THE OFFICIAL CLONE WARS THREAD PART 2

Reaction score
Now, we know that Jabba is in TCW movie. I was listening to the ROTJ commentary this morning and Lucas mentions how Jabba used to be a much larger character in the various script versions, but he kept getting pushed out by other factors. It made me think of him being included in TCW. How do we think this will affect his appearance and death in ROTJ?

Personally, I think this is a good thing because the beginning Jabba scenes in ROTJ have always felt a little off to me.

What does everyone else think? How will this affect your viewing of ROTJ?

Reaction score
In his review said:
...and Mace is still too full of himself
Harsh! You only say that because you know if Mace read that review, he'd slice off your head.

(Here come the ROTS jokes...Yep, on the horizon...any minute now...)

Reaction score
Who needs Dan; I just saw an advance screening! It was great!!

A review will be posted shortly...

Reaction score
MasterRawas said:
In his review said:
...and Mace is still too full of himself
Harsh! You only say that because you know if Mace read that review, he'd slice off your head.

(Here come the ROTS jokes...Yep, on the horizon...any minute now...)
"I really need that transfer to the Death Star..."

Reaction score
Alright, it's official--I'm going to a local theater for a midnight showing of TCW. I hope I run into at least one Force-Cast listener. I would wear my FC t-shirt, but for two reasons. First of all, it's signed, so I can't wash it. And secondly, I already have the TCW troopers t-shirt from StarWarsShop.com. But to make up for it, I'll wear my Force-Cast hat. I hope Jason and Pete do live coverage of the lines outside theaters on Thursday night. After all, they might not even be in line, having already seen the film in a special "press sneak" (check out Twitter for that). Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know about that, in case you happen to be in my part of Maryland this week.

Reaction score
MasterRawas said:
Alright, it's official--I'm going to a local theater for a midnight showing of TCW. I hope I run into at least one Force-Cast listener. I would wear my FC t-shirt, but for two reasons. First of all, it's signed, so I can't wash it. And secondly, I already have the TCW troopers t-shirt from StarWarsShop.com. But to make up for it, I'll wear my Force-Cast hat. I hope Jason and Pete do live coverage of the lines outside theaters on Thursday night. After all, they might not even be in line, having already seen the film in a special "press sneak" (check out Twitter for that). Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know about that, in case you happen to be in my part of Maryland this week.

Where you going to see it? I was invited to a sneak peak in Baltimore yesterday morning but couldn't get out of work. (Had used up all of my days off when the baby came) Want to go to either Lowes in White Marsh or Regal Cinemas in Abingdon but I don't see any midnight showtimes! One of the two better have a midnight screening for my wife is going away for a few days on Friday and I'll be damned if I'm waiting till she gets back...which brings me to my other point...Anyone know a good babysitter?

Reaction score
Prediction times. We've already had a thread on predicting what will be the final box office total (BTW I am a tiny bit more optimistic then I was two months ago, so I'm revising my prediction to about $150 mil. U.S. at the end of CW’s run). So, now as we are just days away from release I took a look at what the August opening records are. The #1 best opening of all time belongs to The Bourne Ultimatum at a little over 69 mil. released on August 3, 2007.

Now what does everyone think.

1. Will CW set a new record for opening weekends in the Month of August?

2. If not what do you think will be this weekend’s final numbers?

3. Will The Dark Knight cut into CW box office (Example, the casual fan will skip CW for a third, fourth, or even fifth viewing of TDK)?

My predictions

1. Sadly no.

2. 35 to 45 mil.

3. Very little.

Reaction score
JediMasterMike said:
Where you going to see it?
I'm seeing it in a local Bethesda theater (UA Regal Bethesda 10). I doubt anyone in the Bethesda area listens to the Force-Cast, but I expect a nice turnout of general SW fans. Of course I'll tell all of them to listen to the show.

Reaction score
lost_mario_bro said:
...I am a tiny bit more optimistic then I was two months ago...
I'm less so. There's not nearly enough hype (imagine that, SW without hype). Our theatres aren't even holding midnight showings. I wonder if CW will even blip on the local radar. If it's that bad here, what will the nation prove?

No one even knows it's coming out Friday except when I tell them. Am I in a warp or something?

Reaction score
shazbazzar said:
lost_mario_bro said:
...I am a tiny bit more optimistic then I was two months ago...
I'm less so. There's not nearly enough hype (imagine that, SW without hype). Our theatres aren't even holding midnight showings. I wonder if CW will even blip on the local radar. If it's that bad here, what will the nation prove?

No one even knows it's coming out Friday except when I tell them. Am I in a warp or something?
I think the hype for CW is a little missing in action in many places for several reasons. I think part of the hype was swallowed up by Lucasfilms' other behemoth Indiana Jones. Aside from Indy another big slice of the remaining box office hype has been taken by Iron Man. On top of all that we have the phenomenon that is The Dark Knight. TDK has now been in first place for four straight weeks. If you look at some of the entertainment news shows on right now they are still talking about TDK, then they are mentioning what the new releases are almost as an after thought.

Now as for the absence of midnight showings. If you go to boxofficemojo.com and look at opening weekends all time for the month of August you will find that August is not the greatest month for opening weekends. Also the big money makers for this month are usually released the first weekend of the month. Then August has another bad distinction. From the middle of the month to the end of September is the period of time studios usually send movies to die. CW has the problem of opening right in the middle of the month.

In the end it is Star Wars so none of that might matter. CW is opening in more than 3,300 theaters. One way or the other though, we are going to find just how big and strong the fan community is.

Reaction score
Must live in a small town. I have about 10 theaters near me and they're all having midnight shows.

Reaction score
Hey for the guys who have seen the movie. Is it 2 hours like ofically reported or hour and a half that is reported now the theforce.net

Reaction score
Ashoka said:
Must see for our President! Mace SPeaks!
Wow! "I'll take care of this." Mace must see some serious action in this thing. Could it be that animating him is easier than have Samuel L. play him? NEVER!

Ashoka said:
Remember to get your Soundtracks
Mine just shipped via Amazon. Hopefully it will be here by the end of the week.

Reaction score
Darth_Hirsch said:
Hey for the guys who have seen the movie. Is it 2 hours like ofically reported or hour and a half that is reported now the theforce.net
Would you believe I'm not sure? I didn't really look at my watch when the movie ended. It felt more like 90 minutes than 120, though.

Jovial_Jay

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Darth_Hirsch said:
It's about 1h 40m. Now there was one trailer in front, plus an ad, so the total running time could be closer to 1h 30m.

Reaction score
Pop Rock Pop Culture Blog reviews TCW (spolier free!)
I have a feeling I'm going to agree with this review

Much like I did for Indy 4 I'm going to put myself back in time to being a 12 year old kid while watching this.

Reaction score
Dex1138 said:
Pop Rock Pop Culture Blog reviews TCW (spolier free!)
I have a feeling I'm going to agree with this review

Much like I did for Indy 4 I'm going to put myself back in time to being a 12 year old kid while watching this.
I really liked this review. I felt that they understood what TCW was going for and how to approach reviewing it.

Reaction score
Lss than 7 hours till showtime. As Phil Collins said. I've been waiting for this moment all my life. OR at least the last two months.