The Mandalorian with Child 2Pack

bac

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
^ just ordered build up set and 2nd incinerator trooper...at least free shipping this time, lol. I bet this 2nd trooper will process and ship b4 the 1 i ordered w/in hour 1 of listing going live 4 weeks ago

Last edited:
Reaction score
If the build up pack is Beskar Mando I’ll keep it. It would have to be extremely cool otherwise for me to not cancel if it’s original Mando. I’m good on him.

Reaction score

bac

Reaction score
Walmart has the TVC Mandalorian Build-Up pack pre-order live. $24.99, Dec. delivery.

Edit: I ordered two. Better safe than sorry. Can always cancel later if need be.

Per Yak-Face this is a Walmart exclusive as suspected. Mando + Child + Pram. I do wonder if any elements of it will be exclusive to the pack. It would be killer if this was the S1 E2 version with muddy Mando and the Sukkah egg accessory.

Reaction score
Per Yak-Face this is a Walmart exclusive as suspected. Mando + Child + Pram. I do wonder if any elements of it will be exclusive to the pack. It would be killer if this was the S1 E2 version with muddy Mando and the Sukkah egg accessory.
Words can't express how little interest I would have in a muddy Mando. That set would be way too scene specific for me.

bac

Reaction score
@HothHan then what should it be? A repack of Season 1 or the Beskar Armor from S1/S2 coming in the next wave? I'll take a straight repack if the helmet is off, but that's also scene specific.

You could argue Hoth Luke is scene specific. Same with Bespin Gown Leia. Or R2 w/sensorscope.

Reaction score
I'll wait till some pics of what this consists of show before I commit, I'm already on track to get Beskar Mando and Child w/pram coming with the Razor crest.

Reaction score
@HothHan then what should it be? A repack of Season 1 or the Beskar Armor from S1/S2 coming in the next wave? I'll take a straight repack if the helmet is off, but that's also scene specific.

You could argue Hoth Luke is scene specific. Same with Bespin Gown Leia. Or R2 w/sensorscope.
Yes Hoth Luke and Bespin Leia are scene specific. Totally agree. Still doesn't mean I want muddy Mandalorian.

Can't the set just be Mando, pram, and The Child without being too scene specific?

bac

Reaction score
Can't the set just be Mando, pram, and The Child without being too scene specific?
Sure it could. But this could be the only way to get a muddy Mando as he may not warrant a main line release.

If I had to guess, this will have an exclusive removable helmet but otherwise be identical to the main line Beskar Mando coming out the same time.

Reaction score
i thought i read that too that it was WM excl while the 6" version is a target excl.
I too hope it's the muddy variant w/ 1st pram. An included egg would be cool, but maybe save that for an offworld jawa repaint accessory/ pack in.

I'll wait till some pics of what this consists of show before I commit, I'm already on track to get Beskar Mando and Child w/pram coming with the Razor crest.
i was kinda thinking same thing, but WM is easy to cancel if pics show up and its not worth getting (what am i saying, it's the Mandalorian w/ the Child, it'll be worth it) so i ordered it just to be on safe side while orderable, yet again incinerator trooper is still orderable after 4 weeks...good ole wally mart..never consistent except for being inconsistently consistent.

Last edited:
Reaction score
ummm...link is now down (approx at 9:05 PM EST) link goes to a generic mando mondays page. link worked seconds before my post above when i quoted bac and Masterfett. My acct still shows the order un altered, but link w/in my acct still goes to the generic MM page. Good thing i didn't cancel 1st incinerator trooper order yet.

Mods, could we get a separate thread for this?

Last edited:
Reaction score
That link to the build-up pack doesn't seem to be working now. I just lands on a "Mando Mondays" page.

bac

Reaction score
Looks like Walmart caught their goof. Someone is watching somewhere.

My order is also still there. Hoping it sticks so I don't have to bother with it Monday.

Reaction score
same here, i suppose it's a likely reveal on monday then. Worse part about having to reorder is wm will put a pre auth hold for this order now, then another on monday (assuming that's the legit launch day) if we have to reorder so for few days, cc accts w/ be "short" 2x the order amount.

I assume MM preorder times will be like last time 1PM PST ($4M EST)..that's a help if have to reorder. Well, Amazon didnt cancel those feb preorders of GNK and hondo waves so maybe WM won't

edit..wm did preauth my cc

Last edited:
Reaction score
My order is still secured, thank goodness. Hopefully nothing will change within the next few days.

