The next big ticket item?

Reaction score
Obviously, every person is responsible for their own finances; but I'd compare it to encouraging people to buy loot boxes from a video game, knowing that some people struggle with highly destructive gambling addictions that can destroy their lives, just because you believe it increases the chances that a sequel to that game will be made.

If lenders and credit card companies weren't so predatory, then I'd agree that it was harmless; but if you've ever struggled with being in debt when your life situation changes and you suddenly find yourself unable to pay all that debt back, then you'd never consider suggesting that someone else go into debt so lightly.
This sums up the whole "taking credit out for a toy" issue perfectly.

Reaction score
Obviously, every person is responsible for their own finances; but I'd compare it to encouraging people to buy loot boxes from a video game, knowing that some people struggle with highly destructive gambling addictions that can destroy their lives, just because you believe it increases the chances that a sequel to that game will be made.

If lenders and credit card companies weren't so predatory, then I'd agree that it was harmless; but if you've ever struggled with being in debt when your life situation changes and you suddenly find yourself unable to pay all that debt back, then you'd never consider suggesting that someone else go into debt so lightly.
It's a 500 toy! not a million dollar yacht. I don't consider 500 dollars as going in to debt. Buying 50 barges? yeah. I also said i was contradicting myself. News flash people use credit to buy dumb stuff everyday, this is no different. I'm not telling anyone to go into debt. You really should read my post again. I said "Be sensible tho, if you can't afford the payments then don't take out a loan" Feel free to comment after this, I"m done tho. agree to disagree. I've read your post before, you are someone who thinks he's always right. good luck.

Reaction score
One thing that I haven't seen mentioned so far is the Ghost. Hasbro said last year that it would need a real collector focus but that they would like to do it. I can see it being on their short list of SW vehicles for the service.
I'd be all over a Ghost. But I can't imagine they'd make it. To do it right would require roughly a similar price tag as the Barge and there's no way they'd get as much support. Especially with Rebels ending in a few weeks.

Reaction score
I’d support a Blockade Runner, White Witch (from droids), or the Ghost. I personally am not interested in a remake of something that was already made.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'd definitely go for a Ghost if it got BMF treatment! I have always said this. Accurate Cargo bay/boarding ramp, room/bunks, Cockpit and spot for the Phantom. Not much exists for interior reference, so no idea what else they could do.

I've been there, and it took me a while to get where I'm at now. Which isn't rich by any means. But I have learned some things in that journey, and that no matter what happens. Happiness is more important. IMO, if I die in debt no biggie. I can't take my Money with me anyways, so there's no incentive to save a big chunk of change either. Granted, this is my own outlook and don't expect anyone else to see it the same.
But it is only $500, not $50K. People have been putting expensive collectibles on CC for years, this is nothing new. This is also not the most expensive Collectible.

Putting myself into this exact same scenario - having been given about a month to come up with $500 for a toy that I wouldn't even receive until almost a year later.
I'm curious how this would have been any different, if say it was a TRU Exclusive? You still likely have a small window to pay for it. At least you have a guaranteed month to save for it, whereas at TRU it might sell out before that. Thus you're sol, because it was a limited release and no more are available. Now there's only ebay and they're twice the price.

I get that some people thinks this idea sucks, same as the way i thought other Hasbro lines sucked. We all aren't going on agree on what gets or what should get released. But I'd rather it go this route for a chance at getting made, rather than the alternative of never getting made.
We all have our own priorities, this is one of mine. Luckily I was able to save Thousands over the years since 2012, by Hasbro not releasing what I wanted. So now, I'm able to put that savings to use. Not that I'm totally fine with it, as I had earmarked that Money for some SSC 6th scale Items. Those three items combined would have set me back $800, now this comes out. We all have dilemmas. If I suck in my gut, and save on eating out and buyng Coffee. The barge will be paid off in one Month, the SSC items two months.

