The Mandalorian & Grogu (Arvala-7) - #TM14

Reaction score
Well, this really annoys me. For about the 10th time I missed it by either minutes or seconds, only this time, it let me add it to the cart, then called it sold out. Now, I used to have it my "Saved" section to make it easy to just click without refreshing. Because it was in my cart for a millisecond, it's no longer in the saved section.

These companies need to do what ticketmaster & fandango do. If it can go in your cart, it stays there until checkout is complete, with a window of a few minutes to complete the order. If you still haven't checked out, then it gets removed. You'd think by now these companies would have figured it out! :mad: :mad:

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
I was finally able to order one this morning. Was it due to my diligence watching for the in-stock email, or relentlessly refreshing the product page for hours on end hoping for that beautiful red "Ship it" button? No, it was neither. It all came down to randomly refreshing the product page once after an early morning bathroom trip. 🌊 😏

Reaction score
Well, this really annoys me. For about the 10th time I missed it by either minutes or seconds, only this time, it let me add it to the cart, then called it sold out. Now, I used to have it my "Saved" section to make it easy to just click without refreshing. Because it was in my cart for a millisecond, it's no longer in the saved section.

These companies need to do what ticketmaster & fandango do. If it can go in your cart, it stays there until checkout is complete, with a window of a few minutes to complete the order. If you still haven't checked out, then it gets removed. You'd think by now these companies would have figured it out! :mad: :mad:
I agree with you 1000%...If it's in the cart you have 10 mins (in case you're buying other figures or something else)...I've lost out on getting figures at the completing order stage...

Reaction score
I agree with you 1000%...If it's in the cart you have 10 mins (in case you're buying other figures or something else)...I've lost out on getting figures at the completing order stage...
That was the farthest I got just once, a few days ago. Otherwise it's either "sold out" & won't go into the cart, or what just happened to me a little while ago. You really do have to get lucky with this one, because there's no rhyme or reason as to when they'll pop up in stock.

Reaction score
I've been diligently watching but even opening the page after the notification comes through just isn't enough. At one point I got all the way to 'complete order' and then it went to my saved. Why is it so hard to collect these toys?

Reaction score
You guys that constantly refresh that order page for this to go in stock - are you working from home or have a cushy job where you don't have to....work? LOL!!

Reaction score
Mine went from being expected Feb. 17 to arriving today, but that’s surely not happening because it just left Minnesota this morning. FedEx has generally been giving some outrageous shipping estimates that usually get dialed back by a day or two. So I expect I’ll have the set tomorrow or Thursday at this point.

Reaction score
Mine went from being expected Feb. 17 to arriving today, but that’s surely not happening because it just left Minnesota this morning. FedEx has generally been giving some outrageous shipping estimates that usually get dialed back by a day or two. So I expect I’ll have the set tomorrow or Thursday at this point.
Just as a rule of thumb, Fedex is completely screwed up at the moment. They can't tell if they are coming or going. At my job overnight packages went from 10:30am to 4:30PM delivery. I constantly get packages from them all times of the day, from a single shipment. and it may take a few days for it all to arrive. and that's just the inbound stuff.

Reaction score
Just as a rule of thumb, Fedex is completely screwed up at the moment. They can't tell if they are coming or going. At my job overnight packages went from 10:30am to 4:30PM delivery. I constantly get packages from them all times of the day, from a single shipment. and it may take a few days for it all to arrive. and that's just the inbound stuff.
FedEx is a mess, delay after delay. Packages in same state take a week while USPS can send a package from PA to WA in a couple days.

Reaction score
I'm so fed up with this...I'm willing to give into eBay once the all the buyers with bots list them! The price will eventually come down when eBay is flooded. I'm at my computer and phone when that Back in Stock alert chimes. But I'm always too late by mere seconds. Not really sure how you guys are getting one unless you have bots working for you.

Reaction score
I'm so fed up with this...I'm willing to give into eBay once the all the buyers with bots list them! The price will eventually come down when eBay is flooded. I'm at my computer and phone when that Back in Stock alert chimes. But I'm always too late by mere seconds. Not really sure how you guys are getting one unless you have bots working for you.
I feel the same way. Right now they're ridiculously expensive, and some are shipping from Taiwan. Once everyone who ordered gets them in, and people start finding them in stores, the prices should get more reasonable.

