this last Big Falcon was released, while the Sith Infiltrator, Sail Barge, and Ghost haven't been.
The Falcon got a rerelease because it is the most iconic ship of the franchise. Laymen who would call the X-Wing a "plane" still know the Millennium Falcon.
The MTT is a legitimate head scratcher, but my assumption of the logic is: 1) Hardcore fans want a brand-new BM-class vehicle, otherwise their buys won't sufficiently supplement parents and grandparents; 2) TPM was the only film without a BM release; 3) It was the 3D year; 4) Hasbro's other BM-TPM choice would have been a ship (RoyaL Naboo) that was cleared out in the Great Clearance of 2000.