The little things that made you happy today

Reaction score
I pulled up to a red light yesterday morning. It was toward the end of rush hour so there was still a lot of traffic but nothing crazy. This guy in a Jeep wanted to turn left but he got there too late to make it into the turn lane. He started yelling and slamming his steering wheel. He backed up, nearly hitting the cars behind him, honked until the cars in the two right lanes backed up, then crossed both those lanes, went through the right-turn lane, over the curb, and into the grass around the flower shop on the corner, tearing up a bunch of it in the process. He sped through the parking lot to the cross street, cut over three lanes of traffic to get to the lane headed in the direction he wanted to head which caused nearly half a dozen cars to slam on their brakes, with a few of them fishtailing and nearly running into one another. In the meantime, the light turned red. This didn't slow him down, as he flew through it, causing everyone in the opposing lanes to slam on their brakes. I'd normally post this in the "things that drive you nuts" thread, but there was a police officer sitting in the parking lot diagonal from the flower shop. He saw the whole thing, quickly turned on his lights and sirens and nabbed the guy. Every once in a while, there is a cop around when you need one.

Reaction score
My daughter went to her karate studio's "Ninja Night" event. They do all kinds of physical games, decorate boards which they break, watch a movie, have pizza and drinks, and just chill. This year, though, we invited a friend of hers she met at the park a few months ago. They quickly became friends and have similar backgrounds. Her mom is really cool as well and my wife and I get along well with her. My daughter was super excited that she was coming along. The cool part is that they are allowed to wear their Halloween costumes and her friend wore a Mandolorian one.

Reaction score
My youngest got straight A's on her report card and won a gift card for the report she wrote. We didn't find out until after the fact that she was supposed to have us help her with it, so she was the only kid in class who'd done the project on her own.

Reaction score
The gifts that I ordered online are arriving, but I hope I can get my friends box ready in time, it's going over to England, yes, there are sci-fi things in it too! the mail has been slow already. I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

Reaction score
It has started snowing today! I was wrong with the prediction of after the year snow, it's not always good to be right all the time! Also, my husband has been told to wear a "restraining bolt" (cardiac monitor) for 2 weeks! he does not like it but will have to "restrain himself" from ripping it off!
I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.

Reaction score
A while back I documented a co-worker's progress to and graduation from our firearms instructor school. After that we worked as partners for a few months until she got re-assigned to a team at our main office in San Diego. :cry: Miss her like crazy, but it's a good move for her career. Anyway:

After finding time to squeeze in her combat EMT certification back east, she set another goal of qualifying for the Boston Marathon. :) Needed 3:30 or better at one of the qualifying races.

Today she ran 3:26 in Sacramento. This lady is completely unstoppable.

Reaction score
finding clearance tvc and black series figures up to 70% retail. at least in the new year, my budget will be a lot bigger....

Reaction score
Spurred on by my former Padawan I decided to bump up my running a bit. Started Monday after not running since the time change. Did eight miles today, with one mile being uphill. Still feeling surprisingly okay. Planning to tack on another mile every other day until something pops or starts grinding. :)

Reaction score
Tomarrow we are going to see Avatar 2 about midnight! we will have our favorite seats, I think this as a part of our Anniv. We have been waiting for soooo long!

Reaction score
I have been-very careful as not to wreck it) reading about the new characters in the new Avatar movie, I remember the first one perfectly (as most people do) but at 3 hours, you want to be able to tell who is who. I'm very excited about tonight, hope the theater has a couple "goodies" to purchase, I would like to get some action figures too!

Reaction score
Did 12.2 miles this morning but it was ugly. First eight were good, slowed to a jog from eight to ten, then started running out of gas. Last mile was sad. Physically fine, no pain yet, but I had no energy left. Stomach was growling badly near the end, which never happens on shorter runs. Thinking I might need to use a gel for a boost at these distances.

Reaction score
We managed to do some more Christmas clearance shopping this afternoon without wanting to run down anyone with our shopping cart. The stores weren't anywhere near as nuts, and I managed to get the two things I wanted to get Monday but couldn't because of how picked-over the clearance section was.

Reaction score
In my second week of winter break from work. We took our daughter to the park and she ran into a little friend she met a while back. They gravitated toward each other to play even though the other girl didn't remember her that well. Her grandpa, which we had met last time as well, had a nice chat with us as the time before.

Reaction score
after looking over my projections regarding the cost of my black series and tvc series figures, it was going to be around 1,000.00 dollars total for the year. not counting any exclusives or deluxe figures as of this writing. a lot less then I was expecting....

Reaction score
after looking over my projections regarding the cost of my black series and tvc series figures, it was going to be around 1,000.00 dollars total for the year. not counting any exclusives or deluxe figures as of this writing. a lot less then I was expecting....

I'm glad it's a lot less than what you thought. Anytime you can save some $$$ is always a good thing!
For the most part, I'm out of the hobby for probably 99.9% of stuff for several reasons. The two biggest are lack of interest in most of what's come out for years now, and the ridiculous prices, especially when they vary from one figure to another within the same line.

While I'm glad that many collectors are still in it and are excited for what's coming out, I'm not going much further with it. While I will pick up the occasional Luke releases and maybe a stormtrooper here and there, I wish others luck and happiness.

Reaction score
My son got me a Hallmark Obi wan ornament for Christmas, that's all he got me, I did not have it and was glad! I haven't bought any Star Wars Hallmark ornaments for several years because they have brought back "repeat" figures that light up or "talk" I have the earlier ornaments, why buy a double and pay more? I like Star Trek ornaments too but all they offered for that was the alternate universe figures, I did not like that episode very much! as HappyNoodle says, what has come out lately i the last couple years isn't that interesting to buy. But... if you are going to next years Cele. in London, you gotta save that money! you gotta save more money for the year after! another Cele. coming our way then!

Reaction score
I was finally able to take down our Xmas lights from the front of the house, as well as the wreath on the door. The last several weekends (and some weekdays) it has been raining a lot and I wasn't able to at least get the lights down. But now the cold weather makes it difficult to get it all boxed up and put away in the garage. We have some shelves/panels at ceiling level where the Xmas stuff goes, but with a combination of having to clear out stuff on the floor to place the ladder to reach the upper levels, laziness, and the rain, it hasn't happened.

Well, at least the final decorations are down.

Reaction score
My generator. The power went out for several hours at a time over the last couple of days, but at least I got a little bit of light and a little TV.

Reaction score
Wow! I didn’t realize it already was time yet! I’m happy for the people who ordered it.

Reaction score
Recently got into the band Mastodon. The downside to getting into a band sometimes is if they have an extensive catalog. But thanks to my local library, I've been able to secure 6 of their albums and one of their EPs. I also have the option to stream them from the library app, but getting the cds in hand is my preference. Plus, they only allow streaming, not downloading to keep.

In the old days I'd gone to through the task of finding as many of the albums as I could at a decent price.

Reaction score
It stopped raining, the sun is bright and sky clear! but it's cold, it froze over last night but was clear out and I tried to find the Green Comet- couldn't see it, not even a smudge. Has anyone seen it?