The Mandalorian (Hologram) Legends in 3-Dimensions 1/2 Scale Bust - SDCC Exclusive

Reaction score
Thought the idea of the shiny Beskar armour was the shiny Beskar armour? Also, I’d worry it would discolour like my Holo Darth Maul. Anyway, someone will buy it.

Reaction score
Yeah. Someone will buy it and try to sell it on Ebay for $300.00 and the most amazing part, there will be people buying it. GG have really milked the cow with the Mandaloridan. What an unexciting, lame exclusive. But I guess it'll look quite the part next to lazy-eye Ahsoka 1/2 scale bust. What next, Mandalorian toilette paper holder? :rolleyes:

Reaction score
In all my years of collecting this is possibly the lamest SDCC exclusive. Its almost a punishment because it used time and resources to make instead of something cool.

I wish they'd make a line of real people like George Lucas and Peter Mayhew half out of costume. Make it exclusive for the real fans.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I reckon it's the end of tbe McQuarrie-line then. Wasn't my cup of tea anyway, but I'm sorry for the Gentle Giant-collectors who were into this line. Still some good ones to be made.

A Holo-Mando is quite a lame, uninspired exclusive in my opinion. Anyway, a very easy pass for me, this one!

Reaction score
I'm still hoping there is a McQuarrie Mini Bust not yet announced. This CANNOT be it, and I'll give them some time to confirm. One of the things they promised when they took over was that the McQuarrie line would continue, that they were aware that although small, there was a market for it. So, I don't want to go too fast here and assume this is it. However, if in fact this is it, then it would be a broken promise and a slap on the face of McQuarrie collectors that since 2009 look forward every year for the next concept bust.

Reaction score
Yeah. Someone will buy it and try to sell it on Ebay for $300.00 and the most amazing part, there will be people buying it. GG have really milked the cow with the Mandaloridan. What an unexciting, lame exclusive. But I guess it'll look quite the part next to lazy-eye Ahsoka 1/2 scale bust. What next, Mandalorian toilette paper holder? :rolleyes:
Well, since you asked, I guess you missed one of their most recent exclusives. Go get it! :)

Untitled-1.jpg

* Folks, keep in mind I enjoy watching The Mandalorian. ;)

Reaction score
I'm still hoping there is a McQuarrie Mini Bust not yet announced. This CANNOT be it, and I'll give them some time to confirm. One of the things they promised when they took over was that the McQuarrie line would continue, that they were aware that although small, there was a market for it. So, I don't want to go too fast here and assume this is it. However, if in fact this is it, then it would be a broken promise and a slap on the face of McQuarrie collectors that since 2009 look forward every year for the next concept bust.
Unfortunately they said that there are 10 exclusives; which we have now seen, and that this bust was the last item to be revealed. ☹
Oh well, saved me some money I guess. Plus I’m very aware of space these days.

Reaction score
I'd rather buy the Mando toilet roll holder than a big lump of blue plastic.

Easy pass, will wait to see what the PGM gifts are before renewing.
When is renewal, I thought it was June?

Reaction score
Unfortunately they said that there are 10 exclusives; which we have now seen, and that this bust was the last item to be revealed. ☹
Oh well, saved me some money I guess. Plus I’m very aware of space these days.
I guess I missed that, if it was posted on Facebook or Instagram. Which are the other 9 exclusives, if I may ask? Thanks.

Reaction score
This is not for me, I have never seen the attraction of the hologram busts and don’t have any at all. I largely think they are lazy rehashes of already used moulds (minus painting), which is partly why I don’t warm to them.

I will not be purchasing

However, that is my opinion. These do appeal to collectors, or they wouldn’t be produced. So I don’t want to call into question fellow collectors who like these.

Hopefilly not the end of the Macquarie concept line. Loved these and they are brilliant. Have a complete set and would definitely buy any new additions in an instant.

Reaction score
Quite a bit of McQuarrie designs to be given the Mini Bust treatment, the Emperor comes to mind among others.

- The Emperor

1621099366018.png

1621099417324.png

1621099458417.png

1621099505466.png

1621099536238.png

1621099557914.png

1621099589982.png

1621099615559.png

1621099642369.png

- TIE fighter pilot

1621099304046.png

Twelve years of a tradition appear to have now ended. It'd be nice to hear from the horse's mouth if they have actually chosen to give the concept line the ax and why if that is the case, the collector community was not made aware of it, knowing as they know, a number of collectors look forward to the event for the concept Mini Bust. Collect what you like, not what others tell you should collect, I always say, and respect other people's choices. So with that in mind, happy times to the folks eager to collect this year's SDCC exclusives.

* Also, my apologies if the conversation has evolved into what might seem as a derailment of the subject of the thread with the images I've just posted. As a McQuarrie and concept art collector, I can't deny my disappointment.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Last thought on the McQuarrie thing... SDCC is a July thing anyway. Any chance they're going to just announce a McQ bust then?!

Why are they rolling out a week of SDCC exclusives in May anyway?

Reaction score
I mean the bust is a real nice exclusive for those who are collecting this line.

Reaction score
Well, we cannot say it is "real nice" without specifying it is up to individual preference. I collect this line, and to me is a lame release. Just the same mould used for the regular version using cheap translucent plastic. I would have expected a better exclusive. Just my honest opinion.

Reaction score
From the AskDST:

We were hoping to receive a Star Wars McQuarrie bust this year as the convention exclusive. Does the fact that this annual tradition was skipped this year mean that no more are planned? When might we see another one?

DSTChuck: Daniel, I am not sure why you are under the perception that we are skipping that line this year.

Reaction score
Good. We now know it appears there will be a McQuarrie Mini Bust after all. Daniel's perception and therefore his question was a fair and reasonable one, also. After seeing all the announcements made for SDCC exclusives in May and no mentioning of the McQuarrie Mini Bust, one was to get the sense the long kept tradition had been axed. Perception is based on the interpretation of sensations. The unconscious process begins with receiving stimuli from outside actions seen within any given environment, and ends with our interpretation of those stimuli, such the many SDCC announcements made in May but no McQuarrie Mini Bust mentioning, which is an expected offer.

So let's hope for a female character as the line has none so far, or the Emperor. :)

Last edited: