The next big ticket item?

Reaction score
It’s spelled “elitist.”

Joking! I understand your point, but was trying to say that a lot of people want multiple projects, so that they can get collectibles. Hasbro still stands to make money, but you’re right that the “minimum effort” thing probably best explains it.

I guess that “Big Ticket” doesn’t just mean HasLab. So the Death Star walls would be the next one.

Reaction score
Rumor has it that

Spoiler:  
After RoS they will be doing a life sized Jar Jar Binks. It will be voice activated.

When you say "Jar Jar save us...(from the sequel trilogy)" It will look down on you & say "Mesa say NO!"

Reaction score
The hangar idea definitely looks cool, but the space issues. :eek:
I would have a difficult time deciding between the Death Star hangar, or Mos Eisley space port.

As for multiple campaigns, it's not Hasbro's responsibility to manage consumers budgets. There's literally thousands of product released every year that vie for Collectors attention, and they still manage to buy what they want across multiple line.

What about the people who only collect from one property? They have to sit out on the sidelines while Marvel, Transformers, Sesame Street, etc. etc. run their course. So like someone mentioned, it would take several years to even address people wants.

I don't see why, during Marvel's time, they couldn't offer smaller scale items. Such as been suggested. A special figure set, or maybe a smaller niche vehicle.
Perhaps a prelude to the Death Star would be the Conference table with all the Officers?

Reaction score
Rumor has it that

Spoiler:  
After RoS they will be doing a life sized Jar Jar Binks. It will be voice activated.

When you say "Jar Jar save us...(from the sequel trilogy)" It will look down on you & say "Mesa say NO!"

I really hope this one comes to pass. Very appropriate!!

Reaction score
I'm probably repeating myself here but the next big things should be a Death Star Playset (ANH), Cantina with 4 exclusive never done before figures (Tzizvvt, Reegesk, Mos Eisley Spacer (Silver), and Arleil Schous), and then Jabba's throne room with Jabba and 4 all-new figures (Shasa Tiel, Geezum, Leslomy Tacema, and Garon Nas Tal)

Anything else would be welcome of course but these need to get done! ��
Yes, yes, and yes! I'd also like Hasbro to take another crack at the carbon freezing chamber and some kind of Bespin playset.

Reaction score
Will the modular parts be made so one could put them in various positions or make a section longer?
From GTP

"We don't have any solid dates we can share right now. We are still trying to learn all the ins and outs of being licensed and so that has slowed some projects down. We will be doing a massive 3.75" Hanger bay set, but we can't really share more details than that until it's been officially approved and in production. So it will probably be spring before it's released."

Short answer is...we don't know and they don't either. All we know is 3.75" scale and massive. Either way this is probably the closest we will have to getting an official Death Star Playset. Even if it's just going to be part of the Death Star. GTP does seem to value scale though so given the size of the BMF I'd imagine it will be pretty big. So that should make up for the lack of a variety of Death Star scenes.

Reaction score
From GTP

"We don't have any solid dates we can share right now. We are still trying to learn all the ins and outs of being licensed and so that has slowed some projects down. We will be doing a massive 3.75" Hanger bay set, but we can't really share more details than that until it's been officially approved and in production. So it will probably be spring before it's released."

Short answer is...we don't know and they don't either. All we know is 3.75" scale and massive. Either way this is probably the closest we will have to getting an official Death Star Playset. Even if it's just going to be part of the Death Star. GTP does seem to value scale though so given the size of the BMF I'd imagine it will be pretty big. So that should make up for the lack of a variety of Death Star scenes.
GTP says "massive", so I'm hoping for a hanger large enough for the BMF. Something like 26" x 40". I guess I'll have to add the other rooms (trash compactor, conference room, etc.) next to it or on top of the hanger.

I've got my BMF on a 24" deep x 48" x wide x 17" shelf, so the GTP set would need to fit on that. A small overhang of the depth would be fine.

Reaction score
Are they going to be modular? I feel like I remember them saying that they couldn't do that anymore or somesuch.

Reaction score
I don't expect anything I can actually use before I finally exit the Hobby. Some of use don't have ten more years to wait it out.