Reaction score
I'm curious how this would have been any different, if say it was a TRU Exclusive? You still likely have a small window to pay for it. At least you have a guaranteed month to save for it, whereas at TRU it might sell out before that. Thus you're sol, because it was a limited release and no more are available. Now there's only ebay and they're twice the price.
Understanding the realities of toy production, I know why it is what it is. However, given those circumstances, the number of toys I'm willing to go through this kind of process with is extremely limited... actually, pretty much just the Sail Barge.

Reaction score
Blockade Runner
Star Destroyer
Death Star
Mon Calamari cruiser
J-Type diplomatic barge
Krennik's shuttle
Kylo Ren's shuttle
AT-M6

If they made these, I would be fulfilled :)

And if you don't think a Star Destroyer would work, I'm thinking 6 feet for one of these. Keep in mind that people have already paid thousands of dollars for studio-scale models of these, which I believe can get up to 9 feet. This would not have to be as intricately detailed, but have removable panels on the bridge and the length of the body.

At 6 feet, even at the very tip it could be made to fit a 3.75 inch figure, albeit a tight fit if completely to scale. But who cares about a little section at the very tip? It could essentially just be filler, or do what McRobo did and just make it a little removable one-man shuttle. The rest of the ship would be more than large enough to allow standing room for 3.75 inch figures, and maybe even a TIE or two toward the middle. Imagine that.

If this barge gets made, I can easily see people playing $750 to $800 for a Star Destroyer. And being much more well-known than the sail barge, the project would almost guarantee success. Anyway I know I've repeated myself a little bit from the sail barge thread, but this seems like the more appropriate place.

And as for the space issue? Remember, this isn't just a toy - it's a toy box!

Reaction score
not really interested in massively underscaled ships like the blockade runner or star destroyer. I'd rather have playset of specific areas of those ships.

For my part, i would't mind a few revisited clone army vehicles such as the Gunship or turbotank in all their true to 3.75" scale glory.

Last edited:
Reaction score
^You're right, we should just make the Star Destroyer to scale. It would only need to be 288 feet long. :rolleyes:

Sorry just being a smarty pants.

I'm just all about the vehicles. Yeah I would also love more diorama-type playsets and backdrops. But if I have to give up a little on scale to finally have a Star Destroyer I can actually put figures in, I have no problem doing that. I was happy with things like the Ewok Village and Imperial Shuttle as a kid, and even the BMF is very under-scaled.

That's just me, though. Everyone has their tastes, and I'm sure whatever the next thing is, we'd all think it was pretty cool even if it wasn't our first choice.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Someone else mentioned Jabba's Palace. While not a vehicle, that is the only thing that pops out as interesting to me. Though I know it could never be done accurately to scale, especially with the dungeon and Rancor pit etc. And it probably would be very boring to most. I just think next to the Barge, this offers the most unique backdrop. With an Imperial backdrop, you're limited to just those characters to play with. With the Palace, or even the Cantina. There's the whole "anyone" can drop by play factor. As a Kid I would enjoyed hours of play in one of those scenarios.

Reaction score
If we are talking other lines, I’d love a reissue if the vintage G.I. Joe USS FLAGG. The vintage ones are so difficult to find complete and the plastic is always yellow in parts.

bac

Reaction score
I would expect the next one to be Transformers. Unicron or something to that effect.

For Star Wars, I'd love to see a box set of all the previously released Barge/Skiff VC figures + the new ones (Yak, Klaatu, whoever else) to coincide with the Barge.

Reaction score
The thing with figures - and don't get me wrong, I would be one of the first takers - is that Hasbro knows when they create new OT figures they're almost guaranteed to sell. So there's really no reason something like that would need to go to a crowdfunding campaign.

