The little things that made you happy today

Reaction score
The former pupil is now a peer - She graduated FI school today and made a name for herself doing it. She was the only one of 18 students who could pass the bullseye one-handed, and several instructors thought she was a competitive shooter. (She will be soon.) :) Pretty amazing trajectory she's on, not only passing the school in her first year as an agent but doing it without any prior firearms experience. Next on her to-do list, shotguns and revolvers. They're no longer authorized for duty use, but there are some things any good FI should know. It'll be a fun summer.

Reaction score
I am finally removing the hideous Scotch Brooms from the driveway and property! they are on their way to pod forming because the weather is warming up, the seeds, however, have a 65 year lifespan in the ground. you must be vigilant every year for offspring! the place is looking less scruffy! I sure could use a lightsaber on them!

Reaction score
That’s great! Reward her by buying up some Star Wars figures for her! It’s just a coincidence that you also would have access to them.

Reaction score
Having weekends (especially Sunday) off from work. After having worked in retail for 14 years (what are weekends?), there's nothing better than getting some chores done early on a Sunday then relaxing and watching a ball game in the afternoon.

Reaction score
Took Friday off from work.
After dropping off our daughter at school, my wife and I went to Norm's Restaurant for breakfast. A student last year gave me a gift card for the restaurant, so we ended up only paying $5.27 for our meal.

Later for lunch went to Starbucks. Used some other gift cards I'd been given over the years and paid nothing for our drinks and some yummy butter croissants.

Very nice day.

Reaction score
It has continuity problems. Luke does in Scene 2 but is alive in Scene 6. I still laughed, though.

😜

Reaction score
I am weary but glad that I was able to remove nasty Scotch Brooms from our property line! The wretched things are in full bloom, exuding gases and volatile oils that can make you sick! they are covered right now in bright yellow flowers, don't be deceived! they have a 65 year lifespan on the tiny black seeds that are projected with great force on the hottest days! you hear snapping sounds as the pods release them! Brooms are an invasive species that must be eliminated quickly! (equate them to Tribbles!) they will even attack you if your pulling them up! ( rashes, zits and nausea! BUT.... I am happy that I ridded the landscape of wretched Brooms! ugh.

Reaction score
I got pulled into a meeting on my day off to address an accusation that I'd screwed something up at work. What it boiled down to was that I made someone do their job, and they screwed it up. It's not a situation where I was involved in the project in any way, other than telling the guy who was refusing to do his job that he needed to quit watching YouTube and actually work. I was finally exonerated, and even managed to get my manager and boss to point the finger at the other guy's manager, who still kept insisting it was my fault.

Reaction score
Just found out that people pay big money for old , um "vintage " shirts. Gonna unload my drawers full of them and see if can make some money for them. Goal is between shirts and extra ball cards to get enough to buy my one card in need for a basketball set. Need 3 in total, but one is kinda of pricey.

Reaction score
Three is a doable number. It’s always great to scale something back to pay for something you want (which also takes up less space).

Reaction score
Almost done with clearing the Scotch Brooms from the fence line! I did wake up feeling sick(despite precautions) but the place looks a little better, now comes some mowing before it rains-again!

Reaction score
Day 8 of vacation. Still got 2 projects left to go before fun one of straighten my room and sorting ball cards. Hope I get to them before going back on Tuesday night.

Reaction score
Three is a doable number. It’s always great to scale something back to pay for something you want (which also takes up less space).
But my problem is trying to find 2 of them. And not just buying them on Amazon or EBay. I prefer the hunt. Last one I've seen twice now locally. But by pricey ..... It's 600 bucks.

Reaction score
Changed the water filter from the fridge (after being lazy about it for a few months).
Fixed a kitchen drawer. Had to replace the main knob and its screw (also a couple of weeks of laziness).

Going to Knott's later this evening. No laziness here; just been busy with work, but now that I'm on summer vacation, it's on!

Reaction score
yep hope everyone else is having a good 4th of july today.

I just got back from watching the parade downtown. Now im having lunch with family and then everyone heading back to their homes later

Reaction score
Hope your weather was good, here, it's nicely cool and overcast, good weather to do broom removal- still not ever done with it! ugh!!!
I'm glad you had a parade, they are always good!

Reaction score
super excited... hit my 1st stretch goal this morning: down 100lbs since January 31st. I'm looking to hopefully lose another 15-20 lbs. by the end of the year which will be huge as I haven't been this weight since High School. I've gone from wearing 5XLT shirts to size L and waist size of 50 down to a 38/40.

Reaction score
I saw an episode of Deep Space Nine last night that I haven't seen before, after all these years, it was about Jake Cisco and Dr. Bashir on a Klingon infested planet and that they were assisting with medical evacuation of a post. it was very touching and revealing, Jake really grows up on that one!

Reaction score
Just got back from my last therapy session for my ankle. Everything looks great and I have been cleared to get back to playing softball. I can't go right out and play like nothing happened, I have to ease into it, but I'll just be happy getting back out there.

Reaction score
It's been a rough week and I've been trying to stay positive so I decided to post this here instead of the things that drive you nuts thread. I was exposed to COVID twice over the past week but somehow avoided it. One was a friend who thought it was allergies. The other was a coworker who knew she'd tested positive but didn't stay home, wear a mask, or tell anyone until the next day. I've taken three tests over the course of five days, all negative.