The New Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'd just like to say that I'm upset about the other one closing. But you live and you learn. Today I went out and did some toy hunting. I met JuvyD. He is a top notch guy. Thanks for the Luke.

Anyway, Nothing new at the TRU in Livonia or Novi. The Target in Dearborn Heights looks like it's about ready to restock, but who know what they will restock with. Could someone let me know if they find a place with some Obi-wan's. Yes, the first Obi-wan. I cannot find it.

Thanks
Tim

Reaction score
We were really catching up to some of those other states too. Its funny how they decide to close down the forum after all the arguing has been resolved.

Anyway, no great finds in the Lakeside Mall area today.

Reaction score
Beat It Clown....I saw a bunch of the 1st Obi-Wans out at Super K-Mart near Great Lakes Crossing today. Not sure if that's way out of your way or not, but other Super K's seem to be way overstocked on the first batch of figures.

Absolutely nothing new in the Great Lakes area today except for a couple Endor Soldiers and Qui-Gon's at Kay-Bee at the mall.

They also had one Plo-Koon figure, but it left the store.

Great littlen post on the rebelscum main page about Han, Chewie, and Obi-Wan pilot hitting K-B's now. With that and the exclusive Clone Trooper 12" figures, K-B seems to be the place to be on top of. I hope they hit soon.

Reaction score
Hope the New Michigan board catches on!

As reported above - nothing new at TRU in Novi. Also nothing new at Livonia Target (lots of Royal Guards, Taun We though)

Still haven't seen Endor Soldier, Massif, etc as well as Djas and Palpatine.

Let's keep each other posted!

Reaction score
The girl at KBee in Westland mall said they havn't got ANY shipments since the Saga figs first came out and will not get them until some of their stock clears out. Should be a great place to get the more recent waves when they do.

Reaction score
Hey bwing you might want to try KB at telegraph & west chicago,they had the endor rebel wave yesterday.
Livonia TRU had some old Obi Wans this morning.

Reaction score
Nothing at the 13 and Gratiot TRU.

Still haven't seen the Orn Free ta wave.

Reaction score
didn't anyone get any extra tru saga posters by chance? i never got one and now they are all gone by me.

Reaction score
Hey Echo, I have a banged up one. Pretty bad shape but not torn. Yours if you'd like.

Reaction score
yeah that might just work. i'll email you later cause the wife is pulling me out the door. thanks thrawn

Reaction score
For those of you with kids, K-mart Livonia on Farmington & 7 mile,has stopin wampa and fast threw the forest Playskool.
My 2 year old loves them!

Reaction score
Originally posted by davader:
For those of you with kids, K-mart Livonia on Farmington & 7 mile,has stopin wampa and fast threw the forest Playskool.
<font size="2" face="arial">Why do we have to have kids?

G

Glade to see MI is back up and running. You almost caught up to the other states but that wouldn't be fair with all that nasty stuff. Post more and post those finds!

Welcome Back!

Reaction score
TBK back on track and on the rack!
For those interested, I hit Owosso taday and found the entire Endor Soldier wave in abundance at their Wal*Mart store. Just down the road at the K-Mart I found quite a few of the Geonosian WITH insert. I'm not really up on which of the figures with inserts are htf but this is the first time I've seen the geonosian with one, let alone more than six in one place. They also had many of the otheer figures with the insert cards but I did notice they were lacking Dex and Luminara.

Good Luck,
Todd

PS. Anyone interested in a non-MOMC Endor Rebel and/or Massiff drop me an email. Great for loose collectors.

Reaction score
It was BS our old thread was closed because of two crybabies. There I said it. Now, moving on.

I live in the same area as JuvyD. I made a tour around yesterday and nothing new. Question: Is Palpatine part of the Endor Soldier wave, or is he just with Djas Puhr? Thanks!

Reaction score
Originally posted by royalguard96:
It was BS our old thread was closed because of two crybabies. There I said it. Now, moving on.

I live in the same area as JuvyD. I made a tour around yesterday and nothing new. Question: Is Palpatine part of the Endor Soldier wave, or is he just with Djas Puhr? Thanks!
<font size="2" face="arial">Man, don't start or you'll get us closed.

