the long awaited membership kit

Reaction score
So yesterday I finally got my fan club kit. I was thinking it would have all these cool things in it but it sucked so f**king much. I waited way to long for this thing and it was a RIP OFF i am warning anyone who is waiting for this

Reaction score
Og goodie. Something to look forward to. At least I know I should be getting it soon.

Reaction score
I got mine a few weeks ago. I was looking forward to it because I had no idea what was going to be in it. I joyfully tore open the envelope and out fell..... a whole bunch of advertisements. Lame. The only highlight could be the poster. Even then, I could think of better characters than Padme.

Reaction score
I finally got mine.

I thought the Padme poster was neat. I think it would be cooler if it was a set of posters, with different characters on each.

Mabey Anakin, Obi-Wan, R2 3P0, Palpatine, Yaoda, or something to that effect.

Reaction score
OMG, thanks man, no way am I joining that ripoff club!

Reaction score
I was actually prettey ticked because all it contained was advertisments. The posters were lame in my eyes! I joined the club thinking I would get some exclusive material. I really do not want a koto and three day blinds poster! I just threw the whole thing in the trash!

Reaction score
Pretty much every "article" in the Insider is an advertisement so why should the membership kit be any different? One of my top petpeeves about being a SW fan is Lucasfilm's never ending blitz of pushing product.

Reaction score
Man that sucks... When I was a member back in the 90s I remember getting a really cool kit! It came with a sweet poster of the Falcon, a sticker of some kind, a membership card, and best of all and exclusive Micro Machine Han and Falcon box set. I actually got 2 of these kits in the mail but the second time it came with a Micro Machine Vader and Star Destroyer box set!

Reaction score
Saberking57 said:
can anyone tell me exactly comes inside cause i wante dto join hyeprspace??
  • 1 koto poster
  • a Padme poster
  • some paper for getting a watch
  • a letter from george lucas
  • action figure postcards
this item will take FOREVER to get to your house and will *not* be worth the wait......the fan club is pretty cool though

Reaction score
what kinda stuff does the fan club get to "do" is there like metings or anything cool like that or perks?

Reaction score
Saberking57 said:
what kinda stuff does the fan club get to "do" is there like metings or anything cool like that or perks?
no. the cool things are the blogs but you have to be a certain age for them.

Reaction score
I signed up again in June. I'm suppose to recieve a magazine some time around now, but I'm awaiting the membership kit. I know it wont be spectacular as it used to be -but I'm hoping for at least 1 cool thing.

When I worked for the Fan Club back in the day we offered a TON of cool stuff as mentioned above. The 8X10 photos were the best, the card and poster were always cool. What happened to all that?

Reaction score
Bear78...and best of all and exclusive Micro Machine Han and Falcon box set. I actually got 2 of these kits in the mail but the second time it came with a Micro Machine Vader and Star Destroyer box set! [IMG said:
http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/IMG]

So did I
Those were great days for the Fan Club. Before the dark times...before the empire

I still have all those great freebies. The MicroMachines, the 8x10's, posters, the stickers. Even the fan club store was better back then. You could still get vintage figures sealed in Kenner baggies! Those were the days!

Reaction score
I'm right there with you. They certainly have enough $$ to make the kit cool with some exclusive goodies...unless the fan club was part of the sale of the Insider to a UK firm, then maybe they dont.

Reaction score
I wish they would put something in cool and unique, like when they put the Ewoks animation cells in the kit.

kmm

Reaction score
Totally agree. A bunch of advertisements does not a membership kit make. I remember Bantha Tracks when I was a kid and you got all this cool stuff for being a member, lobby cards, a patch, etc.

Reaction score
The best thing I got in the membership was a pencil that had star wars printed on it

Reaction score
Does this kit come when you sign up for Hyperspace or when you sign up for the Insider? My hyperspace membership expired last week and I haven't re-signed up for it, and I'm probably not going to bother...

Reaction score
I decided not to renew my membership. After being a member since the bantha tracks days I never even received a renewal notice. Wish the old fan club was back.

Reaction score
DarthWormie said:
Bear78...and best of all and exclusive Micro Machine Han and Falcon box set. I actually got 2 of these kits in the mail but the second time it came with a Micro Machine Vader and Star Destroyer box set! [IMG said:
http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/IMG]

I remember being a member back then. I still have my Vader and Star Destroyer in the sealed box on my shelf. Still think its kind of cool. Probably doesn't really have any value to it but oh well.
So did I
Those were great days for the Fan Club. Before the dark times...before the empire

I still have all those great freebies. The MicroMachines, the 8x10's, posters, the stickers. Even the fan club store was better back then. You could still get vintage figures sealed in Kenner baggies! Those were the days!

Reaction score
Anyone actually have pictures of those items? I'm a Koto Fan... And well, thinking of joining... Just wanted to see the "visuals" first

Reaction score
IT JUST SHOWS WHERE THEY ARE SPENDING THE MONEY WE PAY FOR THE MEMBERSHIP "ON THEMSELVES" AND NOT ON THE FANS

Reaction score
Waitaminute, you guys got a Padme poster? I knew it sucked, but mine was extra sucky?

Reaction score
bah! Quit complaining people, I never got my kit despite waiting for over a year....... Sigh.

Well nothing is perfect, I guess I didn't miss out on that much. I might try and join up again if we can get some cool Celebration Japan swag like patches or stickers.

Reaction score
Got mine a couple weeks ago-- much better stuff this time -- (well for me anyway)- Minatures Posters, Patch, Comic Book, Trading Card, Boba fett stuff-- much better than years past.

Reaction score
stewbacca said:
Got mine a couple weeks ago-- much better stuff this time -- (well for me anyway)- Minatures Posters, Patch, Comic Book, Trading Card, Boba fett stuff-- much better than years past.
Ya, thats not bad at all! What comic book was it?

Reaction score
I have a question - my membership doesn't expire until October, but I don't want to wait that long to get the membership kit when I renew. Some of the items in the kit might be replaced or out of stock by then like the SW Galaxy promo card. If I renew now, will they send me the kit now? Does anyone have a phone number for Hyperspace?

Reaction score
CaptainYoda said:
I renewed like 2 months ago and still did not get the membership kit.
They ship these kits out 4 times a year. You just missed their last batch shipment, which was early April. You will probably get yours in the next batch mailing. I just renewed so hopefully I will get mine as well.

Reaction score
Why can't they send these out individually, not in batches? I used to be a member, but everytime I finally did get a membership everything offers-wise was expired. That's on the years that I actually got one, some years I didn't get a single one. I'd pay and extra 2 bucks if I actually got them in a timely manner.