Reaction score
I feel the same way. Right now they're ridiculously expensive, and some are shipping from Taiwan. Once everyone who ordered gets them in, and people start finding them in stores, the prices should get more reasonable.
I finally got a order in yesterday at 2:40 est after several days of notifications, every time I got the notice it said sold out, lucky I was on the target app right when they popped up for more than a minute, maybe several minutes

Reaction score

Lol. No. I don’t even know how bots work let alone how to set one up. Just lightning fast reflexes I guess, after many, many tries.

Reaction score
It’s so stupid. I cleared my cookies just in case but every time it says add to cart but then add to cart sold out or error during checkout. This is instantly when I get the Target app notification. The app is open as well. I’m just glad this happened to Arvala 7 and not Maldo Kreis.

Reaction score
Wow. Got it at 8am! I went to the cart since it was saved and finally went through. How stupid is this? I have know idea how these guys put a positive spin on anything this afternoon. People should not have to go through this for a hobby.

Reaction score

I know that it sucks, but don't give up. It took me 19 attempts when my phone would go off from the alert to finally get one. Even then, I had some good luck since I decided to just check at 1:43 PM (the 7th) and it was available. While I was on the last step of the order I heard my phone go off with the email alert. Then it stayed available for another 4-5 minutes! I've been going crazy over getting this figure. Even to the point of having a list of when the alerts go off, and seeing if there is a pattern. Also, ALWAYS go back to the item page and turn back on the notifications after it sends one to you. Finally, just check the page whenever you can (depending on your schedule) since you could luck out and see it live seconds before anyone else.

As for patterns, the highest so far is between 20-29 on the hour, with 10-19 on the hour being second. I'm guessing that this is when they acknowledge the trailer (either when it's about to be unloaded or after it's unloaded) since 95% of these when they drop are one case (6). Busy times for drops would be from 9-Noon Central time, with some activity around 7PM or 9PM (again Central time).

I'll try to get a second one Bosski and if I do, I'll help you out. :D

Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to snag one on Monday, midday-ish. Had about 5 Target in stock alerts via email that morning where I either saw the email too late, or the figure was gone in seconds within clicking. I checked in on the page every 10-15 minutes and eventually the "add to cart" stuck.
Had this same experience and luck in ordering the Vintage Rogue One x-wing last year. The frequent blinking in and out of stock was better than the "all gone at 3 a.m."
The nature of my job keeps me on the computer. Minor lulls during the day, allow me to check in periodically on sites.
To mirror the point others stated: don't give up or resort to ebay yet.

Reaction score
According to Patrick during the Fan First Wednesday Livestream on 02.09.22, this will officially go up for in-stock ordering at Target on March 27th. No mention of the fact that it has already been going in and out of stock for the past week or so.
Of course, they also told us the Walgreens Clone trooper was going live months ago, and we're still waiting!

Reaction score
Was on the final screen to enter the code, thought I had it that time! Not sure why Target even uses that last unnecessary screen.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You didn't have to type in a 4-digit Target red card code, or if paying a different way a 3-digit credit card code?
No, I’ve never had to type anything in to use my Redcard in the app. It’s just three clicks: add to cart, go to checkout, and complete order (or whatever they call it). Maybe there’s something you can change in your Redcard settings to bypass that step?

Reaction score
According to Patrick during the Fan First Wednesday Livestream on 02.09.22, this will officially go up for in-stock ordering at Target on March 27th. No mention of the fact that it has already been going in and out of stock for the past week or so.
Interesting. No mention of the existing stock that comes and goes, or maybe Patrick isn't aware of it?

No, I’ve never had to type anything in to use my Redcard in the app. It’s just three clicks: add to cart, go to checkout, and complete order (or whatever they call it). Maybe there’s something you can change in your Redcard settings to bypass that step?
Same for me. My Redcard info is in, and it's just 3 steps...but even with just 3 steps I've failed many times. I can only imagine the frustration if it takes people more steps.

Reaction score
Maybe the 4-digit code is for Target Redcard Debit Cards, not the Credit Card. I have the Debit so I am asked to type in that 4-digit code.
If I didn't need to fill that extra step, I probably would have secured one a week ago.

Reaction score
Maybe the 4-digit code is for Target Redcard Debit Cards, not the Credit Card. I have the Debit so I am asked to type in that 4-digit code.
If I didn't need to fill that extra step, I probably would have secured one a week ago.
You mean your pin number? That's what I have to do for my Debit Redcard. For this figure where timing was of the essence I just used my regular CC. Losing the 5% savings isn't a huge hit.

Reaction score
Next time I will definitely try a credit card instead and see if I’m successful.

