The little things that made you happy today

Reaction score
My wife and I signed the paperwork to put our house up for sale. Should be officially listed by week's end.
We've been at this house for 10 years and, along with our daughter, have outgrown it.
Now...the search for our next home. :grin: o-o

Last edited:
Reaction score
I went to get an oil change today and it took all of 20 minutes. The last time I got an oil change, I was waiting around for an hour and a half before they even rolled my car into the garage.

Reaction score
I was out running last night when a massive cold front swept through. There was a little rain and some lightning but the main attraction was the wind. The news said gusts of 30-40 mph but where I was running I'm sure it was much stronger. I came out of the woods into an open field and the wind was so strong it knocked me down twice! I wasn't hurt (at least, I didn't think I was at the time) and it was a blast. I probably should have taken shelter but it was a lot of fun. I haven't been in winds that strong in years. At one point I turned into it and came almost to a complete stop and had to lean into it so much I was nearly parallel to the ground. A lot of branches were blown out of the trees while I was running but no trees came down. When I woke up this morning my knee was really sore, so the falls did a bit more damage than I thought, but it was still a lot of fun.

Reaction score
I was out running last night when a massive cold front swept through. There was a little rain and some lightning but the main attraction was the wind. The news said gusts of 30-40 mph but where I was running I'm sure it was much stronger. I came out of the woods into an open field and the wind was so strong it knocked me down twice! I wasn't hurt (at least, I didn't think I was at the time) and it was a blast. I probably should have taken shelter but it was a lot of fun. I haven't been in winds that strong in years. At one point I turned into it and came almost to a complete stop and had to lean into it so much I was nearly parallel to the ground. A lot of branches were blown out of the trees while I was running but no trees came down. When I woke up this morning my knee was really sore, so the falls did a bit more damage than I thought, but it was still a lot of fun.
I think that was our human primal urges to experience nature. Too often nowadays we're stuck inside somewhere (i.e. work, home, restaurants, movie theaters, etc.) and we don't experience the power of nature. Glad you're alive!

My thing for today:

We had been house searching for several months and finally found a new house.
We offered about 17 grand less than asking price and they accepted it! We entered escrow today for the new house AND for the sale of our current house.
When we put our house up for sale we got a buyer right away, but the sale was contingent on us finding a new place ourselves.
But the idea of moving almost a whole house into another is...frustrating to say the least. o-o

Reaction score
we spent 15 years in our first house before we decided to move.
--> moving was DEAD EASY.

we rented a dumpster and threw out most of our furniture.
then just bought everything new and had it delivered. LOL

(after 15 years, practically everything we owned was 'busted stuff')

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think that was our human primal urges to experience nature. Too often nowadays we're stuck inside somewhere (i.e. work, home, restaurants, movie theaters, etc.) and we don't experience the power of nature. Glad you're alive!

My thing for today:

We had been house searching for several months and finally found a new house.
We offered about 17 grand less than asking price and they accepted it! We entered escrow today for the new house AND for the sale of our current house.
When we put our house up for sale we got a buyer right away, but the sale was contingent on us finding a new place ourselves.
But the idea of moving almost a whole house into another is...frustrating to say the least. o-o
Congratulations, that's great!

As for nature, it's been so busy just about the only running I was able to do all summer was at a couple local parks, so mostly on pavement with tons of people around. I've been getting back on the trails and the more wooded parks the last few weeks and it's been wonderful. Another similarly irresponsible day a few weeks ago was during a really bad thunderstorm. It had rained a ton the two days previous so the bulk of the trails were 2-12" of mud, some with standing or running water. The rain slowed to a torrential pace a few times and the lightning was nearly nonstop (only a slight exaggeration) but I loved it! The storm caused the temperature to drop almost 20 degrees and there wasn't a single other person around. My wife was furious, especially when she saw my shoes, but it was great.

Reaction score
Oh you should have done the Michael Jackson thing. Then yelled, like in the video. Just shows I'm from the MTV generation. And least when they played real videos.

Reaction score
Finally got the nerve to go for a new position at a new job. Only been with new company for about a month and have been asked twice about 2 new roles,both in power. It's seems odd that after 15 years with a different company. One that beat me down and then discarded me while not even looking up from morning reports when doing it. Now suddenly I'm a becoming a valuable piece that new place wants to have and use. Guess old saying applies. One person trash is another's treasure. In this case it's an employee.

