The Mandalorian (TV Show) Want List

Reaction score
I imagine we'll get Fennec, as she checks several boxes; it's a no-brainer, really.

What's weird is that Hasbro acts like they're still worried about certain characters (like background aliens and secondaries) being potential pegwarmers--but there aren't any pegs anymore anyway, so what does it matter? Anything they make will be ordered through online by the collectors. It is IMPOSSIBLE for them to make a 3.75" Mandalorian story figure that won't sell out.

They tried to throw the old OT fans several bones in Episode 5, but ultimately just left us wanting more. It's interesting that we've seen both Jawas and Tuskens in the first few hours of the series! Maybe we'll meet an actual familiar old-school named character soon!
Can you imagine if Hasbro does an updated SA Tusken and puts it on a Mandalorian cardback instead of Star Wars? A segment of the fanbase would revolt.

Reaction score
Can you imagine if Hasbro does an updated SA Tusken and puts it on a Mandalorian cardback instead of Star Wars? A segment of the fanbase would revolt.
Most of the customers won't care but I can see the vocal old collectors crying and making a lot of noise.

Reaction score
Getting back on topic...

Seeing how these things have been announced:
-The Mandalorian (chapter 1 & 2)
-Cara Dune
-Remnant Stormtrooper

....I would want the following:

-The Mandalorian (chapter 3 armor)
-Mandalorian Heavy Infantry
-Mandalorian Armorer
-Greef Karga
-Trandoshan bounty hunter
-IG-11
-Offworld Jawa
-The Child
-Moff Gideon (Giancarlo Esposito's character)
-Kuill

Reaction score
Very psyched for Moff Gideon to make his entrance, and his eventual figure. IMO its good that diz serialized the Mandalorian and didn’t drop it all at once. Makes it much more fun to follow and discuss.

Reaction score
I'm patiently waiting for the Scout Trooper on the white speeder bike as teased in the promos.

Other than that, the Razor Crest (Which I believe it's production depends how well the shows rides from the end of season 1 to the start of season 2).

Reaction score
I want a Razors Crest. I'm not spending a conceivable $200 on it though knowing it will eventually be obtainable for way less.

Reaction score
Very psyched for Moff Gideon to make his entrance, and his eventual figure. IMO its good that diz serialized the Mandalorian and didn’t drop it all at once. Makes it much more fun to follow and discuss.
True. That's the problem with the "season dump" strategy that most streamers have. The conversation is over after the first week-end. Some people binge it right away, some people take their time. But there's never any kind of shared conversation about it after the fact. It just vanishes from the pop cultural consciousness until it's time to wait for the next season.

The one-a-week strategy ensures that it stays relevant, it stays talked about for the entire run. As much as people think they love binging it at once, people still really dig the "watercooler" aspect to everyone watching a show at the same time, whether it's LOST or GoT or True Detective (S1) or Breaking Bad and now Mandalorian.

Reaction score
True. That's the problem with the "season dump" strategy that most streamers have. The conversation is over after the first week-end. Some people binge it right away, some people take their time. But there's never any kind of shared conversation about it after the fact. It just vanishes from the pop cultural consciousness until it's time to wait for the next season.

The one-a-week strategy ensures that it stays relevant, it stays talked about for the entire run. As much as people think they love binging it at once, people still really dig the "watercooler" aspect to everyone watching a show at the same time, whether it's LOST or GoT or True Detective (S1) or Breaking Bad and now Mandalorian.
Yeah, I think it makes a much bigger cultural impact when the episodes are aired once a week and not all at once. It gives time for people to think about what they just saw and theorize about what might come next. I already look forward to Mondays now because it means that I can talk to some of my co-workers about the latest episode and we even have a manager who randomly says "This is the way," whenever he gives out instructions now.

I remember binge-watching the first season of Stranger Things and, while I enjoyed the show, I brain dumped it completely after it was over and keep forgetting that they made a 2nd and 3rd season... maybe a 4th season? I really don't know and don't care.