Reaction score
I don't expect anything I can actually use before I finally exit the Hobby. Some of use don't have ten more years to wait it out.
It's a shame they didn't think of HasLab ten years ago. I reckon we'd have had at least two more big ticket pieces by now.

Reaction score
From GTP

Thanks for the info.

Reaction score
So this is for anyone who has been keeping up with the Mandalorian....major TVC or HasLab item possibility in Episode 2

SPOILER BELOW:

HOLY SANDCRAWLER!...I really hope Hasbro takes this major opportunity to finally give us one at a beautiful scale. They can even make it in a Mandalorian box for all I care, though I think it would be smart to make it both ANH and Mando. This could be the first TVC item where one side of the box art features the Mandalorian title and action figure staging, then the other side would be ANH style with the droid sale figures and such. Exclusive Uncle Owen figure!? They could include a couple awnings/tarps for the roof like in the show, but they could easily be removed for an ANH look. The front even opens in the show, no droid sucker was shown, but it's a great opportunity to get it made now having it in current media. I definitely didn't see that coming.

Last edited:

bac

Reaction score
What @SaberSoncis83 said. I was thinking the exact same thing throughout the episode.

Reaction score
What @SaberSoncis83 said. I was thinking the exact same thing throughout the episode.
I have been saying from the beginning this vehicle makes the most sense. It's the right scale where Hasbro wouldn't be forced to make it out of scale. It's iconic and the right size. Much better than the shelves some people are asking for.

Reaction score
I would really like them to make an Imperial Shuttle or release an all new Millennium Falcon that's bigger than the Legacy one.

bac

Reaction score
So like 6' long?
I know, right? Legacy Falcon is plenty big enough. I still haven't found the right place to display mine. To-scale rooms would need to be separate diorama pieces.

Given the state of new media I think the Razor Crest in the $200 to $300 range is the safest bet for Hasbro.

You go under $200 at today's market rates for an all-new ship and it would be severely undersized, under-detailed, and lack the high-end weathered paint job that modern TVC demands.

I'll pay for quality.

Reaction score
While we're at it, why not just ask them to make a life size version? Then you'll all have a place to live when your better half kicks you lout! lol

Seriously though, I want a life size Falcon to live in...

Reaction score
I know, right? Legacy Falcon is plenty big enough. I still haven't found the right place to display mine. To-scale rooms would need to be separate diorama pieces.

Given the state of new media I think the Razor Crest in the $200 to $300 range is the safest bet for Hasbro.

You go under $200 at today's market rates for an all-new ship and it would be severely undersized, under-detailed, and lack the high-end weathered paint job that modern TVC demands.

I'll pay for quality.
A razorcrest doesn't need to be bigger than the gunship. $150 is realistically as much as they could hope to charge for that thing.

Reaction score
A bigger Falcon? Sounds cool until I think about how much space the Legacy mold takes. No thanks, i'm happy enough with the size.
Exactly. The Legacy BMF is more than anyone will ever need. Forget price, no one would buy anything bigger just due to the staggering space requirements.

Reaction score
I'd also much prefer a NEW item than a rehash - though I definitely think the BMF should get reissued again, maybe even as a Legends style Falcon that spans all the movies, with removable dishes and guns. Not sure how they'd do the upholstery of the inside compared to SOLO, but at least the outer panels could be swapped out from the grey-red to the whiteish blue we see in SOLO. Kind of the end-all, be-all Falcon. I prefer mine the OT way though personally, so I'm set.

I just hope HasLab announces something soon and gives us the next time table for the Star Wars item.

Reaction score
I am starved for another Star Wars project to back. Hopefully it's something that makes sense scale wise and not those atrocious looking shelves that is supposed to be the death star.

Reaction score
With GTP doing the hanger, it would be best to have a large imperial shuttle. To have a proper emperor arrival, that would be my #1 preference. It is my highest priority diorama. I have enough troopers for it and the last imperial shuttle release (as well as two vintage).

Reaction score
With GTP doing the hanger, it would be best to have a large imperial shuttle. To have a proper emperor arrival, that would be my #1 preference. It is my highest priority diorama. I have enough troopers for it and the last imperial shuttle release (as well as two vintage).
Yeah but the hangar that GTP is doing is definitely ANH, which doesn't really look like the ROTJ version of the hangar in my opinion. Sure, there are similarities, but it wouldn't look the part for a shuttle. That being said, I've been waiting for Hasbro to release an updated shuttle for years, it would be a great ship to do either way.

