The Mandalorian The Mandalorian - Live Action Star Wars TV series

Reaction score
NOW we're talking. This episode was everything the first two were not.

An awesome episode all around. Finally this show kicks into gear.

Though I still want to see Cara Dune and Moff Gideon!

Reaction score
Question after Chapter 3: [SPOILER="Is it possible a higher source than the client, perhaps an Imperial warlord...is trying to extract midi-chlorians from baby Yoda?"][/SPOILER]

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wonder if there will ever be any talk of Jango Fett and his role in the Separatist/Clone Wars. I think Jango was an actual "Mandalorian" right? It seems as if the Clone Wars and Battle Droid Army were instrumental to The Mandalorian becoming who he is in this show.

Reaction score
I don't think the Fett's were Mandalorians. Didn't the Mandalorians hunt them down or something like that?

Reaction score
I don't think the Fett's were Mandalorians. Didn't the Mandalorians hunt them down or something like that?
Yea maybe you are right. I'm not sure what the actual canon is anymore (and quite honestly not motivated enough to look it up).

Reaction score
I was researching it some time ago, and it's either in the comics, or in the clone wars? but it comes from George himself, that the species is rare.
Ok, but that sounds a lot less specific than this--

Actually we do know a bit. That Yoda's homeworld is hidden. Because they have evolved above war and corruption, and they do not want to bring the galaxy's troubles there. Few leave the planet, unless they join the Jedi order to try and bring balance and peace. Therefore seeing one is rare.
Do you see my point?

Reaction score
In the Clone Wars animated series. Obi Wan is on Mandalore and asks the Prime Minister has he ever heard of a Mando bounty hunter called Jango Fett. The Prime Minister replies, he is no mandalorian, only a pretender, or something like that. But is always remember that. Its in the first Mando story arc, where we meet Pre Vizla and Dutchess Satine and Clone Wars is canon. So if Jango isn't recognised as a Mando, then as a clone nor is Boba.

Something I found in chapter 3 of the Mandalorian. It was awesome by the way. The figure of the Heavy Infantry Mandalorian is in this chapter.His name in the credits is Pav Vizla. He is also voiced by Jon Favreau, who voiced Pre Vizla in the Clone Wars animated series. He is a male Mando, so its not Cara Dune. So he is an individual character, not an army builder.

Last edited:
Reaction score
if you wanna be a jerk about it... I am at work and can't do research. youtube it there is a whole video about it...
You presented several points of very specific information as if you were certain about it. But when you're asked about it, you can't remember where it's from and it's suddenly stripped down to basically "The species is rare, George said so."

You're saying we "know" these things about Yoda's species. But we don't, as evidenced by the fact that even the person who brought it up doesn't have the first damn clue where his information comes from and wants others to Youtube it.

Reaction score
Something I found in chapter 3 of the Mandalorian. It was awesome by the way. The figure of the Heavy Infantry Mandalorian is in this chapter.His name in the credits is Pav Vizla. He is also voiced by Jon Favreau, who voiced Pre Vizla in the Clone Wars animated series. He is a male Mando, so its not Cara Dune. So he is an individual character, not an army builder.
That's an instance where I get Hasbro/Disney's desire to not reveal story information through toys. So it's cool they gave the toy a generic name so as not to give away this moment (even if it was pretty small potatoes, story-wise.)

Favreau probably insisted they make a figure based on the character he played. :)

Reaction score
  Spoiler:  
Ooooh. So I was wondering today about Mando's motivation for 'rescuing' baby Yoda. Like I know he saved his life, but so did Mando by taking out IG-11. And I know there's a man under that armor who presumably doesn't have a heart made of stone and probably has no love of the Empire; so it'd be reasonable that maybe he doesn't want them doing whatever he suspects they're going to do to baby Yoda. But its a hard galaxy, and he's a warrior, so gotta keep emotions in check, and... he did not only complete the transaction already, but he also 'spent' his pay.

