The Mandalorian - VC***

GNT

Reaction score
Please use this thread to discuss the 3inch Vintage The Mandalorian from the TV show.

Reaction score
I really like what was shown of it in the last couple of days.

But no date of when we can expect it?

Will be this year?

Reaction score
Is this one of the ones that are supposed to up for pre-order on Monday

Reaction score

Now on the front page ... http://rebelscum.com/2019/2019-MCM-London-Paris-Hasbro/
He looks fantastic. (except that stiff plastic capes, luckily the easiest thing to change) especially if he'll be siting in the cockpit of the Razor Crest, or riding a Dewback , (which we hopefully get a Vintage Collection non CG'd version, to match the one he'll be riding, as per the concept image.)

(FYI: Obvious not pictured since the empty holster is there, but the blurry convention pics in the general thread do show he of course does come with his hand blaster too.)

Posing him with a line up of the other Bounty Hunter Guild members (Humans, Aliens, Droids) And in or in front of the inevitable Razor Crest vehicle release, is going to look fantastic!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm usually not a soft goods fan but that cape thing needed to be soft goods. That will be replaced immediately.

Reaction score
Day 1 preorder. That cape is definitely poo, but will look fine on card. Will need to find a replacement for the opener though. I like that they made the helmet a bit larger in scale to his body, similar to Boba Fett. The actual Mando helmet is much smaller and form-fitting than Fett's, but I like this better for consistency's sake. Was probably unintentional on the sculptor's part, but I approve!

Reaction score
For anyone in the UK and Europe some of the online retailers now have the TVC The Mandalorian up for pre-order. Like with Cara Dune it's strange how some list January as the release date and others list April. I believe January is more likely since Yakface said the wave is coming in early 2020 anyway and I doubt we'll have to wait until April/May for the next waves of TVC and Black Series.

From what was said in the Paris and MCM London panels US pre-orders for The Mandalorian and Cara Dune should open up tomorrow (Monday).

Yes there will be full sets of the wave available after the rest of the wave has been revealed so there's no need to rush to pre-order. I just thought I'd let you know in case any of you want this figure and don't usually buy cases. The wave as we know it right now is The Mandalorian, Cara Dune, an unknown The Mandalorian character codenamed "Duck" (who will likely be revealed at Lucca or Manga Barcelona in a few days), an AOTC Clone and at least two unknown figures according to Yakface.

https://www.indemandtoys.co.uk/product/pre-order-star-wars-vintage-collection-mandalorian/

https://www.staractionfigures.co.uk/E8086.html

Reaction score
I really like what was shown of it in the last couple of days.

But no date of when we can expect it?

Will be this year?
It's up for pre-order on some of the UK and Europe online retailers (goes up for pre-order in the US tomorrow) and weirdly some list January while others list April. I think it's very unlikely we have to wait until April for the next waves of TVC and Black Series so I think January is the right one. Plus Yakface have said the wave is coming in early 2020 so January sounds more accurate to me.

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. Simply beautiful. Hats of to Disney for an amazing job. Special thanks go to Kathleen. Seems that she does know a thing or two about SW after all.

Agreed with all that prefer soft goods cape. Make it happen Hasbro. We know you’re listening.

Reaction score
I'd bet we'll see the Mandalorian wave before the end of the year. They always have the first quarter wave dropping in December, much like the first 4" TBS releases around TFA's December release in 2015. It really doesn't make sense for this wave to be released after the series ends. Makes sense to release them just as The Mandalorian is boiling, TROS hits theaters and this wave drops. BOOM! Fan overload!

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's up for pre-order on some of the UK and Europe online retailers (goes up for pre-order in the US tomorrow) and weirdly some list January while others list April. I think it's very unlikely we have to wait until April for the next waves of TVC and Black Series so I think January is the right one. Plus Yakface have said the wave is coming in early 2020 so January sounds more accurate to me.

Thanks, are there any European but non-uk stores? Shipping to me from the UK is a killer oddly...

Reaction score
I'd bet we'll see the Mandalorian wave before the end of the year. They always have the first quarter wave dropping in December, much like the first 4" TBS releases around TFA's December release in 2015. It really doesn't make sense for this wave to be released after the series ends. Makes sense to release them just as The Mandalorian is boiling, TROS hits theaters and this wave drops. BOOM! Fan overload!
I agree. The Yavin Leia/Jawa wave was listed by Hasbro as a December wave and that's already been out a week! I bet we'll see online e-tailers fulfilling orders and shipping the Mando wave just before Xmas/right before the show ends (the last episode is due out 12/27). Retail will probably get them right around the week of Xmas or New Year's if that's the case.

Reaction score
This figure along with the Cara one looks fantastic. I will definitely be buying them. Hopefully we get a big old Razorcrest to fly them around in along with an IG-11 figure too.

Reaction score
Yeah. I mean I only said January because that looks like the month the wave is slated to be released. That being said as Darth_Brett said the Sith Trooper, Shadow Trooper etc wave is slated for December and yet has hit retail stores a full month and a half early. I agree we'll most likely see The Mandalorian/Cara Dune wave hit retail stores before the end of the year.

