The little things that made you happy today

Reaction score
What made me happy and doing something today was that i was doing some late "spring" early winter cleaning. rearranging books and movies thatve been crammed into my 2 shelf bookcase and its a small sort of medium sized bookcase.

I got too much crap. good books, good movies, and waste of space junk that take up space. What I did was put the DVD seasons of Seinfeld and Smallville and the Special extended DVDs of The Hobbit movies along with 1980s movies in a plastic tub box. stacked them in neatly. Then I put away some large Stephen King hardcover books mostly the Dark Tower stuff in a 3 shelf plastic thing on wheels.

My bookcase does look a little bit better but still needs to be cleaned up and rearrange some books to make my bookcase be more neat and tidy

Reaction score
What made me happy and doing something today was that i was doing some late "spring" early winter cleaning. rearranging books and movies thatve been crammed into my 2 shelf bookcase and its a small sort of medium sized bookcase.

I got too much crap. good books, good movies, and waste of space junk that take up space. What I did was put the DVD seasons of Seinfeld and Smallville and the Special extended DVDs of The Hobbit movies along with 1980s movies in a plastic tub box. stacked them in neatly. Then I put away some large Stephen King hardcover books mostly the Dark Tower stuff in a 3 shelf plastic thing on wheels.

My bookcase does look a little bit better but still needs to be cleaned up and rearrange some books to make my bookcase be more neat and tidy
What 80's movies do you have? I actually just threw out like half of my VHS tapes. I still have a functioning VCR but I'm really just going to keep family tapes eventually.

Reaction score
I got my first tattoo. I'll admit, I was scared. I was concerned about the pain, and I was concerned I would not like it. Honestly I nearly turned around walking in. But I sucked it up and glad I did.

Reaction score
Went to Galaxy's Edge in Florida and built a Lightsaber, tried blue milk, flew the Millennium Falcon and had an all around AWESOME experience. To those boycotting the park because of the Disney films, you need to just forget the hatred of Disney and seriously experience Galaxy's Edge... its the ultimate Star Wars experience for fans young and old. You are instantly transported to a galaxy far far away and every turn is pure magic.

I can't wait to go back!

Reaction score
Went to Galaxy's Edge in Florida and built a Lightsaber, tried blue milk, flew the Millennium Falcon and had an all around AWESOME experience. To those boycotting the park because of the Disney films, you need to just forget the hatred of Disney and seriously experience Galaxy's Edge... its the ultimate Star Wars experience for fans young and old. You are instantly transported to a galaxy far far away and every turn is pure magic.

I can't wait to go back!
Whoa lucky! A coworker and his wife are there right now. He sent me a text and told me I need to see it ASAP. I asked him if it was immersive to which he sent me a message on Facebook with a video a cast member had filmed personally for me. He told me he was explaining to the cast member that he had a friend back home that was wondering how immersive Galaxy's Edge is. He said she asked what my name was and then asked for his phone and started filming. Very cool of him to think of me on his vacation, and cool of the cast member to film the short video. (y)

Reaction score
After seven or so years of complaining, the city finally repaved this one side street near my house. I actually gave up on complaining a couple years ago, so it was only 5-6 years of complaining. There are two many ways to get to our house. The way where this street is, we don't use as often as the other way, but it's still at least 10-12 times per week. This side street got so bad that you couldn't drive down it without hitting at least one of the 5-6 massive pot holes. We stopped taking that street, instead driving a block up and adding at least 30 seconds to our drive home. That may not sound like a lot, but over a year it really adds up. Sometime in the last two weeks, they repaved it. I just noticed it today but my wife noticed a week or so ago. It's now not only quicker but much smoother than the way we'd been taking.

Reaction score
t-minus 6 hours till my Christmas vacation. off till January 2nd. and t-minus 27 hours till I get to see The Rise of Skywalker
I can't wait. I got tickets for Saturday with the family. However, there's really no one at work the past few days. Tomorrow will be a ghost town. I may duck out and catch the first Friday morning screening. 😁

Reaction score
I can't wait. I got tickets for Saturday with the family. However, there's really no one at work the past few days. Tomorrow will be a ghost town. I may duck out and catch the first Friday morning screening. 😁
I'm coming down with Forceitis and the only known cure is a Star Wars film in IMAX lol.

Reaction score
I saw the SpaceX 'satellite constellation' last night. it was the strangest thing Ive ever seen in the night sky -- a perfectly aligned "row" of satellites forming a straight line, from horizon-to-horizon. there must have been about 50-60 of them.

occasionally, when looking up at the stars, you might chance to see a satellite, moving slowly across the sky (we've all seen this)... but THIS was a freaking FLEET of them... all traveling in a perfectly straight line, moving slowly from east-to-west. at first glance, it looked like an alien invasion.LOL :p

it felt a little bit surreal. to think, this is where we're at as a species now... to see an actual "lane" of traffic, moving through space, like the lanes of traffic on Corruscant in the PT... it felt like a first glimpse of a (not-so-)distant-future. like something from a sci-fi novel. my inner child was geeking out. LOL

it looked a little something like this:

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's not space x ... it's really tie fighters scouting ahead of the incoming death star. Quick go find some ewoks to throw at them.

