The little things that made you happy today

Reaction score
I’m glad you were able to avoid it. I’ve never had it, as far as I know. My wife and daughter have, and luckily they didn’t get too sick. Everyone around me has. I figure my time eventually will come.

Reaction score
I'm 85-90% sure I haven't had it. There was a week a while back where my allergies were awful. That aligned with the pollen and mold reports, and what friends with bad allergies were experiencing so I didn't think anything of it. Then the whole house got sick. We had enough tests on hand for everyone except me. They all tested negative so I assumed we all had either allergies and/or a cold. We didn't go around anyone, just to be safe. I agree that it's likely inevitable at this point. More people I know have gotten it in the past month than in the two and a half years previous.

Reaction score
this will probably come out the wrong way, but that's not my intention. had a really bad, bad, bad, Friday morning. how bad, the worst you can imagine. death. I had a episode/moment were I knew what was coming. had a situation really similar before. so, obviously, I'm glad I can write this but I have some things medically I have to deal with and it it isn't all about going into the store and finding everything I want/need/like all moc waiting for me to buy....:):):):):) so each day is one at a time and everything else is the back burner. life is different when you have faced being dead and/or knowing you're about to face it again. no matter how healthy you are or seem to be, there is always a lurking thing just waiting to pounce. just needed to let out some words as it has been a rough day dealing with the fall out from Friday. if anyone shouts out to call 911, you better to it, because it will probably be the difference between life and death. in this case, it was about my life versus someone not calling 911...... there is always more important things in life then what we talk about in the threads. thanks for the read and another round of my 2 cents...

Reaction score
So, so true. We bluster around on the boards, but hopefully everyone knows what’s really important. I’m glad you’re okay enough to remind us.

Reaction score
thanks for the surport. I always wonder how many people actually look/read these kinds of posts that I write and does it help anyone..?? there should be a thread were we can actually vent, not in a bad way, but to release steam, so to speak. but if you look at a lot of posts, the threads are already there.....:). many of us, (I'm excluded in this), have families, work, activities they enjoy, have a whole different aspect of what collecting is based from the previous examples I mentioned. some it is an outlet, some enjoy with their family, or a way just to have some free time. as we age, some quicker then others, some of us will look back or even today, will take a good logical look at where they are and what they are doing. sometimes we just want more from something that can't give us more. like taking a $100 bill and trying to make two out of it.... for all the negative/downside I post, I always have that positive side where I look at the bottom and anything above that is a good/positive thing..... weird analogy, but it works for me..going to or working at a celebration or comic con, for me, makes the positive/good side come out. maybe it's due to being around a lot of similiar people enjoying star wars or some form of animation/comics experience. I always look forward to these, when they are local. travel is kind of out of the question for health reasons. quoting here from another sci-fi fantasy " I don't won't to die alone......" I know wrong subject, but that resonates wtih a lot of people... hope my spelling is ok and as well as grammar, for the most part.... I'm an educated person......

Last edited:
Reaction score
The phone rang earlier. Caller ID said it was one of my estranged aunts. I ignored it. Later, out of curiosity, I checked my voicemail. She called to demand I stop going to several local parks. Her daughter is one of the worst of my estranged family members. After buying a membership to the local nature preserve a few years ago, she saw us there and never went back. After getting a membership at a local gym, her husband saw me there. They never went back. This summer, they've seen me at a few local parks for my daughters' sports practices. They're the same parks where her oldest son's select team practices. It costs something like $1500 per season and she doesn't want to lose out on that, too. I chuckled more than a bit, then sent my reply via another family member, although I'm sure they'll clean it up a bit.

Reaction score
if it was me, I would just say I enjoy the outdoors like everyone. there is no payment for recreation, except in this case. too many entitled people out there. I would also make it a point to go there as much a possible. explore more of the parks and take in the beauty of nature. but that's me.

Reaction score
My husband is much better today! he had to go to the emergency room 2 days ago due to non stop vomiting, dehydration and heart trouble we didn't even suspect he had! he was hooked up(without a Bacta tank!) like a voodoo doll or maybe a person undergoing Borg assimilation! He did not have any virus infections at all. he had not eaten for 3 days and he's diabetic! BUT... with prayers, medication and good nurses, he is making a recovery that may bring him home tomarrow. What caused the heart arythmia? the Dr. said he was one of a few percent of the population who had an extra circuit in their heart that interfered with the regular heart beat. it is a left over from the far past! really far. I'm so glad he will be ok soon(after some more tests and options for treatment!)

