THE OFFICIAL CLONE WARS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: NEW CLONE WARS TRAILER

I got TCW preview before Indy 4. Now I saw Indy 4 on its release date so I think theaters rotate their trailers especially once a movie has been out a while. My father went to see Indy 4 two weeks after it's release and he didn't get the trailer either.

Reaction score

Well, hopefully all my extra, hard work this summer will have paid off, and I earned enough $$$ for everything I want to get on July 26th.

There is a checklist for all the Clone Wars toys coming out posted on Rebelscum today:
Christmas in July

Does anybody think it will be hard to find the Big Millennium Falcon after the 26th, or should I make sure to get it that day?

Do they come out on the night of the 25th (you know, right at midnight), or the night of the 26th? Gotta just verify that, since I get a little confused.

Reaction score

JediShua said:
Do they come out on the night of the 25th (you know, right at midnight), or the night of the 26th? Gotta just verify that, since I get a little confused.
To make it easier, the TRU in Times Square and out in San Diego will be having their MM party festivities starting at 9:00pm on Friday night.

So fast forward 3 hours from then, and that is when the doors will open.

Reaction score

I'd assume the store will open on the first minute of the 26th, but that's just me. Anyway, it's not like we have TRU over here or anything...

Reaction score
Re: NEW CLONE WARS CRAWL

Womp_aka_Mike said:
Murray1134 said:
I'm thinking the movie will have a crawl, but the show will not. Probably a voice over or a "last time on Clone Wars.."

Do you think it will have a "cold" opening, like Star Trek and BSG where we have action, story and recap all before the opening credits?
Info on the crawl: http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=57570
But that's from an episode of the show

Although, when starting a new character arc, there's no reason to not have a crawl again

Reaction score

Womp_aka_Mike said:
Interesting article.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
The series will air after the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated film is released Aug. 15. The show and will run for 22 episodes on Saturdays on the Cartoon Network

[/QUOTE]

I thought the episodes were going to premiere on Fridays?

Reaction score

Jedi_Justin said:
Maybe the Saturday reference in the article was a typo?
It was. Numerous sources have stated Friday. In addition, a George Lucas interview quoted him as saying Friday.

Reaction score

What do you guys think the chances of having the tv series streamed over the web are? Is this something that Cartoon Network does for other shows? Maybe via the newly redesigned StarWars.com?

Reaction score

Cartoon Network offers limited-time streaming, where certain episodes are only available on their site for a few weeks. As for TNT, they only stream full episodes of two shows. But I'm hoping they stream the HD TCW episodes on their site (seeing as they're the HD distributor for the TV).

Reaction score

jedinick1138 said:
What do you guys think the chances of having the tv series streamed over the web are? Is this something that Cartoon Network does for other shows? Maybe via the newly redesigned StarWars.com?
A good idea, but not for my tastes.

I would rather sit in front of my big HDTV and experience TCW in all its uncompressed 1080p HD glory (providing it is broadcast as such) and lossless audio track.

Just my opinion of course...

Reaction score

Topic deviation: Ahsoka Tano
Inspired by: "Clone Wars' Baby Jedi Is Marked For Death" at io9.com

What's the point? Sure, Anakin gets a padawan to teach him responsibility. Okay, great, but we know her real purpose is to add to Anakin feeling responsible for his troops and loved ones. Give him attachments so he feels he needs to stop people from dying. Awesome.

So, what purpose did Shmi and Padme -- along with the obvious display at the Battle of Coruscant when Obi stopped Ani from going back for Oddball and company -- really have? It's already plainly obvious that Anakin has issues with this, especially if you only watch the films. For those of us who enjoy the EU, it's painfully obvious.

I for one do not think Ahsoka needs to be in this project. I can't see what purpose she serves other than to recycle the same point we've already had driven in by three prequel films.

[/soap box]

Reaction score

Jedi_Justin said:
jedinick1138 said:

I would rather sit in front of my big HDTV and experience TCW in all its uncompressed 1080p HD glory (providing it is broadcast as such) and lossless audio track.

Of course that would be my first option too, but unfortunately I don't know if I will have regular access to a tv during the fall (much less HD)
. Streaming episodes online would probably be my best option.

Reaction score

Jedi_Justin said:
jedinick1138 said:

Well, obviously you can still do that. We're talking about a separate option for watching the episodes after they originally air.

Reaction score

MasterRawas said:
Well, obviously you can still do that. We're talking about a separate option for watching the episodes after they originally air.
I was already aware of what you were talking about as that being another viewing option.

Reaction score

You said it, LMB!

The next 30 days are gonna be huge. We get The Dark Knight on Friday, Midnight Madness on the 26th, then TCW on the 15th!

Reaction score

Someone might have asked this question already. Will anyone on the LI area going to be lining up at any TRU on midnight madness. LEt me know. Thanks

Reaction score

Darth_Hirsch said:
Someone might have asked this question already. Will anyone on the LI area going to be lining up at any TRU on midnight madness. LEt me know. Thanks
My wife and I will be attending the MM festivities at the Times Square TRU on Friday night. We should be getting into the city at around 7:00 or so.

Reaction score

My local TRU is doing the MM however they said no costumes
But it is still looking to be a blast, I can't wait to check out the BMF and AT-TE up close.

Reaction score

Murray1134 said:
They said no costumes, really?
That's very odd indeed.

So if you arrive dressed as a Clone Trooper or Jedi, you will not be allowed inside to make a purchase?

Reaction score

Jedi_Justin said:
Murray1134 said:
That's very odd indeed.

So if you arrive dressed as a Clone Trooper or Jedi, you will not be allowed inside to make a purchase?

Reaction score

Jedi_Justin said:
Murray1134 said:
That's very odd indeed.

That's what they said. I asked them ahead of time to make sure it wasn't an issue. Store Manager said something about worried about masks or something like that. It sucks, but I'm sure they will hear about the fun going on at other TRU's and how they missed out on it.

Reaction score

Murray1134 said:
It sucks, but I'm sure they will hear about the fun going on at other TRU's and how they missed out on it.
Considering the store in Times Square is holding a costume contest as part of their MM festivities, I bet you're right.

Tough luck on their part I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.