Well I was thinking, we keep getting those flashbacks, clearly from the Clone Wars, when the main character's family were killed and he was orphaned (became a 'foundling.') And the flashback led up to him getting saved from a SBD by... maybe... Yoda? And he'd never seen a Yoda before or since. So.. *gestures like Russel Crowe in 'A Beautiful Mind'* You see where I'm going with this.

Reaction score
  Spoiler:  
Ooooh. So I was wondering today about Mando's motivation for 'rescuing' baby Yoda. Like I know he saved his life, but so did Mando by taking out IG-11. And I know there's a man under that armor who presumably doesn't have a heart made of stone and probably has no love of the Empire; so it'd be reasonable that maybe he doesn't want them doing whatever he suspects they're going to do to baby Yoda. But its a hard galaxy, and he's a warrior, so gotta keep emotions in check, and... he did not only complete the transaction already, but he also 'spent' his pay.

Well I was thinking, we keep getting those flashbacks, clearly from the Clone Wars, when the main character's family were killed and he was orphaned (became a 'foundling.') And the flashback led up to him getting saved from a SBD by... maybe... Yoda? And he'd never seen a Yoda before or since. So.. *gestures like Russel Crowe in 'A Beautiful Mind'* You see where I'm going with this.
Honestly I was thinking something similar when the SBD was closing in on him. I didn't think we would SEE Yoda but half expecting to see a short green lightsaber appear and destroy the SBD.

Reaction score
Something came to mind...

If he is a Mando, it is fair to presume his family/parents are Mandalorians too, right?
Then surely it can't be him in those flashbacks, because neither he, nor the "parents" are wearing helmets - and we are told Mandalorians never take off their helmets. And we see those kids in the covert with helmets on too.
Or it is him and as a foundling he can be from anywhere, accepted into the Mandalorian circles and adopted as a Mandalorian.
So he's not a true Mandalorian then.
Are we close enough to it being 25% Boba Fett?

Reaction score
Solid 3rd episode albeit a little predictable. What a great final shoot out. I hope the cargo is/was worth it!
Too much take in in the city scene again from Twilieks and Rodian and many more characters. Such great fan service.

Other observations:
When Mando comes off his ship with the "cargo" he used the side door but during his exfill, he enters his ship through the backdoor. hmmm
Awesome nod to Willrow Hood from Empire and now being a safe for valuables aka Beskar ingots.
Can he not lock his ship to keep other folks out? They have mastered levitation, (speeders and eggs prams) but not lock and secure ships.
For the amount of Beskar he receives he only got a new chest plate and some whistling birds?

Why do all the fobs continue to work after the bounty has been turned in? Besides furthering the plot. hmmmm.
Isn't Mando a little cavalier to just walk down the street back to his ship like no big deal? Even walking into town I thought he should close the egg smoker.

Must have had a serious trauma in that smelting room to always have those bad recollections of his own parents being terminated, anytime he has new armor made.
Why does he say his "enemy" helped him defeat the mudhorn? Is he trying to keep the cargo a secret or the mudhorn as a symbol/ signet would be lame?

When are Cara Dune and Esposito going to show up????
I hope the Yodaling doesn't choke on the shifter knob!

Reaction score
I wondered if that was Favreau's voice. Thanks
Anyone else wonder if Pedro Pascal is only the voice and not the actual Mando Stuntman?

[URL='https://forum.rebelscum.com/goto/post?id=20228208' said:
steve2477 said:[/URL]
:)

Reaction score
If I recall from Rebels series there are many Mandalorian people that are "normal" and don't wear armor.
But interesting thought.

Something came to mind...

If he is a Mando, it is fair to presume his family/parents are Mandalorians too, right?
Then surely it can't be him in those flashbacks, because neither he, nor the "parents" are wearing helmets - and we are told Mandalorians never take off their helmets. And we see those kids in the covert with helmets on too.
Or it is him and as a foundling he can be from anywhere, accepted into the Mandalorian circles and adopted as a Mandalorian.
So he's not a true Mandalorian then.
Are we close enough to it being 25% Boba Fett?

