The next big ticket item?

bac

Reaction score
I'd buy a $599 or even $699 4 to 5-foot long Blockrade Runner in a heartbeat.

It could be the crowning achievement of Mark Boudreaux's illustrious Kenner/Hasbro career.

Reaction score
I honestly can't see them doing the Ghost. Many of us never ever watched Rebels..... I didn't like TCW either. But i did love the cartoon one.

Reaction score

It could be the crowning achievement of Mark Boudreaux's illustrious Kenner/Hasbro career.
^ Agreed 110%...

Reaction score

I would hope we could still get this, a Death Star and possibly a Star Destroyer before he's gone. I think Hasbro could nail them all if given the opportunity.

Reaction score
I honestly can't see them doing the Ghost. Many of us never ever watched Rebels..... I didn't like TCW either. But i did love the cartoon one.

Agreed. I've never seen Rebels. I could see them making a $100 Ghost if it plays a larger role in upcoming media, but if people are waiting for a $300 to $500 Ghost on Haslab... that's not gonna happen.

Reaction score
A cameo in EP9 isn't what I'd call a presence in upcoming media. lol Maybe if it also appears in one or more of the Disney+ shows.

If the Ghost wasn't made by now with the run rebels had, considering TCW saw several large Vehicles, then I don't see it either. That said i would buy a proper Ghost for about $200 max. This sin't something remotely close to the Barge. You just need a decent sized cockpit, boarding ramp, and working turrets. Maybe even the cargo bay?

Now if they included the whole Crew (minus chopper) TVC style. then I could justify throwing more cash at it.

Reaction score
They might as well do Chopper if they're going to do the whole crew anyway. Not that I really care about the character, and a TVC version wouldn't be much of an upgrade, but might as well have the ability to get them all in one shot. Right now literally the only Rebels figure I own is Sabine, (unless you count young Leia), because I don't really like the cartoon-style figures. But I'd love to have the whole set in TVC style! Though I'm not super excited for a Ghost, I'd bite if it came with the whole crew in TVC.

Reaction score
A cameo in EP9 isn't what I'd call a presence in upcoming media. lol Maybe if it also appears in one or more of the Disney+ shows.

If the Ghost wasn't made by now with the run rebels had, considering TCW saw several large Vehicles, then I don't see it either. That said i would buy a proper Ghost for about $200 max. This sin't something remotely close to the Barge. You just need a decent sized cockpit, boarding ramp, and working turrets. Maybe even the cargo bay? .
Yeah, I think the chane for the Ghost has come and gone at this point unless they make a live action show where Hera and the Ghost play a big role.

Reaction score
Yeah, you're probably right. Though you never know if they run out of ideas or start dabbling not just in OT stuff but PT stuff and CW as well. The Ghost is something that, along with the entire crew, would pretty much capture the whole feel of that show in a way, so there may still be a little nostalgia for something like that at some point.

Reaction score
If they didn't do away with The EU, I always wanted a decent sized Outrider too.At this point I will have to build my own...

Reaction score
If they didn't do away with The EU, I always wanted a decent sized Outrider too.At this point I will have to build my own...

I would have bought one of those. The one they made just didn't do it for me. I think the idea of the Outrider is cool, though.

Reaction score
The Ghost is definitely my most wanted large ship in this scale right now. It is just such a cool design and I loved Rebels, so... I wouldn't be surprised to see it appearing in a new ST-era show now that we know it is still around. Filoni has said multiple times that he would like to eventually pick up the Rebels story post-ROTJ so I imagine the Ghost would be front and center for that. For it to do well with Haslab, though, I agree that it would have to come with at least some of the crew since we don't have any other than Chopper in realistic style.

Reaction score
If we are digging into the animated shows, I'd prefer a Twilight to a Ghost. I really like the design of the ship, and there wouldn't need to be any compromises in bringing it to life, to scale. It is almost like it was designed to be a toy.

(But I'd rather have the "top 6" OT HasLab projects first!)