Palpatine is NOT part of the initial Endor Soldier wave. Endor Soldier is in there with them though.

[ 06-03-2002, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: Snowmaker ]

Reaction score
Originally posted by davader:
<font size="2" face="arial">Thanks for the tip, I checked my local K-mart and was able to get the Endor one. Still no wampa yet but at least I know where to look now!

Reaction score
Originally posted by royalguard96:

<font size="2" face="arial">The last Michigan Thread was Closed for the same Reason this one Should Be. All the Off Topic BS. You Guys have made nearly 20 posts since this thread started and T-Bone Kenobi, and davader are the only people that have actually posted a Find. You Guys do know this is a "Look What I Found" Forum don't you? Not "Look What I Didn't Find".

anyway since I Stopped back in I will report a find.

I FOUND Supreme Chancellor Palpatine and Djas Puhr at the Howell Wal-Mart Friday night. They had two cases on a Pallet near Toys. This was around 11:00 PM

Also I spotted the new Deluxe Figures at the Gibralter Trade Center in Mount Clements over the Weekend. I was tempted to pick up the Nexu but I felt the $15.00 asking price was a bit high. And like the Reek I will probaly wait until Fall to pick it Up when the Arena Playset is released.

Now to answer your question RoyalGuard96. The Case I opened Friday night of the Palpatine wave had the following breakdown:

2 X Chancellor Palpatine

2 X Djas Puhr

2 X Dexter Jettster

2 X Geonosian Warrior

2 X Endor Trooper (Bearded Version)

2 X Qui Gon Jinn

I hope this answers your Question.

Good Luck with your new thread Guys.

If you need a Model of what a "Look What I Found" thread is supposed to look like. Take a look at the first 20 pages of the old "Michigan Collectors" thread. At that time we actually posted "Finds". Unlike the last Fifteen Pages where it Reads more like a General Discussion and Swap Meet with the Ocasional Find.

It is sad that nothing was learned and this thread has begun much like the last one Ended.

[ 06-03-2002, 12:01 PM: Message edited by: plo-koon ]

G

Went out about Lakeside area today:
Wallys on M59, KB Lakeside, Target on M59, and TRU and found absolutely no sign at all of anything new. Thaought I'd let you all know so it can save you a trip.

Reaction score
Originally posted by ddeca:
The last Michigan Thread was Closed for the same Reason this one Should Be. All the Off Topic BS. You Guys have made nearly 20 posts since this thread started and T-Bone Kenobi, and davader are the only people that have actually posted a Find. You Guys do know this is a "Look What I Found" Forum don't you? Not "Look What I Didn't Find".

I disagree. Knowing that nothing new is at a certain store at a certain time prevents me from wasting my time driving there and searching through 100's of figs for nothing. I appreciate the updates.
<font size="2" face="arial">Ok where to start? ddeca I think you have taken what I stated Out of Context. It would Help if you Quoted my entire Post.

I to think it is helpful for People to report what they are finding or what they are not finding in the stores to an Extent. I don't want to Open Pandoras Box here and Fuel another debate. But try too look at it this way.

Let me use myself for example. I usually check on average between seven and eight stores on any given Toy Run. Multiply that by by five or six Toy Runs a week.

Now I would say I actualy Find somethimg New or hard to find about 10% of the time.

Now what is more productive, and what would make this thread Easier to read?

If I posted about the Usual Peg Warmers that I find 90% of the time and Flood the board with Information that is Probally Useless and means nothing to 90% of the People reading this thread?

Or would it be more productive and make this thread Easier to read If I only Posted about the 10% of the time when I find something new or find something that is hard to find?

So what helps more? What gets you the Figures? What gets your A** out from behind your Computer and into Wal-Mart?

I think you answered it yourself in your post. It's the 10% of the time when someone reports finding something new or hard to find. The rest Just takes up space and burries the real finds.

Now Defining "New" or "Hard to Find" is open to Interpatation. I am not going to start that debate.

But I think it's that 10% of the time that made the Old Thread Great. Until People started posting the other 90% and all the rest of the Off Topic BS to catch the Arizona thread. That is when are Old Home that we all loved began to spin out of Control. And if you Guys can't get past that, it will happen again.