Reaction score
Just heard they are filming new episodes of jeopardy . And Alex is back for his 36th season. Good to hear he's battling his cancer well.

Reaction score
What made me happy earlier tonight

hooking my old VCR correctly with the cords and the dish network box thingy. im planning on recording stuff off certainchannels like FXX, AXSHD etc to record some of the newer shows and movies that come on such as Avengers and whatever new for horror movies.

Took me about an hour to figure out where to put the cords in the right places when hooking them up to the VCR

Reaction score
Last night I discovered that someone had uploaded the old Disney TV movie, Earth Star Voyager, onto Youtube. For those who haven't heard of it, it premiered on television in early 1988 and told the story a group of teenagers and young adults piloting a ship to discover a new planet for humans to colonize, since the Earth is on the brink of destruction from overpopulation and pollution (I assume). I hadn't seen this movie since it first came out, but I was surprised by how much of the story I remembered. It's very much a 1980s made-for-TV movie, though, where they only shot two or three special effects shots of the main starship and just kept replaying those throughout the film. However, it was a real treat to be able to watch it again.

Reaction score
Yesterday: Went to one of my favorite record stores. Hadn't had a chance to go there in along while, but since they had several copies of the new TOOL album, I drove down to pick up a copy. Was nice to browse a bit without my 4 year old being bored and wanting to leave. Besides the Tool, I found a Steven Stills/Neil Young cd for $4 used as well as another. I would have liked to have spent more time there, but I was kinda in a rush.

Today:
Felt like a kid today. Was flipping through the cable channels and on different channels came across A New Hope, Ghostbusters II, Back to the Future, Phantom Menace, and The Sandlot. Reminded me of when I was a kid. We didn't have cable but on the weekends the major networks would occasionally have a bunch a great movies on. They'd start around noon and between several channels ther would be movies on from then all the way until about 10 pm. Anyway, having all these movies on earlier brought back those memories.

Reaction score
Two sick kids today so it was an impromptu day of spring cleaning for me. Instead of my regular routine I decided to do stuff I either never do (which wasn't much since I do the bulk of the cleaning) or stuff that was long overdue (a literal ton). My most noticeable endeavors, at least to the rest of the family, were the big things I did. There were several large items and stacks of old boxes that needed to be pitched. Most of this was stuff my wife set aside "just in case." For example, loads of boxes from various things we've bought over the past year or two that she insisted we keep in case we had to return them. At this point, I don't think any of it's going back so it's safe to throw the packaging away.

I also did a lot of cleaning that I always mean to do but never get to. Stuff like under appliances, behind and under furniture, above door frames, etc. For the most part, it was really disgusting. I won't say how long it's been since some of this was done, but the crud that had built up was terrifying.

There was one mess I was really proud of cleaning, though. We had an incident years and years ago that was...really awful. I won't go into details, but it was bad. The resulting mess was horrible. Due to circumstances beyond my control, my wife was the one who had to clean it up. She did a pretty awful job of it. When I saw what was left, I was a bit angry and said I'd clean the rest. She insisted that I not bother and that she'd take care of it. That started years of martyrdom on her part. It's in a low-traffic area of the house so it wasn't something I'd see every day, but whenever I or anyone else would see it and comment on it, we'd get The Story. She'd go into ever-growing detail about the incident and how I forced her to clean it on her own. It became something of a family legend. There were several times I attempted to clean it, to the point that I even rented a steam cleaner, but she objected and thwarted my efforts. Had I really cleaned it, thought would have put an end to The Story and the shame she could ladle on everyone for not cleaning it sooner. It eventually got to the point where we all just ignored it and avoided that area of the house even more than we naturally would. Even when we would see it, we were kind of blind or numb to it and didn't give it a second thought. This afternoon, though, after cleaning all that other crud, I walked past that area, saw it and decided to finally get rid of it. I grabbed a bucket full of soapy water, the jumbo-sized bottle of Clorox Clean-Up Spray, a pair of industrial-strength rubber gloves, a few sponges and a scouring pad, then got to work. Forty-five minutes later, the area was spotless! I'm still sore and my hands are raw, but that indelible stain has been erased from our lives. Naturally, nobody has noticed, even though I made sure everyone walked past it at some point today. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Knives Out is getting good reviews, and that's gonna give some people a new obstacle to jump over when complaining about Rian Johnson.

