THE OFFICIAL CLONE WARS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: NEW CLONE WARS TRAILER

General Grievous has been in every single trailer that we have seen. When was it said that he wouldn't be in it?

Edit: OK, I just heard where Steve says it. But that makes no sense. It sounded like he was talking about the teaser shown at CIV. why would the movie trailer have elements not shown in the film? Are you even allowed to do that?

Reaction score

Jamit said:
why would the movie trailer have elements not shown in the film? Are you even allowed to do that?
Yes. Sometimes deleted scenes end up in movie trailers. The trailer is usually constructed from the dailies and not the final film, so anything is game and possibly included or excluded from the final cut. That's why the film soundtrack (usually the last thing done before film release) is not what you hear on the trailer.

From the capitalist standpoint, the image of Grevious is fresh in everyone's minds from ROTS, and while not entirely ethical, it makes great marketing sense to show the General to spark interest based on memory of the last SW outing.

Reaction score

It's possible that Lucasfilm is using the trailers to do double duty. First off as a teaser to the upcoming movie, but also as a teaser for the TV show. So, it's possible we may be seeing scenes from both.

Reaction score

Less than a month to go before TCW toys hit retail shevles, and STILL no word about any TRU/Target/Walmart Midnight Madness festivities.

Reaction score

How about at the theaters. Will their be midnight showings or are we all going to line up for shows at noon.

Reaction score

I went back and watched both MOVIE trailers and only caught a brief glimpse of Grievous standing with Dooku. He may not even talk in that scene. The older preview that was shown at C4 sure sounded like Matthew Wood to me. But, who knows?

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score

Jamit said:
JediShua said:
I went back and watched both MOVIE trailers and only caught a brief glimpse of Grievous standing with Dooku. He may not even talk in that scene. The older preview that was shown at C4 sure sounded like Matthew Wood to me. But, who knows?
Can anyone make out who this guy is flying the ship?

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/236/millenniumfalcontheclonmy5.png

Looks like Arnold Schwarzenegger's Terminator

Reaction score

Looks like it COULD be Greivous, but I highly doubt that. The face is not exactly right. I doubt Plo Koon either, he seems to be missing Plo's extra face-greeblies.

Greivous's Bodyguards? Some other droid?

Reaction score

MasterRawas said:
It's Plo Koon.
What makes you say that? I don't see Plo Koon at all. Wouldn't he be in a Jedi ship?

Reaction score

Murray1134 said:
Looks like it COULD be Greivous, but I highly doubt that. The face is not exactly right. I doubt Plo Koon either, he seems to be missing Plo's extra face-greeblies.

Greivous's Bodyguards? Some other droid?
It's definitely a Magnaguard. And don't forget the P-38 is now being sold as the Magnaguard fighter:

Reaction score

Darth_Hirsch said:
How about at the theaters. Will their be midnight showings or are we all going to line up for shows at noon.
Hopefully we get this information as the release date draws closer.

If I remember correctly, the show times for Indy weren't released until about 3 weeks before the premiere on May 22nd.

Reaction score

The official site's blog has updated with a new story following the Clone Wars from NY Times. Pretty interesting and worth checking out. Even includes audio of Lucas talking about the different aspects.

Reaction score

Hip Hip Hooray!

Now I just need one of my TRU's to participate.
Could anyone find the list of stores that are doing midnite madness?
Still, so awesome to know!

Reaction score

Ah what a great wednesday! Now I just have to wait a few more weeks.

Reaction score

I am so geeked up for this MM party. My wife and I will be attending the festivities in Times Square.

I'll be sure to provide a report on the party and of course loads of pics!

Reaction score

Jedi_Justin said:
I am so geeked up for this MM party. My wife and I will be attending the festivities in Times Square.

Bring your laptop, hop on some free Wi-Fi, and you can give us a live report.

Reaction score

MasterRawas said:
Jedi_Justin said:

Bring your laptop, hop on some free Wi-Fi, and you can give us a live report.
Laptop in NYC at midnight = bad idea.

Plus, I'll be buying loads of stuff, so I'm gonna need my hands/shoulders to be as free as possible for all the bags.

Reaction score

There's a new behind the scenes w/ Dave Filoni on TOS. It's pretty interesting. he talks about how George wanted the clones to be more like real characters and not just all the same.
Definately getting me psyched up more for the movie and show.