Reaction score
I can think of a few things, with a new attempt at a better, bigger Carbon Freeze Chamber near the top of the list.

Also, I saw a few ppl mention a Sandcrawler....I’m genuinely curious: Is this due to disliking the recent one we got or is it more to do with the difficulty acquiring one due to it being a Disney Park exclusive? I ask only because I feel the size, features, weathering, etc aren’t too shabby with it at all. Plus, with everything else that I would think collectors would want to see—Is a slow-moving, mostly-actionless, background(w/the exception of 1 Mando episode), transport vehicle with the lack of possible weaponry/features really something one would want to drop $200 or more on?

Reaction score
The sandcrawler on shopdisney can be bought for $80 on black Friday. It's the best price I've seen, but I am reluctant to get it. It's not a Hasbro release and it looks like cheap plastic.
I can sometimes work with incorrect scales, but since the tank treads are shorter than the figures, it's so obvious.
The vehicle desperately needs a whole repaint and that would make all the difference. I'm tempted to do that.

Reaction score
I can think of a few things, with a new attempt at a better, bigger Carbon Freeze Chamber near the top of the list.

Also, I saw a few ppl mention a Sandcrawler....I’m genuinely curious: Is this due to disliking the recent one we got or is it more to do with the difficulty acquiring one due to it being a Disney Park exclusive? I ask only because I feel the size, features, weathering, etc aren’t too shabby with it at all. Plus, with everything else that I would think collectors would want to see—Is a slow-moving, mostly-actionless, background(w/the exception of 1 Mando episode), transport vehicle with the lack of possible weaponry/features really something one would want to drop $200 or more on?
Fine points - it's not the availability it's the size for me. The Disney one, as DeckOfficer notes, didn't get the treads right at all. I'm fine with it being a bit underscaled, but the treads have to be close to the right size to get the sale of the droids scene looking correctly. When Luke or a Jawa is taller than the treads, we have a problem! I think it's a really fun vehicle and a great take on the Crawler - certainly not bad at all, but I think HasLab could really give it inner detail and size.

I also agree that a Troop Transport is pretty lame, as I would prefer an OT vehicle - even the Rebel Troop Transport would be better because they could put a Med Bay inside and design it like that Medical Frigate. At least that ship gets screen time. It could have glowing blue engines too and fun electronics to make it worth our while. The Imperial version it essentially an airport golf cart for Troopers lol - I know it was done in the Vintage line and that's cool, but it's certainly not going to be worth $100 - not by a long shot.

Reaction score

Slow moving? Hate to break it to you. All of the vehicles they give to us will non moving unless you actually get on your knees and actually move them. What is your idea for a vechicle for them to make? You talk about the sand crawler being slow moving but you want a carbon freezing chamber instead? I haven't seen a fast moving carbon freezing chamber yet.

Reaction score
As far as over all play value goes, There isn't much of a huge vehicle left that can in all actuality be made and made good.

--The RazerCrest isn't honestly big enough or Iconic enough yet for it to be a Haslab project.I would jump on it in an instant, as a proprely done one would have a cargo hold, speeder compartment, and Carbon freeze making compartment- I imagine we will get one in TVC eventually anyway.

--The Tantive could be, but it's size is an issue, it would be many times larger than the Sail Barge, in 1/18th it's roughly 27 feet long lol.
Even if they shortened it to make it "toyetic" It would have to be massive to even slightly fill all the roles it has in all the mediums between the OT, and Rebels ect.

--Shuttle Tyderium could be a good one to redesign, 4 seat command pit, proper landing gear, troop hold and cargo hold. It's been in almost everything OT story and legends/canon/cartoon series of Star Wars. in proper 1/8 it's roughly 4 feet long. luckily the wings are about the same size as the body so it would be something shipped easier and in a cube shaped box. good look swooshing it around with an 8ft wing span.

Honestly it's got to be hugely iconic in order to take the risk, and without it being a even more bigger sized AT-AT, I can't see too many vehicles being the end all. Honestly something that can act as a vehicle and a playset, is likely gonna be what they look at to design. Something they can sell more figures around, just like the Barge was able to do.