The Mandalorian Show - 6" TBS figures

GNT

Reaction score
Early anyways but Spoilers maybe present

It's very early days but 2019 will see the new Mandalorian TV show air on Disney's streaming service and so far we've seen a couple glimpses at a couple of characters - The Mandalorian and lately IG-88 with more to come.

Are these characters something you'd buy in the 6" line?

Reaction score
Any mando in full armor, removable helmet and a lot of "goodies" , is welcome to my collection.....3.75" or 6"

Reaction score
Got excited that there might have been a reveal or leak, darn.

Even if the show sucks somehow I'll still buy the Mando figure, looks amazing and I'd love a photo real Pascal hesd under that helmet. This show has me excited.

Gonna be interesting to see how this show is handled toywise. Will it have a priority like the films? Or just get released like Rebels stuff, mostly after it's over or ending.

Hopefully we get at least a strong wave. The market will be narrower for this show, it's only going to be in the streaming service which limits audience. Hopefully we get some figures... It's the first show like this, just honestly new territory.

Reaction score
This show will be like Star Trek: Discovery for me: a potentially interesting show, but appearing on a streaming service I don't have and won't get. I might pick up the BDs of the seasons when they come out, and I'll most likely pass on any 6" versions of the characters, like I did with Rebels and The Clone Wars. Episode IX will take up most of my collecting dollars in 2019, I imagine.

Reaction score
Ah, Like Garven, I thought there was some leaked images/info :D For me it will come down to how well potential figures are talked about in this forum.

Reaction score
Depends very much on how good the TV show turns out to be.

Personally, I have zero interest in collecting anything from something I consider poor entertainment.

Reaction score
a potentially interesting show, but appearing on a streaming service I don't have and won't get.
Yeah, this pretty much seals the deal for me - I will never see this show, unless they issue it on blu ray eventually or something.

I'd definitely be down for some figures though!

Reaction score
My girl was wanting the Disney service for Marvel and in house Disney stuff, but I'll gladly pay to watch this show. I don't have any sort of cable or satellite, split Netflix with my mother and brother. So I'm not too worried about it, unless it's going to be like 20 a month or something stupid like that.

I'm not buying IX figures until after I see the film and really make my mind up. Lando will be a purchase regardless.

I like how Solo gave us a lot of figures in the scum and villiany category, hoping this does the same.

Reaction score
Even if they do produce figures from this, I'll probably pass unless it's something amazing.

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thought that image looked a little cgi, when it was unleashed onto the interwebs?

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thought that image looked a little cgi, when it was unleashed onto the interwebs?
Something about the helmet certainly does. It has that pixelated white outline along the back edge and the reflection on the dome looks somewhat artificial.

Reaction score
Something about the helmet certainly does. It has that pixelated white outline along the back edge and the reflection on the dome looks somewhat artificial.
It looks like, but I think that is just the light reflection...

Reaction score
My girl was wanting the Disney service for Marvel and in house Disney stuff, but I'll gladly pay to watch this show. I don't have any sort of cable or satellite, split Netflix with my mother and brother. So I'm not too worried about it, unless it's going to be like 20 a month or something stupid like that.
I read an article a while ago where Disney said there streaming service would cost less than Netflix at first, since they won't have as much content as them initially.

Reaction score
If made I may buy this to pair with Sabine. I'm a sucker for Mandalorians, and outside of Hasbro Exclusives not much has been made.

Reaction score
It's very early days but 2019 will see the new Mandalorian TV show air on Disney's streaming service and so far we've seen a couple glimpses at a couple of characters - The Mandalorian and lately IG-88 with more to come.
Rumour is Bossk is putting in an appearance also
I swear to Kad, if the showrunners are gonna try and sprinkle in all of the OT bounty hunters except ​Boba Fett I will boycott the damn thing on sheer point of principle.

Reaction score
Maybe he already is.... He is after all A Mandalorian. There's some speculation as to whether he's THE Mandalorian.

Reaction score
I thought in the new EU canon, Boba Fett is 100% dead and somebidy else took his armor from the Jawas that found it outside the Pit of Carkoon.

Reaction score
I thought in the new EU canon, Boba Fett is 100% dead and somebidy else took his armor from the Jawas that found it outside the Pit of Carkoon.
That's interesting... where was this portrayed? I've just had a scan at wookiepedia, and his official history seems to end with him going into the Sarlacc. It's very hard keeping track of all the different versions these days!

Reaction score
Oh, I hate to admit it, but I actually read the first book of Chuck Wendig's trilogy of books. I don't remember what the book was called, but they had little short between chapters and oneof them had some person who gathered (stole) some Mando armor from some Jawas that had found it near the Sarlaac Pit. I guess the idea, at the time, was that Boba Fett would not necessarily just be himself, but that someone may have killed the original Boba and then just took his armor and name and continued on as a bounty hunter. Where things went after that, I don't know because I never read the other books in the series because I found the story and the characters to be really bad, at the least uninteresting. However, the shorts were interesting to an extent.

Reaction score
If his armour was taken by Jawas, this could be why 'The Mandalorian' is wearing a different suit...... perhaps the show was being set up, and breadcrumbs being placed years before.... (cue twilight zone theme).

on another note, popped into a Smyths when passing just now, and, oh dear...... I've got more product waiting to be opened from Christmas at my house than they are stocking at the moment. Are Jyn, Cassian and Krennic the figures that broke the black series for the UK?

Reaction score
Oops. Damn the no edit function. I lost track of which thread I was in. That last paragraph was intended for the UK thread.

sorry folks.

Reaction score
There isn't any new EU canon, it's all just canon. Boba Fett has been verified to be alive, but they haven't done anything with him yet. His whereabouts between AOTC and TESB are pretty open, as are his post-Jedi exploits. Lots of new territory.

Reaction score
Well, there's all the Clone Wars stuff with Bossk and Aurra Sing, as well... I'm sure The Mandalorian will get into that

Reaction score
I'm curious to see what gets offered from the show in the Black Series, and how much lead time is going to be required to get some of these characters translated into 6" figure form. The show is well into production, but it still seems unclear as to whether or not the show will be in the programming lineup when Disney+ launches later this year. Will Hasbro have enough time to offer up ANYTHING from The Mandalorian premieres?

Pedro Pascal's Mandalorian character is an automatic yes for being made in this line. Gina Carrano's character will also likely be action oriented given her MMA background. There have been some leaks that showed some OT style villains in the mix (some of which have already been offered in the Black Series). As for other characters? I hope the rumors about Nick Nolte's character are true and we get that figure in this line.

Reaction score
I think they need to make sure they can get some product out at the launch. This is going to be somewhat difficult because of the amount of time Hasbro needs to get a figure finished. I guess any helmeted character could be made from what they have already and then a version where you can take off the helmet/interchangable head could come a bit later.

Reaction score
I think they need to make sure they can get some product out at the launch. This is going to be somewhat difficult because of the amount of time Hasbro needs to get a figure finished. I guess any helmeted character could be made from what they have already and then a version where you can take off the helmet/interchangable head could come a bit later.
Yeah, it's gotta be the figure of the first costume that was posted. Just re-package the Stormies and Deathtroopers with it and you're good.

It doesn't even have to be a dedicated Mando wave, unless they wanna throw in a re-release of Jango and Bo Katan too or something.

Reaction score
I wonder if we'll see anything from this show at Toyfair or if it'll be Celebration or SDCC. Toyfair isn't as much for us as the other events, but buyers and investors want relevant figures out too.

I still feel Has to gets movie figures out too slow outside of the ST. While a lot of us would still buy it, an easy 2 pack of mud brawl Han and Chewie would have sold well and only required a few new parts. Rebels is at least coming sooner than I expected but they started the crew in early 2016 and we'll probably finish them.ny the fall. Should have striked sooner, I'm worried the extra media of TV shows will further dilute the line and new media figures.

I know splitting the line into two sublibes would probably upset Disney but obviously new media doesn't have the collecting base of the OT or even PT. They could produce more of the Lucas era stuff and then be able to release more variety of Disney era stuff in another wave. Problem being is they rely on classic charactersto carry the waves for the less desired new stuff.

Reaction score
The only design I don't like from this show is Gina's character. Well I'd like it with a haircut and some color. I just think her hair doesn't fit her look or what we've seen of the character. She can match the Mando which from what we can tell isn't going to be common, yet has a full head of hair to be pulled in combat and get caught on armor, weapons, etc.

The concept art looks so much better just with some small tweaks. I'd be excited to get a figure of the concept art, but the actual look feels like it's from a lower tier Sci-fi show or something.