The Mandalorian & Grogu (Maldo Kreis)

Reaction score
Nope. NOPE. They're creepy even in plastic form. So... NOPE. I'm just going to nope on out of here.
The thought crossed my mind that my half-asleep self may 1 night forget I have these and accidentally demolish a Billy bookcase in a swatting frenzy......I'm doing my part. Given that, these will stay in a box.

bac

Reaction score
^ I would have loved that and bought 3-4 myself, but we're still stuck in the mud where everything is attached to a figure.

Reaction score
I think a spider only set would have been cool. Like one giant spider, 2 mid sized, 4 small, and 4 eggs. Would by 3 or 4 of that set!

Exactly!

They’re making less this way as well. The prior Mando pack was $18 I think and this is $27 so $9 extra for all the spider and it’s on a larger card that won’t fit among the other TVC cards.

Meanwhile just the spiders, a $9 difference in MSRP could’ve been sold at $14 like a regular figure on a regular card and made them more money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
So with the Walmart exclusive it'll be impossible to get and now it's a $27 figure? Man...

bac

Reaction score
These spiders may pop up in another format down the road.

Reaction score
Yeah I totally would have bought multiple packs of spiders of all size, but I can't justify adding another mando to my collection for 3 meager ones, let alone several.

Reaction score
I thought this was pretty cool until I read $26.49 for the set.

I don’t even mind the card, and would actually be interested in seeing a deluxe ANH Farmboy Luke with a moisture vaporator and all his gadgets in a similar format. (Luke should still get a more basic mainline release with the saber, just like the original Kenner version.)

Reaction score
I'm more upset that this is a Walmart exclusive than I am about the price. Time and time again, Walmart has shown they have a talent for screwing up Star Wars exclusives.

Given some remarks during the livestream, I am hoping that creatures might make a comeback in the line. Because the big mama spider from Chapter 10 of The Mandalorian was epic!!!!!

Reaction score
New here guys...so hi to all of you!! I have been lurking for some time. I had all of the POTF2 through TAC and sold them off. Unlike most of you, I am not collecting the whole line and am focusing only on the Mandalodian character and Grogu only. So I only have all of the Mandos and Grogus released so far and will add this one also. I will most likely buy this off of ebay as I am a MOC collector and do not want to chance it with Wal Mart. With that being said, and I may be off base with my line of thinking, but I have been under the impression that the Vintage Collection is the premier line of Star Wars 3 3/4 figures. Releasing this figure as it is seems to, in my opinion, break the continuity of the line with the odd oversized cardback and huge bubble. Wish they would have kept the standard size cardback.

bac

Reaction score
^ Welcome! And your avatar is more than deserving of a TVC figure.

As for the big card back, I wish they would have gone with a small box. But I also understand that showing the actual product is preferred in today's toy marketing world. You'd only get a picture of it on the box.

Reaction score
New here guys...so hi to all of you!! I have been lurking for some time. I had all of the POTF2 through TAC and sold them off. Unlike most of you, I am not collecting the whole line and am focusing only on the Mandalodian character and Grogu only. So I only have all of the Mandos and Grogus released so far and will add this one also. I will most likely buy this off of ebay as I am a MOC collector and do not want to chance it with Wal Mart. With that being said, and I may be off base with my line of thinking, but I have been under the impression that the Vintage Collection is the premier line of Star Wars 3 3/4 figures. Releasing this figure as it is seems to, in my opinion, break the continuity of the line with the odd oversized cardback and huge bubble. Wish they would have kept the standard size cardback.

Black series is now premiere in Hasbros eyes

Also you should totally try to order from Walmart. Grab 2 or 3 in an order to increase odds they’re boxed together via bubble mailer and to get free shipping

If they’re bad just return them

Please don’t fee the eBay trolls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Lazy? Or necessary for survival? We'll never know what's required to please the bean counters.
And it's not always about the bean counters, it likely had more to do with what Walmart wanted and they like Heroes not sidekicks. So even if Hasbro went to them with Frog lady for this set, Walmart may have nixed it and said that they want the Mandalorian or the ever popular Grogu. Yet again. Walmart has done this type of thing before so I would doubt it's partly behind the reason for another what eventually got approved, it also works in Hasbro's favor because it's all reuse for them.

Reaction score
You say they have to have the carded version for visibility but these never show up in stores and are ordered entirely online sight unseen.

Reaction score
And it's not always about the bean counters, it likely had more to do with what Walmart wanted and they like Heroes not sidekicks. So even if Hasbro went to them with Frog lady for this set, Walmart may have nixed it and said that they want the Mandalorian or the ever popular Grogu. Yet again. Walmart has done this type of thing before so I would doubt it's partly behind the reason for another what eventually got approved, it also works in Hasbro's favor because it's all reuse for them.

Totally agree with you that this probably happens behind the scenes a lot. I think that’s why we get so many versions of Vader, Luke, Han, Din, and to a lesser extent Leia, Lando, Yoda, Anakin, and Obi-Wan.

The retailers want to see the main heroes and villains, and it’s easier for Hasbro to just slightly “upgrade” the same costume for Luke or Mando that we’ve seen many times.

Reactions: bac
Reaction score
Maybe Antoc Merrick will have a TV show where he makes friends with these, so they can repack him.