Reaction score
Every day, I scroll past the Hasbro Pulse link when checking my usual webpages for news. After peak periods of new Star Wars product (like TFF), I ask myself, "Why bother checking HP? They won't have anything new posted."

Thank the Force I checked today: I preordered one of The Mandalorian. Now the waiting will be the hardest thing. :p

Reaction score
Is he part of a wave? I’d rather pre order the entire case
He is. First wave of 2020 with The Mandalorian, Cara Dune, an unknown The Mandalorian character codenamed "Duck" (who will probably be revealed in a few days), an AOTC Clone and at least two unknown figures. No idea who "Duck" will be but it's definitely not IG-11 or Offworld Jawa as their codenames were already revealed as "Bobby" and "LA Blinky" respectively.

There's also a vehicle codenamed "Duckboat" so the vehicle is likely related to the "Duck" figure. According to Yakface it's an Imperial vehicle and will cost over $100.

Reaction score
I was just re-watching Hasbro's MCM London Comic Con panel and here's something interesting Hasbro's Sam Smith said on The Mandalorian figure. I thought it was worth bringing up:

"I think that the biggest thing is as we strive to bring newness to The Vintage Collection we're always looking to make these as close as we can from a detail but also try to push the envelope in terms of articulation. Especially taking into consideration the intended poseability of this. This borrows a lot of the same learnings that we had with our Rogue One Stormtrooper and we're able to bring this to a Mandalorian form. If it's something you guys are a fan of we're certainly looking to keep doing it more in the future."

Based on what Sam said it sounds like Hasbro will be treating The Mandalorian sculpt as the definitive sculpt for Mandalorian figures going forward like how the Rogue One Stormtrooper is the definitive sculpt for Stormtrooper figures. Therefore I wouldn't be surprised if we see Mandalorian re-paints at some point like how we're already getting Stormtrooper re-paints with the Shadow Trooper.

Reaction score
I was just re-watching Hasbro's MCM London Comic Con panel and here's something interesting Hasbro's Sam Smith said on The Mandalorian figure. I thought it was worth bringing up:

"I think that the biggest thing is as we strive to bring newness to The Vintage Collection we're always looking to make these as close as we can from a detail but also try to push the envelope in terms of articulation. Especially taking into consideration the intended poseability of this. This borrows a lot of the same learnings that we had with our Rogue One Stormtrooper and we're able to bring this to a Mandalorian form. If it's something you guys are a fan of we're certainly looking to keep doing it more in the future."

Based on what Sam said it sounds like Hasbro will be treating The Mandalorian sculpt as the definitive sculpt for Mandalorian figures going forward like how the Rogue One Stormtrooper is the definitive sculpt for Stormtrooper figures. Therefore I wouldn't be surprised if we see Mandalorian re-paints at some point like how we're already getting Stormtrooper re-paints with the Shadow Trooper.

Thanks for the info; the interesting this is with the show: the look of the costume is going to change, to reflect new acquisitions. I don't think that is his only costume look, but we will know soon enough. this show hits in mere weeks

Reaction score
Ordered via Pulse, as well as a Sith Trooper and Cara. I like ordering in 3 too. Still might go back and orders seconds just in case.

Reaction score
Ordered via Pulse, as well as a Sith Trooper and Cara. I like ordering in 3 too. Still might go back and orders seconds just in case.
The good news there is Pulse will send you three massive boxes, one for each figure!

Reaction score
Hey, I get free shipping so I don't care how many shipments it takes. lol At least the send the figure in boxes w/1 air bag. Amazon likes to mail thing in envelopes to be smashed...

Reaction score
went w/ pulse too. I just hope they still honor free shipping if premium free shipping expires b4 they actually ship. but I am hoping rumors are true and this wv will ship around dec/jan

Reaction score
Hey, I get free shipping so I don't care how many shipments it takes.
You should care about your carbon footprint.

lol At least the send the figure in boxes w/1 air bag. Amazon likes to mail thing in envelopes to be smashed...
I've received multiple smashed figures from Pulse this year (at least 3 I can remember off the top of my head. One was a replacement for a smashed figure that arrived...slightly less smashed.) All my amazon orders arrived in perfect shape.

Roll of the dice.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm 100% in agreement, since I've had the same experiences. I only care about carbon freezing. B)
Hey, I get free shipping so I don't care how many shipments it takes. lol At least the send the figure in boxes w/1 air bag. Amazon likes to mail thing in envelopes to be smashed...

Reaction score
went w/ pulse too. I just hope they still honor free shipping if premium free shipping expires b4 they actually ship. but I am hoping rumors are true and this wv will ship around dec/jan
That was something that held me back from ordering the newly announced figures from Pulse -- I don't want to come around to March or May and then get stuck with a shipping charge.

Reaction score
I got the regular 6" Black Series Mandalorian figure from Pulse. It was packed like crap but actually arrived in perfect shape.

Reaction score
I would give Pulse a chance with vintage cards if I had to, but never buy TVC from Amazon unless it was an opener.