Reaction score
I’m glad he’ll soon be okay. I fear that kind of stuff, but it sounds like the doctors have it under control.

Reaction score
a key ingredient that leads to other breakdowns in the body is dehydration. a lot of people don't know they are dehydrated. this was a big part of how my heart problems happen. the best place obviously is the hospital for him. he'll be fully hydrated with the IV'S and liquids throughout his stay. how was his blood pressure..??? the incident I had caused me to flatline just as the nurse was going to take blood and before I got to the hospital, my bp was something like 200 plus over 150 plus. dehydration is one vicious symptom that we all don't really think about. and a side note, if you ever have a family member in the hospital and they happen to flatline, you will never see a room get cleared so fast in your life. it becomes very, very quiet and it would be awhile before family members can go back in. I have way too much experience when it comes to drs and hospitals.

Reaction score
I’m just so glad that you’re okay. It seems like a lot of guys our age are at risk for things like this more than ever. It’s true we must take every precaution!

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the support! yes, he was also dehydrated! I try to emphasize to him the importance of water. just plain old water. He is home now and was given the week off from work to revitalize himself. we must take it easy because he was not able to eat-barely anything for 5 days! he has lost lots of weight. he will be going in soon for a cardiac panel to find the "biological artifact" causing the tachycardia. I guess the "thing" is equal to an appendix, no use anymore. it can be removed-carefully- very carefully.

Reaction score
so, are they going to crack him like in the alien movie.??? or go thru the femoral artery.? I know a lot about cardiac issues. dad had too many to count heart attacks, artery transplants, 2 open hearts, stroke, stents, you name it. been in and out of hospitals since diapers with my dad. so I have seen the effects of what my dad went thru. the worst part is when they crack you open like in the movie. you hurt, you get depressed, you want to yell out, etc. my dad went thru a lot and at the time, there was no data or background info to see what he will experience or what to look forward to. today's operations are a lot more streamlined and you go home quicker and have the manual or pamphlet that you could use as a guide. and on a more serious note, when I had the big moment, it was a friday, stayed over to saturday. went home. took a shower, then had someone drive me to tru to get stuff, :) and then go bsck home. the next day, sunday, I went to help out a friend at a comic show, looking back, I shouldn't have left the house. it was very hard to even walk. I had to lie/lay down for a long while before I felt I could get back up. anyway, I was there for a total of maybe a half hour. I drove right back home. anytime you get dehyrdrated, you can't go right back to your normal routine for a least a few days, couple with my heart stoppage, I would should have stayed home for at least a week. I continue to push myself when things aren't going well, it's just in breded in me. I rely on myselff, so if I don't get up and do things, they won't get done.... another of my 2 cents. this is just based on my dealings and observations. there is no disrepct intended or implied. we live in a society where people can twist words to fit their opinoins.I rather be safe then sorry. thanks for the time and the very long read.

Reaction score
Phil-Pratt-Star-Wars-Dub.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Despite a long list of preorders that already arrived for everyone else. I actually got my Disney droids first. (They previously lost my last Christmas droid set, so I was a little iffy if these would show up)

Reaction score
Entertainment Earth sent my shipping notice for TVC Wave 11 (Jesse, Figrin, Din in Driver Disguise, etc.). Finally!

Reaction score
Late last year we had a billing dispute with a doctor our daughter had seen. It wasn't a huge amount ($13), but I finally paid to get rid of the frustration and to avoid it going to collections. We got a refund in the mail this afternoon.

Reaction score
Did any of you (or your friends) go through a business card craze back in the early to mid-90s? Before I got married, I boxed up a ton of my stuff and those boxes have spent most of the last few decades in my basement or attic. While cleaning, I sometimes stumble across old treasures. Last night, I found my old business card box. I wasn't into them, but a lot of my friends were. This was back in the pre-cell phone pager days, when everyone and their brother had a pager. Around here, at least, handing out business cards with your pager number was a big thing. I didn't have a pager until I joined the corporate world, so I wasn't a business card guy, although I got some on a couple occasions when my friends who bought them all the time got promos for free cards. Mine were all goofy and generally vulgar. Unfortunately, I didn't save any of mine.

