The Mandalorian - #94

Reaction score
Target has given different stories every time I call them on the status.
Yesterday they claimed they did not get them on the truck, today they say they got them on the truck and they sold out.
Pretty doubtful, since even the associates in the store said they never saw them.
Makes me wonder about the B$ they sometimes feed customers who call for in-demand products...

Reaction score
I've dedicated most of my collecting to the vintage stuff, but I'm going to go after the Mandalorian Series specific Black Series. I was able to pre-order both the Mandalorian & Cara Dune from entertainment earth. Got IG-11 from Best Buy.com, and the Jawa can be found on Amazon below retail. Excited to open these up and display them in my office.
Before the show, my collection was also OT Boba, Vader or Stormtroopers. I only had 5 Black Series figures (of those characters), but since this came out I added the Carbonized and regular Mandalorian figures.

I ordered the Heavy Infantry Mandalorian and IG-11 from Best Buy today (wasn't going to get IG-11, but it was only $16 on there). For now, Cara Dune and the Jawa don't really appeal to me. But that may change.

I also love the Dewback with Mando poses on here and might do that if I can get an extra Mando to open!

Reaction score
I saw a full case of them today at Target..I’d give it a day or two...
I was in Target last week and saw a lone one just sitting on the shelf. I thought it must have been one hidden by a customer and found by an employee. It was TFF price, so I used the 25% off coupon on it.

Reaction score
Was happy to finally get my Mando last week, took him out for a few pics before it got too dark on Saturday. Wish I had my normal Storm Troopers, but can't find them atm, so settled for a BF2 Shock Trooper as a standin. Funny how I had to add an extra of driving (back and forth) to get my figure at gamestop, only to find another the next day (or maybe the day after) at Walmart...then another one today (sunday) at Meijer.

Attachments

Reaction score
Found a single Carbonized Mando at Target on lunch today. They didn't have anymore. One corner was crushed. Not sure if it was a return or something. I picked it up for a friend that hasn't been able to get his hands on one.

Reaction score
Spoke to an employee today who said "we had 5 in stock" after I informed him I called twice the day before and they said they did not have.
Very shady by Target to not even confirm that they had them...they did get stocked with 2 cases of the Cara Dune wave, so I made off with 2 of her after an employee gladly went to the back to get her.
My consolation is I FINALLY got confirmation of my TFF Carbonized Mando order being shipped today!

Reaction score
I swung by my local Best Buy before going to the gym. About 20 plus IG-11 figures (wish I would not have ordered it online now), two off world Jawas. I passed on them all but no Heavy Gunners.

Reaction score
Can't remember where, I thought it was on here, but I saw someone use the Jedi Luke cloak on this figure and I thought I'd give it a try. The hood didn't really look good though, so I picked out the seam and removed it. Not sure if I'm going to stick with it or not, but it looks pretty good:

20191126_184638 (2).jpg

20191126_185028 (2).jpg

Reaction score
Can't remember where, I thought it was on here, but I saw someone use the Jedi Luke cloak on this figure and I thought I'd give it a try. The hood didn't really look good though, so I picked out the seam and removed it. Not sure if I'm going to stick with it or not, but it looks pretty good:

View attachment 339996

View attachment 339997
Nice! And here I've been struggling with trying to get a coffee dyed island journey Rey cloak to lay right, lol.

Reaction score
I swung by my local Best Buy before going to the gym. About 20 plus IG-11 figures (wish I would not have ordered it online now), two off world Jawas. I passed on them all but no Heavy Gunners.
Did you double-post this here by mistake? :unsure:

Reaction score
Doess anyone have tips of safely popping the head off this guy? I got some custom soft goods cloaks from Rickhor, I've never been compelled to do such a thing before but excited to free up this guy's movement.

Reaction score
Got the website info? Thanks.

Ehh, that gray was way too light for my taste. I'm guessing he had a Black one but sold out quick.
I thought it wasn't bad. It is a little on the light side, but I wouldn't consider Mando's cape black either. It is kind of a dark grey.

Reaction score
Reaction score
I don’t know how but this happened...
View attachment 340148
So I don't know if this was the case here, but I made an agreement with a seller on a couple SW comics. He put the price for the two issues at $999 when in fact he sold them to me for $16. He put the absurd asking price that high to deter anyone else from buying it before I could accept his offer. I really hope that is what happened here.

Reaction score
White-box Mandalorians are going for $80-$100 on eBay right now. And those aren't BIN prices, people are bidding them up to those levels. I'm glad I bought one when I had the chance.

Reaction score
You have to wonder if Hasbro is aware the Mandalorian is a hot figure. I know the white boxes were a one and done but they have yet to carry the basic one over into another wave.

Reaction score
You have to wonder if Hasbro is aware the Mandalorian is a hot figure. I know the white boxes were a one and done but they have yet to carry the basic one over into another wave.
They are available to order in solid cases of 8 from some retailers but they are not due until 2020. I’m sure Hasbro will keep making them until nobody wants them anymore.

Reaction score
They are available to order in solid cases of 8 from some retailers but they are not due until 2020. I’m sure Hasbro will keep making them until nobody wants them anymore.
The solid cases won't be the first edition box though. I can't see Hasbro going back and doing more white boxes. I passed on the white box, and had the chance to buy three of them on Force Friday. Opted for the carbonized one instead, because I had the standard figure on order from Dorkside. Wasn't sure if I was getting a white box or black.

Reaction score
The solid cases won't be the first edition box though. I can't see Hasbro going back and doing more white boxes. I passed on the white box, and had the chance to buy three of them on Force Friday. Opted for the carbonized one instead, because I had the standard figure on order from Dorkside. Wasn't sure if I was getting a white box or black.
yeah I wanted the Carbonized version to leave box and the basic one to open. I am happy I found a Basic Mando at GameStop.

Reaction score
You are correct I assume as far as the first edition box goes. As well I think the Target carbon version will be over once the last of the shipments hit the stores in the next several weeks. My Target Mando’s just showed up after nearly 2 months yesterday. I didn’t worry about getting him in the morning of the first merchandise release having already ordered him on line. He was sitting on the shelf. The only regular version Mando in my store was the white first edition and there was only one. The regular black box version was no where to be found that morning, but the rest of the assortment from his case was there. Good luck finding the one your looking for.

Reaction score
I picked up a white-boxed Mandalorian the day after TFF and didn't really think much about it at the time. It's the only Mandalorian figure I've seen at all in my area, so I'm really glad I grabbed it. No other white boxes, no carbonized versions, not even any black box Mandos.

I'm sure Hasbro will overcorrect soon and we will be swimming in Mandalorian figures; but not necessarily this specific version of the figure. He only wore the outfit that this figure represents in the initial promotional material and the first half of the first episode. I'm sure the next variation will have his Beskar pauldron and then we'll get a full Beskar armored version. So there seems to be a good chance that this figure will be discontinued and replaced very soon.