Ironically I just rewatched the full first season tonight to prep for season two & Mando Monday and was how I'd love a muddy Mando with the sookah. :LOL: I hope we get preorders for some Jawas soon too - hopefully they'll offer solid cases online. They could repaint all the ANH card Jawas that aren't selling at Disney World.

Reaction score
I’ll do it if it’s Beskar. Otherwise, I won’t need it.

Reaction score
Interesting it seems someone jumped blaster and listed it too early lol
What I find odd is that the Incinerator trooper isn't even listed there on the Mando Monday page.

But this could be the only way to get a muddy Mando as he may not warrant a main line release.
It's also very easy for someone to just splash some brown paint on their Mando, if someone truly wants that look. While I understand wanting scene/movie specific outfits, I don't get wanting something like this that's extremely scene specific and not even ones clothing. That is something that should stay in the 5POA line IMO.

Reaction score
I can appreciate that some collectors want every variant Hasbro will release for certain characters, but a muddy Mando just wouldn't interest me, and we all know they wont alter the sculpt if something like that were planned. Since TVC is such a limited line, I don't think minor costume variants from single episodes should take a slot in the line. Ideally, this release should match the TBS Beskar version, and include the same accessories - otherwise I'm going to have to cancel as well.

Reaction score
Why would a rehash of the single-carded/Haslab version be better than a scene-specific variant?

I think the best choice of Mando for this set would be the original armour with the Beskar pauldron, or the Beskar armour without the Mudhorn signet. They're both looks that last across multiple episodes, and offer something new without being completely different.

bac

Reaction score
So some folks want this 2-pack Mando to be the exact same as the single card Beskar Mando with no variation. Is that to spend less by skipping this or the single pack? Just curious.

I fall into the camp of knowing Hasbro is going to milk Mando so at least give us a show-accurate variant and reason to want this pack. If it's the exact same as single card Mando + single card Child then the only incentive is to get the Child several months earlier.

Reaction score
I actually hope it’s exactly the same Beskar that they plan to release on card. I think we’ll need as many chances to procure that figure as possible.

Reaction score
So some folks want this 2-pack Mando to be the exact same as the single card Beskar Mando with no variation. Is that to spend less by skipping this or the single pack? Just curious.
Maybe for some. I wouldn't want a muddy version just because. Maybe down the road, sure, but it's not something I'd ask for.

I'll try to buy this because I'm sure there's something that'll be exclusive to the set and I care more about accessories than packaging variants. So gettibg the Child and a Mando with some bonus stuff is a no brainer for me. If it's the beskar Mando, I can look past double dipping on him from the first version (even though that's actually the costume I prefer). I'm also still on the fence about the Razorcrest, so if it's just a repack of that version, I'm ok with that too.

Reaction score
I actually hope it’s exactly the same Beskar that they plan to release on card. I think we’ll need as many chances to procure that figure as possible.
as much as I'd like for the 2pk to be muddy Mando, I've also noticed awhile back that the upc for single beskar version is out of sequence w/ the remainder of the wave as if it may have been an add on. Of the 3 remaining figures in that wave (all from Mandalorian) I could almost see the Beskar being the 2nd 1/ case as to, as you say, provide an additional chance at this figure when WM sells thru the 2pks. Then in 2021 wv2 the Child COULD be a repack of this 2 pack version, again having 2 repacks in a 5 fig wave (assuming Snaggs is a repack)

the figure w/ RC should be the same Beskar except a soft goods cape instead of a plastic cape

Reaction score
Same, no changes to my order either.
same here. i know wm has a bad rep for deaying and cancelling preorders while sending full stock to stores first, but i was wondering if they are as bad at that if placed a order w/ other items with the preorder. To get free shipping, i reordered incinerator trooper, w/ 2 seperate orders, the shipping and tax on shipping on 2 orders would cost as much as a TVC fig

Reaction score
I'm kind of nervous that we still haven't seen any pics for this listing yet. It's supposed to go up "officially" on the WM site on 10/26 for Mando Mondays. If it does go up again on Monday and they are still no pics, I will not be ordering it. When it comes to making cool action figures, I have faith in Hasbro but not blind faith.

I need to know what a figure looks like before I buy it.

Reaction score
It's a safe bet, it will be revealed mid day on Monday then a few hrs later, orders will be live. Still, orders are easy to cancel w/ wm so it was a no brainer last night when I ordered "blind". I'm more worried the time alk preorders go live. I may be at work and limited internet access. Tvc fett sold out quickly on pulse, but I managed to get an order in. Not sure if I'll be lucky a 2nd time. Preorders last longer on Amazon but I'd rather not go there even though I still have some credit to use up.