The next big ticket item?

Reaction score
I missed out on the Sail Barge because at the time did not have the extra $500 expendable to drop on it. I regret it every time i see an image of it though. I think the HasLab projects don't necessarily have to always be that big to be exciting projects. And smaller/less expensive items would probably pull in even more people... like me. Someone on Youtube was speculating a possible Cantina which would be very popular idea. But others like Sandcrawler, Carbon Freeze chamber, Emperor's Throne Room, proper sized Republic Gunship, Razorcrest, Imperial Shuttle, Dagobah playset, would all be cool ones to target before doing anything ST.

Reaction score
My Marvel Legends Sentinel has sound effects and I think it's awesome because of it. The best part about the PowerFX X-Wing was the light up engines. Let's not forget all the cool features on the BMF.....so yeah, count me in the group that thinks you could have thrown a small speaker and soundchip in the Sail Barge to play lines of dialogue from the movie or even just some band music. It wouldn't have changed anything about the overall look of the piece. There's clearly room for it....there's a hatch in the floor that was almost designed for it.

Reaction score
Actually when you hear people calling for sound clips of course they are playing with the toy. I have also seen several people talking about play value. I know you read those same posts.
Oh I'm sorry, do sounds just ruin the vehicle for you? They add nothing of value? PLAY value has always been a thing in action figures, vehicles and playsets. Just because there are probably more adult collectors now than ever before doesn't meant they don't appreciate these things or that toys aren't still designed for kids in the end. I'd also point out that most adult collectors in the modern era were kids in the 80s and 90s and absolutely loved the bells and whistles of toys in the first place. This is why they are appreciate it in modern toys, but I shouldn't have to explain myself. I certainly don't feel guilty revealing to you that I'm one who loves sounds and play value. Eat it up!

Last edited:
Reaction score
i was hoping we'd see Haslab alternating year by year size wise. We got a large vehicle, the barge. follow that up with an small playset or a 10 pack of aliens from the Cantina or Jabba's palace. Keep in mind I'm talking about backgrounders that we'd never see at retail ever. Then the following year release the Cantina or Jabba's palace. To have nothing offered at this point is a wasted opportunity by Hasbro/Disney.

Cost has nothing to do with it, i just want figures/playsets that are never going to see the light of day at retail.

Haslab had a lot of buzz from fans right after the barge, and what did they do after that for SW? absolutely nothing, no plan for Star Wars.
Cookie Monster!? and IMO a very dull, lackluster looking Transformer. Not surprised though, this is exactly what i expected.
I'd appreciate this approach as it would keep us super interested in what's to come, keep us further invested in the hobby, and allow fans to save up for the bigger items every other year. Playsets would be my preferred way to go, but I'd take some awesome select figure packs that wouldn't make it to retail otherwise. I feel like I'm pitching this to Hasbro in their business department - I wonder how lucrative they think Star Wars is within the HasLab umbrella? You'd think everything I just said would have been mentioned at business meetings, but it feels like Hasbro is so completely disconnected from their fans that it sends the message that "they" know what's best and all their proffering at Toy Fairs is just a farce to keep us at bay. They'd have built-in ideas if they simply took the time (like ANY wise company should) to gauge the pulse of their various communities, especially TVC, to coordinate projects. I can only imagine that most people working in these departments have little to know about toys, Star Wars itself as a brand, have a grasp on the history of collecting Star Wars in general, and are simply put in place to make cold business decisions, rather than informed business decisions.

Reaction score
I missed out on the Sail Barge because at the time did not have the extra $500 expendable to drop on it. I regret it every time i see an image of it though. I think the HasLab projects don't necessarily have to always be that big to be exciting projects. And smaller/less expensive items would probably pull in even more people... like me. Someone on Youtube was speculating a possible Cantina which would be very popular idea. But others like Sandcrawler, Carbon Freeze chamber, Emperor's Throne Room, proper sized Republic Gunship, Razorcrest, Imperial Shuttle, Dagobah playset, would all be cool ones to target before doing anything ST.
I’m all in for that cantina. That’s a winner. Hasbro I imagine should
know that is a very wanted item by fans and collectors. Hasbro could also make wave after wave of figures that people would want for there cantinas. 😀

Reaction score
I often wondered if the barge was a resurrected plan that Hasbro wanted to get out before the license potentially expired. They seem to come out of nowhere w/ the announcement in 2018 TF but due to current environment of retail sales, they developed haslab to produce it. If so, there has been rumors of the cantina dispenser set and 6" scale X-wing plans several years back but no retail plans established. So I am curious if either could be the next SW item offered through haslab. I imagine a 6" scale X-wing could start out w/ basic sculpt blueprints from the large heroes X-wing, but heavily retooled for maximum articulation/electronics. I'd easily pass on 6" anything but a 3.75" scale cantina dispenser, especially w/ 1 or both Tonnika sisters (carded or not) added would be so AWESOME. I'd sell as much blood I can to help pay for that since I had to pass on the barge due to timing of gathering the funds.