Reaction score
Yeah, you're probably right. Though you never know if they run out of ideas or start dabbling not just in OT stuff but PT stuff and CW as well. The Ghost is something that, along with the entire crew, would pretty much capture the whole feel of that show in a way, so there may still be a little nostalgia for something like that at some point.
The power of nostalgia is definitely important for a big ticket item like this...so I wonder if they would hold off a few years and wait for the people who grew up with Rebels to get deeper into their 20s (with a little more purchasing power) before trying it.

bac

Reaction score
There's a lot of risk on Hasbro's part involved with a large-scale vehicle. Is the Ghost really iconic enough to pull that off?

I think it needs to be featured, as opposed to a cameo, in future TV or film live-action media to achieve that status.

Star Wars fans would lose their ***** if the Ghost with live-action Hera and Jacen showed up in The Mandalorian.

Reaction score
Anyone think the next Haslab project is going to be SW?
I heard it's Marvel and that makes the most sense since they haven't done a Marvel project yet. I'd say maybe SW will be 1 or 2 projects away from now, so maybe the end of 2020 or very beginning of 2021? That's just my guess since Hasbro also has a few properties they can take a crack at before coming back to SW again.

Reaction score
I heard it's Marvel and that makes the most sense since they haven't done a Marvel project yet. I'd say maybe SW will be 1 or 2 projects away from now, so maybe the end of 2020 or very beginning of 2021? That's just my guess since Hasbro also has a few properties they can take a crack at before coming back to SW again.
That's fair. I just hope its OT. I'd never buy any ST stuff. Unless it includes a unique figure, I won't get a PT item either.

Reaction score
That's fair. I just hope its OT. I'd never buy any ST stuff. Unless it includes a unique figure, I won't get a PT item either.
I'm the same way and would only fund an OT project. But there are probably lots of collectors who would want ST, PT or new Disney era stuff. Honestly, the next SW HasLab project is more than likely going to be for the 6" BS. That's just what my gut instincts are telling me.

I really wish they would also start doing smaller projects though, too. They originally said it wasn't just for big playsets and vehicles, but for any niche or not ideal for retail projects. I'd love to see a new Vintage Collection Rebo Band HasLab project, or maybe a VC Cantina or Skiff Guard multipack that's 3 or 4 new figures. I'd instantly back a new VC Rebo Band set for $40-$50. Or a multipack of say 4 new/re-sculpted cantina aliens or Jabba goons for $75.

Reaction score
Well, they might be re-evaluating their strategy after the successful *cough* Transformers project. Could be that if they make another SW project it will be a big one, which could take some time. There is a rumor that the guy who's building a Star Destroyer playset on facebook has been in talks with Hasbro and may have actually built or is building a prototype with them. Obviously it's only speculation at this point, but if this is the case, based on the rate at which his project is going, it could still be a long way off.

What I don't understand is, since they were going with a $300 price point and only 3,000 backers for Cookie Monster, why can't they do the same with a smaller SW project? There are tons of possibilities for items within this price point, and something like that would be an almost guaranteed success, particularly if was OT.

Reaction score
I don’t know why they can’t do multiple projects. It’s not like it’s two guys in a garage. It’s the largest toy company in the world. I’m starting to think that sometimes they don’t “ask” then “build,” but rather “build” then “ask.” They obviously already had Unicron basically made, and then forced him through. Would that mean that they have 3,000 Cookie Monsters in a warehouse somewhere? Obviously they don’t.

It seems like HasLab is weird. Put ten from various franchises up at the same time. If they get funded, then what’s the problem?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don’t know why they can’t do multiple projects. It’s not like it’s two guys in a garage. It’s the largest toy company in the world. I’m starting to think that sometimes they don’t “ask” then “build,” but rather “build” then “ask.” They obviously already had Unicron basically made, and then forced him through. Would that mean that they have 3,000 Cookie Monsters in a warehouse somewhere? Obviously they don’t.

