The Official NASCAR Thread (All series)

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If Bowyer had been able to catch Gordon, who knows what would have happened...
If he had done anything other than pass him, it would have been really dumb on Clint's part. He got what was coming to him for being such a punk to Jeff all year long. He wrecked Jeff and Jeff wrecked him back. To continue down that road would not be very smart for Clint at all. Eye for an eye and all that jazz...they are now even.

Reaction score
Coming up on the drop of the green flag for the 2013 season. Daytona 500 is already in the record books (Patrick on the pole!), let's see what comes next!

Reaction score
and Gordon jumps out in front at the start of the Green flag!!! Not a big Gordon fan, leave her behind!!

Reaction score
I went to the race today and it was pretty awesome. I've seen parts of a few races over the years on t.v. But it's a completely different experience in person. I really thought Danica was going to win.

Reaction score
I'll be honest, with everything that happened Saturday, I'm starting to get a little worried that Chris hasn't posted in here today or at all this weekend....

Reaction score
I think he does the whole weekend. He's probably exhausted plus he probably had to work today. Anyone see the rejection Erin Andrews put on 50 Cent? Classic!

Reaction score
Congratulations to Jimmie Johnson on winning the Daytona 500. I thought it would be him. Dale Jr. finished 2nd for the third time in four years. He had a very quiet day, but made a push to the front when it mattered the most. Danica's 8th place finish was great for someone who has so little experience in the Sprint Cup. I didn't think there was any real possibility she could win. She was in third place for most of the race. I think she could have a very good career in NASCAR and will most likely win races when she gains more experience.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I like the new cars. I hated the two car tandem racing from last year.

Last edited:

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'll be honest, with everything that happened Saturday, I'm starting to get a little worried that Chris hasn't posted in here today or at all this weekend....
Thanks for the concern! I am just fine. :) Been busy playing catch up.

The last lap wreck on Saturday happened just below where I was sitting in the Sprint Tower and the usher in my section got covered with motor oil. Pretty crazy watching all of that unfold.

No surprise, I wasn't happy with the 500 finish at all. Jeff Gordon lead a bunch and had a very capable car only to...once again, be hung out to dry by everyone in the field. I really don't understand why no one will work with a guy that is so good at taking his car to the front of the pack. Whether you are pushing him or being pushed, you know you'll get to the front, so stick with him and make something happen instead of taking it three or four wide just to ditch him!

To make matters worse, as he was fading to the back of the pack, two cars wreck in front of him and he runs smack into that mess to come home 20th. Not the great start I was hoping for considering he won the final race of 2012.

Reaction score
Congrats to Carl Edwards on the win in Phoenix. It's ironic that the Subway-sponsored car won the Subway-sponsored race. Dale Jr. had a good race finishing 5th, and led some laps. Jimmie Johnson started the season with 1st and 2nd place finishes in the first two races. He's off to a great start.

Reaction score
Thanks for the concern! I am just fine. :) Been busy playing catch up.

The last lap wreck on Saturday happened just below where I was sitting in the Sprint Tower and the usher in my section got covered with motor oil. Pretty crazy watching all of that unfold.

No surprise, I wasn't happy with the 500 finish at all. Jeff Gordon lead a bunch and had a very capable car only to...once again, be hung out to dry by everyone in the field. I really don't understand why no one will work with a guy that is so good at taking his car to the front of the pack. Whether you are pushing him or being pushed, you know you'll get to the front, so stick with him and make something happen instead of taking it three or four wide just to ditch him!

To make matters worse, as he was fading to the back of the pack, two cars wreck in front of him and he runs smack into that mess to come home 20th. Not the great start I was hoping for considering he won the final race of 2012.
Man wasn't that a scary moment on Saturday? I went down for speed week with my brother-in-law and nephew. We were just over in Roberts tower. One of the scariest things I'd ever witnessed. I agree with you about Gordon. As to why nobody has picked up on that on the track I have no idea. We drove down with a 5th wheel and stayed at the KOA and I've got to say we could not have been made feel more welcome. "Nascar Unites" isn't just a saying it's a way of life. We met some awesome new friends and had the time of our lives.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Man wasn't that a scary moment on Saturday? I went down for speed week with my brother-in-law and nephew. We were just over in Roberts tower. One of the scariest things I'd ever witnessed. I agree with you about Gordon. As to why nobody has picked up on that on the track I have no idea. We drove down with a 5th wheel and stayed at the KOA and I've got to say we could not have been made feel more welcome. "Nascar Unites" isn't just a saying it's a way of life. We met some awesome new friends and had the time of our lives.

So glad to hear that you guys enjoyed yourselves! Yes, NASCAR is super fan friendly.

Reaction score
Thanks Chris. It sure is fan friendly. I could not have asked to meet friendlier people. I was fortunate enough to have met Tony Stewart in 2011 when he was racing at a local sprint car track at Ohsweken. We had a meet and greet with pictures and autographs before the race. What made a lasting impression with me was that there was a little blind boy(8-9yrs old) there. Tony took the time to sit down and have the little fella interview him with his digital recorder. Being pics were useless to the little man he's got the interview. It was a fantastic gesture on Tony's part. He spent about 20 minutes with the little guy.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
NRA 500 at Texas Motorspeedway

Geez, Jeff Gordon's bad luck continues. He was about to pass Kyle for second last night and very well could have gotten to Truex and battled for the lead until his wheel hub broke. I mean...what are the odds? Just when you think they might be turning this frustrating start to the 2013 season around, stuff like this happens. Seems like this is every year for the last several seasons now.