Reaction score
I’m all in for that cantina. That’s a winner. Hasbro I imagine should
know that is a very wanted item by fans and collectors. Hasbro could also make wave after wave of figures that people would want for there cantinas. 😀
I mean hey, (Mandalorian SPOILER)

It's in the Mando! Now that's TWO pieces of media with it featured, including something very current, alongside ANH. It felt a little emptier this time around, which felt organic, like it's now a dive bar instead of happening saloon. Wish they would have stayed for a little Bith Band action...

Reaction score
Oh I'm sorry, do sounds just ruin the vehicle for you? They add nothing of value? PLAY value has always been a thing in action figures, vehicles and playsets. Just because there are probably more adult collectors now than ever before doesn't meant they don't appreciate these things or that toys aren't still designed for kids in the end. I'd also point out that most adult collectors in the modern era were kids in the 80s and 90s and absolutely loved the bells and whistles of toys in the first place. This is why they are appreciate it in modern toys, but I shouldn't have to explain myself. I certainly don't feel guilty revealing to you that I'm one who loves sounds and play value. Eat it up!
It just seems so absurd to have to have this kind of conversation with someone on a forum dedicated to toys, doesn’t it?

“Oh, these types of children’s toys are perfectly acceptable to collect as adults because I can make myself feel better by pretending they’re statues. But these ones here are stoopid cuz they make sounds, and I don’t like my children’s toys to make sounds because children’s toys that make sounds are for children, and all yous guys playing with children’s toys are doodoo heads.”

Reaction score
The Razor Crest would be cool, it just might be too recent to expect people to be willing to pay $300-$500 for it.

(Of course, people are currently paying $100-$150 for a white-box Black Series Mandalorian figure, so what do I know?)

(Oh yeah, and I just pre-ordered the Hot Toys Heavy Infantry Mandalorian for $280, so nevermind, a Razor Crest would definitely sell and I would buy it.)

What about a life-size Baby Yoda figure with his hover-stroller and blanket? With the popularity of Baby Yoda right now, that would likely get funded almost right away.

As for the Cantina, it would be a dream come true for me; but also, trying to think pragmatically, I can't imagine having enough space to properly display a Cantina playset that's actually worth $500. If Hasbro does design it, I suggest they use coffee table dimensions for the playset. Making it a square is just going to make displaying it that much more difficult. Maybe add in several, never-before-made, Cantina alien figures to sweeten the deal even more.

Reaction score
Actually when you hear people calling for sound clips of course they are playing with the toy. I have also seen several people talking about play value. I know you read those same posts.
I'm not disputing that. But you were trying to have a semantic debate over the word "playset" and how it was being used in this discussion. Same thing with "play value." I don't think that's meant to be taken literally, again, as far as this particular conversation goes.

Reaction score
I don't know why anyone wouldn't want light-up engines and sounds provided it doesn't require a compromise in accuracy of the external shape of a vehicle or something. Now, launching projectiles and NERF nonsense I can absolutely do without.

Reaction score
The Mandalorian’s ship with lights and sounds like the BMF!
Make it big and fun to play with, have the outside panels pop off so grey Jawas can strip it down.
Have the engines fire up and run but have the hyperspace button handy.
400 dollars American.

Reaction score
The Mandalorian’s ship with lights and sounds like the BMF!
Make it big and fun to play with, have the outside panels pop off so grey Jawas can strip it down.
Have the engines fire up and run but have the hyperspace button handy.
400 dollars American.
I would definitely pay $400 for such a ship as long it's not under sized like the Slave they released a few years ago. The problem is some people will complain about the price.

Reaction score
it’s got to be someone really iconic. I would say a never before made figure would be expected as well. Sisters maybe? 😀
If I had to choose one? It'd be a tough call. But those two would be my top choice over any others, due to the history.
Muftak etc. Even Wuher can be released in the basic line as fan channel Exclusives. Or as Cantina Patron(s) w/ table sets.

However, it's doubtful we'll ever see updates to any of the Cantina characters.

Are we going to get a big version of the Mandalorian's ship the Razor Crest?
I doubt we'll get a BIG version as in a HasLab release. But surely we'll get on that's similar to the Republic Gunship, hopefully.
Though they could always go the cheaper route and make it in the "Hero" line, like they did for certain ships in later years.

TBH, back in 07ish I balked at the $50 price tag for the Walmart Exclusive Gunship. But given the age we're in today, I'd be content to pay $100-150 for the razor Crest if done right. Though in my mind I still think these ships should be under the $100 tag. Because they're also targeting Kids, not that they still play with toys.
Although once they grow up they might start buying them...

Reaction score
If they get 80 for the Mando chicken walker and 70 for the Mando troop transport a 100-150 dollar Razor Crest would be kind of small one would think.

Reaction score
But lets face it, not many people are gonna pay $80 for that defective Chicken Walker. Again... Most people specifically bought one for the figure, and on sale. And what Mando ship are you referring to that is $70? Mandalorian Assault Transport from 2011 was only $30.

I don't have first hand sight of this ship, but based on the few photos I've seen it's close in close to a gunship. So $100ish is a reasonable price IMO.