The little things that made you happy today

Reaction score
Comcast (yes a word you never thought you would see in this thread) is streaming online access including hbo for free with out a tv service subscription so I get to watch the new season of West World for free.

I had been debating to add either HBO or Disney + haven’t seen the mandorians yet but really didn’t want to add another subscription that would not get used. So this is a nice win.

Reaction score
Just saw the season finale of 'Outlander", sad episode, but excellently made and am watching the newer version of Battlestar Galactica and the whole Star Trek series of shows every night! they give one some hope.

Reaction score
Sadly, locally nothing. Not being political per forum rules. So nothing else needs to be said, just hope tomorrow is better.

Reaction score
The company that I rent a house from installed a new water softener for the place we are renting! We haven't had a working water softener for 2 year!

Reaction score
Had my weekly Google Meet with my students today. Even though there were only 7 students on today (we average 14 out of 25 each week) we had a good conversation and played a few online games.

Reaction score
I got a phone call today from a representative at NESN (New England Sports Network, home of the Boston Red Sox). I was chosen as one of the winners for the NESN Fans Choice Contest! My favorite game, which was the Mother's Day Miracle where the Sox were down 6-0 going into their final inning and scored 7 runs to win it, will be aired next Saturday the 20th. I also had to send in some photos, and in the near future someone from NESN will be interviewing me over skype which will be aired on NESN.

Reaction score
That Reed finally sent word out that Cele. is cancelled until 2022(seems far away) a burden has been lifted for now! new plans can be made.

Reaction score
Today was our last day of the school year.
We had a farewell drive-though parade on our campus for our students.
While I'm saddened that the year was cut down with the whole Covid pandemic, I'm relieved that we can move on and hopefully fair better next year.

Reaction score
Today is a beautiful day! we got rid of yard debris yesterday, Cele. cancelled so now everyone can rest for a bit, save up money again and look forward to 2 years down the road to Cele. 2022.

Reaction score
My daylilies are blooming and are beautiful and smell good! I've seen some Star Wars named plants as well as Star Trek, I'd like to get them. examples, Millenium Falcon, Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader iris, then, Captain Kirk, Mr. Spock , Vulcan hostas, a sci-fi garden!

Reaction score
wait, what..? outdoor theaters are a thing..? (now I suddenly want one).
Yeah bought a 9 foot by 16 foot screen kit from an online site called Carl's Place. Is cost a bit but since the local drive ins are charging 40 bucks a carload to watch Raiders of the Lost Ark, It was easier to swallow the price. Plus since it's outside, it's easier to get people together and still maintain social distancing.

Reaction score
I built something similar in my basement that I also use for Cub Scout movie night. (Breaks down for easy moves or outdoor events) Lots of fun
Enjoy