Reaction score
Yes, but in the past people had only one choice for entertainment media. TV And in most cases it was free, or one price for all.
So we were beholden to those schedules, thus allowed for water cooler conversation. And was entertaining and interesting itself.

Now we have so many streaming options as well as classic TV, that we simply don't have the time for digestion and discussion. Because then you risk major spoilers. And these days it seems that any difference of opinion sparks a flame war or off topic debate.

Speaking of off topic, I recently found out the Expanse is no longer on broadcast TV, it's now an Amazon Prime show! :mad:
After 2 season I now have to pay extra if I want a conclusion...

Reaction score
Now we have so many streaming options as well as classic TV, that we simply don't have the time for digestion and discussion.
Way past this mess. Started feeling it many years ago and couldn't keep up till burn out.

Now I stick to max 2-3 series a year, and don't start any ones that are already on season 3. They just eat time, and once one season is done, you'll have forgotten the previous one as there's so much the brain can process.

This year, Mandalorian and Rick & Morty are the only 2 series I'm watching, and in over a year, watched zero series.

And these days it seems that any difference of opinion sparks a flame war or off topic debate.
This has also been since the dawn of the internet.

Reaction score
I’ve just been watching this show and the Black Hole over and over again.
I can’t wait for season 2 and a dedicated TVC line of Mandalorian figures, ships and play sets just like the 80’s, thank you Hasbro!
Do they read this stuff?

Reaction score
These images are from Solo but I've noticed a few of them in the background of the show. I'd love to see a droid multipack that wasn't all the same astromech.

Attachments

Utinniii

Reaction score
These images are from Solo but I've noticed a few of them in the background of the show. I'd love to see a droid multipack that wasn't all the same astromech.
And all of those droids have free 3D printing files on Thingiverse!!!

Reaction score
Mandalorian, Dune, IG-11 and Heavy Infantry, at this point. I think I could also like "the Client" as well, seems like a good villain.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Do you know of anyone who makes them for sale? I’ve seen the files but no access to a 3D printer.
There are a couple of people here that do 3D printing. Check out the customs section.

I'm also pretty sure there is someone local to you that does it, and in my case, I can do it at my library (not that I have the time anymore to even print out what I want).
Last Christmas, someone had a pop up kiosk in the mall.

Reaction score
There are a couple of people here that do 3D printing. Check out the customs section.

I'm also pretty sure there is someone local to you that does it, and in my case, I can do it at my library (not that I have the time anymore to even print out what I want).
Last Christmas, someone had a pop up kiosk in the mall.
Good to know, thanks!

bac

Reaction score
With each episode the list grows. Episode 6 is chock full of cool figure potential.

Reaction score
This show, more than anything for awhile, makes me want to run out to the store to buy toys. And... there is nothing out there. At any rate, I would buy the whole crew from this episode...

Reaction score
This show, more than anything for awhile, makes me want to run out to the store to buy toys. And... there is nothing out there. At any rate, I would buy the whole crew from this episode...
Fully agree. So frustrating that all I own from this show is a raider that appeared for 2 seconds and a repainted vehicle. Wtf is wrong with Hasbro.

Reaction score
^ in a way, I'm not surprised w/ hasbros lack of product as we near the end of the season in 2 weeks. Just look how they managed the resistance line. Nothing until mid seson restart then dropped like a ton of bricks. Not like the show didn't have potential cool figure and vehicle concepts, but yeah the storys were weak and the excessive childish comedy was unnecessary imo. A mere shadow to Mandalorian at best. But a good toy line couldve helped the show. As great as Mandalorian is, just imagine if there was a full toy line to go with it. Maybe GL should change careers and run Hasbro, maybe then good toys would get made. We got lots of great selection when he was in control of SW/LFL

Reaction score
With each episode the list grows. Episode 6 is chock full of cool figure potential.
Despite the fact that we got a Klaatoninian raider (which was mostly a kitbash), I don't know how many of these one-off characters we can reasonably expect to get.