Reaction score
I doubt it.
maybe if he made a new SW movie that was "Getting good reviews" then maybe it would be relevant. but some random "indie flick"? nah.
if anything it proves that he is a better film-maker when he is playing in his OWN sandbox, and maybe he will continue to make "indie flicks" for the rest of his life.

this goes back to what I said in the other thread: he can't claim "ownership" and "authorship" over the SW universe.
this is GL's "sandbox" , and he was ONLY hired to play within it.

--> here is his latest quote, while promoting this, "knives out" thing:

...we've always thought like indie filmmakers, maintaining a degree of ownership and authorship over what we've done.
BINGO!! dude just hit the nail on the head!! that was my point exactly, in the other thread.
he CAN'T claim "ownership and authorship" over the SW universe. he was a fool to try.

he was a GUEST in somebody else's home... in somebody else's "sandbox".
he should have treated it with RESPECT.

but instead, he tried to make a name for himself.. he tried to make it his own.
this was the height of all arrogance.

end of the day, I hope "knives out" wins him a freaking oscar. as this would ONLY prove the point:
he is a better film-maker when he can "OWN" the very sandbox he is playing in.
---> he should stick to "indie films" From Now On! :whistling:LOL! he has NO BUSINESS making SW films.

a guy like Favreaux? or Filoni? sure. absolutely.
and this is why the Mandalorian will succeed:
Favrueax has done enough Disney Remakes to understand, intuitively, what it means to "play in somebody else's sandbox".

Rian Johnson is simply NOT cut out for that line of work. he should stick to Indie Films. forever. this is his True Calling.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Knives Out is getting good reviews, and that's gonna give some people a new obstacle to jump over when complaining about Rian Johnson.
I like rian, love Brick and Looper, which is why I was excited about TLJ but as many chances as I gave that movie, it just didn't work for me. If Knives Out is as good as his other non-SW films, it will just prove that he wasn't a good fit for SW.

Reaction score
We're getting near to closing escrow on our current house and the one we're moving to.
Had the home inspection done at our current house and all the stuff they found was very minor.
We also asked the prospective new owners if they wanted to keep the big, heavy dinner table we have and they said they'd like it.
One less thing to move. We're also leaving the fridge and stove.
Another thing not to have to worry about in this long road to a new home.

Reaction score
not sure if it's a really happy post or not but here goes... I'm an mid aged overweight guy that has struggled with his weight for 20+ years if not more. I recently started changing my diet around and focusing on cutting down my carb/calorie intake as well as exercising in the hopes of slimming down or at the very least toning up to shed the beer belly and possible look a little muscular etc. It's been a month and I see small changes (face, arms, legs and even a little bit in my torso area). Like all diets it's a long road of hard work and dedication and of course the results vary for everyone. Every morning I look in the mirror and sadly I really see no change (minus the small ones here or there) but that's the way it is for people who see themselves everyday and never see a difference. It's a definite mind trick that works it's toll on people and most of the time people give up after a few days or even a month (I've been there myself).

I have people telling me that they can see a difference in my appearance, personality, and energy levels... but I still really don't see it. My doctors have told me that I do need to lose the weight. I'm currently at 320lbs and 6'5". my goal (at least the realistic one) is to get to 290lbs which I'd like to achieve by the end of the year or 7.5 pounds a month. My somewhat dream weight/ possible unrealistic goal would be between 250lbs - 265lbs but time will tell.

anyways that my somewhat rant. didn't know where else to put this. I guess as I'm seeing small results and have people commenting that I have lost weight I guess I can say that was one of the little things that made me happy today.

Reaction score
what made happy for today.

I went to the diner an hour ago today and had a really good crispy chicken salad along with a glass of coke.

Prices sure went up though for some of the food. 9-10 bucks just for a fish burger by itself

Reaction score
I have people telling me that they can see a difference in my appearance, personality, and energy levels... but I still really don't see it.