Now in Closing.

Everyone Knows the role the conflict between Myself and Snowmaker played in the End of the Old Michigan Thread. And you Know that in the End People did not want to let the conflict Die. They had to Throw there Two cents in. I finaly walked away hoping that whenever someone decided to Reopen a michigan Thread you would Leave the Coflict behind. But you People had to keep it going. You couldn't even Let it Die with the last thread. I just want People to Know it was not me that had to Reopen Pandoras Box. and the People that Wouldn't let it go Before can't let it go now. And those are the ones that are going to seal this threads fate.

Don't Blame Me Next Time

It's People like Alf678 and RoyalGuard96 that just can't post there finds without throwing there Two Cents in and Reopen Pandoras Box.

Just Post Your Finds People. Why do you think they call this Forum "Look What I Found" anyway? Just Post your finds and keep the Off Topic S*** out of here.

[ 06-04-2002, 04:32 PM: Message edited by: plo-koon ]

Reaction score
Now don't hate me, but the TRU on John R. and 14 mile just had about 5 Bespin Lukes, all bloody. They also had about half a dozen each of Teebo, BoShek and R4-M9.

One thing I noticed while I was there was that the newer batches of Clone Trooper figures have a deeper shade of red paint on them. I held two next to one another and one looked orange next to the other.

[ 06-03-2002, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: Snowmaker ]

G

The Chesterfield WalMart and KB toys each had about 3 12inch clonetroopers this morning.

Reaction score
Musasa: Please refrain from trolling. First warning.

I found the Clonetrooper at the Chesterfield Wal-Mart this afternoon. Everybody loves the Michigan rag.

[ 06-04-2002, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: musasa ]

Reaction score
Originally posted by assitnam:
Plo Koon, you need to calm down & relax. I think you take this hobby WAY too seriously. So what if some of us Michigan collectors post some off-topic stuff. You do the same thing with your constant whining.

Scalpmaker, I mean, Snowmaker, you just need to grow up. You aren't fooling any one here. We all know your true collecting habits (buy what is "rare" in order to trade for more "rare" stuff that is higher in value). I hope you choke on your bloody Lukes just like all the other scalpers. No shame whatsoever.
<font size="2" face="arial">Here we go again. People never learn.

[ 06-03-2002, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: Snowmaker ]

Reaction score
Originally posted by assitnam:
Plo Koon, you need to calm down & relax. I think you take this hobby WAY too seriously. So what if some of us Michigan collectors post some off-topic stuff. You do the same thing with your constant whining.

Scalpmaker, I mean, Snowmaker, you just need to grow up. You aren't fooling any one here. We all know your true collecting habits (buy what is "rare" in order to trade for more "rare" stuff that is higher in value). I hope you choke on your bloody Lukes just like all the other scalpers. No shame whatsoever.

I found the Clonetrooper at the Chesterfield Wal-Mart this afternoon. Everybody loves the Michigan rag.
<font size="2" face="arial">Welcome to the boards assitnam. Wow your first post in the "Look What I Found" forum. That was pretty incredible how you managed to pack two personal Attacks into one post. I think yo will be a Great Addition to the remenants of this once great Collector Community.

You and Your Post is a Prime Example of what was the Last Straw and the Final nail in the Coffin of the last Thread. Not my disagreement with a fellow Collector, But the Fallout from
People Like yourself that have to get in there Two Cents in and Drag on the hostility even after the original Conflict was Resolved. Now you are trying to Reopen the Bloody Luke Debate. Congads Bud. I forsee this Thread being closed in much the same way as the Last.

Congradulations and Welcome to the Forum ASSITNAM. I am sure you are gonna fit right in.

[ 06-03-2002, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: plo-koon ]

Reaction score
Originally posted by Snowmaker[/qb]
<font size="2" face="arial">Here we go again. People never learn.

My thoughts Exactly!

[ 06-03-2002, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: plo-koon ]

Reaction score
Originally posted by plo-koon:
Congradulations and Welcome to the Forum EDITED BY MUSASA. I am sure you are gonna fit right in.
<font size="2" face="arial">Oh, I thought it was EDITED BY MUSASA.
Anyway, now back to our FINDS!

