THE OFFICIAL CLONE WARS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: NEW CLONE WARS TRAILER

How do you kidnap a Hutt?! Trailer looks great!

Reaction score

Was that awesome or what? Loved the trailer, it definitely has that Star Wars "feel" to it! I think the use of the "Tales of a Jedi Knight" musical cue at the beggining is what made it feel like a movie trailer. And was it me, or was there new music featured? I can't wait to see this on the big screen!

Reaction score

I'm trying to figure out how to DL the video in mp4 quality (like I used to do), but the new Youtube interface is making it hard to find the right button. Regardless, great video. TCW looks very promising!

Reaction score

Looks like Obi-Wan is gonna be another bad dude in TCW, just like he was throughout the PT.

I cannot wait!

- Justin

Reaction score

I love it when a new Star Wars trailer comes out! Very cool looking.

Did anyone else think it was a bit weird to see the Warner Brothers logo instead of 20th Century Fox?

Reaction score

Pretty sweet. It got me watching other content, on the official site, including "The TFU Experience."

Two observations:
1. Darths Desolous and Phobos are pre-TPM Sith Lords. The line to the effect of "thousands of Jedi feared the name Darth Desolous" and that they are spirits points me to this. That means they aren't Darths of the Week.

2. LFL has stated that Vader cannot use Force Lightning due to not having natural arms. Why is he able to use it in the Bespin duel in the "epic movie duels" on the PSP version? Are plot shields running at full strength here, or did the game designers make an oopsie?

Cheers.

Reaction score

Jabba's animation just looked downright sick.

The brief glimpse of the Obi-Wan/Ventress duel made the hair stand up on the back of my neck.

- Justin

Reaction score

Now that was excellent. But the Warner Brothers logo at the beginning looked wrong. I don't know what has me excited more: a new SW movie at the theater, or the fact the TV series will look like this? WOW!

Only have two questions:

Was that SLJ I heard as the voice of Mace Windu?

Is this the trailer that will be placed with Speed Racer, or was this something completely different?

Reaction score

MasterRawas said:
Jedi_Justin said:
I'm pretty sure most of us have already seen THAT. We're speculating as to whether or not he actually IS the voice.
Easy there, youngling. I was posting it in case LMB didn't see it in the first place.

Just helping a guy out - I didn't automatically assume he saw it like you did.

- Justin

Reaction score

Jedi_Justin said:
MasterRawas said:
Jedi_Justin said:
I'm pretty sure most of us have already seen THAT. We're speculating as to whether or not he actually IS the voice.
Easy there, youngling. I was posting it in case LMB didn't see it in the first place.

Just helping a guy out - I didn't automatically assume he saw it like you did.

- Justin

Thanks Justin, I've seen it too.

I went back again and listened to see if it was him (as if I needed another reason to watch it
). If it is not him, they found someone who sounds very close. Also if I'm not mistaken, they have someone new doing Asajj Ventress' voice or they had the actress change the tone of her voice.
Either way, I'm glad. That was not one of my favorite voices. Got on my nerves actually.

Reaction score

Satka said:
nate_the_great said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePdRjB-JkOE

There's the direct link. Watch it before it gets pulled!
BLASTED time zones!!!
I'm out a few hours, and when I come back, and see this thread, the video is no more!

Well, I'll start googling it...
I thought that would happen. I still have the trailer active on another tab. I'll at least have it till I power down the computer.

Reaction score

Ok, I saw it!

You were right. I could feel waves of shivers running down my spine, that particular excitement only one thing can provide: a new installment of a SW chapter!

Thank the Maker, again and again

Reaction score

Satka said:
Thank the Maker, again and again
Another reason to wait outside your local movie theater for an insanley LONG period of time.

But don't ya just love it?

- Justin

Reaction score

lost_mario_bro said:
I thought that would happen. I still have the trailer active on another tab. I'll at least have it till I power down the computer.
Well I just saved it on disk.
But I don't know if I can share it without risking a sanction from above ...

Reaction score

Obiglennkenobi said:
Hehe ... That will save me the trouble of putting it online then

Thanks for my conscience!

On a side note, that will also save me from going to see Speed Racer (supposing the CW trailer is also attached to that movie in France when it's out!), I didn't really like the Speed Racer trailer (and was not a big fan of the Matrix trilogy btw, but this is major digression)

Reaction score

That one is down now to, you got a link to the one you watched there Satka?

Reaction score

MasterRawas said:
Jedi_Justin said:
Easy there, youngling.
Why do they always bring age into it when they can't think of a suitable reason for debating what I say?
Relax. Um, maybe because you are a young kid?

And there is no "suitable reason to debate" what you said. You replied to my post that I originally sent to LMB, assuming that he already knew about the SLJ Clone Wars article.

I merely provided info to LMB that I thought he might find useful - you did not need to reply back to it the way you did. I'm happy you already knew about it.

There is no debate here.

- Justin

Reaction score

Jedi_Justin said:
maybe because you are a young kid?
I disagree. I'm only a year away from not being a kid, and therefore am nowhere near a suitable age for being called a "youngling". If you want, I can look up the age at which Jedi younglings outgrow the name. I guess I just don't appreciate the unintentional condescension.

Jedi_Justin said:
assuming that he already knew about the SLJ Clone Wars article.
I have actually discussed this very subject with LMB on Ustream, as well as on the forums. We talked about it shortly after it was mentioned on the Force-Cast. So I think I'm justified in "assuming" that he already knew about it.

Reaction score

MasterRawas said:
I have actually discussed this very subject with LMB on Ustream, as well as on the forums. We talked about it shortly after it was mentioned on the Force-Cast.
Sorry, guess I should have subconciously known about this conversation you had when I sent LMB the info.

My bad.

To quote from your sig: "This party's over".

- Justin

Reaction score

Jedi_Justin said:
Sorry, guess I should have subconciously known about this conversation you had when I sent LMB the info.
I would never ask you to read minds. I just wanted you to know why I didn't give him the link and why I carried on as if he must already know.

But you're right, we should just end this.

Move along, move along.

Reaction score

It's completely gone now and I haven't seen it! What is up with dat?

I got out of bed to come down to the computer, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.