The "Official" Vinyl Cape Jawa and DT Saber Discussion Thread

Reaction score
It would appear that DT Sabers and Vinyl Caped Jawas are all the rage these days and what with all the fakes out there, topics on these subjects are at an all time high. In order to keep the boards a little cleaner we're going to consolidate all future discussion on these topics to one thread.

Any and all future threads on DT Sabers and VC Jawas will be locked and the poster will be directed to this thread which will remain sticky.

Related links and topics:

Spotting Fake VC Jawas from the Canadian Star Wars Gallery:
http://www.ncf.ca/~cn333/vcjawa.htm

SWCA VC Jawa Links:
http://www.toysrgus.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=51430
http://www.toysrgus.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=51431

Revalveit's reproduction DT Sabers:
http://www.dtsabers.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/welcome.htm

Frank Discussion on just how the info was acquired to make the above repro sabers: Thread

If you can think of any other related threads or links that should be posted here, please PM me and i'll edit the post accordingly

Reaction score
Re: The VC Jawa and DT Saber Discussion Thread

Thanks for the very interesting reads. I hope that everyone has the time to read these. Great stuff!

Reaction score

What is that, an advertisement for dt sabers? I hope they make them so good, that you cant tell a real one from a fake
. And I also hope someone, just anyone, can start making mock ups "using the same plastic" and the "same technology". Then after that, maybe Blue Snags that are dead on. That's terrible.
I really like the BUY NOW when you go to the dtsaber site.

Sorry 'bout that, I just despise fakes, and don't say "well, they do say on their site they are REPLICA"; that does not matter when a crook buys them. He will then pass them off as "I found this in my grandmother's attic. Did I mention I hate fakes?

Craig

iHu

Reaction score

This INSANELY PRISTINE DT LUKE AFA 90 is back up for bids after some doofus accidentally BINed the last auction (for $15,000!!) with 20 bidders already on it.

Just wanted to record this for the sticky thread b/c it's one of the finest examples you'll ever see of a MOC DT Luke.

-Douglas

Reaction score

The repro saber link is there because we do (unfortunately) see a lot of threads started by people looking for repro DT Sabers and hopefully they'll see it. It's either put it right up front or wait for someone to post the link - it's gonna happen eventually.

I feel the same way on the issue as many others here and it's for that reason why i included the second link.

Reaction score

iHu said:
This INSANELY PRISTINE DT LUKE AFA 90 is back up for bids after some doofus accidentally BINed the last auction (for $15,000!!) with 20 bidders already on it.

Just wanted to record this for the sticky thread b/c it's one of the finest examples you'll ever see of a MOC DT Luke.

-Douglas
Doug,

You may want to save and host the image for future referance as once the auction ends, sixty days later it will be gone. As has happened on many old thread on these forums, I've just finished downloading all of Jason West's Jawa Photo's for future ref. as many times even the original hoster removes the pics.

This is to bad too as many of the pics were quite good.

Just a thought.

-John

Reaction score

hallo!
first sorry i opened a new threat about this topic! the admin told me to post this here

i didnt know that the DT figures also came out in baggies!
watch , i found 2 auctions:

1. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5981983705&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

2. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5983098836&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

is the DT luke real or just faked?
can anyone please tell me more about the bagged DT figures?

thanks guys!;)

Reaction score

The auctions were taking a while to load for me, but actually bagged DT Lukes are the most "common" figure the DT's since it came with many early bird sets. It's pretty much the reason a losse DT Luke doesn't fetch the price of a loose DT Ben or Vader. Many more exist due to them being sent out in EB kits, whereas Ben & Vader apparently only had a very, very brief carded release.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Re: BEST Steal Since the $1 Vlix

I'm sure the seller got a dozen higher offers after that auction ended. Nobody's going to get that for $300.

Reaction score

Good god man. That is the steal of the century. I wonder if the buyer will realize what he has.

John

Reaction score

JohnA said:
I wonder if the buyer will realize what he has.
Maybe he will send it to AFA for them to open so he can get a AFA Uncirculated DT Vader.

Reaction score

JohnA said:
Good god man. That is the steal of the century. I wonder if the buyer will realize what he has.

John
Oh, he does.
That's Tim (I'm forgetting the last name), who used to be tim@digitel.com (I think that was his eBay name). He does a lot of selling, and we've had a few deals through eBay. Lucky bastid.

John

Reaction score

Geostar said:
Killerbee said:
Not to confuse actual DT lightsabers, but here is a 1-5 day auction auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5983246012&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_ReBay_Pr2_PcY_BID
Did you see who has the high bid on this auction?

onetofivedaysuck with 0 feedback.

Funny!
onetofivedayauctions cancelled onetofivedaysuck's bid and reported him to ebay and the fbi as a non-paying bidder.

Oh the drama. (no offense intended)

Reaction score

Did you see who has the high bid on this auction?

onetofivedaysuck with 0 feedback.

Funny!

[/QUOTE]

onetofivedayauctions cancelled onetofivedaysuck's bid and reported him to ebay and the fbi as a non-paying bidder.

Oh the drama. (no offense intended)

[/QUOTE] [/list]

How do you know that he was reported to the FBI, was there a note, or.....

Reaction score

Yep, that's Tim with the steal of the century.
He was selling his complete collection of carded figs about 2 years ago.
He had lots of high grade stuff all AFA'd

I wouldn't be surprised if he does send this to AFA.
He won't be stupid enough to Uncirculate it though

Tim's a good guy, nice to chat with. I'm sure you DT fans could get in touch with him and ask him some Q's if you really wanted.

One last thing: The only words out my mouth when I saw that auction was... unable to type here!

It does make you feel sick inside...

Reaction score

I thought I landed a good deal when I BIN'd a 12bk Vader for $150 last week.. this is beyond incredible. I can't imagine winning this auction; all the adreneline running through your body as you make sure the words 're-seal' and 'custom' aren't in the description; then the rush to BIN the auction as fast as humanly possible.

It's also exciting to see another one of these show up. I think that makes 4 or 5 documented now. Very cool!

Phil

Reaction score

Well, I know one thing for sure - If something seems too good to be true, that's because it usually is. I wouldnt bet a nickel that the auction is 100% legitimate. Not saying it's not, but I'm not buyin' it.
And by the way, the dt saber site has to be loving all this publicity -

Tell those profit driven folks to go and take a long walk on a short dock for me, whoever you are

I despise fakes, and those who make them.
Craig

Reaction score

I just got a darth vader case from someone who was an older lady whos sons use to collect sw figures as children. in the case there were a few figures, some weapons, a lando cape, and a small brownish cape. Well, I put this small cape on a jawa and it fits perfectly. I know for a fact its not an Obi-wan cape, totally different color. I did a little research online, using that one reference site (the canadian sw collector site) about the vinyl cape jawa. And it seems to be matching the description, it makes the "zipper sound" when scratching one side of it. Its tight around the arms, it hangs low enough, and if you look closely you can see the texture that is found on the authentic cape. I'm still unsure if its original, I was wondering if i could send someone some pics of it, and they might have a better eye for it than myself, I usually deal with carded figures. If anyone can lend their expertiese that would be great. please e-mail me at househero5@aol.com. And I'll send you some pics, or if you want, include your AIM name and I can send them that way. Thanks in advance!

Reaction score

I just want to say thank you for starting this thread. It saves a bit of redundant reading on everyone's part.

I just want to say thank you for starting this thread. It saves a bit of redundant reading on everyone's part.

John

Reaction score

And I read it twice too.
Thanx John.

John