The Mandalorian The Mandalorian - Live Action Star Wars TV series

Reaction score
How does Yodling being a clone not fit appropriately? It is absolutely, totally true to the SW universe and it's history and known technology. Yoda would have left a trail of genetic material all over the senate and Jedi temple and the timeline is correct.

Plus, the Imperial scientist plainly displayed the Kamino symbol - I picked up on that at first viewing.

Space Poppins, yo momma godspeed and hyperspace ramming - THAT is what doesn't fit.

Reaction score
I'd prefer if the Yaby isn't a clone, but it wouldn't necessarily bother me if he is. I lean more toward he's not, but they want him TO clone rather than he's already a clone. But you're right, in the end, SW has a huge history of cloning. It's not remotely out of bounds. The Holdo maneuver however? That's not just breaking the established universal rules...that rips the established rules in half more than it does Snoke's ship.

Reaction score
I personally think they're going to say Rey is or has been cloned in TROS. They're already stealing the Katana Fleet idea it looks like (Dark Force Rising) and they borrowed Han and Leia's Son going dark from the EU. Why not have an insane clone like Jorrus C'Boath was in the Heir the the Empire series?

I doubt we'll get Yoddler is a clone. He's a rare force sensitive that survived the purge. Who wouldn't want to control that while it is still impressionable as a 50 year old toddler.

(Does this thing being 50 years old even make sense? I thought 900 years meant like 800 years of extra wisdom ... not that he took 300 years to get out of adolescence and then another 300 to get through college and his hipster years and 300 years later is like a normal old dude)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I’m sure it falls on Lucasfilm, but they and Hasbro have missed a huge goldmine by not doing “baby yoda” merch before Christmas. I mean the end of episode 1 was a shock but was it that important for them to miss this opportunity?
"Fear not, Star Wars fans, as you'll soon have the chance to spend some hard-earned money on Baby Yoda merch."

Reaction score
Just watched first 2 shows of The Mandalorian, and found it boring, too much shooting, didn’t like treatment of Jawas. And a baby Yoda already strong with the force is unbelievable.

Last edited:
Reaction score
How does Yodling being a clone not fit appropriately? It is absolutely, totally true to the SW universe and it's history and known technology. Yoda would have left a trail of genetic material all over the senate and Jedi temple and the timeline is correct.
It's not that it doesn't fit. It's just a trashy concept.

Reaction score
It's not that it doesn't fit. It's just a trashy concept.
The Yoda species are extremely rare. It would be trashy to sully it with it being a clone. I liked in the EU that you could not successfully clone Jedi or force strong beings. It allowed them to remain chosen rather than created.

Reaction score
Just watched episode 3. Jon Faverau must be involved with some sort of sorcery to make something this good.
I also get a kick out of how apparently I'm not the only one rolling out of bed early to watch it first thing. Definitely watching this a second maybe even third time this evening. ;)

Reaction score
Just watched first 2 shows of The Mandalorian, and found it boring, too much shooting, didn’t like treatment of Jawas. And a baby Yoda already strong with the force is unbelievable.
Obviously you didn't see the disclaimer at the end of the credits that clearly stated "No Jawas were harmed during the filming of this episode."

And too much shooting? Seriously, what the f***?

Reaction score
This was much more of a story-driven episode; so we didn't get many new characters or set pieces revealed. However, it's refreshing to see a series that puts the story first. I loved it.

I find myself actually concerned for the Mandalorian's future now that the Guild will likely be coming after him, and that's a pretty remarkable achievement considering that he hasn't even removed his helmet yet. It kind of shoots down the notion that you need a human face to look at in order to connect with a character.

And for the Twitter-crowd who are complaining about the lack of "female representation" in this show, this episode was directed by a woman: Deborah Chow.

Reaction score
This was much more of a story-driven episode; so we didn't get many new characters or set pieces revealed. However, it's refreshing to see a series that puts the story first. I loved it.

I find myself actually concerned for the Mandalorian's future now that the Guild will likely be coming after him, and that's a pretty remarkable achievement considering that he hasn't even removed his helmet yet. It kind of shoots down the notion that you need a human face to look at in order to connect with a character.

And for the Twitter-crowd who are complaining about the lack of "female representation" in this show, this episode was directed by a woman: Deborah Chow.
Don't forget about the Remnant! I'm sure they're feelings tiche slighted as well. I like the idea of how things ended:
  Spoiler:  
Mando's being underground for so long, going out one at a time, and then just being like "Know what? Eff this, eff those guys, eff these guys, we're Mandalorians, come get some."

Reaction score
This keeps getting better and better. The climax to the end scene was somewhat predictable, but that didn't make it any less awesome. I would've cheered loudly, but I was the only one awake in the house. ;)
What's funny is earlier in the episode I thought that what we saw in the climax was going to happen at some point in the series. I just didn't expect it so soon.
I'm certainly not complaining.

Reaction score
We don't know this though. In fact we know next to nothing about Yoda's species. We don't even have a name for it. Which may change with this series.
Actually we do know a bit. That Yoda's homeworld is hidden. Because they have evolved above war and corruption, and they do not want to bring the galaxy's troubles there. Few leave the planet, unless they join the Jedi order to try and bring balance and peace. Therefore seeing one is rare.

Reaction score
  Spoiler:  
Is it just me or was the Beskar in an Ice Cream maker?
  Spoiler:  
I bit of fan service, but a welcome one. :) The actual prop in ESB was a real ice cream maker. Looks like they took some creative liberties and made it an actual prop from scratch to give it a purpose. At least now we know what that thing actually was from ESB.

Reaction score
Actually we do know a bit. That Yoda's homeworld is hidden. Because they have evolved above war and corruption, and they do not want to bring the galaxy's troubles there. Few leave the planet, unless they join the Jedi order to try and bring balance and peace. Therefore seeing one is rare.
Says who?

Reaction score
WOW.. Just watched chapter 3..
Amazing job.. Classic OT....
glad there shooting season 2 already.
Will watch it again tonight with my son..
Looking forward to next Friday...

Reaction score
  Spoiler:  
I bit of fan service, but a welcome one. :) The actual prop in ESB was a real ice cream maker. Looks like they took some creative liberties and made it an actual prop from scratch to give it a purpose. At least now we know what that thing actually was from ESB.
I know, :)
It was nicely done.

Reaction score
Maclunkey! Just watched Chapter 3, and Mando has gone John Wick! Loved the shootout and all I can say is Boba Fett WISHES he was Mandalorian. Jon Favreau, keep it up! Loved the little homage to The Rocketeer and IM3 as well. I’m hooked.

Last edited:
Reaction score

**** the Twitter crowd.

Reaction score
Disney can make some more money from me if they release this on Blu-Ray after the initial run. I'm not holding my breath, but would love to add to my permanent files without having to look for alternative methods.

Reaction score
Disney can make some more money from me if they release this on Blu-Ray after the initial run. I'm not holding my breath, but would love to add to my permanent files without having to look for alternative methods.
I think you’ll get your wish. Many of the streaming shows like Star Trek Discovery, Haunting of Hill House, etc. are on DVD & Blu-Ray.