It seems like HasLab is weird. Put ten from various franchises up at the same time. If they get funded, then what’s the problem?
Because it would not be smart revenue wise. There are many people that collect multiple lines. So if they put out say a marvel 2 foot Giant Man, a Blockade Runner for Star Wars, and an Ark for Transformers, most of us could not afford even 2 out of 3. So you split the chances of any of it being made at all.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Because it would not be smart revenue wise. There are many people that collect multiple lines. So if they put out say a marvel 2 foot Giant Man, a Blockade Runner for Star Wars, and an Ark for Transformers, most of us could not afford even 2 out of 3. So you split the chances of any of it being made at all.

Sure, but the downside to that is that if they are offering a SW 3.75" big ticket piece say every 2 years and you have 4 or 5 wants, that'll take like 8-10 years to get through. And that assumes they offer something you want every time.

Ty

Reaction score
I'm probably repeating myself here but the next big things should be a Death Star Playset (ANH), Cantina with 4 exclusive never done before figures (Tzizvvt, Reegesk, Mos Eisley Spacer (Silver), and Arleil Schous), and then Jabba's throne room with Jabba and 4 all-new figures (Shasa Tiel, Geezum, Leslomy Tacema, and Garon Nas Tal)

Anything else would be welcome of course but these need to get done! ��

Reaction score
Yeah I think it's amazing that HasLab isn't capitalizing on smaller things while they plan on rolling out the bigger stuff like huge playsets and vehicles. It also begs the question: why isn't there a dedicated Star Wars team? Sure, let Marvel and Transformers have their day, even Cookie Monster (we all saw how THAT worked out) but Star Wars needs items annually or bi-yearly. There's no reason whatsoever there shouldn't be a Star Wars product to fund right now as we speak. They are kind of wasting HasLab if it takes this long to get projects underway, especially if they are crowd-funded in the first place. When you factor in 6", you have no excuse not to have some projects brewing - though I think most projects lend themselves to 3.75" and I'll only buy 3.75".

Reaction score
Yeah I think it's amazing that HasLab isn't capitalizing on smaller things while they plan on rolling out the bigger stuff like huge playsets and vehicles.
I'm wondering about that as well. They could do figures that they deem too risky for retail, like elusive background characters or just weapons packs or something like that.

Hell, I'd kill for an 6Inch Indiana Jones Three pack. That wouldn't fly with retail (not at the moment at least), but it would have a change being backed via HasLab.

Ty

Reaction score
Totally agree, there should always be something to be backed regarding Star Wars. I know they're busy right now, they've churned out a ton of new product (and supposedly we haven't seen the majority of it yet...) but yes, an annual Star Wars big ticket item should be the norm for the next few years. I love all Star Wars films, but these really should focus on OT items in my opinion.

Reaction score
That’s certainly true, in the long run. But what you might really mean is that YOU might miss out. No one wants to miss out, but that’s kinda life.

If the minimum is 6,000, and they get 10,000 pledges instead of 6,000, then they’re obviously better off. But I think they’d be plenty happy with the 6,000 they initially determined would pay off. Why? Because 6,000 is better than 0. If they waited to offer it until later, they may get the full 10,000—but that’s five years from now, and also every fan who COULD afford it gets nothing. They may rather have 18,000 right now instead of 10,000 three times over six or eight years.

If they offer three projects, all would pass, even if barely. That’s three instead of zero. It would be frustrating for fans to see projects pass that they can’t quite stretch to afford, but that may be better than the huge bulk of other bidders (and HasLab) having to wait.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That’s certainly true, in the long run. But what you might really mean is that YOU might miss out. No one wants to miss out, but that’s kinda life.

If the minimum is 6,000, and they get 10,000 pledges instead of 6,000, then they’re obviously better off. But I think they’d be plenty happy with the 6,000 they initially determined would pay off. Why? Because 6,000 is better than 0. If they waited to offer it until later, they may get the full 10,000—but that’s five years from now, and also every fan who COULD afford it gets nothing. They may rather have 18,000 right now instead of 10,000 three times over six or eight years.