Reaction score
Just watched. Agreed with the general consensus on this one. Best episode yet and best SW content since probably ROTJ, maybe arguably RO. This episode gave me chills at times. Now keep in mind, from what I understand. the director of this episode (Deborah Chow) is apparently the ENTIRE director of the Obi-Wan series. Ooooooooooh buddy, we're in for something then.

Honestly, when the IG-11 scene happened, I'm like "My God, my 'IG-88' dream scene happened," but then we have the Mando go into the Imperial base. And it's so akin to the Terminator (though not a robot) walking into the police station and ANNIHILATING THEM! My favorite Mando weapon has always been the flamethrower. When it was first shown on screen in a trailer for Attack of the Clones when Jango uses it, I about screamed pure joy. But now? It's been used in every episode. And now, him literally roasting a Stormtrooper?! I'm sorry, but I fanboyed. Then they all come and land and you basically have the Rogue One Baze Malbus spliced with Boba Fett heavy armored Mando just mow rival hunters down? And then throw in him, almost cheesy, but I get it...pull a FULL ON Rocketeer (one of my favorite "superhero" movies and among the most underrated) salute....I about died.

Firstly? Mando blood is much like that of, say, a marine. As someone who has had marines in my family and even is best friends with a marine, I felt that almost Band of Brothers feeling at that scene. Sure they may not get along all the time, but they're your kin. The fact that the heavy armored Mando lead the charge to save THE Mando, the one he was feuding with, truly displayed the bond the culture has. Secondly, the Rocketeer moment was a deeper cut than I think people recognize. I got it. I wonder how many others did. Director Joe Johnson did The Rocketeer, he also worked on the OT and is responsible for designing none other than the original Boba Fett concept art. The first spark of a "Mando," so to speak. Adding further to it, The Rocketeer was inspired by a sort of combination of Marvel's Captain America mixed with Iron Man. Jon Favreau directed the original Iron Man, launching off the mega-hit MCU universe, and Joe Johnston direct Captain America: The First Avenger. While watching this show, I thought to myself, Favreau really did grow up on two things: Star Wars and Marvel. He did his research. And that scene was an emotional "Thank you" to all of it, for allowing him to be where he is. But also that yes, perhaps that scene is also something even larger than that. It's a salute goodbye to Kathleen Kennedy as president of Lucasfilm ("But a welcome one...to be sure") and a crowning to Jon as the soon to be president. Rumor mill has been stirring. After all, who better to fix Disney SW than the director of the first MCU starting film? Feige has proven himself on Marvel, Favreau on Marvel, why not get the next best thing to Feige? He's clearly proven a SW fan now. And Disney owns it all now. And the Rocketeer was made by Disney decades before Disney owned either Marvel or Star Wars!

Last edited:
Reaction score
As much as I loved Chapter 3, (you can read my review at the link in my signature ;)), I had a couple major issues regarding the other Mandalorians.

For those of you who don't want to take my clickbait, here they are:

1. How did the Mandalorians know he was in trouble? Since he's been portrayed as the only Mando who operates/lives openly while they hide underground, it's not like the rest of them had FOBs. I guess you could say they intercepted the transmission so far, but still...

2. Speaking of the Mandos being underground, why is the only one who operates/lives above ground also the only one without a jetpack. Seems like he could make the best use of it, right?

3. I get that loyalty is a trait heavily ingrained into the Mandalorian culture, but would they really put their entire people at risk to help save someone who is doing something (rescuing Baby Yoda) that they know nothing about?

Those small quibbles aside, it was another excellent episode.

Reaction score
Just watched. Agreed with the general consensus on this one. Best episode yet and best SW content since probably ROTJ, maybe arguably RO. This episode gave me chills at times. Now keep in mind, from what I understand. the director of this episode (Deborah Chow) is apparently the ENTIRE director of the Obi-Wan series. Ooooooooooh buddy, we're in for something then.

