The Music Thread - What's on? Song of the day? etc

Reaction score
My faves Ivan & Alyosha had their song "Don't Lose Your Love" picked up by Mercedes Benz for their new commercial! Be on the look-out for it. Such a great tune.

Reaction score
Amazon has their "thank you" sale going on today. I needed to order something else to get me over the $50 limit so I got Joe Jackson's "Night and Day." What a fantastic album! "Stepping Out" and "Breaking Us in Two" were the only songs I was familiar with. The rest of the album is just as great.

Reaction score
I picked up Faith No More's "The Real Thing" from the library today. This is one of those albums I had on cassette back in my youth that I haven't re-purchased yet. My flawed memory tells me that I loved the album and played it to death. Newfound practical experience tells me that I loved the first thee songs on the album and played them to death. That trio holds up remarkably well, although I was surprised to find that "Epic" is now my least favorite of the three (the other two being "From Out of Nowhere" and "Falling to Pieces"). Their cover of "War Pigs" is passable, while "Edge of the World" isn't bad. I can skip the rest of the album.

Reaction score
been a drama enriched day in my life so the song playing over and over in my head has been the Smiths: Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want This Time.

Reaction score
Dig Down- Muse

Not what I was expecting, sounds kinda like a mix between their sound on The Resistance and The 2nd Law albums.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Listening to a lot of Soundgarden too :(

Forgot about the new Muse until you guys just mentioned it and yes very reminiscent of Madness, which I didn't care for the first time I heard it but came to love it over the years and yes you are right Mildoo, better climax, also has a great guitar solo
I didn't care for The Resistance very much, way too much filler after the first couple tracks. I enjoy The 2nd Law more, again starts off great, moves to filler tracks, recovers in the middle, back to filler, recovers at the end. I thought Drones was back to a step in the right direction and am looking forward to the new album, seems like two years is kind of a quick turnaround though. I'll be seeing them in September with Thirty Seconds to Mars, looking forward to that. I've only seen them once before but they put on a great show.

Listened to the new Selena Gomez song "Bad Liar", good little pop song but I swear that's the bass line from Talking Head's "Psycho Killer"

Just started Blink 182 California (Deluxe) It took a little getting used to their first album without Tom but it grew on me. Had no idea this new deluxe edition had 11 new songs

Reaction score
Royal Blood.

and after that, more Royal Blood.
(the new album dropped on monday -- SO good). B)

Reaction score
Anxiously awaiting JD McPherson's new album Friday.....so the track today - "Cryins Just a Thing That You do"

Reaction score
I will look that up! Wasn't he the guy that did a song for TWD soundtrack that came out a couple of years ago?
Hmm, I don't think so. Could be wrong.

You'll be hooked within the opening seconds of the song mentioned. Rest of the album sounds stellar. Check out his last disc too - perfection.

Reaction score
Hmm, I don't think so. Could be wrong.

You'll be hooked within the opening seconds of the song mentioned. Rest of the album sounds stellar. Check out his last disc too - perfection.
I was thinking of Jamie Commons!
I am familiar with JD. Let the Good Times Roll and North Side Gal have been on my Spotify since February of 2015. He is good.

Reaction score
GVF has been having a lot of playtime on my local rock station. They are awesome!!
Sweet.

So young, so talented. They are playing a show alongside another band in my hometown December 1st.. SOLD OUT. Ugh. Gotta figure out a way to get in that venue.

Dave - have you checked out Barns Courtney?

Reaction score
Sweet.

So young, so talented. They are playing a show alongside another band in my hometown December 1st.. SOLD OUT. Ugh. Gotta figure out a way to get in that venue.

Dave - have you checked out Barns Courtney?
GVF is from a small town in Michigan called Frankenmuth, been there a lot over the years. Cute little town, very touristy and they have the world’s largest Christmas store. Anyways.....

Barns Courtney is very good. The song Fire is my favorite of his. I haven’t listened to his new album yet, going to add that to my Spotify!