Reaction score

This was kind of what I had in mind for the DS, only much bigger (maybe about 3 feet diameter) and more detailed, plastic rather than cardboard, of course, with an outer shell that has removable panels for every area. I think this would be more than enough room to re-create all of the main scenes, with the exception of the hangar bay. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Reaction score

This was kind of what I had in mind for the DS, only much bigger (maybe about 3 feet diameter) and more detailed, plastic rather than cardboard, of course, with an outer shell that has removable panels for every area. I think this would be more than enough room to re-create all of the main scenes, with the exception of the hangar bay. Thoughts?

I want a fancier version of the original Death Star set.

Reaction score
Death Star
AT-M6
Ghost with realistic crew
If they don't do the Ghost (which, let's face it, they almost definitely won't), I'd love to see realistic, SA versions of the crew. That'd be a great box set and is the perfect niche item that might be ideal for Haslab.

Reaction score
Finally we get a sail barge (hopefully)

Next big ticket item:

Tantive IV
Sandcrawler
Docking Bay 94 playset - large enough to fit the BMF
Star Destroyer
Death Star

Reaction score
I'd really dig a Home One playset. Even if it was smaller just a briefing room, bridge, maybe a medical bay for 2-1b to hang out in.

You know what I thought of last night, and I'm not even joking... Gorax. Give me a Gorax.

Reaction score
Docking Bay 94 playset - large enough to fit the BMF
I'd be very interested in this, been wanting do that backdrop to display my BMF for the last few years. TBH, I could probably do it all myself for cheaper. lol
All it would be is a few out buildings and paint. The big expense is the see through Coffee table to put it all in!

Reaction score
Here’s the 1983 vintage prototype Blockade Runner. It’s out of scale, but still looks cool.

Reaction score
If this came out today, I almost definitely wouldn't buy one unless it was like 10 bucks. But if it was four feet long and highly detailed? Hell yeah!
I’m sure it would be bigger and more detailed if it came out today, but it would still be way out of scale.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah I honestly couldn't give a crap about scale as long as the figures can fit inside and the scale is somewhat relative to the already existing vehicles. So it wouldn't make sense to come out with a Blockade Runner smaller than the BMF. But if it was as big or bigger, which it would almost definitely be, I'd be more than happy with it. Make the outside look like the actual ship and have an interior that shows key scenes in the movies, with enough room for a few figures here and there, and I'm happy. Obviously the bigger the better, but if we have to make sacrifices to get it done, I'm all for it.

Can you imagine getting a four foot long Blockade Runner and showing it to a friend and having them say 'Oh, that's stupid, it's way too small!' Lol

Last edited:
Reaction score
I always wanted a good sized Y wing, at least on par with the CW y wing.

Reaction score
Yeah I don't understand the obsession with scale in a toy line like this, especially considering almost every single vehicle we've ever gotten has been under-scaled. Nothing wrong with wanting a better version of a vehicle that you like, though. I'm just not interested in re-makes of previously released vehicles until we finally get all the vehicles that we've never had. Then we can go back and improve the old ones. Too bad I don't call the shots :weeabooface:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here’s the 1983 vintage prototype Blockade Runner. It’s out of scale, but still looks cool.
I never saw that before. Pretty laughable to be honest but what should I have expected.

Personally I don't see the merit in getting toys of the capital ships. Emphasis on 'personally'. Other opinions are available. It's just that what I'd be after would be reasonably scaled dioramas of key interiors and if they have to be encapsulated inside an actual vehicle I won't get that.

Reaction score
Disney teased a Sandcrawler at their panel at the most recent Star Wars Celebration, so I don't see that as being on the table for a future HasLab offering.

As for other large vehicles/playsets? I would look mostly to some OT items for the larger offerings:

-Tantive IV
-Star Destroyer
-Death Star
-Zeta class cargo shuttle (Rogue One)

Reaction score
Would the Rebel Tuna Transport qualify as a "large" vehicle for a Haslab campaign?
Oh I'd love to see a newer, much larger version of one of those! Never had one as a kid. Still maybe they should first finish the vehicles that have never been seen in any capacity for the 3.75 scale. What about a Mon Calamari Cruiser?