Reaction score

Hey, First shot of ACTUAL Rotta!
Right here!

Great site there! So much downloadable content (after you sign up) - and their youtube page - LOVE IT!

Oh, and does anyone know who are those people in the yellow jumpsuit in the latest webdoc?
They're there when all the clones are discussing "That sounds alot, even for a Jedi"

Anyone?

Reaction score

Wow - talk about fast.

Our good buddy Dan Curto has revealed over on RS that TCW movie will hit DVD on November 18th .

The TV series will begin on October 3rd .

Reaction score

Jedi_Justin said:
Wow - talk about fast.

Our good buddy Dan Curto has revealed over on RS that TCW movie will hit DVD on November 18th .

The TV series will begin on October 3rd .
Which means by September 2010, we'll likely see Season One on DVD... and by 2012 we'll see TCW the movie super special souped up edition with special extras you'll never see on TV!!!

Good news, though. Thanks for the update!

Reaction score
Re: NEW CLONE WARS CRAWL

shazbazzar said:
I wonder if the Clone Wars will have a crawl at the beginning?
It'd better! It's bad enough that we won't get the Fox fanfare...

Reaction score

Quite honestly, I don't believe it will have the crawl.

As of Wizard World Chicago, Steve Sansweet had yet to see the finished film, but he questioned whether or not the crawl will be there.

My gut tells me there will be no crawl.

Reaction score

JimmyMac said:
...My gut tells me there will be no crawl.
Though it's one more thing that won't be "Star Wars", I don't believe there will be one either. It's Star Wars, but in a way we've never seen before...
...no 21st Century Fox.
...no John Williams score.
...no live action.
...but lots and lots of clones, Jedi, and Star Wars excitement!

I'm pumped, crawl or no crawl.
After all, I liked the first Clone Wars series -- intro and all!

Reaction score

shazbazzar said:
JimmyMac said:
...My gut tells me there will be no crawl.
Though it's one more thing that won't be "Star Wars", I don't believe there will be one either. It's Star Wars, but in a way we've never seen before...
...no 21st Century Fox.
...no John Williams score.
...no live action.
...but lots and lots of clones, Jedi, and Star Wars excitement!

I'm pumped, crawl or no crawl.
After all, I liked the first Clone Wars series -- intro and all!
That made me think; in a way, Yoda's spoken narration in the first episode of the Clone Wars is pretty much equivalent to the opening crawl in the films, don't you think?

Reaction score

I'm thinking the movie will have a crawl, but the show will not. Probably a voice over or a "last time on Clone Wars.."

Do you think it will have a "cold" opening, like Star Trek and BSG where we have action, story and recap all before the opening credits?

Reaction score
Re: NEW CLONE WARS NEWS

I was over at Ain't It Cool News and they have an article in their Coaxial section about an episode of Clone Wars being screened for members of the media by Cartoon Network. They have some links to some news stories already hitting the Internet. Beware of some spoilers as there is a minor episode description. The reviews seem to be positive.

Original story: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37423

Links to the other three sites:
http://www.thrfeed.com/2008/07/first-look-clon.html

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2008/07/tca-star-wars-t.html

http://www.premiumhollywood.com/2008/07/11/we-interrupt-our-chronological-coverage-of-the-tca-press-tour/

Reaction score
Re: NEW CLONE WARS NEWS

I tried to post this last night, but RS and TF.N were freaking out.

I was watching TV and I saw a TV spot for TCW! No real new footage, mostly just re-edits of what's in the trailers we've seen. Pretty exciting though.

Potential Spoilers I guess, that is assuming you haven't seen the trailers, but if you haven't seen the trailers why are you reading this forum?

As far as I can remember, it started by irising into the "vertical" battle, and inbetween shots from the various trailers there was writing similar to the leaked trailer saying something to the effect of "Star Wars returns to the theater. See the untold story on the big screen."

I was excited.

Reaction score

IGN got a sneak peek at a completed episode of The Clone Wars. If you want to check out their impressions, good and bad, check out the article here

Reaction score

I went to go see Indy 4 today and expected to see the Clone Wars trailer but I didn't. What movies can I expect to see the trailer at?

Reaction score

Daniel0605 said:
I went to go see Indy 4 today and expected to see the Clone Wars trailer but I didn't.
That's because Indy is released by Paramount; TCW is released by Warner Brothers.

Status
Not open for further replies.