I had about 50 in my box. Flipping through them was amusing, especially because nearly all of them were from people I haven't talked to or thought of in over a quarter of a century. Sadly, I'm no longer friends with any of the people whose cards I kept. I did call about half a dozen numbers of the ones I was actually friends with at one point. Only one was in service, and it was some lady unrelated to the guy who had the number back then.

Reaction score
that sounds like an episode of american pickers. where some of the most mundane daily items become "historical artifacts" over time. :cool:

Reaction score
Something that makes me happy, today I organized all my costom figures together and put them in the cabinet. I didn't know I had collected so many figures, which makes me feel accomplished and I feel happy☺️mythic legions_collection_costom figures 拷贝.jpg

Reaction score
One thing
that sounds like an episode of american pickers. where some of the most mundane daily items become "historical artifacts" over time. :cool:
On thing I keep hoping I'll find is my copy of the album my friends and I made back in '94. We spent nearly a year on it. Dave was the real musician in our group. He wrote the music and played most of the instruments. I wrote most of the lyrics and did most of the singing. The other guys did the heavy lifting -- playing tambourine, a couple basic bass lines, singing harmony, adding some ideas to some of the lyrics. Dave's uncle was in a few bands and had a bunch of recording equipment in his basement. We came up with a dozen actual songs and a bunch of short things -- some short instrumental things, some unfinished or really short "songs," and some poetry and crap like that.

The other guys lost interest once we were about 75% done. Dave and I finished the recordings then did all the mixing and editing together. Once we were done, he kept the master tapes, made one copy for himself and one for me. It took him a few months to give me mine, and he refused to make copies for the other guys since they backed out before we were done. It wasn't fantastic and highly derivative of the bands we listened to at the time, but our circle of friends enjoyed it. A couple months after Dave gave me my copy, we had a huge falling out. He had a separate falling out with one of the other guys, and in a grandiose moment of catharsis at a party that winter, he burned the master tapes and his copy, plus a bunch of other stuff from the girls who had dumped him recently.

I never listened to it after that. I thought I put it in with my other cassettes, but it might have ended up in a box. If it was with my cassettes, it was probably lost when I sold them off. If it's in a box, it still might be lost because it could be in the attic, which means it's been there for well over twenty years. It would be fun to hear again.

Reaction score
Did any of you (or your friends) go through a business card craze back in the early to mid-90s? Before I got married, I boxed up a ton of my stuff and those boxes have spent most of the last few decades in my basement or attic. While cleaning, I sometimes stumble across old treasures. Last night, I found my old business card box. I wasn't into them, but a lot of my friends were. This was back in the pre-cell phone pager days, when everyone and their brother had a pager. Around here, at least, handing out business cards with your pager number was a big thing. I didn't have a pager until I joined the corporate world, so I wasn't a business card guy, although I got some on a couple occasions when my friends who bought them all the time got promos for free cards. Mine were all goofy and generally vulgar. Unfortunately, I didn't save any of mine.

I had about 50 in my box. Flipping through them was amusing, especially because nearly all of them were from people I haven't talked to or thought of in over a quarter of a century. Sadly, I'm no longer friends with any of the people whose cards I kept. I did call about half a dozen numbers of the ones I was actually friends with at one point. Only one was in service, and it was some lady unrelated to the guy who had the number back then.

Reaction score
My nephew is feeling better today now that he doused his food with hot sauce! he has the virus and hasn't been able to small or taste, but the hot sauce let him "feel" the food and he wants to eat again! if this makes sense.

Reaction score
Star Wars at the Queens funeral! I'm not writing this in jest, May The Queen rest peacefully, but turning on the TV this morning, I was watching the funeral, and what did I see, a man standing in line t going by The Queens coffin in a black Star Wars shirt! amazing! don't know of course whether he planned it or it was just the first thing he grabbed! That man, if he is a fan, makes us ,who complain so much about lines at cons, a shame! that includes me. I hope no one takes offense at this, I had no idea it would happen!

Reaction score
Moving stuff from my childhood home. Made me sad. Then The Jets made me angry. Then after waiving the $15 insurance i put a dent in the Uhaul. That made me furious.
Then the Jets pulled off three statistically impossible feats to win the game.
redeemed everything

Reaction score
Moving stuff from my childhood home. Made me sad. Then The Jets made me angry. Then after waiving the $15 insurance i put a dent in the Uhaul. That made me furious.
Then the Jets pulled off three statistically impossible feats to win the game.
redeemed everything
A lot of times your car insurance may cover that, but it also depends on what insurance you have and what exclusions they may have in your policy.