The Mandalorian & Grogu (Maldo Kreis)

Reaction score
I'm in no hurry to pick this up and I mainly collect Mando. Rocker ankles or not, I do not like that cardback. Reminds me, for some reason, of those ugly POTF 2 deluxe figs. I hold TVC to a higher standard than this. Will probably pick up on the cheap in a couple years or so maybe....

Reaction score
That's for sure, they just don't make enough products now days to meet demand let alone see it go lower in price as time goes on. At least some items, there are those occasional underperformers like TVC Lando.

Reaction score
Got my TVC Mando Maldo Kreis Deluxe set today. The snow highlights on Mando are pretty nice. The silver color on the Beskar is top and the rocker ankles are really nicely done.

The big spider actually has some articulation. Four of the legs are set, so it can always stand and the other four legs have a ball-joint at the "shoulder"-body joint, so you can pose those legs a bit. All in all a nice set. I'm not big on the spiders and all, but it's a cool deluxe set and looks good carded as well. I thought the card would look corny, but it's actually pretty cool.

Reaction score
Got my TVC Mando Maldo Kreis Deluxe set today. The snow highlights on Mando are pretty nice. The silver color on the Beskar is top and the rocker ankles are really nicely done.

The big spider actually has some articulation. Four of the legs are set, so it can always stand and the other four legs have a ball-joint at the "shoulder"-body joint, so you can pose those legs a bit. All in all a nice set. I'm not big on the spiders and all, but it's a cool deluxe set and looks good carded as well. I thought the card would look corny, but it's actually pretty cool.

Nice! Where did you get him from?

Edit: I guess I mean: shipped from Walmart or found at a store?

Reaction score
So, where are these guys? It was too good to be true to have it shipped 1 day after the preorder.

Hopefully around the corner. Mine are still stuck on Delay in the progress bar. But you never know with Walmart. I've had pre-orders arrive before they even got marked shipped on the website.

Reaction score
So, where are these guys? It was too good to be true to have it shipped 1 day after the preorder.
the 1st one i ordered on launch day said to be shipped next day but since has been delayed. The 2nd one i ordered that friday afternoon said eta 1/17 and statis still has not been altered since i last checked a week or 2 ago. So i'm hoping the 1/17 date is the date for both, but of course, WM will ship separately from different warehouses.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Do we know if this is actually expected to ship Jan 24th? Or is that just another random Walmart date that will eventually delay?
🤷‍♂️ Your guess is as good as anyone's. There hasn't been any info on this arriving at U.S. ports that I've seen, but that doesn't necessarily mean they haven't already arrived.

Reaction score
I think they went to the "No plastic bubble" cardboard only design right after this for the deluxe figures. We will see if its a positive or not when they arrive.

Reaction score
It would be nice to get this one day.......if ****ing wally world ever decides to ****ing ship it.

Reaction score
I can't argue that walmart doesn't fumble almost all these preorders, buuuuuut we wouldn't even have these figures without them. It's one of the few retailers that consistently has TVC exclusives anymore.

Reaction score
That's true, without WM, these wouldn't be released, but with that said, aren't most of the TVC exclusives that WM gets stinkers? Thinking back, their Kenner 96 releases were mostly duds, old sculpts being recycled at full price. Same with this set, previously released figures with new accessories basically. I don't know if it says more about WM or just Hasbro in general because of how cheap they are with exclusives - much less perceived product value with a higher pricepoint. I wonder if the line could survive without WM altogether?

Reaction score
Thats very true. The WM exclusives are all repacks/retools/repaints. It's mostly just new accessories to build out the world building scale. The best part of these exclusives for me, are the inclusion of smaller creatures. I hope to see that continue.

Reaction score
That's true, without WM, these wouldn't be released, but with that said, aren't most of the TVC exclusives that WM gets stinkers? Thinking back, their Kenner 96 releases were mostly duds, old sculpts being recycled at full price. Same with this set, previously released figures with new accessories basically. I don't know if it says more about WM or just Hasbro in general because of how cheap they are with exclusives - much less perceived product value with a higher pricepoint. I wonder if the line could survive without WM altogether?
In truth I could live without them because at some point we know that an unmasked Din would eventually show up somewhere, may not have got the Cantomo or Bars of Beskar but it's not like we've gotten every tiny accessory ever for the past 40 years with other characters. Same with Ahsoka for that matter, they simply included her cloak that should have been on the basic figure and tossing an owl and lantern. Which are cool BTW just not extremely needed in the face of potential other figures we need made.

Now when/if they start making actual new molds as a Walmart Exclusive instead of just repaints then we're in trouble because then it's a dependency issue of only one retailer to get it. Which is why I didn't get very many of the BS 3.75" figures. Thankfully Walmart only want main/known character so if they ever do make a Pong Krell or Black Krrsantan it won't be exclusive to Walmart, at least I hope not.

Reaction score
Arrived today in Spain, very nice figures and spiders

With the Disney big spider behind

New legs in Mando season 2 and modified ankles.

Decent snow paint apps and grogu with spider egg is nice.

We need frog Lady now to complete at least ONE SCENE of Mando.

Almost I forgot, the bubble was almost falling in one of the 3 units, they come very little glued and it is also heavier, I am afraid that in a short time it will be completely loose. For me an opener doesn't matter but I remembered first VC wave in 2018

Attachments

• P1260785.JPG
    P1260785.JPG
    450.5 KB · Views: 28
  • P1260786.JPG
    P1260786.JPG
    490 KB · Views: 29
  • P1260787.JPG
    P1260787.JPG
    461.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Reaction score
So..Let's keep the negativity at bay as not to jinx ourselves ....

I just was doing my routine CC review/balancing etc and just this morning, WM has placed a pending charge for 1 of the 2 i ordered. I am suspecting it is the 2nd order because the 1st 1, I ordered at launch and it was delayed, At the time of order it said ETA 3 days. The 2nd order I placed a few days later and its ETA all along said 1/17 or so. Now it could be an auto pre-auth due to today's date, but I do not recall WM pre-authing but only once at the time of order placement and then as it enters processing on past orders.