Honestly, when the IG-11 scene happened, I'm like "My God, my 'IG-88' dream scene happened," but then we have the Mando go into the Imperial base. And it's so akin to the Terminator (though not a robot) walking into the police station and ANNIHILATING THEM! My favorite Mando weapon has always been the flamethrower. When it was first shown on screen in a trailer for Attack of the Clones when Jango uses it, I about screamed pure joy. But now? It's been used in every episode. And now, him literally roasting a Stormtrooper?! I'm sorry, but I fanboyed. Then they all come and land and you basically have the Rogue One Baze Malbus spliced with Boba Fett heavy armored Mando just mow rival hunters down? And then throw in him, almost cheesy, but I get it...pull a FULL ON Rocketeer (one of my favorite "superhero" movies and among the most underrated) salute....I about died.

Firstly? Mando blood is much like that of, say, a marine. As someone who has had marines in my family and even is best friends with a marine, I felt that almost Band of Brothers feeling at that scene. Sure they may not get along all the time, but they're your kin. The fact that the heavy armored Mando lead the charge to save THE Mando, the one he was feuding with, truly displayed the bond the culture has. Secondly, the Rocketeer moment was a deeper cut than I think people recognize. I got it. I wonder how many others did. Director Joe Johnson did The Rocketeer, he also worked on the OT and is responsible for designing none other than the original Boba Fett concept art. The first spark of a "Mando," so to speak. Adding further to it, The Rocketeer was inspired by a sort of combination of Marvel's Captain America mixed with Iron Man. Jon Favreau directed the original Iron Man, launching off the mega-hit MCU universe, and Joe Johnston direct Captain America: The First Avenger. While watching this show, I thought to myself, Favreau really did grow up on two things: Star Wars and Marvel. He did his research. And that scene was an emotional "Thank you" to all of it, for allowing him to be where he is. But also that yes, perhaps that scene is also something even larger than that. It's a salute goodbye to Kathleen Kennedy as president of Lucasfilm ("But a welcome one...to be sure") and a crowning to Jon as the soon to be president. Rumor mill has been stirring. After all, who better to fix Disney SW than the director of the first MCU starting film? Feige has proven himself on Marvel, Favreau on Marvel, why not get the next best thing to Feige? He's clearly proven a SW fan now. And Disney owns it all now. And the Rocketeer was made by Disney decades before Disney owned either Marvel or Star Wars!
What he said.

Reaction score
Another great episode, the best so far. The entire sequence where he's gains entry to the Imperial hideout and proceeds to dispatch the Stormtroopers was awesome (especially the flamethrower kill).

Reaction score
Episode 3 was great. I enjoyed all the action. I loved hearing Jon Favreau voice a character.

Each episode feels like a live-action comic book to me, except that we get a new issue every week instead of every month. This show is amazing. It's easily the best show that is currently airing on any platform.

Reaction score
NOW we're talking. This episode was everything the first two were not.

An awesome episode all around. Finally this show kicks into gear.

Though I still want to see Cara Dune and Moff Gideon!
Glad to hear you liked this one! I actually came to this thread just to see if you had posted about it. I can't really see anyone not loving this episode.

Reaction score
The other Mandos were upset with him because he was doing something to help remnants of the Empire, whom they blamed for their current state. By going against the empire remnants and getting the child back, he was basically fighting not just for the child but his people too. The Guild turning on him was them doing the empire’s bidding so they were all now enemies of all Mandos. Sort of predictable but the underlying tones were much deeper. Loved the episode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Can he not lock his ship to keep other folks out?
The security on his ship is a joke. It gets stripped last week and broken into this week. Guy needs a serious upgrade in that department.

For the amount of Beskar he receives he only got a new chest plate and some whistling birds?
Um, look again. He gets a second shoulder pauldron, arm gauntlets and leg guards.

Why do all the fobs continue to work after the bounty has been turned in? Besides furthering the plot. hmmmm.
Presumably, it was reactivated by either the Client or Greef (can't remember if he was in the cantina when they all went off) once it was discovered that the Asset was stolen.

Even walking into town I thought he should close the egg smoker.
I had the same thought. He should have kept the bounty secret. Seems like sloppy work if not a guild violation. But I guess they wanted us to see more of the baby and their interactions. Everyone loves the baby!

Must have had a serious trauma in that smelting room to always have those bad recollections of his own parents being terminated, anytime he has new armor made.
Oddly, the smelter smells exactly like battle droid blaster fire. It's pretty upsetting for him.