Reaction score
I saw the SpaceX 'satellite constellation' last night. it was the strangest thing Ive ever seen in the night sky -- a perfectly aligned "row" of satellites forming a straight line, from horizon-to-horizon. there must have been about 50-60 of them.

occasionally, when looking up at the stars, you might chance to see a satellite, moving slowly across the sky (we've all seen this)... but THIS was a freaking FLEET of them... all traveling in a perfectly straight line, moving slowly from east-to-west. at first glance, it looked like an alien invasion.LOL :p

it felt a little bit surreal. to think, this is where we're at as a species now... to see an actual "lane" of traffic, moving through space, like the lanes of traffic on Corruscant in the PT... it felt like a first glimpse of a (not-so-)distant-future. like something from a sci-fi novel. my inner child was geeking out. LOL

it looked a little something like this:
Okay now that's pretty cool. Why do they all travel in a straight line?

Reaction score
I don't know why they need to travel in a straight line like that. apparently they only have 60 of these things in orbit right now, but their plan for 'phase one' is to launch 1200 of them ASAP, with more to follow in the future. they will 'lease' them out to whoever wants to use them. (internet providers, the military, etc). astronomers are complaining that these 1200 satellites will interfere with observations of the night sky, and make it more difficult to spot approaching asteroids... by this time next year, the 'night sky' will look a LOT like coruscant LOL. we're going to see multiple "lanes" of traffic like this, moving overhead at all times. it's gonna be weird.

Reaction score
I work for AAA and by just doing random name searches during some downtime, I found a member with the name Luke Skywalker. I started laughing to myself, i thought that was awesome.

Reaction score
Had a super fun trip to Disney World with my nearly 3 year old daughter (and wife) last week. Great memories.

Reaction score
Over the weekend I got to cross a big thing off my bucket list and had lunch at Club 33 at Disneyland. Still pinching myself about it today, just surreal!

Reaction score
Over the weekend I got to cross a big thing off my bucket list and had lunch at Club 33 at Disneyland. Still pinching myself about it today, just surreal!
OK..... you need to spill more than just that. The exclusivity is something that none of the rest of us will experience.

Reaction score
A couple weeks back I found out my best friend of 20+ years was able to get a reservation for two at Club 33, through work, a friend of a friend. Of course when he told me and invited me I was thrilled but have been going through some other more important life issues that may have prevented me from going and as stated, those were more pressing issues and I would have been ok if I would have had to miss out. But things worked out in the end and the morning began with getting Boarding Group 46 for RotR, and we were on that by 11a so no stress on potentially interfering with our 130p lunch reservation.
The whole experience was so surreal. I am still pinching myself today. Had a Club 33 exclusive cocktail - Throws and Maskers.
Appetizer was the ahi carpaccio, Yukon potato and leek soup, entree was zinfandel braised pork pot roast and dessert was capped off with valrhona chocolate cake.
In between courses we spent some time wandering around and looking at everything, taking pics on the balcony. In the end I spent way too much on merchandise but it was a once in a lifetime opportunity and couldn't pass it up.
If anyone is interested, I posted a few pics on my Instagram - @elreyhubbard
It's a day I will never forget!

Reaction score
A couple weeks back I found out my best friend of 20+ years was able to get a reservation for two at Club 33, through work, a friend of a friend. Of course when he told me and invited me I was thrilled but have been going through some other more important life issues that may have prevented me from going and as stated, those were more pressing issues and I would have been ok if I would have had to miss out. But things worked out in the end and the morning began with getting Boarding Group 46 for RotR, and we were on that by 11a so no stress on potentially interfering with our 130p lunch reservation.
The whole experience was so surreal. I am still pinching myself today. Had a Club 33 exclusive cocktail - Throws and Maskers.
Appetizer was the ahi carpaccio, Yukon potato and leek soup, entree was zinfandel braised pork pot roast and dessert was capped off with valrhona chocolate cake.
In between courses we spent some time wandering around and looking at everything, taking pics on the balcony. In the end I spent way too much on merchandise but it was a once in a lifetime opportunity and couldn't pass it up.
If anyone is interested, I posted a few pics on my Instagram - @elreyhubbard
It's a day I will never forget!
That's awesome man congrats. I took a look at your pics, looks amazing there!

Reaction score
I won an auction for a book I've wanted for a long time. The people selling it kept relisting it at a price that was way too high. This last time they relisted it, I think someone messed up and relisted it for $1.00 instead of the regular price. Despite a couple last-second bids, I got it for about $60 less than I ever thought I'd pay for it. :D

Reaction score
I bought some concert tickets today. Roger Waters (floor seats row#1); and Rage Against the Machine (center-ice row#6).

Reaction score
these things.

(yes, yes. I know. they are not "Real" -- but either way, the force of nostalgia is strong with them. I bought 2 cases).

Reaction score
Preordered the BS Bespin Luke, Hoth Snowspeeder Luke, and the awesome Hoth Rebel Soldier which I just found out has an extra face with it.

Reaction score
So not really a "happy" moment, more of a funny moment.

I called my eye doctor last Friday to place a new set of contacts. I get a voicemail Monday saying the brand I use has been discontinued, so they will be ordering me child contacts. Ok so that's what I thought I heard. I know I'm short but damn, don't rub salt in the wound haha. So I called my Dad and told him what was going on. He ends up calling yesterday because he had a question about his appointment, then decided to ask about the child contacts. The lady had no idea what the hell he was talking about. Apparently I misheard the voicemail. It wasn't child contacts (no such thing anyway), it was "trial contacts" for a new brand. If these new ones fit, then they will make the switch for me.

The things I put my Father through haha :ROFLMAO: