The Mandalorian Trooper Disguise (Morak) - #VC***

GNT

Reaction score
Hasbro have announced that we’ll be seeing the Mandalorian in disguise in the vintage collection.

Anyone else looking forward to seeing this figure?

Picture of the character for reference:

Attachments

• 317CCA64-4C7F-48F6-8ADE-C9AA81C43E12.jpeg
    317CCA64-4C7F-48F6-8ADE-C9AA81C43E12.jpeg
    561.2 KB · Views: 16
Reaction score
i'm mostly excited about this one because i bet it'll lead to a TVC mudtrooper.

i mean, it's a neat figure on its own, but it's very scene specific. i still feel ripped off by not getting almost any decently articulated (not gonna say superarticulated because i don't think we always need that) figures from solo, rogue one, the last jedi, and rise of skywalker. mudtroopers were a very cool design and i want to army build them.

Reaction score
Interested on two levels. I really like this part in the show because it was one of the few combat scenes where he couldn't rely on his plot armor. Seriously, if the way to get an advantage in a firefight is "get shot, fall over" you might have some writing problems.

Also down to buy multiples to face swap to fill out imperial ranks.

Reaction score
I’ll bite. It should be easy enough to customize.

Reaction score
What is it with Hasbro making characters that go together but in different scales?

This really needs to stop. Either make the pairings in both scales or make them in one matching scale only. It’s like the Star Wars designers don’t have a broad vision for the lines, and maybe they don’t.

They make Transport Trooper Din Djarin in TVC, but Mayfeld in the same outfit for TBS. What are they thinking? That we’re going to display a 3.75” tall Transport Trooper Din Djarin next to a 6” tall Mayfeld?

They put out the Nevarro playset and every other figure needed to recreate the finale of The Mandalorian Season 1 in TVC, except for Season 1 Greef Karga that TBS got.

They gave TBS all the Siege of Mandalore figures way back when, but no Maul. They make TVC Maul and Ahsoka, but no figures to go with them that TBS got (yet - I know some are forthcoming, albeit very late).

And I have no interest in them, but they made two different Knights of Ren, one each in TVC and TBS.

I know they want people to buy TBS because it has a better profit margin, and they expect some people to buy both scales, but this really doesn’t make sense.

Reaction score
i'm mostly excited about this one because i bet it'll lead to a TVC mudtrooper.

i mean, it's a neat figure on its own, but it's very scene specific. i still feel ripped off by not getting almost any decently articulated (not gonna say superarticulated because i don't think we always need that) figures from solo, rogue one, the last jedi, and rise of skywalker. mudtroopers were a very cool design and i want to army build them.
Same, the mud trooper I'd love muddy and/or especially clean. Since the Mudtrooper is the imperial army trooper that's been around in the lore of the Empire since.. well since RoTJ originally but in the EU a lot more. It's one of the troopers of the Imperial military i've been wanting in SA for a long time.

Reaction score
I’ll pick one up to pilot my hovertank. I think it’ll look better than the white guy. Sorry Rogue One aficionados. Truth is I’ll never get the hover tank commander and I prefer a more military green tank crew. Even a Mud Trooper looks good in the cupola to me.

Reaction score
What is it with Hasbro making characters that go together but in different scales?

This really needs to stop. Either make the pairings in both scales or make them in one matching scale only. It’s like the Star Wars designers don’t have a broad vision for the lines, and maybe they don’t.

They make Transport Trooper Din Djarin in TVC, but Mayfeld in the same outfit for TBS. What are they thinking? That we’re going to display a 3.75” tall Transport Trooper Din Djarin next to a 6” tall Mayfeld?

They put out the Nevarro playset and every other figure needed to recreate the finale of The Mandalorian Season 1 in TVC, except for Season 1 Greef Karga that TBS got.

They gave TBS all the Siege of Mandalore figures way back when, but no Maul. They make TVC Maul and Ahsoka, but no figures to go with them that TBS got (yet - I know some are forthcoming, albeit very late).

And I have no interest in them, but they made two different Knights of Ren, one each in TVC and TBS.

I know they want people to buy TBS because it has a better profit margin, and they expect some people to buy both scales, but this really doesn’t make sense.
It’s to keep you hooked and leave you something to look forward to. Marvel legends also did this (but has done it less in recent years). They’d trickle out full teams at a rate of one per year to keep people salivating for the next year’s releases. The desire for the needed fig only grows when it’s released in the “other” scale. It’s a little annoying but if it keeps the line alive, then… 🤷‍♂️

Reaction score
Assuming this will include either a functional helmet or (preferably) a portrait sculpt and helmet sculpt I will def pick up a few

Reaction score
It’s to keep you hooked and leave you something to look forward to. Marvel legends also did this (but has done it less in recent years). They’d trickle out full teams at a rate of one per year to keep people salivating for the next year’s releases. The desire for the needed fig only grows when it’s released in the “other” scale. It’s a little annoying but if it keeps the line alive, then… 🤷‍♂️

Marvel and Star Wars teams are different.

Star Wars team does this but ends up never releasing the matching figure(s) in the other scale. The rare times it happens, it’s years later where any excitement would be gone.

I don’t think it’s marketing momentum or hype based. It’s just bad decision making as they’re prone to do. Even if it were for retaining interest, Star Wars collectors don’t need that kind of incentive to buy figures. We just need more figures to buy.

It doesn’t help anyone. It’s just annoying. I say this often but nobody works harder than Hasbro to keep collectors from spending money.

Reaction score
Marvel and Star Wars teams are different.

Star Wars team does this but ends up never releasing the matching figure(s) in the other scale. The rare times it happens, it’s years later where any excitement would be gone.

I don’t think it’s marketing momentum or hype based. It’s just bad decision making as they’re prone to do. Even if it were for retaining interest, Star Wars collectors don’t need that kind of incentive to buy figures. We just need more figures to buy.

It doesn’t help anyone. It’s just annoying. I say this often but nobody works harder than Hasbro to keep collectors from spending money.

I definitely understand that perspective and get that it’s annoying. But forced scarcity and intentionally spacing releases (sometimes by years at a time) is definitely a thing, especially now that entire lines of both 3.75 and 6” are geared toward collectors. When it comes to releases and scarcity, what seems dumb to us is absolutely sometimes intentional by Hasbro.

Reaction score
I say this often but nobody works harder than Hasbro to keep collectors from spending money.
Well while I can understand how you feel and why this seems the case we have to ask ourselves why is it this way? I tend to think that for Star Wars budget in general it's a simple issue of not having the Money to spend to actually make Money. You know the term "it takes $$ to make $$$"? Well I feel that due to having a split budget for two different scales it in a way hurts the overall productivity of both lines, someone made a comment that the lack of either one wouldn't affect the other and I call BS. Star Wars gets an allocated budget for all their merch under that umbrella, they then appropriate funds to the various segments according to its cash flow. You obviously aren't going to pump extras cash into a segment that underperforms wile another one over performs.

The problem with Star Wars 3.75" is that it lack the necessary funds to properly manage the line, they don't have the Money to invest to make Money. They ultimately have to rely on repacks/repaints or high priced Exclusives to generate enough cash flow to stay afloat and make the 3-4 new figures per year. The reason for that is varied but mostly due to the high fees involved with the License, the more recent increase in production costs where for decades they enjoyed very cheap labor, in the short term high costs to actually ship this stuff. < this last one will most likely correct itself within the nest two years, but if it doesn't it will definitely be time to thing about new factories closer to home!

One aspect is their choices in figures, they always seem to come up with bizarre repaints like Carbonized or Holiday, when most collectors simply want logical repaint like a Death Watch Mando from S1-E1, this could have been done the same year Din was released! I feel that that option would have sold more units than the above "gimmick" figures. Not that there isn't buyers for them, I just think less so than actually needed repaints. Heck they had several chances to release Imperial Officers from the Mandalorian, surely a mold for that exists? Again the main problem is that those were Exclusives of main character they can market to retailers which supposedly don't take a slot form TVC's basic line, while the figures we want are no name secondary characters that they simply don't have enough slots for. Perhaps it's a management issue? They can't figure out how to market these figures to retailers or how to slot them into TVC without taking a precious slot from a 3rd Ackbar reissue or that Capt. Rex that almost no one wanted in light of a new one on the way. As I said odd choices a lot of the times, but that's likely due to one of the most annoying aspects is that for any given wave the molds need to be in the same factory and that causes issues if the mold then need to tie in isn't there. For instance if they wanted to do a full wave of just Mandalorian characters that some of the figures required for a character were in a different factory they would have to nix that selection and fine another.

Reaction score
Well while I can understand how you feel and why this seems the case we have to ask ourselves why is it this way? I tend to think that for Star Wars budget in general it's a simple issue of not having the Money to spend to actually make Money. You know the term "it takes $$ to make $$$"? Well I feel that due to having a split budget for two different scales it in a way hurts the overall productivity of both lines, someone made a comment that the lack of either one wouldn't affect the other and I call BS. Star Wars gets an allocated budget for all their merch under that umbrella, they then appropriate funds to the various segments according to its cash flow. You obviously aren't going to pump extras cash into a segment that underperforms wile another one over performs.

The problem with Star Wars 3.75" is that it lack the necessary funds to properly manage the line, they don't have the Money to invest to make Money. They ultimately have to rely on repacks/repaints or high priced Exclusives to generate enough cash flow to stay afloat and make the 3-4 new figures per year. The reason for that is varied but mostly due to the high fees involved with the License, the more recent increase in production costs where for decades they enjoyed very cheap labor, in the short term high costs to actually ship this stuff. < this last one will most likely correct itself within the nest two years, but if it doesn't it will definitely be time to thing about new factories closer to home!

One aspect is their choices in figures, they always seem to come up with bizarre repaints like Carbonized or Holiday, when most collectors simply want logical repaint like a Death Watch Mando from S1-E1, this could have been done the same year Din was released! I feel that that option would have sold more units than the above "gimmick" figures. Not that there isn't buyers for them, I just think less so than actually needed repaints. Heck they had several chances to release Imperial Officers from the Mandalorian, surely a mold for that exists? Again the main problem is that those were Exclusives of main character they can market to retailers which supposedly don't take a slot form TVC's basic line, while the figures we want are no name secondary characters that they simply don't have enough slots for. Perhaps it's a management issue? They can't figure out how to market these figures to retailers or how to slot them into TVC without taking a precious slot from a 3rd Ackbar reissue or that Capt. Rex that almost no one wanted in light of a new one on the way. As I said odd choices a lot of the times, but that's likely due to one of the most annoying aspects is that for any given wave the molds need to be in the same factory and that causes issues if the mold then need to tie in isn't there. For instance if they wanted to do a full wave of just Mandalorian characters that some of the figures required for a character were in a different factory they would have to nix that selection and fine another.

The yin and the yang of excellent Rebel Scum posts.

Reaction score
I have a strong yin for new Star Wars figures. I’ll let someone else make a yang pun.

Reaction score
Maybe the case'll go up as well..listed w/ "mystery figs" but we know who they are.

Reaction score
Cool, but is every din/mando fig gonna have orange backdrop color? Lol

bac

Reaction score
^ Sure looks like it. The helmet seems to sit a bit high up off his shoulders. But these are digital renders so it's best to wait for the real deal.

Reaction score
For digital, they look pretty solid. Unlike former b.e. leia and greef digital that were clearly just 2D drawings

Last edited:
Reaction score
It’s nice but I wish they would’ve painted the neck black. Would’ve been easier to army build. Like this I’m not so sure I’ll buy as many.

Reaction score
Are those the same legs as the Scarif trooper? It has horrible knee articulation with very little bend.

Definitely the legs from the scarif trooper. I like the look of the figure so I’ll probably pick a few up, but yea those legs can be a bit annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
These look great! I’ll order a few of each (yeah, right—I know it’ll be tough to get even one quick order in).

Reaction score
Awesome. We kinda knew this was coming but it looks great.

Reaction score
Yeah a very nice looking figure, I will have to get a few as well! I also like the Din head sculpt on this better than the the one with Cantomo.

While not entirely the same maybe this could serve as a base for Solo in Mimban disguise.

Reaction score
I would tend to think so because that's why they bothered to do this release period, reuse. If it were all new then I think he'd sport the new rocker ankles.

Reaction score
I would tend to think so because that's why they bothered to do this release period, reuse. If it were all new then I think he'd sport the new rocker ankles.

Well I wouldn't expect anything new here for the lower body as it is exactly the same, on screen, as the Shoretrooper. A reused Din Djarin head would have been stupid.

Reaction score
$15 each now…Well, this is the first army builder I’m going to limit myself on. I would normal grab 8 on pre-order, but I’ll probably only do 4.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
I'm curious if the case assortment will go up for pre-order tomorrow as well. With six figures rumored to be in the wave, and only one "officially" announced, I'd like to know how many of Din will be included so I can better plan my purchases.

I think it's assumed the red arm band denotes rank of some sort, but do we know specifically what rank other than "Commanding Officer" (what Mayfeld calls him)? I'm thinking Commander or Captain at least since Mayfeld states he's a Lieutenant himself and doesn't have the band. That kind of limits the army building for me, so probably I'll only get 2 or 3.

Reaction score
The head sculpt looks like that one coworker who’s a sad single dad because of reasons they don’t want to talk about.

They disappear every smoke break and hide the smell of whatever is in their flask with heavy cologne. But they bring good chili to the company picnics and go to every one of their kid’s recitals.

Okay, so it doesn’t look much like Pascal but maybe the energy it exudes is perfect on second thought, I don’t know.

Reaction score
The head sculpt looks like that one coworker who’s a sad single dad because of reasons they don’t want to talk about.

They disappear every smoke break and hide the smell of whatever is in their flask with heavy cologne. But they bring good chili to the company picnics and go to every one of their kid’s recitals.

Okay, so it doesn’t look much like Pascal but maybe the energy it exudes is perfect on second thought, I don’t know.

That was oddly specific there Freud...