Why does he say his "enemy" helped him defeat the mudhorn? Is he trying to keep the cargo a secret or the mudhorn as a symbol/ signet would be lame?
He's emotionally distancing himself from the baby. Plus, technically, a bounty he's hired to bring in could be considered an "enemy" by the bounty hunter code or the Mando code or whatever.

When are Cara Dune and Esposito going to show up????
I know, right??

Reaction score
As much as I loved Chapter 3, (you can read my review at the link in my signature ;)), I had a couple major issues regarding the other Mandalorians.

For those of you who don't want to take my clickbait, here they are:

1. How did the Mandalorians know he was in trouble? Since he's been portrayed as the only Mando who operates/lives openly while they hide underground, it's not like the rest of them had FOBs. I guess you could say they intercepted the transmission so far, but still...

2. Speaking of the Mandos being underground, why is the only one who operates/lives above ground also the only one without a jetpack. Seems like he could make the best use of it, right?

3. I get that loyalty is a trait heavily ingrained into the Mandalorian culture, but would they really put their entire people at risk to help save someone who is doing something (rescuing Baby Yoda) that they know nothing about?

Those small quibbles aside, it was another excellent episode.
The entire town was going nuts trying to track down Mando. It's not a stretch to believe that word filtered down to their enclave, which is only a few steps away.

They put themselves at risk because that's what their culture is. It's an "all for one" mentality. Honor is extremely important to them. They found out that Mando betrayed his bounty hunter oath and double-crossed the Empire to do an honorable thing, so they simply had to help him.

Reaction score
Great episode but I still prefer 2 so far.
I felt it was a little slow and that the salute thing was a bit cheesy and 'real-world' - more like it belonged in a superhero or war film.
Not enough of little fella in it! :LOL:

Reaction score
If I recall from Rebels series there are many Mandalorian people that are "normal" and don't wear armor.
But interesting thought.
Those are the ones who rejected their past, to build a new society of peaceful Mandalorians.
The Death Watch, except for Pre and Bo, don't take of their helmets either.

-----------------------

EDIT: That is in The Clone Wars - my bad.

Concerning Rebels - yes, Sabine is not wearing her helmet very much, armor though is on. And her people don't seem to mind not wearing their helmets either. But they wear the armor.

-----------------------

Having Favreau voice the Heavy Mando, also sort of underlines the fact we won't see that one's face,
aside from making the connection to the Vizla family and the actor was already heard and seen as the brute in the first episode.

Yes Jango did take off his armor and helmet, but GL has also stated that he isn't a true Mandalorian. So Boba isn't either (however one feel about those prequels and connections).
That coupled with that this show probably has a lot of ties with the Boba Fett movie that didn't come to fruition, kind of led me to those ideas :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just saw 3, great episode.
Only was thinking, dude... you have a high rotation in armor replacements :D
Personally prefer the battered look from the beginning, to the now shiny silver one.
And I just love the desintegration effect of his main.... so sick..poof and gone :) :) :)

Who else thinks, the glases dude with the kaminosymbol, might end up being a sidekick to the hero?

Just one thing, that popped into mind, the age of Mando. if he became orphand during the CW, and the show is set sometimes after ROTJ he must be around his mid40's to 50's already

So the underground Mandos are now in war with the Guild ? Makes me think, if the shows title "The Mandalorian" refers to the race, or still for just the "hero", the single person.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Random thought, but does anyone one else feel the stormtroopers feel very human under their armour in this series? Their mannerisms and movements (head cocks, taken a few moments to sort their lights on the blasters). They feel like stormtroopers who have been out of routine of the regimental training and formality of the empire. I love it.

Reaction score
The entire town was going nuts trying to track down Mando. It's not a stretch to believe that word filtered down to their enclave, which is only a few steps away.

They put themselves at risk because that's what their culture is. It's an "all for one" mentality. Honor is extremely important to them. They found out that Mando betrayed his bounty hunter oath and double-crossed the Empire to do an honorable thing, so they simply had to help him.
Both good points, especially your first one.