Reaction score
I will order as many as I can and send back all of them if they are not mint. I will keep doing that till I get what i want. I think this one is going to be really hard to get mint due to the size of the bubble with a flimsy card back.

thank goodness for Robot Kingdom!!!

Reaction score
Maybe Antoc Merrick will have a TV show where he makes friends with these, so they can repack him.
Or they can release another X-Wing w/Trapper Wolf and include a few, though I would prefer Carson Teva.

Reaction score
The price is a non-issue for me. Walmart being involved has the potential to be a disaster but the last few rounds have been pretty easy. The LFL50 stuff was super easy to pre-order and so were the CW repaints if you didn't procrastinate too much.

So happy they updated this sculpt with rocker ankles.

Reaction score
True. I kinda can’t believe I’m saying this, but at this point in time I’d rather have something be a Walmart exclusive than Target. I missed out on the CW Blue ARC guy, who was live for only twenty minutes. But everything else lately has been relatively available.

Target, on the other hand, has struggled mightily with exclusives. The Retro Fett, Retro Stormie, and of course Merrick X-wing were virtually impossible to find on any sufficient scale. You couldn’t even order the X-wing online unless the store nearby had one. Yes, I’m speaking in the past tense (I don’t think any cavalry of them will arrive). I’m game for Walmart to get this for now (famous last words).

Don’t hate me too much for saying this either, but I actually kinda like the large cardback format. It doesn’t fit the size we’re used to, but does offer the chance for some luxury accessories. As someone said, a Luke with vaporator and lightsaber and Obi-Wan hope chest thing and little skyhopper toy and such would make a fun pack. Kenner and Hasbro both have a history of offering different-sized stuff on different-sized cards. I absolutely LOVE the old Episode I accessory packs.

Btw, I’m not at all scared of spiders. I’m just not. It’s weird, but I’ve always been fine with them. I’m more of a snake-fears guy.

Reaction score
For anyone that really wants bigger spiders and has access to Galaxy’s Edge (planning a trip, friends, family, or the smuggler services people provide), the Creature Stall has Krykna spiders that are about 5 inches tall.

I didn’t pick any up the times we went because it moves around and makes noise and I hate it, but I imagine it would work well in a display with this figure. Not quite the same as the ice spiders, but similar.

It’s currently on the EU Disney Store site. Linking for reference pictures and for any EU Scummers that really like these spiders.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wish Hasbro....or the mouse house would release the Krykna spider online. Aside from that, really excited to get this figure....a nice little surprise from the other day.

Reaction score
It's pretty easy to make cloth capes. Just takes a bit of practice.

Yes, I know. I already have cloth cape on my 3.75" and 6" one
O6neynu.jpg

9v8z2YR.jpg

My complaint is more of a "I wish I didn't have to do this myself" type of complaint.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
From the Hasbro Q&A today, Patrick stated that this will have a VC number and the cardback dimensions are 8" wide x 9" tall. So, the same height, but two inches wider than the normal TVC cards.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Any eta for p.o.? Or talk about the target tvc excl trio?

bac

Reaction score
It was also stated in a q&a that the TVC and TBS designers worked together so all the spiders across lines are different sizes.

The TBS spider is bigger than the biggest spider in the TVC set. Glad I pre-ordered a TBS set.

Reaction score
It was also stated in a q&a that the TVC and TBS designers worked together so all the spiders across lines are different sizes.

The TBS spider is bigger than the biggest spider in the TVC set. Glad I pre-ordered a TBS set.
Which is exactly what they're hoping people do, even if you're not into TBS you gotta buy something from it to use as a TVC accessory. Winning! lol
This is why I would prefer they just released a "Creature" set rather than feeling they need to bank on packing DIN and Grogu with everything only jacking up the price and leaving many with yet another unneeded DIn etc.

Now you could argue the ankles being needed, but really they could have saved that for the Beskar spear release, or any future one for that matter as I feel it merely took tooling budget away from more spiders.

bac

Reaction score
I and most everyone would have preferred a package of just spiders, but it is more marketable on-shelf (ha) as more of a complete scene. If I'm Walmart I take the set with Mando + Grogu staring customers in the face versus all spiders as well.

I'm kind of bummed no one in the q&a asked "where's the momma spider to attack the Crest?" No way that ever happens but at least they'd hear it.

I don't see rocker ankles Mando not getting another release. With Beskar Spear from episode 16 seems the most probable. I would also take a muddy v1 version with rockers from episode 2.

Reaction score
I and most everyone would have preferred a package of just spiders, but it is more marketable on-shelf (ha) as more of a complete scene. If I'm Walmart I take the set with Mando + Grogu staring customers in the face versus all spiders as well.

I'm kind of bummed no one in the q&a asked "where's the momma spider to attack the Crest?" No way that ever happens but at least they'd hear it.

I don't see rocker ankles Mando not getting another release. With Beskar Spear from episode 16 seems the most probable. I would also take a muddy v1 version with rockers from episode 2.

Someone did, in one of the 3-4 other Q&A's Hasbro held w/podcasters yesterday. The designer said he loves SW creatures but tooling up a huge spider may not be cost effective or something like that. Which is understandable... but man.. a huge Krykna-esque spider would be creepy...lol