Reaction score
I know there are some folks that are far more into/involved in the NASCAR series that just a casual fan like me, so I'm asking for some information.

With the penalties coming down on Matt Kenseth, I want to know, are teams somehow barred from working on factory-delivered engines? If I knew that, essentially, my livelihood relied on something assembled by a corporate engineering dept, as soon a I took delivery, I'd be looking to tear it apart and go over it piece by piece. Is there any rules that would have prevented JGR from checking on their TRD engines when they uncrated them?

Reaction score
Wow, no posts in nearly a year? I know there are NASCAR fans around here! Y'all need to show back up so I can whoop and holler about Jr winning his second Daytona 500 last night. No asterisk for rain-shortened, no tricky last-second moves, no "last man standing" after the Big One. He had the dominant car for the last 60-70 laps and he put it in the winner's circle. That's how it's done, boys and girls!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Anyone else going crazy with no NASCAR racing on the last six weeks? It's literally the only thing I turn the TV on for.

I have to say though, I've thoroughly been enjoying the eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series that a lot of the drivers have been participating in. That simulator looks incredibly real and it's great to see them airing it on FOX.

With 36 races to complete and only 4 done so far, this will mean several double race weeks for a bit to catch up and now it looks like when they do return to the track, it will be with no spectators for a while.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
William Byron scores his second Pro Invitational iRacing Series victory in a row today.

These iRacing Series races are so much fun to watch, but I would like to see them last a bit longer. Today's race was only 150 laps, so while fantastic, it wasn't a very long broadcast.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Jeff Gordon returns to the track this Sunday! It looks like he'll be competing in the eNASCAR Pro Invitational iRacing Series race at Talladega Superspeedway rather than just calling it with Mike Joy as he's done for FOX the previous four races.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It looks like North Wilkesboro is making a triumphant return to hosting the next eNASCAR Pro Invitational iRacing Series race. Jeff Gordon even mentioned that he might participate in the race too...very cool!

In other news, NASCAR returns to real racing at Darlington Raceway on May 17th with no spectators, no practice and no qualifying. Teams will unload and race. This should be quite interesting.

DateSeriesVenueDistanceNetworkStart
Sun., May 17Cup SeriesDarlington400 milesFOX3:30 p.m. ET
Tue., May 19Xfinity SeriesDarlington200 milesFS18 p.m. ET
Wed., May 20Cup SeriesDarlington500 kmFS17:30 p.m. ET
Sun., May 24Cup SeriesCharlotte600 milesFOX6 p.m. ET
Mon., May 25Xfinity SeriesCharlotte300 milesFS17:30 p.m. ET
Tue., May 26Gander TrucksCharlotte200 milesFS18 p.m. ET
Wed., May 27Cup SeriesCharlotte500 kmFS18 p.m. ET

Reaction score
It looks like North Wilkesboro is making a triumphant return to hosting the next eNASCAR Pro Invitational iRacing Series race. Jeff Gordon even mentioned that he might participate in the race too...very cool!

In other news, NASCAR returns to real racing at Darlington Raceway on May 17th with no spectators, no practice and no qualifying. Teams will unload and race. This should be quite interesting.

DateSeriesVenueDistanceNetworkStart
Sun., May 17Cup SeriesDarlington400 milesFOX3:30 p.m. ET
Tue., May 19Xfinity SeriesDarlington200 milesFS18 p.m. ET
Wed., May 20Cup SeriesDarlington500 kmFS17:30 p.m. ET
Sun., May 24Cup SeriesCharlotte600 milesFOX6 p.m. ET
Mon., May 25Xfinity SeriesCharlotte300 milesFS17:30 p.m. ET
Tue., May 26Gander TrucksCharlotte200 milesFS18 p.m. ET
Wed., May 27Cup SeriesCharlotte500 kmFS18 p.m. ET
I'm going to have to watch that North Wilkesboro race. I miss that track. I almost went there back in the 90s but went to Martinsville instead.

Tap'd from my iPhone XR

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Really, really enjoyed seeing a live NASCAR race yesterday at Darlington Raceway. It had been 71 days since the last one was run. Kevin Harvick wins his 50th Cup race and does it in front of a crowd of zero.

Looking forward to another round at Darlington Raceway on Wednesday night!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
There has really been some great racing the last week or two. Great seeing Chase Elliott beat Kyle Busch last night in the Truck race after Kyle took him out in the Coca-Cola 600 last Sunday!

Tonight, the NASCAR Cup Series returns to Charlotte for a 500 kilometer race on FoxSports 1.

Reaction score
I've enjoyed watching the races recently. Especially the Truck Race, theat's the first Truck Race I've ever paid attention to. Very entertaining!

Can't wait for Hockey to come back!!!