The Mandalorian Want List

Reaction score
Given the 10 month delay in one of the China factories (source:Boss Fight, but it applies to the toy industry in general)

I am happy to get whatever is making it out of production. But ya expect the slots to be limited for awhile.

Reaction score
Just buy the Power Ranger pig monster and PRETEND it’s a blurrg! It’s close enough.

bac

Reaction score
More like a 2.25 pack :)

Seriously though, that's low hanging fruit.

I suspect the secrecy behind Luke and the Darktroopers is why we haven't seen any in either line yet. Hasbro found out when we did.

Reaction score
Meanwhile it seems everyone else knows ahead of time, otherwise how does Hot Toys already have the Darktrooper up?

bac

Reaction score
I get the impression Hot Toys can get a figure put together and slotted into their production/release timeline much faster than Hasbro can.

Per what Hasbro preaches the line is essentially locked in 12-18 months in advance.

Reaction score
Meanwhile, Funko takes about one week. I don’t trust the timeline so much, when EVERYONE else gets stuff so fast…

Reaction score
Exactly, and look at Marvel, they often have the figure ready to go post media debut. Such as with the D+ shows or in other cases prior to the movie's launch by a good month. Heck look at how long Black Widow and Shang-Chi figure have been available. Granted those movie ware delayed but it doesn't change the fact how far in advance those figure were ready to go.

bac

Reaction score
I don't doubt the loose timeline. It all depends on when Lucasfilm wants to give Hasbro the assets, when Lucasfilm wants it on shelf, and what Hasbro already has slotted.

Marvel Legends has more waves than Black Series and TVC combined it seems. They seemingly can cram more in and likely get the assets much sooner, as Marvel LEGO sets also prove.

Reaction score
Perhaps Hasbro has done a bit of exaggerating when it comes to product development timetables? I'd like to think for a modern major toy corporation, that they're not that far behind all these other collectible companies. Even Hasbro mentioning how long it takes would lead me to believe its not exactly an efficient process - I imagine a lot of time and money can probably be saved along the line. Something like the Blurrg should be out already, in more than the little kids assortment.

Reaction score
Meanwhile it seems everyone else knows ahead of time, otherwise how does Hot Toys already have the Darktrooper up?
Hot Toys have a lot more mandalorian products the hasbro it seems. Hasbro is a slow moving company. They need a shake up in management or something.

Reaction score
Yeah the 12-18 months does seem a bit long in today's era, after all time is Money has always been a thing and even more so now in the digital age where people don't want to wait. And perhaps a decade ago and even longer when they actually had 2 years between movies there was never a sense of urgency with it like there is now with trying to keep up with the entertainment. And the double downside is that they no longer have that two year hiatus to reissue filler waves that served two purposes, one having something out for consumers to actually buy who might have missed it before and also bring in revenue for said new molds. The bonus was also getting some PT and EU coverage as well in attempt to cover all fan bases.

That simply isn't possible today, certainly not based on that old strategy. And seems to me that LFL and Hasbro needs to figure something out so they aren't waiting two years after the fact to release a main freaking character/Villain! Not having figures for the movie in 77' is a whole different story than it is today I can guarantee, the landscape has changes dramatically and no longer can afford such hiatuses or long wait times.

bac

Reaction score
Being able to make a figure is one thing. Having your distribution already spoken for 12-18 months in advance is another. There are only so many slots, hence why exclusives are vital to getting things out in a somewhat timely manner, like the Incinerator Trooper last winter.

We could have had Fett and Fennec for BoBF before the year is out, the same way Black Series is getting them in their November wave. The assets were obviously available. But with nowhere to put them in the line, and OT still more of a priority for TVC than new media, we wait.