If they offer three projects, all would pass, even if barely. That’s three instead of zero. It would be frustrating for fans to see projects pass that they can’t quite stretch to afford, but that may be better than the huge bulk of other bidders (and HasLab) having to wait.
Its not just me, if you are going to be eletist about it and have money to burn, have a customizer make one offs for you. Even haslabs is a BUSINESS they need to milk evey last dollar they can out of these projects.not that they need it, but it's mostly the same reason maximum profit vs minimum effort. Why invest all of the development time and not sell the maximum number of units? Its business 101 not a matter of us not missing out. Sorry if I dont fit your monetary echelon to stand in your level of the collecting community.

Reaction score
So just an update from GTP. The 3.75" Death Star Hanger Set has been described as "massive" and that's pretty much all the details that can be shared right now until it's officially approved and in production apparently. It will probably be Spring before it's released.

I guess being licensed has slowed the pace at which they can move on their end.

If they deliver something truly "massive" I'll be buying first day. I'd assume massive would be enough to fit the BMF.

I know this isn't Haslab, but this sounds like the next big ticket item.

Reaction score
So just an update from GTP. The 3.75" Death Star Hanger Set has been described as "massive" and that's pretty much all the details that can be shared right now until it's officially approved and in production apparently. It will probably be Spring before it's released.

I guess being licensed has slowed the pace at which they can move on their end.

If they deliver something truly "massive" I'll be buying first day. I'd assume massive would be enough to fit the BMF.

I know this isn't Haslab, but this sounds like the next big ticket item.
A hangar with the BMF filling it up would not even look right.

Reaction score

A hangar with the BMF filling it up would not even look right.
What are you talking about, it'd look great!
And the BMF should fill it.

you have the "L- shape" as described, delineated by the main back wall, and the main fly-in entrance.
In the floor (if a part of it) a hint of the (partially sunken) cargo elevator well.
Room for the main heroes running in at center.
*To the (bottom visible) right; space for the door frame of the Obi-Wan Vader duel vignette.
*To the (top) Right (corner cut off here) the alcove where 3PO and R2 scuttle out...
And center stage the BMF absolutely filling it!
It's all there!

I mean these lego designers can break it down for you, seems pretty straight forward, and the layout works great.

*(these two, if not part, sold separate to build on it (cause the two separate rooms actually deserve all their own detail, highlighted here to show where they would segment in)

Last edited:
Reaction score
IMHO, those are the wrong two walls to make. We need the Duel Blast Door and the Droids' Alcove, those are on the opposite walls.

And I will restate I have no faith GTP will be doing any sort of floor. Just two walls that make an "L."

Reaction score
I doubt they will do a floor. Personally I'm hoping for the fly-in entrance and the side wall like in the LEGO floorplan. THEN....the other walls could be made from normal wall packs if needed. I'd personally want to be able to buy the Duel hallway section independently as that door style appeared all over the Death Star.

Reaction score

What are you talking about, it'd look great!
And the BMF should fill it.

you have the "L- shape" as described, delineated by the main back wall, and the main fly-in entrance.
In the floor (if a part of it) a hint of the (partially sunken) cargo elevator well.
Room for the main heroes running in at center.
*To the (bottom visible) right; space for the door frame of the Obi-Wan Vader duel vignette.
*To the (top) Right (corner cut off here) the alcove where 3PO and R2 scuttle out...
And center stage the BMF absolutely filling it!
It's all there!

I mean these lego designers can break it down for you, seems pretty straight forward, and the layout works great.

*(these two, if not part, sold separate to build on it (cause the two separate rooms actually deserve all their own detail, highlighted here to show where they would segment in)
If it ends up like this, I'd certainly buy it. It would be so cool if the entrance ring had electronics to make it glow. That's all part of the coolness of the Death Star - it's sterile and it looks advanced. The stark white lights really make the atmosphere.

I see how people would want the walls on the opposite side - but this verifies what I was curious about earlier. The key scenes are shown from the point of view above. You'd really lose all of that if the walls were to the right of the Falcon.

Reaction score
The more I look at it the more I am swayed to Mav and Saber's point of view. That is how we see the hangar. I could totally see them doing those two walls as a backdrop for the BMF.

Now we just have to hope they do it as the proper '77 version and not the CG'd mish-mash abomination of the '97 til now version.

Last edited: