The Mandalorian & Grogu (Maldo Kreis)

GNT

Reaction score
Hasbro have revealed the Vintage Collection Mandalorian and Grogo (Maldo Kreis) figures:

1634935182193.jpeg
Will you be purchasing this pack?

Attachments

• 1634935101679.jpeg
    1634935101679.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 19
Reaction score
Happy to see some creatures in TVC, but boy am I bored with Mando & Grogu figures. I would have been excited if they did that alien character from the same scene, but then they'd have to sculpt a new figure, instead of just a thigh, lol. I'm really not into scene specific outfits with snow, dirt, etc anymore unless that's the characters only appearance.

Reaction score
Yeah - I wish this would’ve been Frog Lady instead. How many Dins to we have now? Especially if you’re buying multiple packs to army build the spiders for the Crest.

It at least would’ve been nice if they’d given him ankle rockers this time. Grogu looks exactly the same as the past releases too - a unique figure of him eating eggs from the Frog Lady’s canister would’ve been fun.

bac

Reaction score
Looking forward to this. Managed to preorder the 6" pack; which gives me a third size of spider to go with this set.

I did the same and will sell off everything else from the 6" set.

Remember this Mando has updated rocker ankles as well. They wouldn't have done that if there wasn't another use planned imho.

While I hate the giant card, I do dig this scene-specific set. Last year's build-up pack was one of my favorites with the awesome "damage" deco. This snowy deco should look sharp in person as well.

As an aside, TVC deserves muddy/damaged Mando and force-using Grogu.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm pretty excited about this. I also ordered the 6 inch set just for the bigger spider. This looks like the same Grogu head sculpt as the single release, but with all back eyes. I'm happy about that! I think the white eyes look a cartoon character

bac

Reaction score
Three more thoughts.

1. I wonder if this has a TVC number? Probably. Finding a case for a MOC one could be... challenging.

2. 4 of the 8 legs on the larger spider are articulated if I recall.

3. I REALLY hope Walmart doesn't F this up

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
The Mandalorian & Grogu (Maldo Kreis)

Retooled right thigh to match S02. Snowy deco treatment. Has upgraded rocker ankles. Large Krykna has four articulated legs.

Walmart-Icon-18px.png
Exclusive
Available for pre-order TBD. On shelf Spring 2022. MSRP is $26.49.

Press Images

VC-The-Mandalorian-Grogu-Maldo-Kreis-Build-Up-Pack-Carded-1-Resized.jpg
VC-The-Mandalorian-Grogu-Maldo-Kreis-Build-Up-Pack-Loose-1-Resized.jpg

VC-The-Mandalorian-Grogu-Maldo-Kreis-Build-Up-Pack-Loose-2-Resized.jpg
VC-The-Mandalorian-Grogu-Maldo-Kreis-Build-Up-Pack-Loose-3-Resized.jpg

VC-The-Mandalorian-Grogu-Maldo-Kreis-Build-Up-Pack-Loose-4-Resized.jpg
VC-The-Mandalorian-Grogu-Maldo-Kreis-Build-Up-Pack-Loose-5-Resized.jpg

VC-The-Mandalorian-Grogu-Maldo-Kreis-Build-Up-Pack-Loose-6-Resized.jpg
VC-The-Mandalorian-Grogu-Maldo-Kreis-Build-Up-Pack-Loose-7-Resized.jpg

VC-The-Mandalorian-Grogu-Maldo-Kreis-Build-Up-Pack-Loose-8-Resized.jpg
VC-The-Mandalorian-Grogu-Maldo-Kreis-Build-Up-Pack-Loose-9-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
VC-The-Mandalorian-Grogu-Maldo-Kreis-Build-Up-Pack-Carded-1.jpg

VC-The-Mandalorian-Grogu-Maldo-Kreis-Build-Up-Pack-Loose-1.jpg

VC-The-Mandalorian-Grogu-Maldo-Kreis-Build-Up-Pack-Loose-2.jpg

VC-The-Mandalorian-Grogu-Maldo-Kreis-Build-Up-Pack-Loose-7.jpg

VC-The-Mandalorian-Grogu-Maldo-Kreis-Build-Up-Pack-Loose-8.jpg

Last edited:

bac

Reaction score
Now i really want the big momma spider to go with this set and the Crest. But if we can't get a Mudhorn and Blurrg then there's no way a Rancor-sized spider happens.

And Frog Lady too, of course.

Reaction score
If this ends up being a Walmart exclusive (still not confirmed), then Hasbro truly gives zero effs about their customers' frustrations when trying to secure their products. The way Walmart handled the last build-up pack gave new meaning to the word 'incompetent'.

bac

Reaction score
^ It is in Hasbro's press release as a Walmart exclusive.

STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH THE MANDALORIAN & GROGU (MALDO KREIS) Figures
(HASBRO/Age 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $26.49/Available: Spring 2022)
Fans and collectors can imagine scenes from the STAR WARS Galaxy with this STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH THE MANDALORIAN & GROGU (MALDO KREIS) Figures inspired by THE MANDALORIAN live-action series on Disney+. STAR WARS fans and collectors can display these fully articulated figures featuring a poseable head, arms, and legs, as well as premium deco and Kenner-inspired branding, in their action figure and vehicle collection. Includes 2 figures and 5 accessories. Available exclusively at Walmart.

Reaction score
^ It is in Hasbro's press release as a Walmart exclusive.

STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH THE MANDALORIAN & GROGU (MALDO KREIS) Figures
(HASBRO/Age 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $26.49/Available: Spring 2022)
Fans and collectors can imagine scenes from the STAR WARS Galaxy with this STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH THE MANDALORIAN & GROGU (MALDO KREIS) Figures inspired by THE MANDALORIAN live-action series on Disney+. STAR WARS fans and collectors can display these fully articulated figures featuring a poseable head, arms, and legs, as well as premium deco and Kenner-inspired branding, in their action figure and vehicle collection. Includes 2 figures and 5 accessories. Available exclusively at Walmart.
And Yakface confirmed it as well.

Reaction score
I like this set, but man does Hasbro know how to kill excitement when it comes to getting their products.

Reaction score
If I were someone who wanted to sell things at PulseCon, I would have put the spiders from this set with the spider(s) from the Black Series one to see how they all look together, so even people who only collect one scale might be tempted to get both of these.

But I'm not that person.

Reaction score
Updated rocker ankles is fantastic news.

Big if here but...IF Walmart handles this exclusive like the LFL50 stuff it might not be too much of a shitshow to obtain this.

Reaction score
I dunno, they made the bubble extra large, so that the chances for WM to smash them are increased. Like making a bigger dart board with a bigger bullseye 🎯

(I'm only being slightly facetious, I do hope this set has no problems like last year's build up pack)

Reaction score
Walmart and a lot more money than I expected. I figured I’d buy 3, but $80 doesn’t seem reasonable.

Reaction score
I'm still going to try and get 2-3 of these, ...I just need a moment of zen before the impending chaos.

bac

Reaction score
If I were someone who wanted to sell things at PulseCon, I would have put the spiders from this set with the spider(s) from the Black Series one to see how they all look together, so even people who only collect one scale might be tempted to get both of these.

But I'm not that person.

This is EXACTLY what I told my wife. It's the marketer in me since that's what I do for a living.

I also told her they should have ended with an additional slide that showed every item and if/when/where each was going up for pre-order. That way there wouldn't have been countless if/when/where posts in forums and on social media.

Reaction score
Walmart.... F&*$! WALMART! Hasbro just doesn't care about anything the fans and collectors say, do they? Collectors- "Hasbro, PLEASE stop giving so many exclusives to Walmart. They are terrible and do not know how to handle them."

Hasbro to collectors- "You're right. It's terrible. We don't give enough exclusives to Walmart! We will give them more, because they know how to handle it!"

Reaction score
And easy pass for me, don't need no more Din or Grogu figures and i don't need the spiders enough to overlook that fact.

I guess this means the Queen will be a HasLab item and offer varying sizes as unlocks.

Blurgg by the end of 2022 or bust!

Reaction score
I’m sorry, but this is trash.

They need to stop pointless repacks and just give the damn spiders as their own thing versus another Mando and Grogu again almost identical to the last Wal-mart exclusive.

Instead there’s a giant bubble that’s comical looking and it’s $26 when it could’ve been $13 for the spiders and the egg piece only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bac

Reaction score
Hasbro wanted another Mando and Grogu available for the holiday season and the spiders are a bonus. I don't blame them in the least.

Reaction score
Hasbro wanted another Mando and Grogu available for the holiday season and the spiders are a bonus. I don't blame them in the least.

Yeah, THEY wanted

And what holiday season? It comes out next spring!

They’re getting too dependent on repacks. All these TVC redos with photo real or even BS Mayfeld being from his mudtrooper suit so they only had to make a new head. It’s all so lazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bac

Reaction score
Lazy? Or necessary for survival? We'll never know what's required to please the bean counters.

Reaction score
The spiders are fun, but not enough to get me to buy yet another Mando and Grogu. I'll live. (also, I have the big-daddy version from Galaxy's Edge, so I'm good.)