Reaction score
So sick and tired of seeing that red ship button FINALLY appear, only to click on it and get the message "this item is out of stock." If the button is up, that should mean the item is there! Even worse, once you realize you just missed it by minutes or seconds, you know it MIGHT show up again later today, but who knows when, and definitely not for several hours at the least! :cautious:

This business of putting up only 6 at a time, and at completely random times is infuriating. Just put it up when you have several thousand in stock, and put a limit of 1 or 2 only. This way when that button appears, you should theoretically have a period of several hours to get an order in. Even the Droids Boba wasn't this hard to order!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not if you have it saved under your payment methods.
You don't understand what I'm asking. There is a 3-digit number on the back of all credit cards that most etailers ask you to type in before placing an order. Are you saying Target doesn't ask for that when you enter any credit card as payment? That information is very important to many people here who misses out, in literally one second, by having to type some sort of a pin code before placing an order. Details are important when you explain. Most people here are true collectors who want to secure one and not scalpers, so don't worry about that.

Reaction score
^ some sites save that 3 digit, some do not. I did not have to re-enter them for the amazon order my wife and i placed this week, but i had to for my EE order the other day. Both have my info pre-stored. As for as target, i cannot remember if i did when i placed an in stock book order a couple weeks ago, BUT for any preorder at target, I NEVER use a CC, i make sure i know the price beforehand and buy a GC to cover it and add to my acct before i preorder. I do not want target to keep pre-authing my cc ever ten day more months to a year. That can send a red flag to some banks and may be why some experience an unexpected random cancellation. A prepaid visa card could work too instead of a target gc, but you may have to set it set up your acct by placing a random in stock item in cart go through start of check out change payment option and add visa prepaid , set as default then empty your cart and not omplete purchase. BUt that route, you may still need to enter the pin number when placing new order
Another alternative...paypal. But again, that may be best if you have a balance already to cover amount, So your cc is not involved. funds w/ paypal with be held aside so it's like pre paying but target doesnt really collect money asap as a reg gc order.
the only issue ive notice w/ target is if you have circle and use the rewards cash towards preorder. they'll lower final cost accordingly, but your reward balance doesnt change until item ships. Thats what happened a/ my TVC droid trio order and 3po shipped. So i have remember not to use my rewards balance until fett and r2 ship.

Reaction score
You don't understand what I'm asking. There is a 3-digit number on the back of all credit cards that most etailers ask you to type in before placing an order. Are you saying Target doesn't ask for that when you enter any credit card as payment? That information is very important to many people here who misses out, in literally one second, by having to type some sort of a pin code before placing an order. Details are important when you explain. Most people here are true collectors who want to secure one and not scalpers, so don't worry about that.
Yes, I understand exactly what you meant. You're referring to the CVV number. I'm not sure how much more clearer I can be. If you go into your Target account, then under "Payments" click on "Add a new card," and then enter your card info, you shouldn't need to enter your CVV number when checking out as it will automatically have all the info added as your payment method.

I can sympathize with your frustration, but it's really no reason to be impolite. Also, not sure what you meant by the scalper comment.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes, I understand exactly what you meant. You're referring to the CVV number. I'm not sure how much more clearer I can be. If you go into your Target account, then under "Payments" click on "Add a new card," and then enter your card info, you shouldn't need to enter your CVV number when checking out as it will automatically have all the info added as your payment method.

I can sympathize with your frustration, but it's really no reason to be impolite. Also, not sure what you meant by the scalper comment.
Not trying to be impolite, but the rest of us are angry that some of you got your order through....so it's more frustration. If nobody here got one, then the scale would be more balanced. So yes...people are jealous and frustrated. What I meant by the scalper comment is people sometimes don't want to post too many ideas or secrets to help out collectors because there are ebay scalping lurkers here who will take advantage of that information.

Regarding adding a new credit card, I did add a new non-Target credit card today, but there was no area to enter a CVV number in advance.

The ordering experience on Target's website should not be this difficult. It's like trying to order Comic-Con tickets!!

I'm shocked and surprised all the complaints to Target didn't trigger them to limit the sale of these. It should be one per customer per account.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm shocked and surprised all the complaints to Target didn't trigger them to limit the sale of these. It should be one per customer per account

It does seem to be 1 per account. I managed to get an order in a few days ago. Within a couple of hours, I managed to place a second order (for a fellow Scummer). The second order was immediately canceled because I had exceeded the purchase limit.