And I kind of don't blame Hasbro for not wanting to release figures for just one-episode characters who we will probably never see again, particularly when they will be sooooo late to the table with said figures.

Reaction score
Agreed. While I am enjoying the suggestions in this thread, I don't imagine many of them will come to fruition given Hasbro's recent releases.

My biggest want is Kuiil and a Blurrg. But I'll happily pick up most of what has been suggested so far.

After last night's episode I also really want a Burg action figure too.

Reaction score
And I kind of don't blame Hasbro for not wanting to release figures for just one-episode characters who we will probably never see again, particularly when they will be sooooo late to the table with said figures.
I agree given the situation we are in now. Of course, the question beyond that is: why weren't they locked and loaded with a line of figures for this show? (Given that the 5 POA line was shut down, I'm sure it has something to do with people thinking of it as an in-betweener: a little too adult to aim toys at children, and with not enough adult collectors to support an entire unique line.)

But given that we are where we are, there's not much they can do now. I think our best hope is whenever season 2 comes out -- assuming that it will be standing on its own (especially since no major movie would be coming out), the show will be the major focus of the marketing and promotion. We can hope that they either do a new line or come out with a higher number of TVC figures to add in stuff from the first season as well as the second.

bac

Reaction score
I don't either. It's not 10 years ago with The Clone Wars where many more chances were taken with one-off characters. This retail environment is different, and this scale is not the leader.

Reaction score
Agreed. While I am enjoying the suggestions in this thread, I don't imagine many of them will come to fruition given Hasbro's recent releases.

My biggest want is Kuiil and a Blurrg. But I'll happily pick up most of what has been suggested so far.

After last night's episode I also really want a Burg action figure too.
Out of all the episodes, Kuiil and a Blurrg remain my top choice as well, even above the child. A creature & rider set is something that can potentially pull kids into making a purchase as well.

Episode 6 was all kinds of fantastic, and while there is some great action figure potential, I honestly don't expect any of them, unless Hasbro can do a kitbash. Theres always customizing though!

Reaction score
At this point Hasbro could do a dedicated line of only Mandalorian figures, and I'd buy them all. I guess one could look at the one-off Mandalorian characters as having more screen time than some of the vintage offerings, like Hammerhead and his two seconds, Greedo and his one scene (which ended with his death), etc. Hopefully we will see more of these characters in future episodes, justifying their creation as toys.

I've seen mention here a few times that for Hasbro, BS is their main focus? I haven't followed the Hasbro news very closely over the past several years, but if that's true, that's sad. I hope they don't kill the 3¾" line, because I've only ever been interested in a scant few BS figures.

Reaction score
I would have grabbed a Mandalorian in the BS if I could have found it. I'm glad now that I couldn't. I like the idea of beasts and vehicles that are characteristic of the 3.75" format.

Reaction score
I just heard Bill Burr on a podcast saying that he had his likeness captured for a photo-real action figure.

Reaction score
I just heard Bill Burr on a podcast saying that he had his likeness captured for a photo-real action figure.
That's gotta be SOP for all Star Wars actors at this point, though. Doesn't necessarily mean we'll see it. I'd be happy to be proven wrong, though. His character was cool and the ending of Episode 6 cleared teased a possible return, though probably not til Season 2.

I'd definitely buy the figure.

Reaction score
Maybe they can do a con-exclusive or fan-channel three-pack of comedians in the Mandalorian. Burr's hired gun, Horatio Sanz's Mythrol alien, and Amy Sedaris' Ripley-cosplay Peli Motto.

(Not to mention that we also have Brian Posehn as the landspeeder driver and Eugene "Pillboi" Cordero as the Sorganian villager Stoke...we are close to having a second three-pack.)