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM TROLLING. FIRST WARNING.We could have used you in the last thread. Sorry, its just people like that are what caused the last thread to close, and he does it again below.

[ 06-04-2002, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: Snowmaker ]

Reaction score
The last Michigan Thread was Closed for the same Reason this one Should Be. All the Off Topic BS. You Guys have made nearly 20 posts since this thread started and T-Bone Kenobi, and davader are the only people that have actually posted a Find. You Guys do know this is a "Look What I Found" Forum don't you? Not "Look What I Didn't Find".

I disagree. Knowing that nothing new is at a certain store at a certain time prevents me from wasting my time driving there and searching through 100's of figs for nothing. I appreciate the updates.

Reaction score
....and so I said; "Rectum? Heck, it nearly killed him!"

Oh, are we back on? Oh,...um...uhh,...the TRU in Madison Heights still had quite a few Teebos, Bosheks and R4-M9s today (sorry, no Lukes to report).

[ 06-04-2002, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: Snowmaker ]

Reaction score
I Found Several 12" Jango Fett's at the Super K-Mart on Ford Rd in Canton today. There were four on the shelf as of 11:30 AM. Keep Checking your K-Mart's if you are still in need of this Figure. It seems they are shipping in Larger Quanities now.

[ 06-04-2002, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: plo-koon ]

Reaction score
I hope there isn't a bloody variation with the 12" Jango. If so, Snowmaker might buy 4 or 5 of
them at that K-Mart plo koon mentioned & try to trade each one for a FF Weequay or a Jorg Sacul figure.

Reaction score
I've also found it to be helpful to see where there are "no" new figures, as it stops me from wasting a trip, and that's why I posted what I did. I won't waste my breath commenting on anything else.

Yes KMart does seem to be the best place to find the new 12" Jango. I got mine on 59 in Waterford last week, and I think JuvyD picked one up also. Kepp checking those cluttered shelves at the Big K!

Reaction score
I've already noticed a few inciting posts in this thread. I've edited two posts and have issued 2 troll warnings. It's up to you guys to keep the thread clean and, subsequently, open.

Please restrict future posts to reporting what you've found in your area.

We're not going to mop up each and every one of your piss fests, so end them now, or this thread will be closed.

[ 06-04-2002, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: musasa ]

Reaction score
Wal*Mart in Chesterfield this morning had a whole lot of useless figures priced at $4.77. It looks to be the regular price now and not some sort of promotion or sale.

I like how they lower the price now that everyone has all their figures.

Reaction score
This is the first time I've come to the "Look what I've found" section, I never even noticed it before. I'm from Michigan, so I thought this was pretty cool, but I guess it's not???

Well I live in Adrian (anyone else here from Adrian? Or even know what it is?) Anyway, a couple days ago (maybe it was last week my Wal-Mart got the Massif, Rebel Trooper, Orn Free Taa and Qui-Gon Jinn. There were only 1 of each, so I don't know if they only got a small number or someone had already scooped the rest.

The KB Toy Works here in town just got a BUNCH of Geonosian Warriors. And Meijer has Bespin Luke (non-bloody), Mace and Jango.

G

As of 10a.m. this morning Lakeside TRU had 2 12 inch Jango's left. They were right in the front display area to the right. They also had a ton of clonetroopers and Mace Windu's.

Reaction score
Found the Deluxe Nexu and Deluxe Anakin with Sliced Geonosian Warrior at the Ann Arbor Meijer today. They had one Nexu and two Anakins as of 10:30 AM.

I also Found the NECA AOTC Snowglobe with Jango Fett's Slave 1 and the Jedi Starfighter at the Ann Arbor Media Play today. It Retailed for $39.99 This is a pretty cool Retro Piece if any of you remember the Old AT-AT walker Snowglobe from The Empire Strikes Back.

Thanks to Bonefett for Hooking me up with the Kellogs Life size Clone Trooper Helmet and Cereal set. I can't Thank You enough. Hopefully we can Trade again soon.

[ 06-05-2002, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: plo-koon ]

Status
Not open for further replies.