the new hard plastic 12" figures

Reaction score
while i have not been a big fan of these figures having only bought three stormtroopers (1 being a clone trooper, 1 being a stormtrooper and the third being a first order tropper), i am very disappointed with Boba Fett being one of the most popular characters of the star wars universe and we have not seen him yet. i was very excited about having a Fett from this line because in all these figure are kind of retro and it would have been nice to have a Fett from the new style 12" to stand next to my original 12" Fett. oh well, i guess they have no idea about what they are doing or what we want.

Reaction score
The Toys R Us Captain Phasma, Target 3-Pack Droid set and the Flametrooper were the only ones worth spending my $$ on...everything else is garbage!

Reaction score
The Target 6 TFA pack is being put on clearance now. $34.98 I've seen so far, and quite a few at my Targets. At $25 I might bite. I picked up Rey recently, and the droids, and a FO trooper. So picking up the 6 pack (with Chewy who was $15 by himself) isn't a bad deal. I have such a large Kenner/Hasbro 12" collection, but I just couldn't go all in with this plastic line.

Reaction score
I think the newer 12" line in general is nice. It is what it is. You can't compare or talk on the same level as the higher quality $$$ lines that are out there today. It's an affordable line for kids, that retailers can carry, that could also be fun for collectors, without having to invest Hundreds (or more) for your fav characters. I don't think it's anywhere near the quality of the old Hasbro line from the 90's (which I STILL believe is very underrated and down the road I think you'll look back on that line as a pretty neat line for what it cost, it is what it is. The 90's Hasbro line you can still find most of the line for somewhat affordable prices online ($20 or less), and like anything else.. some are fairly steep.

I only dabbled with the newer 12" line grabbing a few here and there when they go on sale. I picked up the Rebels pack, I like it, thought it was a good deal, I wouldn't pay full price, but it's neat.

Reaction score
I bought the First Order Stormtrooper and First Order TIE Pilot and I also think they are kind of cool for what they are. For a 12" figure that costs less than a super-articulated 3.75" figure, I'm not sure what people are expecting; but this is a very cool line of toys.

Reaction score
Picked up 2 12" Hero series R2's from Amazon for 10.99 each. Very impressed with it. Not the same detail in some respects as the Kenner/Hasbro 12" collection, but holds up great for the price. One pro over the 90's 12" is the separate foot wires.

Reaction score
Picked up 2 12" Hero series R2's from Amazon for 10.99 each. Very impressed with it. Not the same detail in some respects as the Kenner/Hasbro 12" collection, but holds up great for the price. One pro over the 90's 12" is the separate foot wires.
what is great about that new R2, the scale size is pretty close to Sideshow's 1/6 R2.
And I bought two for kitbashing use. for $10 each, its a deal

Reaction score
I've been getting some of the Hasbro 12" & also 18" figures that have come out in the last several years. I did get the 12" Rey & Deathtrooper. I also got the Target exclusive C3-PO; R2 Droid; BB-8 12" scale three pack a while back. These are definitely decent figures for the price.

That being said, I do still miss the Hasbro 1996 - 2005 line; overall, these were amazing figures & in many cases had nice cloth outfits, etc. And, the prices (average was $20 each retail) were fantastic!

I will occasionally check the Sideshow thread & the official site sometimes to see what they're offering in the 12" (1/6) scale. And, I am glad I don't collect this line anymore; the last one I got was Momaw Nadon, in early 2011. These Sideshow & Hot Toys figures are prohibitively expensive - unbelievable. They're typically asking upwards of $250 - $300 for a 12" figure, and that's the low end. These prices have gone up exponentially since I stopped collecting this line almost 6 years ago...

Reaction score
picked up the 12" scale BB-8 last night at Walmart in Old Bridge NJ. still have yet to see the Target 3 pack with him, 3PO and the other droid.

Reaction score
I've been getting some of the Hasbro 12" & also 18" figures that have come out in the last several years. I did get the 12" Rey & Deathtrooper. I also got the Target exclusive C3-PO; R2 Droid; BB-8 12" scale three pack a while back. These are definitely decent figures for the price.

That being said, I do still miss the Hasbro 1996 - 2005 line; overall, these were amazing figures & in many cases had nice cloth outfits, etc. And, the prices (average was $20 each retail) were fantastic!

I will occasionally check the Sideshow thread & the official site sometimes to see what they're offering in the 12" (1/6) scale. And, I am glad I don't collect this line anymore; the last one I got was Momaw Nadon, in early 2011. These Sideshow & Hot Toys figures are prohibitively expensive - unbelievable. They're typically asking upwards of $250 - $300 for a 12" figure, and that's the low end. These prices have gone up exponentially since I stopped collecting this line almost 6 years ago...
I know what you mean. I was a die hard Sideshow collector with their Universal Monster line back in the day. Both the 12" line and the 6" ish action figure line. I was thrilled when they added Star Wars to the 12" line. Went a couple good years and a couple cool comicon exclusives. Once the prices went closer to $100, I had to stop. I have all (barring a few rare or foreign variations) the Kenner/Hasbro 12". But I couldn't justify paying the higher prices. I have Kit Fisto, the holo chess set, Qui Gon, Boussh, Somewhere around ROTS I think. I have the "Vader" Anakin.

All that said, I am happy with the Droids Hasbro is putting out last couple years. Hope they continue. And I am hopeful for the Disney 10" Elite line, as they do harken back to the good ol Kenner days, but unfortunately are too short to really fit in. At least most female characters can pass alright. I have accumulated most of the new "shampoo bottle" 12" by the good Target sales. All except Rebels I think. The RO set is actually pretty nice too, considering the sale prices..

T16

Reaction score
Picked up the target droid 3 pack today. The droids in this line go very well with the Disney elite premium line. Also ordered R2.