Keep up the good work, as anyone with kids will tell you, if you see them everyday, you don't notices how much they grow/change. I cut out sugar & was surprised how much I lost with just that. (8-10 pounds) Don't try to cut out 100% of the bad stuff as that is what gets most people in trouble & fail at said diet.

Take it a day at a time, & best of luck!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Keep up the good work, as anyone with kids will tell you, if you see them everyday, you don't notices how much they grow/change. I cut out sugar & was surprised how much I lost with just that. (8-10 pounds) Don't try to cut out 100% of the bad stuff as that is what gets most people in trouble & fail at said diet.

Take it a day at a time, & best of luck!
Thanks mate.

I'm seeing very small changes. I'm definitely taking it 1 step at a time.

Reaction score
Since we're moving soon, we're clearing out stuff from garage.
Came across about eight years' worth of Rolling Stone magazines. I didn't want to throw them out and they would most likely sit on the shelves of a Goodwill, so I posted an ad in the Facebook marketplace to give them away.
Within 10 minutes they we claimed. Lady came by and took them all. She said she was gonna have her teenage kids read them along with her. :)

Reaction score
As a husband and father, this isn't the sort of thing I normally even pay attention to, but the last couple weeks have been a bit rough and left me feeling a bit down and self-conscious, mainly due to a couple encounters with James, a massive tool and incessant bully from my long ago high school days, and this kind of stoked my ego. Yesterday when I was out running chores, I had two much younger, very attractive, much younger (I might have said that already) women try to pick me up (separately, not together). Then at a concert tonight, the two women in front of us kept taking selfies, always making sure to get me in the picture, then offered to buy me drinks whenever my wife went to the restroom or concession stand. So, take that, James, you balding, overweight goon who can't stop living in the late 80s.

Reaction score
Oh please tell me he also wears a mullet? But a bad one because he's going bald. And thinks he is cool in his Winger shirt. Now that would make my day too.

Reaction score
I remember years ago (I was still in high school) some a hole decided to try to make fun of me. He was someone who I obviously hadn't seen since grade school. So I looked him straight in the eye & said I don't know who you are... You aren't worth remembering. That shut him up real fast. Then I laughed as I walked away.

Reaction score
I use my ipod on the drive to and from work and put it on random.
Most times I have to skip the tracks that come up because I'm sometimes not in the mood for a particular song or songs.
But this morning every single one was spot on and I listed to each of them and enjoyed my commute. Ah, the little things.

Reaction score
Oh please tell me he also wears a mullet? But a bad one because he's going bald. And thinks he is cool in his Winger shirt. Now that would make my day too.
No mullet, but I'm sure he still sports his Members Only jacket on the weekend. He was captain of the golf team and got a brand new Trans-Am for his sixteenth birthday, if that gives you any insight into his personality. He's one of the ones who, at our last class reunion, wanted a separate function for everyone who earned a varsity letter--but only in certain sports. Personality-wise, he hasn't changed a bit. Physically, he's a posterboy for what 30 years of hardcore drinking can do to a body.

Reaction score
So yesterday wife wanted to go to this new farmers market . We went and mostly it was small local businesses. But one was a super new coffee shop. I don't do coffee but she does. So she gets me this strawberry thing. Point to story is the name of this place was Boba Fete. Owner is a huge star wars fan. Even got a button to wear. It was free just by posting a pic on Instagram. So anybody in Louisville area check them out. Drink was pretty good too.

Reaction score
16 days and counting till my plane takes off for Galaxy's Edge and my family vacation to Disneyworld! Best part is that my kids have idea we are going

Reaction score
Last night I discovered that someone had uploaded the old Disney TV movie, Earth Star Voyager, onto Youtube. For those who haven't heard of it, it premiered on television in early 1988 and told the story a group of teenagers and young adults piloting a ship to discover a new planet for humans to colonize, since the Earth is on the brink of destruction from overpopulation and pollution (I assume). I hadn't seen this movie since it first came out, but I was surprised by how much of the story I remembered. It's very much a 1980s made-for-TV movie, though, where they only shot two or three special effects shots of the main starship and just kept replaying those throughout the film. However, it was a real treat to be able to watch it again.
I remember watching that the night (nights, I think it aired over 2 or 3 nights right?) it aired!!!