Reaction score
I didn’t realize TBS was getting those two. Surely we will, too! 🥴

Reaction score
Yeah well that's what I thought about Paz Vizsla, yet two years after still nothing on that front. And we still haven't gotten Kuill yet, which means he's arrive about 3 years after the fact. lol

And don't get me started on easy repaints like Axe Woves, Death Watch etc. Not to mention they could have repainted/retooled the new Fett figure for Mandalorian Loyalist and Super Commando. Actually plenty of Mandalorian repaints that could be released this filling two needs on both on the part of Hasbro and the collector, but they prefer to keep releasing figures like that Endor Han...

Reaction score
Being able to make a figure is one thing. Having your distribution already spoken for 12-18 months in advance is another. There are only so many slots, hence why exclusives are vital to getting things out in a somewhat timely manner, like the Incinerator Trooper last winter.

We could have had Fett and Fennec for BoBF before the year is out, the same way Black Series is getting them in their November wave. The assets were obviously available. But with nowhere to put them in the line, and OT still more of a priority for TVC than new media, we wait.
Agree with your view, I think vintage was heavily leaned into OT as a way to build a foundation back at retail, hopefully 2022 is full of more mandalorian product. I'm still dying to know where IG11 is ending up.

And my obligatory I want Mando version 1.5

Reaction score
I keep blaming Covid delays for lack of product and info about upcoming product, but you guys are right—it’s been a MINUTE and still a lot of TBS releases haven’t seen a TVC counterpart yet. We just need to keep asking, I guess…

bac

Reaction score
I was looking over my figures this morning and realized the figure I want the most from The Mandalorian at this moment is.. Peli Motto. And her Pit Droids.

She's unique and she impacts Mando's journey multiple times. And technically she interacts with the Crest.

Reaction score
Like someone previously mentioned they could always just repaint Rose and sculpt a new head thus save several pennies on tooling costs, which would make her a more likely candidate in getting made versus being all new. I'm just not sure how deep they can actually go with limited slots that TVC has available, though with an increase in nee media it might actually be possible especially if she appears in S3 as well.

Based on the rumblings I'm hearing we won't get S3 until late 22, probably Oct/Dec since that's been the months the show airs. So it could be a long while before we see anything Mando related again beside repaints. Since BOBF airs in December of 21 it's likely that show is the new media they will be drawing on for most of 22 for new characters, as well as Bad Batch since it too is already over and TBS has them. With the possibility that Obi-Wan might air in June we could potentially see figures from that show as early as December 22.

I remain curious as to how it will play out with their new focus on new media and the ratios given to each one.

bac

Reaction score
An important scene in The Mandalorian lore: The Egg and Mudhorn.

TBS had the slight edge thus far.

THE BLACK SERIESTVC
Mandalorian - Damaged and MuddyYESNO
The Child - Using the ForceYESNO
Mudhorn Egg ClosedYESYES
Mudhorn Egg OpenYESYES
Offworld JawaYESYES
Offworld Jawa Elder w/KnifeNOYES
KuiilYESYES
MudhornNONO
Arvala-7 SandcrawlerNONO
TOTAL65

Reaction score
I was looking over my figures this morning and realized the figure I want the most from The Mandalorian at this moment is.. Peli Motto. And her Pit Droids.

She's unique and she impacts Mando's journey multiple times. And technically she interacts with the Crest.
Agree
Added the ripely head to mineCFF8B033-FA29-4077-ADB5-40028055F6CD.jpeg
Like someone previously mentioned they could always just repaint Rose and sculpt a new head thus save several pennies on tooling costs, which would make her a more likely candidate in getting made versus being all

Reaction score
It's nice that you found a use for that MIB figure! I traditionally don't like heads with eyewear because it doesn't seem logical in space or in highly advanced cultures that you'd think eyesight would have been fixed. But it looks pretty good on that uniform.

Reaction score
Having received IG-11 this week and knowing Kuiil is on the way makes me change my stance on S1 Greef - that figure is necessary to complete the S1 Mandalorian cast. Hopefully they come up with a way to get that one out at some point