The "Official" Vinyl Cape Jawa and DT Saber Discussion Thread

Reaction score
I haven't been looking lately but have MOC Jawa (real ones) auctions/sales dried up on Ebay?
I think most people who have them aren't selling. An AFA 85 sold for over $10k over the summer. There's been one or two since then with an opening bid of that much but no takers.

Reaction score
wanna buy a vinyl cape jawa and a dt luke but worried ill end up with a fake. cant afford a graded one.
why are prices cazy at the minute. will prices go down? when? i remember looking on ebay (vinyl cape jawa) several years ago and im sure they were £250 now its like £375 or more.

Reaction score
I don't think prices on these items will go down, but they may go higher in the upcoming year and then maybe stay at a higher price point that is near prohibitive to some if not most collectors. I am glad I got my two as an impulse buy back in 2005...

Reaction score
which blaster came with a vcj. theres a bump blaster and none? did both variants come with the vcj?
Vinyl Caped Jawa Action Figure (The Canadian Star Wars Gallery)
Jawa Gun: There has been much discussion over what gun was originally released with carded Vinyl Cape Jawas in 1978.

Evidence has shown that both versions of the original, black (or dark green) Jawa gun (shown at left) with or without the side knob/button were released with the figure. The Jawa gun that was bluer in colour (shown at right) was never released with the Vinyl Cape Jawa.

The gun was placed loose (ie: not taped) inside the bubble on the Star Wars release vinyl cape Jawas. The unique Toltoys ESB vinyl cape Jawa guns were taped inside their bubbles.

Reaction score
aite rich i finally got one :)

You're looking around £375+ for a vcj at present. The prices has shot up recently. They will go down I think at some point. Are they worth it? Can't answer that for you.
you will find vcj with both sets of eyes in the wild as capes have been swapped etc. bi believe AFA grade both.

ecl

Reaction score
Edit:Ended up starting different thread.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reasons:
- no obvious cross pattern on cape material
- cape seems a bit long
- arm holes too large
- figure should have large eyes

Reaction score
theres 3 supposed vc jawas on ebay right now. one from Germany and 2 form Ireland are any of the legit cause id like to bid

Reaction score
theres 3 supposed vc jawas on ebay right now. one from Germany and 2 form Ireland are any of the legit cause id like to bid
They all look legit , the Irish ones are just verry expensive, the $1000 one has a tiny puncture and the $799,99 oner has a nasty rip in the collar. The 266 Euro 3 days left to go German one has a rip in the armhole so keep that in mind if you want to place a bid. If you have doubts about a vc jawa cape you can always look here 12back.com : Features : The Vinyl Cape Jawa for some more info on how the capes should look, feel and even sound :)

Reaction score
I was wondering in this vinyl cape Jawa looks legit. Found it in a toy store near me.

015_zps3qzmtdr9.jpg Photo by orye74 | Photobucket
016_zpszgswpmgp.jpg Photo by orye74 | Photobucket
I agree that this does not look good at first sight but the curved glass dome could be messing with the way the cape looks. If you return to the store armed with this knowledge 12back.com : Features : The Vinyl Cape Jawa and perhaps an Obi cape for comparrison you should be able to decide for yourself or at least take some better pictures outside of the dome to show here :)

Reaction score
Hi all. I am completely new to the forum. I sort of dabbled in carded 12 backs years ago and some loose figures, but sadly sold off most of them. Wish I hadn't!! Anyway, I did hold on to two pieces. I still have a carded DT Ben Kenobi, though the card is not very nice on the back, and I have a loose DT Vader. And my general question is, with the new films on the horizon, do we think the values of these items will escalate?

Reaction score
Can someone share, or direct me to, a photo of the Luke DT saber - circles version?

Thanks

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have to sell my vinyl Cape Jawa, and would like to know what you think of him.

Cheers
Han

Last edited:
Reaction score
sorry, this was not my intention, I just would like to have some feedback about it - nothing else

Reaction score
I am confused? It looks like a nice piece. It's graded. Received a 85. What else do you want to hear from others?

Reaction score
well, I'm absolutely not an expert about this,so I just hoped to get some information and some input about this specific item

Reaction score
I do have one question. Can the Jawa be removed from this type of case? Or is he a permanent fixture, encased inside? Thanks.

Reaction score
so i finally scores a vinyl cape jawa ... heres some pics . there is a concern to me here though and im not bashing the person who sold it to me but heres what they are . the cape looks legit (crosshatch , zipping sound , tight armholes ) the gun that was sent with this is blue , i thought they were never issued with a dark blue weapon , also the coo looks off . shouldnt the hong kong be more torwards the foot of the jawa . i paid quite a bit for him and just want to make sure hes legit ... are the eyes painted on close enough also or is this an accepted variance?[/URL[URL=http://s115.photobucket.com/user/billbley/media/photo-1_1.jpg.html][/URL[URL=http://s115.photobucket.com/user/billbley/media/photo-2.jpg.html][/URL[URL=http://s115.photobucket.com/user/billbley/media/photo-3.jpg.html][/URL[URL=http://s115.photobucket.com/user/billbley/media/photo-5.jpg.html]

Reaction score
[h=1]Thread: WTB: loose graded vinyl cape jawa VCP from reputable seller[/h]

• [h=6]LinkBack[/h]
  • [h=6]Thread Tools[/h]
  • [h=6]Display[/h]

• 05-16-2015, 04:39 PM
    Dougnaught

Midshipman
    Join DateMay 2015

[h=2]WTB: loose graded vinyl cape jawa VCJ from reputable seller[/h]
    Hi - I'm new to this forum but loooooooong to vintage star wars collecting - I'm a middle age lifetime fan who bought most of his collection for $2.99/each as a grade schooler and NOT a seller / reseller. I'm looking for AFA 85 or higher with very detailed pictures (close up of cape, eyes, coo logo, arm hole areas, etc) to support. I will only pay through Paypal to protect myself in case of fraud (not expected from you guys). I've wanted this figure for so long and now find myself ready to pull the trigger to complete my loose collection for a fair price.

Doug
    (Dougnaught)
    doccoch@mac.com

ecl

Reaction score
I went ahead and took a few shots of my favorite figure from my collection; a circles variant DT luke skywalker!

Last edited:
Reaction score
so i finally scores a vinyl cape jawa ... heres some pics . there is a concern to me here though and im not bashing the person who sold it to me but heres what they are . the cape looks legit (crosshatch , zipping sound , tight armholes ) the gun that was sent with this is blue , i thought they were never issued with a dark blue weapon , also the coo looks off . shouldnt the hong kong be more torwards the foot of the jawa . i paid quite a bit for him and just want to make sure hes legit ... are the eyes painted on close enough also or is this an accepted variance?[/URL[URL=http://s115.photobucket.com/user/billbley/media/photo-1_1.jpg.html][/URL[URL=http://s115.photobucket.com/user/billbley/media/photo-2.jpg.html][/URL[URL=http://s115.photobucket.com/user/billbley/media/photo-3.jpg.html][/URL[URL="http://s115.photobucket.com/user/billbley/media/photo-5.jpg.html"]
The figure and weapon are incorrect. The correct Coo is one in which the copyright is centered between the words hong and kong. The weapon should be dark green or black.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I recently came across a circle variant DT luke and have a question about the inner filament of the saber. It appears to be a little shorter than other DT sabers I've seen. Is this normal for the circle variation or is part of the tip missing? It's hard to estimate the length but compared to others the linner filament only sticks out a tiny bit when pushed all the way in while others stick about about 1cm