The New Action fleet line from 2002

Reaction score
I saw all 3 in a local toy store (Hong Kong) and bought the Millenium Falcon (since I don't have the old one).
I like the paint job a lot which is more realistic (sort of battle-damaged color) and the overall package. But the neg parts are that it was designed in such a way that you cannot pulled out the display stand (w/ gold letters not silver) without damaging the box (they packed the stand the way they packed the 3 3/4" figs). Also it looks kind of incompleted now they do not come w/ any mini figures since the original features are still there except only the rocket firing thing in the middle (which is now blocked w/ a flat plastic from the front)

Well, since I can't afford the old one, I'll have to settle for this

Reaction score
No Mini-Figs? How disappointing! Are they trying to kill the line or what? The only silver lining there is I won't have to worry about my son losing them.

EPII Action fleet could have been very promising: Battle Packs with Coruscant Speeders or Hail Fire Droids, not to mention all the great ships. Action Fleet is what got me enthusiastic about collecting in the first place- I only started with the action figures as a side effect.

G

No mini-figures? Bah. I guess 'll just have to go have fun with my old Action Fleets....best star wars toys ever ,$10 for a ship and two figures. I miss the old line ...it was great.

Reaction score
Originally posted by GLOFett:
Does anyone know if they are going to do EII Action Fleet at all?
<font size="2" face="arial">Supposedly we are getting 4 new EPII ships by years end - the first two coming around september I think are Dooku's Solar Sailor, and a Clone Tank (the walker thingies I presume) and I think a Republic Gunship is also in the works- don't remember what the 4th one was.
Not sure how much of this is confirmed or speculation, but it is possible we may never see these the way Hasbro is handling the line- Naboo Starfighter, X-wings, and Vader's Tie? Oh Please! I got bored finding these for $2- what makes them think I want another one for $10 just because they glopped some black paint on it!

Reaction score
Should've looked there first- SSG just posted a link to new AF ships- check it out (OK, I admit I am more excited after seeing the Clone Tank!)

G

Originally posted by short4astormtrooper:
Should've looked there first- SSG just posted a link to new AF ships- check it out (OK, I admit I am more excited after seeing the Clone Tank!)
<font size="2" face="arial">Were were you looking at these? "SSG" what link is that?

Reaction score
I'm a huge Action Fleet fan, so I'm feeling both good and bad about all of this.

Action Fleet ended when it was really getting good. I was lucky and managed to grab those last few Episode I vehicles (the Queen's ship, Sith Infiltrator, Droid Tank), and all of them were amazing. So now the line is getting another chance, and they're starting it on a very bad foot. I don't mind the rehashed Battle Packs, they're good for the people who didn't get them all back in the day (heck, I'm thinking of snagging the one with the Bantha, as I don't have one of those).

The vehicles, though... Hm. I suppose it makes sense to start off with familiar things that new collectors would want, but no figures? What, do they want to take away all of the playability? One of the brilliant things about the Action Fleet line was the fact that it was small enough to be affordable and space-effective, yet big enough to have neat action features and fit those cute little people. It sucks if they're taking away features like the missile on the Falcon, as that is undoubtedly one of the very best vehicles they did (and in no small part because of the tons of features on it). I'm not interested in getting duplicates of most of these things (I'm almost considering the X-Wing, but I have every single one they did except the ToyFare Dagobah one, so I'm thinking I could save the money). The Naboo fighter's a maybe, since I have a spare spot on my Naboo Hangar playset that a damaged fighter would fill nicely.

Now then, the new stuff... Again, if there aren't any figures, I'm very sorely disappointed. I like the looks of the walker, and really would love a Gunship (but I want a little Clonetrooper or two to put in it, dangit!). A Jedi Starfighter seems like a must, as do the speeders. Now, as for Dooku's Solar Sailer, I have to say I'm rather let down. It looks like maybe that sail pops off and you can close the flap things, but I was hoping for something with the quality of the Episode I Droid Fighter (that thing was like a Transformer!). I figured it would be about the size of most Action Fleet things (maybe the Gungan Sub) when closed, and would have a cloth or soft plastic sail so it could open up kind of big. It could have been far bigger and more detailed. But, alas, it looks like I won't have a little Dooku to put in there...

I still want the Star Destroyer and maybe even the Death Star they never finished, but taking away the figures and eliminating some play features is just foolish... I hope we see better soon, or my favorite toy line may get retired once again.

RB

G

Does anyone know if they are going to do EII Action Fleet at all?

Reaction score
Many were great for use with the old WEG miniatures. Too bad they don't fit the new 30mm ones. Ill still get the cool ones though.

Reaction score
The vehicles, though... Hm. I suppose it makes sense to start off with familiar things that new collectors would want, but no figures? What, do they want to take away all of the playability?
<font size="2" face="arial">I agree that playability is one of the important parts of this particular line. They did quite well in the past to maintain these sweet features (though some are not quite right or even in scale) while maintaining the overall likeness. I do hope they keep on this direction. Otherwise it may become another line of boring and poorly executed "sculptures"

G

Do the re-issues of the Action Fleet Millenium Falcon, X-wing and Darth's TIE come with mini figs?

Reaction score
I found the new MM Action Fleet today at Walmart in Pueblo, Colorado.

Saga Action Fleet . I was curious to see if the date on the bottom of the X-wing was an "old" one, but was surprised to see that it is dated 2002. I really like the new Saga AF box..it's "cute"

I also put up a page of the Battlepacks, if you're interested...
BATTLEPACKS

I thought it was "mildly" interesting that the Action Fleet vehicles have the MicroMachines logo on them and the Battlepacks do not?

....and as stated before, there are no mini figs with the vehicles.

Reaction score
The X wing does come with an R2 D2, But it is Glued in and if you remove it, you'll have to scrape the glue and paint out of the astromech port.

Reaction score
Just returning to the forum after a long absence.

The AT-TE is GREAT!!!! I always loved the Imperial/Federation stuff more but this is an exceptional figure. What about some tiny figure for it? When it will be released?

G

Originally posted by Neo-242:
Has anyone seen detailed photo's of Dooku's Solar Sailer?
<font size="2" face="arial">i havent found the exact page, but i have seen it on the hasbro site before.