The Mandalorian (Beskar)

GNT

Reaction score
According to Yakface and Jedi Insider we maybe seeing a new Mandalorian (Beskar) figure in the near future as part of the 6” line.

Any thoughts on seeing this?

Oofa

Grand Moff
Reaction score
Probably not, as I really didn't like the new shiny look, but if they grime and dirty it up as in the last episode, yes please.

DarthPete

Emperor's Hand
Reaction score
Oh I think its safe to say most of us will be buying literally every Mandalorian figure they release. If they released not only the full Beskar version, but also a Beskay clan of two with rising phoenix AND a first episode armor with Beskar shoulder pauldron, I'd buy all three. If for no other reason than to support the high quality media that is The Mandalorian. (y)

THX1969

Moff
Reaction score
So, will the armor 'shine' be as dull and not shiny as say ... Phasma or 3PO Black Series? :unsure: :cautious:

I do wish they could develop a better look than that.

RUOKR2

High Admiral
Reaction score
So, will the armor 'shine' be as dull and not shiny as say ... Phasma or 3PO Black Series? :unsure: :cautious:

I suspect it will mimic what's already on the (beskar) helmet...

Tyranusspotting

Sith Lord
Reaction score

I recall reading a Q&A where Hasbro mentioned they're having difficulties making vac-metalized figures because of new health and safety regulations for toys. The reason probably being the paint might chip off and get swallowed.

THX1969

Moff
Reaction score
I recall reading a Q&A where Hasbro mentioned they're having difficulties making vac-metalized figures because of new health and safety regulations for toys. The reason probably being the paint might chip off and get swallowed.
Ah, right - I forgot about that, I think I read that a while back when C-3PO was released.

Tyranusspotting

Sith Lord
Reaction score
Ah, right - I forgot about that, I think I read that a while back when C-3PO was released.
Well, at least there are model kit options in the 6" scale that are still allowed to be vac-metalized. Surely some manufacturer will do Mando with shiny Beskar armor eventually.

Masterfett

Emperor
Reaction score
So.. What kind of paint was used on those gold 2-pk figures that look so shiny? Or for that matter, the Carbonized Sith trooper?
:unsure:

But whatever Hasbro want to use as an excuse not to give us something, just them them roll with it...

DJ121

Emperor's Hand
Reaction score
They have been willing to do vac metal parts on the reissued Transformers, so there is a glimmer of hope at least that we could see something.

Oofa

Grand Moff
Reaction score
I'm not so sure they will do the vac-metalizing for this line. I'm sure they would have done it with Phasma then. And seeing how general interest have declined etc, I'm not holding my hopes up for this, however cool it would be.

I did the molotow chrome thing a long time ago, I just didn't know it had to sit for at least a week/fortnight/longer without you even breathing on it, for it to harden enough.

dsuspense

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Considering their failure on the carbonized Sith Trooper, with paint chips flaking off, and even the paint chipping off of the rifle on the regular Mando, hopefully they can do a good job on this one...

TKRC13

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
I'm not so sure they will do the vac-metalizing for this line. I'm sure they would have done it with Phasma then. And seeing how general interest have declined etc, I'm not holding my hopes up for this, however cool it would be.

I did the molotow chrome thing a long time ago, I just didn't know it had to sit for at least a week/fortnight/longer without you even breathing on it, for it to harden enough.
Well, that explains why I keep having to redo spots on my 3PO I'm turning into TC-14. I will let it sit much longer before I try to fix anymore fingerprints.

RUOKR2

High Admiral
Reaction score
I suspect they will stay with the in-mould color for “playability.”
Thinking...
-use the same colored plastic for the current helmet overall then mist it with the finish from the carbonized version?
-use a silver version of the gold paint found on those 3.75” anniversary figures?
-use some kind of gloss over all beskar areas?
-use upgraded finish such as on the SHF TLJ Phasma figure?
-wait for the Bandai model kit? ;-)

parintachin73

High Admiral
Reaction score
Well, that explains why I keep having to redo spots on my 3PO I'm turning into TC-14. I will let it sit much longer before I try to fix anymore fingerprints.
I've been playing with the Molotow chrome on and off for a couple weeks to decide whether to use that or Alcaad on my upgraded Mando. The Molotow definitely has a longer cure time than most acrylics but if you leave it be for 48hrs it seems to be pretty good. I've also noticed it adheres much better if you use an adhesion promoter or light mist of acetone through an airbrush. It gives it a little more bite into the plastic. It's definitely the nicest metallic luster I've seen from an acrylic paint. My local hobby shop has it in spray cans too so I'm gonna pick one up next time I venture out of the house (if they're open🙂)

YavinTemplePilot

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Got mine early from FOT.

Not really, but I did make one though and am curios to see if Hasbro can make something as good IMO. I’m considering making a few for sale to fund new projects too.

Attachments

Dak_Ren

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
That looks great! How much would you sell these for?

GalaxyShot

High Admiral
Reaction score
Got mine early from FOT.

Not really, but I did make one though and am curios to see if Hasbro can make something as good IMO. I’m considering making a few for sale to fund new projects too.

Whoa where did you get that?

YavinTemplePilot

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
That looks great! How much would you sell these for?
Thank you! Its a very limited run. Im asking $150 for the entire swap (minus jetpack because it’s an expensive part and uses a lot of chrome) with me providing all materials, parts, and the figure itself. If you already have the figure and parts it'll be cheaper.

For $170 total I’ll include the painted removable jetpack with a peg attachment.

I know that’s a lot, but the production ones will look even better than mine since there was a lot of experimenting to get everything right the first time.

I’m also happy to take painting commissions for just the helmet if you want the first armor suit to match the Beskar look.

This figure was a labor of love for me, and I really love working with this dark chrome finish. The end result is amazing in person. Here’s a photo showing how different the finish looks in different light.

Attachments

Codeman1432

Ensign
Reaction score

well, i mean its the next logical release for mando. the one we got was basically mando from the original promo shot that existed for 1-2 episodes.

Dak_Ren

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Why does it seem like sometimes the Beskar undersuit is brown and sometimes more bluish dark grey?